Neutrogena Oil Free eye makeup remover

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Benzyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Dipropylene Glycol, Poloxamer 182, Allantoin, Tripotassium EDTA, Benzalkonium Chloride, Glycerin, Cucumber Fruit Extract (Cucumis Sativus), Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate.

on 4/26/2006 4:58:00 PM

This is an OK eye makeup remover. It does have glycerin in it so it can have a little of an oily residue. That didn't bother me though. It did a good job of removing my waterproof mascara also, but it really dries the skin around my eyes out. I have tried it several different times and each time I get scaly dry (and I am an oily/combo skin). So I am still looking for my HG remover.

on 4/24/2006 6:44:00 PM

Update: While this doesn't remove everything in one go (2+ cotton balls are needed, and waterproof mascara doesn't budge much with this product), I like that it's oil free so I can (and do) use it on my whole face and don't have any skin problems as a result. Comodynes is great but I feel less wasteful and polluting using this vs. the wipes. Love using this in combo with a light scrub to cleanse after.

Orig review: In looking at other (mostly positive) reviews, I must not be using this correctly: apply to cotton ball, let sit for a few seconds on eye make-up then swipe off. Nothing controversial there, right? It takes me about 3 drenched cotton balls to get (non-waterproof, 2 coats only) mascara off, but that same mascara is now on other parts of my face... and it barely touches waterproof mascara (L'Oreal Voluminous)! Further, it is very oily (although I don't mind as my skin is dry, but it's not what it claims) - splash your face with water afterwards and the water will be beading up on your skin! $6 isn't a bad price, but it doesn't do what it claims, and in the 2 weeks since I've been using it I'd say I've used about 20% of the bottle. Giving it a 3 as I'll use the rest of it, but after that, guess I'll be going back to Comodynes.

on 4/18/2006 12:20:00 AM

Awesome inexpensive product. only minus is the packaging.

on 4/16/2006 6:51:00 PM

I will be running out and buying another bottle of this soon. I love this makeup remover it removes all of my waterproof makeup w/o irritation and a little goes a long way. It is comparable to Lancome's Bi-facils but soo much cheaper. I picked mine up at K-mart for 6 bucks. A steal!

on 4/12/2006 1:22:00 PM

Yeah!!!! I finally found a cheaper version of Lancome Bi-Facial! I just purchased my 3rd bottle of the Neutrogena. I have real sensitive eyes & the only time that Neutrogena stings a little is if I've totally saturated the cotton ball & use way too much product on my eyes. It takes off m/u just as good as the Lancome. I haven't noticed any greasy-ness, but now that I think about it, it might leave behind a slight film. But that's ok w/me because A) I'd rather it be slightly greasy than overdrying and B) After I take my make-up off I wash my face anyway. Oh, & to the person who said it was so greasy she had to use an astringent - YIKES! Astringent on your eyes?!?!? I think my eyeballs would have fallen out.

I did take one lippie off for the packaging. The bottle seems to have some leakage problems. It doesn't travel great if it has to be laid down. I just put mine in a Ziploc bag & store it in my overnight bag standing up & it does ok.

All in all this is a great product. Exactly like Bi-Facial except it's about 1/3 the price. Nice!

on 4/9/2006 11:45:00 PM

Amazing E.M.R! It really does the job well. But I really hate the packaging, because one night when I was taking off my makeup, I accidently knocked it over and like 1/4 of it fell down the sink!! The hole is way to big..it would be better if it was smaller. But whatever. It does its job. I was going to buy MAC makeup remover but I just dont see the need for it because it does the exact same thing as this one but this one is a lot cheaper! :). Doesnt sting my eyes, gets most makeup off the first or second wipe. Love this stuff...

on 4/7/2006 6:47:00 PM

I love this. I was tired of the price for Bi-Facil, so I decided to give this a shot. It removes all my make-up (even WP mascara) easily and gently. I agree a smaller opening would be nice...but I just cover the top with a cotton pad and flip. No mess and the pad gets the perfect amount every time. The film does not bother me, as it is oil free. I always remove my eye make-up before washing my face anyways, and after washing my face the film is gone (though my eye lids feel soft and moisturized). Super stuff. Bye Bye Bi-facil!!!

on 4/7/2006 7:23:00 AM

a cheap alternative to Erno Lazo (my favorite) and 1/3rd the price---but packaging makes me nervous as it has spilled before when bumbling around late at night ... hole on top could have pop-up lid or plastic filter and then would be home run.

on 4/6/2006 7:02:00 PM

This worked just fine. I just don't like the opening of the bottle, too much comes out of it, because the hole is so large.

on 4/1/2006 2:31:00 PM

I have to say that this is the best eye makeup remover for the price. I have tried much more expensive brands from Department Stores and usually am left dissapointed. My eyes are not sensitive but so many of them burn my eyes. This products needs to be shaken to mix properly then I just shake some on to a dampened cotton pad and set it on my eye for a few seconds before wiping away all of my waterproof mascara,eyeshadow and concealer. It is truly wonderful!!!! Some other reviewers complained of an oiliness. However I always remove my eye make up and then wash my face so this hasnt been a problem for me. On the rare occassion that I am just removing my eye makeup without washing my face I will just follow the make up remover by swiping my eyes with another clean cotton pad moistened warm water to remove any residue. This product reminds me of a product that I used many years ago from Amway but was unable to get ( and cost twice as much). I can find this in the discount warehouse store where I live for under $10 for 2 bottles!!! Now that is awesome...more money to spend on other great (and much more expensive) cosmetics:))