October 31, 2014 | 1559 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Neutrogena - Oil Free eye makeup remover

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2006 8:48:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

I've been using Lancome BiFacil for years, but recently I wondered if I could find a product just as effective for much less than the $30 CDN I shell out. On impulse, while wandering through a drugstore, I saw this - at $10.99, a bit more than what I was expecting, but a third of what I've been paying all this time. And I love it! It performs just as well, if not better, than my trusty old Lancome - doesn't tug, doesn't irritate my eyes. I'm definitely making the permanent switch!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2006 2:04:00 PM More reviews by Michellebft

I picked this up after reading all the rave reviews here. I'm not totally disappointed, but I'm certainly not in love either. It does do a good job of removing eye makeup, I'll give it that. It certainly gets more off than my previous product, a Loreal something. But it doesn't seem to get all of it off. I still get a smudges after washing my face, and have to give it another go round (and I by no means wear a lot of eye makeup; most days it's only mascara!). Which leads me to a second problem: the oiliness of it!! The skin around my eyes feels so slick afterwards! This hasn't caused any breakouts or irritation or anything, but it's still really unappealing.

I haven't thrown it away, and probably won't, but I certainly won't be buying it again. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2006 11:49:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

This is my favorite makeup remover. For a while, I was dumb enough to shell out $16 or so for Clinique's Take Off the Day, and then I found the Neutrogena version which is much cheaper! It usually runs for about $7 at drugstores, but I've found two-packs at Costco for $8-10 I think? My only complaint is that the bottle is not very travel-friendly; it has a tendency to leak if placed on it's side in transit, so I just leave this at home and pack my Olay daily facials instead. As long as I'm able to find this, I'll keep on repurchasing as it's gentle and effective at removing the gunk I pile onto my eyelids :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2006 11:47:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2006 11:39:00 PM More reviews by a_la_gamine

Not bad at all. I've been a loyal user of Lancome Bi-facial for a while, but I unexpectedly ran out a few days ago and didn't have time to go to the department store. I remember hearing that this is very similar to Bi-facial, so I bought it even though I've hated all the Neutrogena products I've ever tried. This product is comparable to Bi-facial -- so far, this and Bi-facial are the only two make-up removers that have removed all of my waterproof mascara (L'Oreal Voluminous) without leaving me with raccoon eyes the next morning, although I do have to rub a little. So, yes, I would probably repurchase this. It's worth the $10.99 CAD I paid for it, but I'm still looking for a make-up remover that will remove all my make-up without rubbing, if such a thing exists. EDIT: I just realised that the directions say to rinse rather than wipe. So maybe I'll try that tomorrow night.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2006 5:04:00 PM More reviews by fifiwave

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's the BEST eye makeup remover I've ever used. Very gentle and it does a fantastic job of removing waterproof makeup and CHEAP too. :) I highly recommend this product if you need a good makeup remover but don't want to spend too much.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2006 3:37:00 PM More reviews by roscor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product made my eyes incredibly irritated. Not only did it sting on application, but it also was difficutlt to rinse away and made my vision blurry until I used soap to wash it off. IMO, the necessity of a soap wash following usage completely negates any benefits of a makeup remover.

I do not recommend this product and will be returning it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2006 3:42:00 PM More reviews by semolinapilchard

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

yes, it does a fantastic job of removing waterproof makeup for a little less than the sephora i used to use. however, the film is so bad that washing with cleanser after fails to remove it and have ended up using astringent to get it off. only giving the 3 rating for the fact it does what it's supposed to but i generally hate this stuff otherwise. eh, yeah jiveturkey- obviously avoided the eye area but just was too difficult to remove.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2006 2:23:00 AM More reviews by misseng

Best stuff ever. I used to use Mary Kay's make up remover, but this stuff is just as good, if not better, at a 1/4 of the price. Excellent. It does leave a bit of oily residue afterwards, but I don't mind since it does such a great job, and plus I always shower after I take off my make up anyways. This stuff takes off all my waterproof mascaras, too.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2006 9:19:00 PM More reviews by Mary924

Love this eye makeup remover...I too only wear waterproof mascara, and after years of using Maybelline remover, this one works great! Really gets all the mascara off, Maybelline would be so greasy and I would always have alot of black circles around my eyes the next day (I don't miss that). My only complaint too is that there could be a better design for the bottle...I drop everything...and I'm always careful with this because I don't want to waste a drop! I seem to be going through it fairly quickly also.