Thierry Mugler Angel

3.2

on 7/21/2005 6:41:00 PM

You have to definately love or hate this fragrance. There is no "in-between"! I love it and have either recieved positive or negative comments (note: no "in-betweens"). I bought a refillable flask but will not refill becuase the silver in the flask has chipped and the negative comments (seriously... some people consider it offensive but Vanilla Fields is 100% offensive IMO). I am resorting back to my classic Chanels and my new love Fragonard's Belle De Nuit!

on 7/15/2005 10:31:00 PM

This is a great smelling perfume I must admit. It's really hard to describe the smell, but it's bold and wonderful. Some say that it smells like chocolate, but I didn't catch that at all. However, from the description, it's a mixture of vanilla, sandalwood, patchouli, fresh citrus, melons, peaches and plums. I'd definitely buy again, but it's best to test/try it yourself. It doesn't work for everyone.

on 7/15/2005 12:32:00 AM

Already said, but this always smells great on others. Does NOT work well with me. I want to love it. It smells great in the bottle, and on others. On me it smells like cotton candy and toilet chemicals.

on 7/6/2005 4:32:00 PM

Definitely a love it or hate it fragrance and I happen to love it. When I wear it the patchouli does not dominate like it does on others, I get more chocolate vanilla and caramel notes with just hint of patchouli that gives it a nice depth. It is strong, one spray is sufficient for the entire day. I also appreciate the fact that Angel is not as popular in my area as it used to be so I can wear it and not smell like every other woman out there. The lotion and shower gel smell just as great, although the texture of the lotion is a bit watery.

on 7/6/2005 9:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Very nice on others, somehow doesn't work with my skin. i love chocolate/coconut/patchouli/persian amber etc etc notes... so this works for me. i detest all things Chanel with a passion - it smells synthetic & a bit too flowery for me - so i think this polarizing thing is so true - if you like warmer/nutty/sweet foodie scents - this can work for you.

on 7/5/2005 11:21:00 AM

ew ew ew!!! i can't believe inside that beautiful bottle lies one of the worst fragrances. as soon as i sprayed it on, i got an awful mix of chocolate and patchouli! i was expecting something sweet and angelic, but i could not get past the patchouli (to angel's credit, i don't like patchouli to begin with.) i could not wash this off fast enough. blech! too bad because i really love the star bottle. :(((

on 7/3/2005 4:44:00 PM

When you're writing about the 580th review of a product, it's a little hard to say anything that hasn't been said before, but for what it's worth, here are my thoughts on Angel:

First of all, it is definitely a polarizing fragrance, and people either LOVE it or DETEST it, with little middle ground. I actually hated it the first time I sampled it, and couldn't get that sickly sweet horror washed off my arm fast enough...but I saw it mentioned so often on the fragrance board that after a few months, I got curious again and picked up another sample. What a difference a second chance made! Now this is one of my absolute favorites, and I am blown away by what a masterfully blended work of art it is. Rich and utterly decadent notes of chocolate and caramel against a background of patchouli and red berries. This fragrance has amazing lasting power, and only the lightest spritz is needed, as this stuff is STRONG. The "spray, delay, walk away" method for spritzing the air ONCE and then walking through it is usually more than sufficient with Angel. In fact, I've recently decided not to wear it in hot weather anymore, because this fragrance can become overpowering very quickly.

It's a very unusual combination of notes, and Thierry Mugler pulled it off perfectly, IMO. A classic fragrance.

on 7/3/2005 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Got really interested after seeing the MUA reviews, and got myself a sample @ clearance. Recently I am obsessed with sweet stuff, & this is supposed to smell like vanilla, caramel & chocolate - sounds yummy. I am relieved that I:

1) waited until at home to try it on instead of spritzing at the counter; and

2) bought only a sample (3ml maybe?)

1&2 seems contradicting, coz if I tried it I wouldn't have purchased. But I would rather made that wrong purchase instead of having the stuff on me during my shopping day - it's THAT bad, and strong, and impossible to get rid of!

As usual I stopped at 1 spritz when trying it on, and an overpowering sweet smell filled up my bedroom immediately. I couldn't detect any resemblence to chocolate or vanilla (was that sweet smell aldehyde?) It's sweet, but unpleasantly so. To my whole family it smells like mixed rotten fruits... Ewww! Why did they have to name it "Angel"?

Now I fanatically wanted to wash my wrist. Hand soap & then liquid body soap. It's still there. Cleansing oil + facial soap + exfoliating powder wash along with some scrubbing ('extending' my face cleansing regime). Much better, but still there. A thick layer of oily handcream, wait for 15min. and wash with soap finally get the horrible smell cleaned. Phew! Wait... That smell was in my room with opened windows after 3 hours... Definitely a nightmare! continued >>

on 7/2/2005 5:22:00 PM

oh, i wanted to like this so much! i was getting my hair done one day and my stylist smelled *amazing*. i asked her what she was wearing and she said angel, which was suprising, b/c with chocolate and caramel notes, i had always assumed angel to be sweet girly perfume...this was very warm and vanillic, definately for a woman, not a girl. she let me try some, and on my clothes and in my hair this is yummy. picked it up and nordstroms in a set with shower gel and lotion, and wore it every day for about a month with loads of compliments. then, all of a sudden, the heart notes went bitter plastic-y on me for no reason. very sad. the initial notes are still sweet and warm, and the base notes vanilla and patucholi goodness, but the mid range, the one that lasts the longest, kills it for me. too bad.

on 7/2/2005 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Just looking at the many diverse reviews on Thierry Mugler's Angel fragrance it's clearly a very polarizing scent, you seemingly either love it or hate it. When it first came out in 1992 I remember I wasn't too impressed, but I revisited it recently at my local Nordstrom counter have to say I was intrigued enough to buy a bottle later the same week. The chocolate and caramel is delicious, and I also like the combination with the praline and the fruity notes. It's a rather bold fragrance that I use with a very light hand as it's very easy to overdo it. Not an everyday scent for me, but an interesting addition to my fragrance wardrobe that I wouldn't want to miss. I will repurchase.

Popular Fragrances