July 25, 2014 | 1949 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Neutrogena - Oil Free eye makeup remover

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2005 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Coccolina

I think it's the best make-up remover I tried so far (and I tried a ton!) Very gentle, and works well.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2005 4:26:00 PM More reviews by just_imagine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Raining on the parade here - I tried this eye makeup remover based on reviews here, but I'm not totally satisfied. It does take off my waterproof mascara - eventually. I need to spend several minutes and soak my cotton pad 2-3 times before it's all gone. Maybe I just use heavy duty mascara or something (L'Oreal Voluminous). The main gripe I have so far with this product though, is that it isn't very gentle on my eye area... after two nights of using it, my eyes felt dry and sore, especially at the corners - big thumbs down. Also, everyone keeps saying it's cheap, but I got it for $10.99 CDN which doesn't seem that cheap to me, especially for something I need to use every night that won't last very long. So, I'm still looking for "the one". *EDIT* I gave the remainder of this to my mom, and she just informed me last night that she doesn't like it either.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2005 10:55:00 PM More reviews by Savannah2004

I've always used Clinique or Mary kay makeup removers.....I bought this weeks ago when running low on $. I'm glad I did. This stuff works just as good as the expensive ones. Took off most of my makeup and didn't make my skin feel sooooo greasy like some others do. Totally buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2005 1:19:00 PM More reviews by abril

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm so grateful for finding this product. It's so gentle, never irritates my eyes yet removes all the waterproof eye makeup. And truly non-greasy at all! I switched from Clinique Take the Day Off/ Rinse Off, and this is definitely better, and cheaper!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2005 10:34:00 AM More reviews by miu66

Love this product!! It took off the most stubborn of waterproof mascaras (Maybelline XXL - white primer + black topcoat) gently and in one wipe! Yes, I've used other equally effective removers before, but this is the only one that doesn't leave an oily film. Definitely would buy this again!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2005 9:39:00 PM More reviews by Pam1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This remover is fantastic! I will never purchase Lancome's Bi-Facil again...as I find this very similar and *much* less expensive. This is a completley gentle dual-phase eye makeup remover (just like lancome's). It is fragrance free and non-irritating. It removes all of my waterproof mascara and liner with ease. HG!!! Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2005 7:11:00 PM More reviews by lanajules

This works great for removing waterproof mascara. The bottle does have a large opening but if you use cotton pads instead of cotton balls it will be just fine. Because cotton balls tend to soak up excess amount of the remover, and that can get into your eyes if you are not careful. With cotton pads you can get just the right amount.

Place cotton pads on your closed eyes for at least 30 seconds for optimal results. This will help you remove your mascara effortlessly without tugging or pulling. To wash off the rest of the makeup on my face I would follow with a gentle cleanser. Eventhough it is an oil-free remover it does leave behind this film. Since I wash my face after using it, it doesn't bother me.

Here is the best part. After using this remover I've notice that my eye lashes have grown longer and thicker, both upper and lower lashes. I swear. It's true. It was hard not to notice the lashes getting longer, especially since I barely had any on my lower lashes to start with. Anyone else notice this besides me?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2005 11:25:00 PM More reviews by Crista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I lucked out and found this product today! I was really PO'd with the product I used earlier, the Rimmel gentle eye makeup remover which is complete garbage by the way, and was seeking an affordable yet effective alternative.

This was it. Worked so great. It did have a greasy feel, like some have made note of but ladies, IT IS EYE MAKEUP REMOVER!! What did you expect?

I did not like the packaging because of the large opening. Actually, I transferred the product into my old Rimmel bottle (at least it was useful for something) because of the small opening that allows you to use the product sparingly.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2005 8:37:00 PM More reviews by JessieMae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Frick, frackin' fabulous. This is the best!! You can get it for about $6.00 for a 5.5oz bottle. It kind of looks like italian salad dressing.. like water and oil.. you need to shake it up to activate it. It works wonderful. I saturate a cotton pad with it and pat my lashes until all traces of my WATERPROOF, yes i said waterproof, mascara is gone. It might feel oily after using, but rinses away when you wash your face. I ran out of this, and I love it so much that I went to Walmart, on a Friday, at 5pm... which is insane :) Love it, I stocked up so I won't ever have to be without it. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2005 7:57:00 PM More reviews by pocky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my HG make-up remover. It works just as well, if not better, than more expensive dual-phase removers. I can even use it when I wear my contacts and have yet to experience any irritation. I usually pay $6 for the 5 oz. bottle. It removes ALL traces of make-up, including mascara and transfer-resistant foundation/lipstick. One caveat: I don't use much eye make-up and don't wear eyeliner. I love that it's fragrance free and extra gentle. It may feel oily on your skin but that's actually the silicone. I always wash my face after taking my make-up off so I don't have a problem with the "oily" feeling the remover leaves behind.