April 20, 2014 | 1802 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 3.6(2086 reviews)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2010 10:09:00 AM More reviews by hairdessert

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

For a couple of years ago i started to get very interested in this brand. One reason it took me so long was that it doesnt exist in Sweden (my country). But even though that was the case ive heard SO much about it on the net. I just couldnt not get interested. Funny though, this is the product ive bought last. I had so much expectations about it, and boy theyre all right. It makes the skin look flawless but manage to make like youre wearing nothing at all, whats more to ask for?

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2010 9:03:00 PM More reviews by lisatw01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have sensitive, dry skin and am allergic to SPF. I thought that this would be great since it doesn't have SPF. It was horrible. I wore it out to dinner and washed it off at night. I didn't develop an allergic reaction during dinner, but the next morning, I broke out with cystic acne which lasted over a week. I'm used to developing rashes if the product is too irritating, but this was the worst and most severe reaction to any foundation. I recommend that if you have sensitive skin, try it on a small area of your cheek and wait at least one night to see if you are allergic. I'm sticking to my daily foundation which is Bobbi Brown's foundation stick.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2010 3:47:00 PM More reviews by kittycats

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was surprised this was so matte; I expected it to be silkier. It's definitely better for normal to oily skin than for dry. The coverage is light and the lightest color, 110, is quite light with a pink undertone but not overly pink, good for cool toned pale girls.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2010 10:45:00 AM More reviews by Anne3

So I bought the hype and bought this foundation in 120. I'm a NC20, and it's only a hair too light. My overall review: good, but meh.

Coverage: sheer to decent. I already have pretty good skin. This foundation gives me a nice even texture, but doesn't cover up my tiny-broken-capillaries-spot, and I still have to go over spots with concealer. I wish this foundation was a bit more pigmented.

Application: easy-peasy. I use my fingers to work it in, and it disappears into my skin pretty darn easily.

Wearability: sometimes I don't bother to set this with powder. It doesn't look cakey, and it doesn't oxidize, either. I give it 8 hours before I start getting a little shiney on my forehead. Overall, excellent.

But I wouldn't repurchase. For $40 per ounce, I expect near-perfect results, and overall, this product doesn't quite deliver.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/8/2010 11:34:00 PM More reviews by dukechickie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation just didn't work for me. The SA told me I could use this even though I have oily skin. Unfortunately, I ended up looking like a greaseball as it slid off unevenly, leaving behind weird patches. I don't need a lot of coverage, but even upon initial application, this didn't look right on me. I can't make myself throw it away, so it's been sitting on my dresser and every so often, I give it another go (with different moisturizers, primers, etc.) and I just can't get it to work.

I do love the bottle and the pump though.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2010 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Jennifer22309

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently bought this foundation because Ive been using Mac studio fix for 7 years and i started to realize its starting to look cakey and my skin is changing..Basiclly its not looking good anymore.
Well after reading all these fantastic reviews and watching make up gurus rave about this foundation i figured id give it a try.
First off I am NC40 in Mac, So i picked out 153# in MUFE. It is a tad bit lighter i feel than nc40 and it looks sooooooooooooooooooo natural and feels so much lighter.
My fiance even told me it looks like im not wearing any make up at all.
I recently tested this out at the gym threw a hard back workout than went out to dinner hours later (without showering, i know gross but last minute dinner plans) and i did not even have to touch it up!!
love it! try it! this is my new HG foundation hands down.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2010 11:53:00 PM More reviews by iamcrayon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because of the hype on mua and on youtube. I wanted to love this foundation but I overall wasn't satisfied with the satin finish. It made me look more oily then I really am and the foundation would rub off on my clothes (gross right?)

I actually stopped using it for a couple months and just recently went back to it just to finish off the bottle. Since I'm almost done I did consider repurchasing it again but decided to get the Mat Velvet + instead.

Overall, if you're combo/oily skin this may not be the foundation for you. I personally like highlighting my face and not letting the shine from my oils do that for me.

