November 27, 2014 | 1441 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Neutrogena - Oil Free eye makeup remover

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2006 9:22:00 PM More reviews by mandicandi412

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

OIL FREE MY ASS? This is greasy and gross.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2006 5:42:00 AM More reviews by RinoaHeartilly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It takes a while to get the makeup off but at least it's gentle. My only gripe is the residue and it doesn't work on waterproof stuff (though I don't wear waterproof anymore). It takes forever to wash off the slick stuff and I end up scrubbing at my face, which kind of ruins the point of getting a gentle product. Packaging is not very good for the type of product and it's not cheap in Canada.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2006 1:11:00 AM More reviews by Jesamyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I switched to this product based on reviews here, after using Pond's Cold Cream to remove my wp mascara for years because I was tired of the oily and greasy feeling on my eyelids. I was pleasantly surprised at the ease with which this cuts through most of the wp mascaras I've tried, though the stubborn ones (CG Fantastic Lash WP comes to mind) require a few seconds for it to soak in. It doesn't leave my eyelids oily, nor does it leave any film over my eyes. Most importantly, it doesn't sting either.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2006 11:51:00 AM More reviews by Aibo

i loved it! it's cheap and works very well. it removed my waterproof mascara with no problem. didn't irritate my eyes at ll. will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2006 8:48:00 AM More reviews by irememberaurora

I found this product a few months ago and am already on my second bottle! I don't always wear a lot of eye makeup (MAC paint, eyeshadow, MAYBE fluidline, and mascara), but it ALWAYS takes everything off, no matter how much I have on. It leaves my eye area very soft, as well. I adore this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2006 8:48:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

I've been using Lancome BiFacil for years, but recently I wondered if I could find a product just as effective for much less than the $30 CDN I shell out. On impulse, while wandering through a drugstore, I saw this - at $10.99, a bit more than what I was expecting, but a third of what I've been paying all this time. And I love it! It performs just as well, if not better, than my trusty old Lancome - doesn't tug, doesn't irritate my eyes. I'm definitely making the permanent switch!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2006 2:04:00 PM More reviews by Michellebft

I picked this up after reading all the rave reviews here. I'm not totally disappointed, but I'm certainly not in love either. It does do a good job of removing eye makeup, I'll give it that. It certainly gets more off than my previous product, a Loreal something. But it doesn't seem to get all of it off. I still get a smudges after washing my face, and have to give it another go round (and I by no means wear a lot of eye makeup; most days it's only mascara!). Which leads me to a second problem: the oiliness of it!! The skin around my eyes feels so slick afterwards! This hasn't caused any breakouts or irritation or anything, but it's still really unappealing.

I haven't thrown it away, and probably won't, but I certainly won't be buying it again. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2006 11:49:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

This is my favorite makeup remover. For a while, I was dumb enough to shell out $16 or so for Clinique's Take Off the Day, and then I found the Neutrogena version which is much cheaper! It usually runs for about $7 at drugstores, but I've found two-packs at Costco for $8-10 I think? My only complaint is that the bottle is not very travel-friendly; it has a tendency to leak if placed on it's side in transit, so I just leave this at home and pack my Olay daily facials instead. As long as I'm able to find this, I'll keep on repurchasing as it's gentle and effective at removing the gunk I pile onto my eyelids :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2006 11:47:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2006 11:39:00 PM More reviews by a_la_gamine

Not bad at all. I've been a loyal user of Lancome Bi-facial for a while, but I unexpectedly ran out a few days ago and didn't have time to go to the department store. I remember hearing that this is very similar to Bi-facial, so I bought it even though I've hated all the Neutrogena products I've ever tried. This product is comparable to Bi-facial -- so far, this and Bi-facial are the only two make-up removers that have removed all of my waterproof mascara (L'Oreal Voluminous) without leaving me with raccoon eyes the next morning, although I do have to rub a little. So, yes, I would probably repurchase this. It's worth the $10.99 CAD I paid for it, but I'm still looking for a make-up remover that will remove all my make-up without rubbing, if such a thing exists. EDIT: I just realised that the directions say to rinse rather than wipe. So maybe I'll try that tomorrow night.