BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

4.1

on 5/8/2006 12:53:00 PM

I love this product - on my fair skin over foundation, it makes me look airbrushed and gives me cheekbones I certainly don't normally have! The texture is light and it is subtly sheeny, making it easy to build up if you want a dramatic party look but also useable if you are after a natural look. I bought it on a whim one day when I felt particularly dull and it really helps. I get compliments whenever I wear it. A must-have!

I got high beam and moon beam the other day in the post. I love both of them. The colour is light pink that blends really well. It's a lovely product to use but it's better used on a natural look.
The only thing that irritated me at first was the boxes. Why are they so damn huge for such a small bottle ? I have repurchased this many times and find that it is really one of the best highlighters out there.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is a fluid pinkish highlighter that works radiance onto tired skin. I swiped this over the cheeks and onto the brow bone to freshen up the look. I still prefer Black Orchid-Its a perfect alibi but once that is finished, High Beam will take over as the highlighter of choice. It is non-oily and stays quite well. Only grouse is that must remember to cap well or it will leak.

on 4/25/2006 6:40:00 AM

Hands down best highlighter I have ever used. I would use the tester everytime I went to Sephora but never bought it, I just couldn't justify the price tag. Try as I might, I could no longer resist and I shelled out the $22 for the bottle. I am happy with my purchase. I've had a problem with highlighters being too glittery. I don't mind some glitter for my body but not my face. This stuff has NO glitter, it's just a great iridescent glow. A little goes a long way. Absolutely beautiful.

on 4/11/2006 12:10:00 PM

I love this highlighter. I use it every day on the inside corners of my eyes and sometimes on the cheekbones, bridge of the nose and under the eyebrows.

It's really pretty and goes on smoothly...the only thing I would change is maybe the application. It's not the easiest if you are in a huge hurry. It's like a nail polish brush and it can get messy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a very good product to add a little sheen and light to your cheekbones and eyebrow area. It looks wonderful on my very fair skin and gives it that healthy pink glow. I just dab a little bit on a makeup sponge with the handy brush applicator (almost like a nail polish) and highlight. Makes my skin look dewy and fresh. LOVE IT!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like this! I got it in the realness of concealness kit, but otherwise I may not have ever tried it (i bought the kit for the boiing and lemon aid and ooh la lift). Anyway, I thought it would be too teeny-bopper because I thought it would be glittery. But its not. It really subtle unless you just go overboard. I dont use it everyday, but when I want to have an evening look, I highlight my cheeks with it on top of my blush. It looks nice, and blends in well. Its not sticky either. When my little bottle runs out, I'll buy the full sized one. (or maybe before it runs out... im such a benefit junkie!)

on 3/29/2006 10:26:00 AM

I didn't realise how much I loved this product until a (male) friend of mine saw a picture of me taken at a party where I was wearing it and told me it looked like I was porting around my own lighting system. I put it on my cheekbones and brow bone and a little on my collarbone and just over my cupids bow. I've not tried it under my eyes but having read a couple of reviews that suggest it I'll give that a whirl too. I have very very fair skin (NC15) and don't use this during the day but for special occasions this is fabulous!

on 3/21/2006 9:51:00 PM

I tried this as part of Realness of Concealness kit (a great way to try several different products) and LOVE it. I was very surprised! I have very dark circles under my eyes and a bit of this really helps.

on 3/13/2006 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This was the very first department store cosmetic item I purchased back in my senior year of high school, I believe-- the girls at the Benefit counter just about tackled me down and looking back, they really talked down to me because they could tell I had never purchased anything high-end before. I felt sort of attacked and left the counter, but they had used High Beam under my eyes and I remember it made my eyes glow, and the blue tones under my eyes seemed to disappear. So I went back to that counter and bought just the High Beam-- I think it was only 16 or 18 dollars back then. I just about used my little jar until it was all dried up and crusty, LOL! I used to use it with Dr. Feelgood... do they still make that???

Anyway, I tried HB again during a recent Benefit visit (different counter), planning on purchasing just Dallas, but the MA insisted I try HB again. Now, I stopped using HB years ago because I am so afraid of having shiny/oily skin. But something told me I should try it again because my skin is in sooo much better condition than it used to be (thank you, Pro-Activ!!!). Now that my skin is more naturally shine-free than it used to be, and doesn't get congested like it used to (acne runs in my family so I took Accutane in high school), High Beam is GORGEOUS on my skin!!!! What a wonderful multi-purpose product.... I love the little shimmers in it (more shimmer than I remember, yay!!), and I can use it not only under my eyes now along with concealer (or MAC Studio Lights in Tender Glow to keep that whole pink thing going), but on my brow bones, cheekbones, even in between my eyes!!

I am surprised that Benefit hasn't updated the packaging yet-- a little pump bottle would be nice (like the new MAC Glimmershimmers) because I can see the product getting dirty very quickly, and the little brush tends to get gloppy... they haven't even updated the actual writing or anything at all on the product, which is surprising for Benefit. But I guess if it ain't broke, don't fix it, right? :o)

Anyway, I wouldn't really suggest this for very oily-skinned gals for anything other than an under-eye highlighter, but for born-again good skin gals like me or drier-skinned gals, it is highly recommended!!!!
continued >>