NC45 and bought shade 173

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2010 1:46:00 PM More reviews by MizzCherry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I finally gave into the hype after reading all the amazing reviews and got my first HD foundation yesterday. When I first went in and got color matched at Sephora, it took a while for the MA to get the right shade for me. She started from 153 and worked her way upto 170. 153 was too pink for me as I'm a NW35 in MAC. So 170 looked the best and seemed like the perfect shade for me. After I got home, I tried it on again and I looked so yellow and dull that I was shocked at how something that looked so good in the store could look this bad at home.

Next day I went back in and this time the MA was different and she did a good job in selecting my shade. She suggested the 128 for me as that has yellow undertones but it still did look a little bit light on me so she suggested I wear Laguna bronzer on top. With the bronzer on, it was perfect.

The texture of the foundation is very smooth and feels quite natural. Looks amazing in pictures! Usually, all my foundations look extremely unnatural in pictures but this one, I love! I apply this with my MAC 187 brush and wear the HD primer in neutral underneath.

Overall, this is highly recommended for all those foundation lovers out there. This is a must-buy! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2010 12:12:00 PM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm revamping my review of this. I did not like it at first mostly because I thought it was breaking me out. It turned out to be a totally different product, so I thought I would give this foundation another try and dig it out of my "Dead Soldiers Box:

I have this is Marble. It's the perfect match for my skintone which is about a NC15 in the Winter. My face is slightly darker than my neck, so I almost always match my neck for a seamless look. I do a lot of modeling and photography work and using good foundations for a smooth matte finish for photos is very important. The one thing that concerned me about this foundation is that it contains SPF. I am highly allergic to a lot of Chemical SPF's and have to be very careful what I use. I typically will get itchy and rash and breakout easily from the wrong product. Since I have started on the Kinerase products, my skin is very healthy now and happy. I was also using minerals and still do from time to time, but I find mineral makeup aging and drying. So After giving this another try out, I like it much better. You do have to use a primer with it or it will not last long if you have any kind of oil in your skin. I am using Clarins Smoothing primer and the combo of the two make my skin look beautiful. I found that once you apply this foundation, let it sink in a bit and warm to your skin and then apply a light dusting of finishing powder on your T-zone and it last much longer. I got about 6 hours of wear out of it. Which is the best I can expect from a Non long wearing foundation. I has to do a touchup on my nose halfway through the day, but It stayed nice and satin. I have drier skin in the winter and it did not dry my skin out with moisturizer undeneath. It has a satin finish, not matte but did seem to hide some of my imperfections without concealer. I actually only needed a moisturizing concealer under my eyes and for one spot. Typically I need more. It made my face look very fresh and glowing like for awhile, it does wear off a bit by the end of the day. It is not a Holy Grail Foundation but is a nice foundation if you want a medium to heavier coverage without feeling like you are wearing a mask. That is probally the best selling point for this foundation. It's highly pigmented. A little goes a long way, you can use a dab for medium coverage and build it up to whatever coverage you need. I would not get heavy handed with it or it may end up fake looking. The best thing about MUFE foundations is that they come in a lot of color choices. It's always been difficult for me to find a light neutral without too much yellow or too much pink. Some foundations turn totally orange on me. The color of the HD Foundation did not change. It made my skin look as close to flawless as I could get. I do think that I could not wear this daily as I typically need a long wearing makeup for 12 hour days, but for evenings out and special occassions where I will be photographed, I think it's great.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2010 9:11:00 AM More reviews by tooflymakeupartist

I just purchased this foundation because of all the great reviews, and I am very impressed this foundation blends flawlessly with my M.A.C 187 and a couple dabs of SPF moisturizer, for a dewy finish, This product has better finishing results when properly set with a powder of choice colour, slight shimmer, translucent,pressed.
Despite my large expensive makeup collection, I used to use Maybelline's Dream liquid mousse foundation which I love, still till this day because for the price you can't go wrong it does give a luminous airbrush like finish, however MUFE HD Foundation, really does work well for films and photos, and Im a performer so MUFE HD is now my go to foundation! cheers hope this helps