December 21, 2014 | 1778 users online

Fragrances - Thierry Mugler - Angel

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2005 7:43:00 PM More reviews by jessied007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

whenever i smell this it reminds me of a hippy hooker. it smells like a mix of candy and patchouli.. hence hippy hooker. too many people wear this and it is really heavy. in fact, i can smell it from across the room and when i do i generally leave the room. this is awful!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2005 10:58:00 AM More reviews by AngelZoe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of the most polarizing fragrances I know -- sort of like Giorgio. What is that nasty BO element in this? Cumin? Smells like curry. Yuck. I cannot stand being around anyone wearing this, let alone wearing it myself. I am sure someone loves this bottle, but I prefer one that stands up on a shelf.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2005 3:40:00 PM More reviews by newsystyle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Reeks. This nausea-inducing scent should be called "Repel," because that's what it does.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2005 3:11:00 PM More reviews by tmpr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ugh! smelled like straight up patchuli on me, which is fine for some, but I hated it. My fiance smelled it on me, and he could not stand it. I will stick with my Chanel. I am glad I had a sample. However, when I wore it, I could not wait to take a shower. It was so overwhelmingly bad on me.

other fragrances I wear: Chanel Chance, Le fue d'Issey Light, Moschino Couture.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2005 2:14:00 PM More reviews by honkytonkangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

"Girls" who have not yet reconciled themselves with the power of their sexuality fear this scent. Those of us who understand and respect its power know that a teeny-weeny spritz just at the edge of the hairline on the back of the neck is yummy! The key is in the amount worn and in its placement. I wear the tiniest little amount. It causes 25-year-old guys to chase me down and do unspeakable things to me. I doubt something as ho-hum as Pleasures or Tommy Girl could inspire that kind of response. I find it to be soft, earthy and natural... great for those of us who find no appeal in smelling like hairspray.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/21/2005 5:38:00 PM More reviews by tesora13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I cannot stand to wear this, let alone be in the same room with anyone wearing it. I might be allergic to it, that's how much of an adverse reaction I have to it. I sneeze when I smell it, and the scent stays in my nose for days. It's also very detectable and too many people wear it. It's too strong, too heavy, too sweet. The only thing I DO like about this is the packaging-the bottle is gorgeous!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/21/2005 8:08:00 AM More reviews by LisaF63

Waaaaay too sweet! And when I tried to wash it off it wouldn't go away! Impractical star shaped bottle and a hefty price tag.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2005 4:58:00 PM More reviews by PINKSG

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had heard good and bad reviews on this fragrance. Smelled it one day in the mall and had to have it. I can smell the vanilla, my favorite scent. I have gone through a whole bottle and will have to find a cheaper price on ebay. I have had everyone compliment me on this scent. Everyone wants to know what I'm wearing and says it smells so good. I love it and plan on buying it again and again. I can only decribe it as a yummy sweet scent, I don't find it strong at all. Oh, and the bottle design is awesome.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2005 1:06:00 PM More reviews by BMW66

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Angel is one of my staples. I love the base notes and whenever I've worn it people have asked me what it is and where to buy it.

I do agree that most people wear too much. A little goes a long way.

It's in my top 5.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2005 3:15:00 PM More reviews by Nemea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used to have a love-hate relationship to this fragrance, but it's now developed into pure hate. You can smell it on literally everyone, everywhere, even in warm weather, and people tend to put on waaay too much!!! I once sat stuck in an airplane with the stewardess wearing an Angel overdose, and that was just too much.