Eucerin Aquaphor Healing Ointment

4.7

Active Ingredients: Petrolatum (41%) (Skin Protectant [Ointment]) Inactive Ingredients: Mineral Oil, Ceresin, Lanolin Alcohol, Panthenol, Glycerin, Bisabolol

on 11/9/2004 1:55:00 AM

This stuff is awesome. It is creamier than plain vaseline and not shiney either. It feels fabulous upon application and actually seems to sink into my lips like a lip treatment should. I wonder if the reviewer below got a bad tube or something, as mine is virtually scent & taste free. This is one of the many wonderful products that I never would have known about if not for this wonderful site & the reviews!

on 11/8/2004 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

*Love* this stuff! It's a miracle worker for my dry lips. I slather it on before bed each night & my lips have been so much softer. It also works great on dry heels. I just wish I could find the elusive travel sized tube for my purse. It's always sold out!

on 11/2/2004 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

My doctor prescribed Aquaphor mixed 50-50 with Eucerin cream for dry skin. I had visited her thinking I had a fungus or something terrible, as I was itching terribly all the time, and she diagnosed DRY SKIN and told me to use this cream. It works wonders!!! So I mix up a big batch and slather it on whenever winter dry skin sets in. No problems with residual greasiness, soaks right in. Have been using regular Eucerin lotion in summer. Life saver, best stuff.

If you have trouble finding this, Eucerin is the company that makes it. I use this on my lips every night before bed and never get chapped lips anymore, EVER!!! After reading these reviews, maybe I'll try it on my feet too!

on 10/29/2004 9:12:00 PM

This works wonders on my perpetually chapped lips. Rosebud Salve and VS Balmy Nights weren't cutting it, and I needed something very moisturizing, so I picked this up. It's vaseline-like in consistency, clear in color, and odorless. I got mine in a tube for $4.99, but it also comes in a tub. Since I only use this as a lip balm, the tube will literally last years. In two days, my chapped lips were smooth as ever, and now I use Aquaphor at night, and the more lightly-moisturizing Rosebud Salve during the day. I think this is the best lip balm, hands down.

on 9/22/2004 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love the squeeze tube and thick consistancy, but honestly, it's no better than an a good old fashion tub of vaseline! This is just marketed better and costs more! I'm pretty sure you can get vaseline in a squeeze tube now, so it's just come down to a matter of price really! Both do the same exact thing! I took off one lippy for the high cost.

on 8/31/2004 5:42:00 PM

Aquaphor is great for so many things- but I never thought to use it as a lip balm. It works great and is cheap too- what more can you ask for!

on 8/23/2004 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium

Great stuff! I tried because of the reviews here and it works infinitely better than Carmex for my chapped lips, and works great on moisturizing. No odor, not gunky like carmex, and goes on smooth and stays! Doesn't dry out my lips either!!

on 7/26/2004 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

My son had severe eczema on his face and my pediatrician advised me to try this. I ended up loving it myself for lip treatment, foot softener, hand care and my husband started using it for his hands and feet too! I like it better than vaseline because it seems to retain moisture in the skin more effectively which makes the skin softer. Also, it doesn't seem to have the greasy feel of vaseline when you put it on. I do get tempted to skimp and but vaseline because it's a bit pricey, but it really is worth the extra money to me. This was also extremely effective on my son's diaper rash...healed practically overnight! I really love it.

on 7/25/2004 12:02:00 PM

I don't know what I would do without this stuff. I have severely dried lips, and I always have tubes and tubes of this stuff lying around. I also love to use this for dry patches of skin on my face and body. The only tiny complaint I have is the price-a bit expensive for drugstore, but worth every penny!