Thierry Mugler Angel

3.2

I sampled this fragrance and it literally made me ill. I had to run to the store's restroom to scrub it off. This is the only fragrace to which I've ever reacted in this way. Weird.

So, I've worn this one on and off for a while. I go through phases, and it changes on me a lot. Sometimes I feel like a medicine chest, sometimes I feel like a glamourous starlette. I don't know what it is about this one, but the chocolate note fades in and out. The patchouli can be overwhelming. I recommend a very light spritz. We all know when someone's overdone the Angel. You can spot her a mile away, and she stinks! Would I buy it again....well, I'm still not through the first one from ages ago, so we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. For the ladies who are lemming....get a decant first.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is my favorite fragrance of all time. I got it as sample and have been hooked ever since. The lotion is great too. It lasts longer then any fragrance ive ever tried and its everyone asks me what it is when im wearing it. Star shaped bottle is beautiful but a bit annoying because it doesnt stand up.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Warm, Sweet, Spicy, Seductive and Super Sexy...Angel I adore you....the most delicious scent ever created.

Bought this fragrance when I was in Europe in 1996 and initially I really really liked it - wore it for one month, sat in my closet, then gave it away. Scent makes me sick to my stomach...can't stand it when I step into an elevator and smell it.

I personally adore Angel, but i had to stop wearing it for a while as i was getting complaints from my loved ones that they were getting headaches if i was around for too long! Ive started to wear it again recently, but very sparingly, and only at night. To me it smells very sexy-i can smell chocolate and vanilla. I love the gorgeous bottle-it looks great on my dressing table. When i spray this on before a night out, it immediately puts me in a party mood.

Blech! I disagree with the reviewers who say "it's bad on me, but nice on others".. I think they're just being nice. It's not pleasant on anyone. Everytime I smell this on a woman, I associate them with being a slut or a hooker, don't know why. Even the bottle conjures up those thoughts for me. It's tacky, not cute!

This fragrance smells WONDERFUL on me! Every time I wear it, people ask me what I have on. Isnt it funny how your body chemistry effects how fragrance smells on your skin?

I love Angel, and have been wearing it faithfully for almost ten years. I am certainly not going to stop wearing it because it has, apparently, become more popular than ever - what kind of a reason is that? I don't enjoy wearing it any less because others do, too. I also think that perfumes always smell differently on different people; the way the fragrance interacts with your skin always changes it a little.

Angel is my favourite evening scent - and that, I think, is the key to wearing it; it's not a daytime kind of fragrance. It's way too strong, heavy and overpowering, it tends to give people headaches, and it can linger for hours wherever you pass - I remember that once, when I worked extra in a wedding boutique, a woman came in wearing Angel. She stayed for five, maybe ten minutes at most, and left a trail of Angel after her that wouldn't go away for the rest of that day. My coworkers hated it, and I really can't say that I blame them.

I'm also well aware that it's one of those fragrances that many people with allergies react badly to. My mother does, for instance. I would never wear Angel to work, or for any kind of daytime activity. I don't think anyone should.

Angel belongs in clubs, bars, at large parties, at the opera, a fancy dinner, or in the privacy of one's bedroom. It does not belong at the office, or in the subway during the rush hour. Angel should be used sparingly, and with respect for others. It's an amazing fragrance on the right person, in the right time and place, but that time and place just isn't anytime and anywhere. continued >>

Okay..i have never seen such a varied review on a product!!

I actually have never smelt Angel..yes..i feel very left behind now LOL..
So i will first give ratings based on the cute packaging..

But my bf has bought a bottle for me while he was in Malaysia and he will only be back this Saturday so i cant wait to see how Angel reacts to me!!

Im kind of nervous as i really really want to like the perfume and its so over-priced so it had better be good!!

The thing i learnt from the reviews is use Angel SPARINGLY..just a little spritz on ur wrist or a spray into the air and walk under it.

Will give an update on how it turns out..

Popular Fragrances