November 28, 2014 | 1029 users online

Fragrances - Thierry Mugler - Angel

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2005 3:40:00 PM More reviews by newsystyle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Reeks. This nausea-inducing scent should be called "Repel," because that's what it does.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2005 3:11:00 PM More reviews by tmpr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ugh! smelled like straight up patchuli on me, which is fine for some, but I hated it. My fiance smelled it on me, and he could not stand it. I will stick with my Chanel. I am glad I had a sample. However, when I wore it, I could not wait to take a shower. It was so overwhelmingly bad on me.

other fragrances I wear: Chanel Chance, Le fue d'Issey Light, Moschino Couture.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2005 2:14:00 PM More reviews by honkytonkangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

"Girls" who have not yet reconciled themselves with the power of their sexuality fear this scent. Those of us who understand and respect its power know that a teeny-weeny spritz just at the edge of the hairline on the back of the neck is yummy! The key is in the amount worn and in its placement. I wear the tiniest little amount. It causes 25-year-old guys to chase me down and do unspeakable things to me. I doubt something as ho-hum as Pleasures or Tommy Girl could inspire that kind of response. I find it to be soft, earthy and natural... great for those of us who find no appeal in smelling like hairspray.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/21/2005 5:38:00 PM More reviews by tesora13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I cannot stand to wear this, let alone be in the same room with anyone wearing it. I might be allergic to it, that's how much of an adverse reaction I have to it. I sneeze when I smell it, and the scent stays in my nose for days. It's also very detectable and too many people wear it. It's too strong, too heavy, too sweet. The only thing I DO like about this is the packaging-the bottle is gorgeous!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/21/2005 8:08:00 AM More reviews by LisaF63

Waaaaay too sweet! And when I tried to wash it off it wouldn't go away! Impractical star shaped bottle and a hefty price tag.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2005 4:58:00 PM More reviews by PINKSG

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had heard good and bad reviews on this fragrance. Smelled it one day in the mall and had to have it. I can smell the vanilla, my favorite scent. I have gone through a whole bottle and will have to find a cheaper price on ebay. I have had everyone compliment me on this scent. Everyone wants to know what I'm wearing and says it smells so good. I love it and plan on buying it again and again. I can only decribe it as a yummy sweet scent, I don't find it strong at all. Oh, and the bottle design is awesome.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2005 1:06:00 PM More reviews by BMW66

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Angel is one of my staples. I love the base notes and whenever I've worn it people have asked me what it is and where to buy it.

I do agree that most people wear too much. A little goes a long way.

It's in my top 5.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2005 3:15:00 PM More reviews by Nemea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used to have a love-hate relationship to this fragrance, but it's now developed into pure hate. You can smell it on literally everyone, everywhere, even in warm weather, and people tend to put on waaay too much!!! I once sat stuck in an airplane with the stewardess wearing an Angel overdose, and that was just too much.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2005 11:14:00 AM More reviews by necro_nymph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this fragrance in november last year and instantly fell in love with it ! I used to use Anna Sui but this, i will never replace. I am already through my second bottle !

rated 2 of 5 on 5/26/2005 11:51:00 PM More reviews by nancy_183

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Very, very complex fragrance in my opinion. There's so much going on that I can't even pick out a specific note on me. The first thing that came to mind when I smelled it on my wrist was that it smelled like candy. I think the majority of people either love it or hate it. That's usually the case with perfumes as complex as this one. I neither love it nor hate it, but I don't think it's for me. I love the bottle and the name though. :) UPDATE: I was at Bloomingdale's in New York almost a week ago and there were sales people on every corner of almost every department giving out samples of this fragrance. I can see it's definitely at the height of its popularity 13 years after its release!