April 17, 2014 | 1879 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2011 1:13:00 AM More reviews by MUA23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I received this as a gift from a very good friend and feel like the luckiest woman on earth! I rated it a 1 for price for that reason, but am well aware of the cost which is well worth it imo. The packaging quality deserves a 5 because that brown velvet looks so chic sitting on my make-up trays. I also enjoy that large mirror attached to the interior of the lid. My fav. combination is to use Naked and Buck as "bases" and the other shades in the "v" or crease, extending them out (one at a time, thank you!) in a well-controlled application. I find that the lighter shimmery shades look best in the center of my lid and the darker ones in the crease or to create the "v". Naked makes my heavy-lidded eyes seem to recede a bit (I'm NC40 as a reference). Applied this way, the shades look very good under flourescent lighting at the office.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2011 12:51:00 AM More reviews by tokidomo17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Awesome palette! It has such a great color selection (mattes and shimmers ect,) and the shadows are highly pigmented. Some colors had fallout (like darkhorse) but other than that the eyeshadows blend nicely and are easy to work with. Wonderful colors for both day and night... love love love this~ It's my go to palette now :) My only problem with this is the packaging I find that the felt gets dirty and the gold paint for the letters is chipping off. Otherwise, I love this and it's totally worth the money!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2011 12:03:00 AM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

Need I say more about this palette? Amazing selection of color that creates a variety of looks. Worth every penny. The colors are so versatile to work with - whether you want an everyday natural or even a smokey look. Lovin' it! Now that I have this, I'm not even interested in buying anymore eyeshadow products for a long time since this convenient palette contains all the colors I need. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2011 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Shestring4life

I love this palette, reasonabble price for the amount you get! beautiful selection of wonderful shadows!! only thing its missing is a matte highlight.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2011 5:25:00 PM More reviews by doneypinkhoney

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

At first I was crazy about this palette. I think it was because of the hype. The colors are very dupeable and I had a lot of similar colors. Some are just too dark, excessive glitter, or gold. Also the brush that came with is not to good at picking up the eyeshadows. & Unfortunately sin didn't even show up on me because of my pink undertones NW20. Overall I dont think its something to go crazy over and I would stick with my mac eyeshadows because they dont tend to crease as much as urbandecays. But if you are a beginner on a somewhat budget this would be pretty good. Hope this review helped. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2011 5:01:00 PM More reviews by PremierT

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a dark brown complexion and was sceptical of buying anything called 'Naked' convinced it would never work with my complexion. I was pleasantly surprised, every colour in the palette shows up and none disappear or turn ashy. They are fairly creamy and most blend very easily. My palette came with a shadow brush instead of an eye liner and it works fine for 'placing' colour on the lid but is useless for any detail work or blending. I would never have purchased it on it's own but it's not bad for a free brush.

The Naked Palette in my opinion contains too many shimmer shades to be called 'naked' at all but that's a small gripe. If the next 'Naked' included more matte shades (especially a matte black!) I'd be able to be used to create an entire look, at the moment I still need to reach for other shadows to make the palette work.

Considering the amount of product and the fact that all the shades are workable on dark skin tones (which most lighter colours are not!) this palette is an excellent value and a great place to start for a beginner or anyone that's not into lots of wild colours in their eye makeup. I love it for travel because of it's (1) suitcase friendly packaging which (2) includes a mirror and (3) the huge variety of colours can create almost any look you might need.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2011 3:40:00 PM More reviews by mrswest1031

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Took me FOREVER to get my hands on this palette, and I finally was able to via Swapping. I would easily pay the price to re-purchase this palette if I had to! I LOVE this palette to death already! All the colors are amazingly pigmented and the variety gives me the ability to create SO MANY different looks! I'm such a "neutral" and "smokey" eye look kinda girl, so this palette really is my all time fave now!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2011 3:25:00 PM More reviews by ljanelle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Very pretty, pigmented colors, but too glittery. I found the shadows more dark and dramatic than "naked."

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2011 3:13:00 PM More reviews by ilikenicestuff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Im about an NC 42-44 depending on formula. This palette did not have enough matte colors, and the shimmer was a bit much for me. The two mattes did not show up on my skin but were more so used as transition colors/blending colors. The other shadows were 'ok', nothing I didnt already have from another brand. Swapped.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2011 2:27:00 PM More reviews by taralynn36

I held off buying this for a long time, thinking to myself that it was too expensive and I could find drugstore price shadows that were just as good (note - I can afford high end, I just don't like to spend a lot on eye makeup). After buying the Coastal Scents Warm Palette and not being satisfied and loving the colors of this one I decided to splurge and make the investment. I don't want to on principles but I gotta admit it, these are really good. I get such good color pay-off and with my TFSI, the colors look vibrant all day long. I'm saving the primer for my camper and using my TFSI for daily wear. The colors are beautiful and I love them all. I've tried a lot of cheaper palettes from drugstores & NYX and as much as my frugal self hates to admit it, they just aren't the same quality. Yes, it's expensive and y husband would have a heart attack if he knew I spent $44 on eyeshadow but it is actually worth it. I'm sold.