Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 4/11/2011 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other

This is the most fantastic foundation I have ever used! My skin looks photshop flawless in pictures and in person. I do not recommend using this product if you have dry skin. It is best for a normal to oily skin type. I like a bit of coverage so this foundation does a good job of evening out the skin tone without looking cakey. If you like a more natural look, you may want to add moisturizer to the foundation or try their Face and Body foundation. I use this foundation (#153) on clients as well and I find the best method of application is with a sponge (try one of the thicker more durable ones from Makeup Forever). Amazing!!

on 4/10/2011 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This product was a homerun for me and I love it. It never looks like I have on foundation and the fact I have to blend MAC Studio Tech and I do not have to blend MUFE is a major plus. I don't like foundation in general and for the most part will go to work 5 days a week with my hair in a bun and not a drop of makeup. My skin does not "need" foundation, but during the times I do want to wear makeup, the foundation is to hold what I put on my face. I love that I can put this on and not feel like I have to watch my face immediately. I was the one that the THOUGHT of foundation made my face itch. I forget that I have this on. My pictures look airbrushed and no one can EVER EVER tell I have on foundation. I also have freckles (which I love). It does not cover them, but it will even me out and give me an amazing glow. MUFE HD Foundation is number one with a bullet for me. I am an NC42/44 mix in MAC Studio tech and MUFE 170 (freckle face lady :-) )

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I just dont see why everyone swears by this foundation! I bought it and it was okay, but it was nothing special. It instantly hit the "im not as impressed with this product as I thought I would be" shelf.

on 4/8/2011 9:23:00 PM

purchased this from sephora as a photo friendly foundation for special occasions. looked fantastic at first, and was easy to apply / blend. unfortunately, this also made the skin on my face feel very heavy despite wearing only one sheered-out layer. face looked greasy (i do not have oily skin) and caused severe breakouts after only 3 times of use.

also has a tendency to fade and run after several hours of wear. considering the price i don't see why i should feel like i have to wear a primer or reapply throughout the day. the pricetag this foundation comes with makes me expect more out of the product's longevity and effectiveness.

pump (in my bottle) was cumbersome, easily clogged, and actually ended up putting me off finishing this bottle entirely (would have found use for it as a concealer or something but actually just could not be bothered.) wasted a pretty penny for a product that did not live up to the hype. i get the impression this is a "love it or hate it" foundation. highly suggest getting a tester sample before purchase.

on 4/8/2011 11:33:00 AM

Just bought this a week ago and really like it. I'm NC15/20 and match MUF #118 (flesh) perfectly. It feels much lighter than MAC and looks much more natural.

on 4/8/2011 4:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I've been using this for a few weeks now and I keep holding out, hoping that I'll find some technique or another that will make me love it like other people do. But, no matter what primer I use or how I set this, it's still mostly gone by the end of the day. No matter how much I build it or what I use to apply it, it still doesn't give me great coverage. I'm NC15 and was given 117, which isn't bad.

The pros is that it doesn't feel too bad on (it's not the best thing I've ever worn, but hardly the worse), doesn't seem to cause me to break out (I got a few while using it, but not anything unexpected), and it comes in a clear pump bottle (which I do love).

The cons is that it's expensive for what it does, it isn't very long lasting, it leaves me feeling greasy if I forget to use some of my oil-fighting products before/after.

Basically, I should never buy foundation from Sephora on an overcast day. But I'm going to keep experimenting and will update if I end up finding a way to solve the problems with this.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I am surprised but I like this foundation. I am around NC40 in MAC and Sheer glow Punjab in Nars or Bobbie Brown Skin foundation in 4.5 . I am biracial Hispanic and Asian so I have brown skin with deep yellow or "golden" tones. My challenge is finding a coverup with enough "yellow in it." I just recently started using department store cover up because my skin tone is so damn hard to match I always got prescriptives custom blend foundation. I still use another brand Color Custom Labs foundation but I decided it was time to try and find a pre-made foundation. It is a bit heavy so I just a little bit and then buff with with my mac stippling brush. Mostly I use this in evening or when I need more coverage since I have pretty good skin. I used 140. Nars "Beach" loose powder. Over all I see this lasting a long time like I said it's a bit heavy but a little goes a long way and if you need heavier coverage this is a good foundation to use that won't look cakey. I will have to say that if you don't use this in the right color, it looks horrible. After trying various samples I am 100 percent sure 140 is the only color that looks natural on me

I've been using the Make Up For Ever HD for over a month. I fell in love with this foundation since first use. It is easily buildable for coverage without looking caked on. And it feels like you are not wearing liquid foundation. It is the most natural looking foundation. Definetly worth the money. For swatches and video of the MUFE HD foundation go to my blog and youtube channel.

on 4/4/2011 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this foundation! It's the closest thing to HG (since I haven't tried a lot of foundation). The only thing wrong with it is the price (46CAD). It's a bit on the expensive side for me but I had a gift card. It has good, buildable coverage. It's the only foundation I've tried that actually looks like skin. It also feels like my skin! I like the pump bottle. I don't detect a scent. I don't find this moisturising (it says it is) but I wasn't looking for that. For reference, I'm NC20 at MAC and I was a really good match for #120

on 4/1/2011 11:19:00 PM

After years of wasting money on drug store foundations that would enviable make me break out, or create that orange ring around my face I finally stepped into a Sephora and found this Make Up Forever HD foundation. Sure it's a little pricey, but a little really does go a long way, 2-3 pumps cover all the bumps, redness and evens out my skin tone, no orange ring!

Spending 9-20 bucks on drugstore, pour clogging trash, every two weeks costs you more in the long run. You have to layer it on, it doesnt last the day, and it's almost always obvious in natural light that you're trying to cover something up.

M.U.F.'s HD when blended correctly (which is a breeze with the HD setting powder and a big fluffy blush) doesn't give you away, is seemless and really looks great even in High Defination.

The color selection is amazing, it feels amazing on your face, it lasts all day and makes your skin look flawless. Trust me on this one ladies it saves my day everyday.

Video Reviews & Tutorials