Thierry Mugler Angel

3.2

on 7/28/2005 4:22:00 AM

the patchouli smell is what bothers me. yes... it is indeed long lasting and it does smell better the longer its on you but the stench of pathouli reminds me of old hippies that never wash their clothes and reek of incense.

and where is the chocolate? i dont smell it that much at all. but yeah, itsa still a good perfume. it smells strong and very different.

I have a love-hate realationship with this frangrance. Part of me really likes it, but there is an undertone that I can not figure out, but it reminds me of vicks medicated rub.

on 7/25/2005 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

As a fragrance this should get five stars, but I have to give it 4 because it smells lousy on me. I've tried and tried to wear this, but it just hates me. Instead of the rich, sweet, heady fragrance others get with Angel, I smell like a rotten melon preserved in cheapo patchouli. My sister's signature fragrance for many years has been Angel, and I never tire of how lovely it smells on her. She was the happy recipient of the bottle I bought for myself that had people crinkling their noses at the stench of my sillage. Oh well.

on 7/24/2005 4:57:00 PM

I love chocolate so I thought I'd fall for this. But it is musty and to my nose, unpleasant at every stage. The later editions with notes like lily are much nicer.

on 7/21/2005 6:41:00 PM

You have to definately love or hate this fragrance. There is no "in-between"! I love it and have either recieved positive or negative comments (note: no "in-betweens"). I bought a refillable flask but will not refill becuase the silver in the flask has chipped and the negative comments (seriously... some people consider it offensive but Vanilla Fields is 100% offensive IMO). I am resorting back to my classic Chanels and my new love Fragonard's Belle De Nuit!

on 7/15/2005 10:31:00 PM

This is a great smelling perfume I must admit. It's really hard to describe the smell, but it's bold and wonderful. Some say that it smells like chocolate, but I didn't catch that at all. However, from the description, it's a mixture of vanilla, sandalwood, patchouli, fresh citrus, melons, peaches and plums. I'd definitely buy again, but it's best to test/try it yourself. It doesn't work for everyone.

on 7/15/2005 12:32:00 AM

Already said, but this always smells great on others. Does NOT work well with me. I want to love it. It smells great in the bottle, and on others. On me it smells like cotton candy and toilet chemicals.

on 7/6/2005 4:32:00 PM

Definitely a love it or hate it fragrance and I happen to love it. When I wear it the patchouli does not dominate like it does on others, I get more chocolate vanilla and caramel notes with just hint of patchouli that gives it a nice depth. It is strong, one spray is sufficient for the entire day. I also appreciate the fact that Angel is not as popular in my area as it used to be so I can wear it and not smell like every other woman out there. The lotion and shower gel smell just as great, although the texture of the lotion is a bit watery.

on 7/6/2005 9:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Very nice on others, somehow doesn't work with my skin. i love chocolate/coconut/patchouli/persian amber etc etc notes... so this works for me. i detest all things Chanel with a passion - it smells synthetic & a bit too flowery for me - so i think this polarizing thing is so true - if you like warmer/nutty/sweet foodie scents - this can work for you.

on 7/5/2005 11:21:00 AM

ew ew ew!!! i can't believe inside that beautiful bottle lies one of the worst fragrances. as soon as i sprayed it on, i got an awful mix of chocolate and patchouli! i was expecting something sweet and angelic, but i could not get past the patchouli (to angel's credit, i don't like patchouli to begin with.) i could not wash this off fast enough. blech! too bad because i really love the star bottle. :(((

Popular Fragrances