Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 4/17/2011 3:57:00 AM

Amazingly, they have a color pale enough for me. (Though definitely don't go by Sephora lighting, check it outside.) It also doesn't seem to upset my skin at all, which is impressive since EVERYTHING does. I usually use mineral foundation but switched to this due to an event with photos, and I think I might stick with it because my skin seems happier.

on 4/16/2011 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

BEST foundation hands down!
it is light and easily absorbed in the skin, buildable color which blends well on the skin, gives a natural satinfinish!
Yes ure supposed to use with the HD powder after, but it looks even more glowy and natural when u follow with MACS mineralizing powder (mine in Dark).

I truly believe a MUST foundation for every chick, especially my fellow black sistas! Make4ever has a great range of shades for women of color.

I actually got a sample of this in #117 and I think that might be my perfect shade after trying a few times (and checking under different lighting). I'm mac nc 15-20.
I love how flawless and glowy this makes my skin look with light-medium coverage! While it does not feel thick, I avoid looking cakey by spritzing my face damp before i apply this with my mac 187. I use a very tiny bit only- the sample I got has lasted me 5 applications and I think it can stretch another 3 more at least. I set this with pressed powder and also use a primer underneath, and it has lasted me at least 8h.
The only reason I do not purchase is that I don't use it enough to justify the cost. I prefer to use this only for special events when I need to look my best.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

LOVE this! I can't feel this on my face, it's the thinnest full coverage foundation ever made and it makes your skin look gorgeous in pictures even w/a crappy iPhone camera! I ordered this online thinking #123 was going to match NC30 it doesn't it a tad bit to dark just a lil but blended out it works perfectly. I'm going to repurchase this in #120 hopefully that's a perfect match<3

I have combo skin under this I use Cliniques D/D Gel & it keeps oil controlled I do have to touch up once a day w/MAC MSFN.

on 4/14/2011 5:03:00 PM

I'm using #127 and its the perfect shade for my face. It blends perfectly with a wet beauty blending sponge, not so much with my fingers or stippling brush though. I have combination skin and if I don't blend it with wet sponge I find dry patches on my cheeks. Its very photo friendly, my face appeared glowy and smooth in pictures, not shiny. It stays on for more than 10hours, doesnt fade or anything. I think I have slept with it couple of times but didnt give me any breakouts the next day. One bottle lasts more than 6months for me, i still have more than half a bottle coz im not using it everyday. I would definitely recommend trying and using this foundation to everybody.

on 4/14/2011 3:13:00 AM

I have been wearing this foundation for the longest time now, i love it! I barely remember what i used before finding this foundation. It's goes on very easily, you can ever put it on with your fingers. I only use about half a pump for my entire face and instantly my face looks flawless and it even gives u a natural glow. I have slept with this foundation on a countless number of times and it didnt make me break out at all.

You shouldn't use this if you have alot to cover, it gives u a light to medium coverage. I Rated this a 4 because it fades a little bit, but I will definitely buy this again and again.

on 4/13/2011 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is my first real foundation and I absolutely love it. I had pimples all over my face and when I put it on, it made my skin look smooth and dewy. Which is absolutely amazing. Also, it is really hard to find the right color for me, either darker or lighter. However, this one was just perfect. It matched my skin tone without a problem.
Also, I took pictures after and it looked like I have almost perfect skin. Just don't put sunscreen under, if you dont want your picture to come out white.

on 4/13/2011 5:42:00 AM

the foundation is okay but not great in my opinion. it made me break out in my t-zone.

on 4/11/2011 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other

This is the most fantastic foundation I have ever used! My skin looks photshop flawless in pictures and in person. I do not recommend using this product if you have dry skin. It is best for a normal to oily skin type. I like a bit of coverage so this foundation does a good job of evening out the skin tone without looking cakey. If you like a more natural look, you may want to add moisturizer to the foundation or try their Face and Body foundation. I use this foundation (#153) on clients as well and I find the best method of application is with a sponge (try one of the thicker more durable ones from Makeup Forever). Amazing!!

on 4/10/2011 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This product was a homerun for me and I love it. It never looks like I have on foundation and the fact I have to blend MAC Studio Tech and I do not have to blend MUFE is a major plus. I don't like foundation in general and for the most part will go to work 5 days a week with my hair in a bun and not a drop of makeup. My skin does not "need" foundation, but during the times I do want to wear makeup, the foundation is to hold what I put on my face. I love that I can put this on and not feel like I have to watch my face immediately. I was the one that the THOUGHT of foundation made my face itch. I forget that I have this on. My pictures look airbrushed and no one can EVER EVER tell I have on foundation. I also have freckles (which I love). It does not cover them, but it will even me out and give me an amazing glow. MUFE HD Foundation is number one with a bullet for me. I am an NC42/44 mix in MAC Studio tech and MUFE 170 (freckle face lady :-) )

Video Reviews & Tutorials