Neutrogena Oil Free eye makeup remover

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Benzyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Dipropylene Glycol, Poloxamer 182, Allantoin, Tripotassium EDTA, Benzalkonium Chloride, Glycerin, Cucumber Fruit Extract (Cucumis Sativus), Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate.

on 5/22/2006 2:42:00 PM

I bought this because my cetaphil cleanser wasn't doing a good job of removing my eye makeup. LOVE IT! It feels nice and silky going on, and gets every trace of mascara off. Yes, I will buy again! HG!

on 5/21/2006 4:18:00 AM

I've been using this for about 2 weeks now, and although I did really like it at first, it's giving me zits! Grrrrrrr. I love how effectively and gently it removes eye makeup, and it feels almost moisturizing (not sure what causes this..?), but there was something in it my skin didn't agree with. Since using this, a crop of (small) zits has sprung up on my forehead...and I have one cystic mofo between the bridge of my nose and my eyelid. :-( I will probably go back to my old staple remover, The Body Shop's chamomile stuff. I really hoped Neutrogena would work though!

on 5/20/2006 4:21:00 PM

it's oil-free but it leaves such a greasy feeling behind, gets in my eyes, blurs my vision, kind of like baby oil does. i have no idea how it does on waterproof mascara because i only could stand to try it twice. Rimmel is much better IMHO.

on 5/18/2006 7:00:00 AM

i bought this at costco, which came out in a 2 in 1 deal. good thing about this is that it works goood and does its job, plus its oil free. i would definitely buy this again!

on 5/17/2006 8:27:00 PM

A MUST try ! I had the hardest time finding a mu remover that would remove my DiorShow waterproof mascara; plus Im allergic to a lot of cremes (etc) that I put around my eyes. This mu remover is amazing-super cheap and takes every trace of M/U away !

on 5/13/2006 10:26:00 PM

Best drugstore eye makeup remover. It's the only stuff that gets my waterproof mascara off..it does leave an oily residue but that's the only way it can get the waterproof stuff off. Excellent product.

on 5/1/2006 2:50:00 PM

This is overrated. For an oil-free makeup remover, it sure leaves an oily feeling on my eyes afterwards. The Physicians Formula Vital Lash is a hundred times better.

on 4/26/2006 4:58:00 PM

This is an OK eye makeup remover. It does have glycerin in it so it can have a little of an oily residue. That didn't bother me though. It did a good job of removing my waterproof mascara also, but it really dries the skin around my eyes out. I have tried it several different times and each time I get scaly dry (and I am an oily/combo skin). So I am still looking for my HG remover.

on 4/24/2006 6:44:00 PM

Update: While this doesn't remove everything in one go (2+ cotton balls are needed, and waterproof mascara doesn't budge much with this product), I like that it's oil free so I can (and do) use it on my whole face and don't have any skin problems as a result. Comodynes is great but I feel less wasteful and polluting using this vs. the wipes. Love using this in combo with a light scrub to cleanse after.

Orig review: In looking at other (mostly positive) reviews, I must not be using this correctly: apply to cotton ball, let sit for a few seconds on eye make-up then swipe off. Nothing controversial there, right? It takes me about 3 drenched cotton balls to get (non-waterproof, 2 coats only) mascara off, but that same mascara is now on other parts of my face... and it barely touches waterproof mascara (L'Oreal Voluminous)! Further, it is very oily (although I don't mind as my skin is dry, but it's not what it claims) - splash your face with water afterwards and the water will be beading up on your skin! $6 isn't a bad price, but it doesn't do what it claims, and in the 2 weeks since I've been using it I'd say I've used about 20% of the bottle. Giving it a 3 as I'll use the rest of it, but after that, guess I'll be going back to Comodynes.

on 4/18/2006 12:20:00 AM

Awesome inexpensive product. only minus is the packaging.