November 26, 2014 | 965 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Eucerin - Aquaphor Healing Ointment

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2004 12:02:00 AM More reviews by letjin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Aquaphor is similar to Vaseline - good for dry skin & lips. Aquaphor is less greasy and more easily absorbed. Best for lips, but for hands,knees,elbows, use Vaseline in creamy formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2004 3:02:00 PM More reviews by prsleanansidhe

My pediatrician recommended I use this to prevent diaper rash on my son and on his eczema and it works! It's truly amazing!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2004 12:08:00 PM More reviews by zephyr2005

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm on accutane, and my lips are really dried out. This stuff is my life saver! I love that it comes in a big-ish tube too, because it lasts forever. This is defintely the best lip moisturizer i've found, and it also works on dry skin patches, etc. All in all, awesome.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2004 5:36:00 PM More reviews by ashleymagruder

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Awesome for babies! I've used this when they get the tiny bumps around their mouth from the pacifier.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2004 8:36:00 PM More reviews by lissaSBC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

At first I felt like this did nothing for my lips, but then I put this on overnight and when I woke up my lips were moist and smooth. The trick to using this is not to glob on a ton but rather apply a thin layer of this to your lips, it will last longer and it will be readily absorbed into your lips. I got the 1.7 oz tube for $5.49 at Longs Drugs, I thought it was a bit much for such a small tube but I use such a tiny amount it will probably last me a very long time. This is a great bargain and way better than Vaseline.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2004 5:42:00 PM More reviews by ellenmac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this stuff! My dermo gave me a sample when I was taking accutane years ago to combat the extremely dry skin that med gives you. My lips were chapped beyond belief, but aquaphor did an amazing job of softening and conditioning my lips and even skin on my face and hands. I've used it ever since as a HG lip treatment and emergency dry skin treatment. I just wish it was easier to find the little tubes of aquaphor, because they are so convenient to carry around in my purse!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2003 4:06:00 AM More reviews by spoonleg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

handy on lips, hands, face or any really dry areas overnight. i give it 4 lipsticks only because it doesn't appear to heal any faster than good ole neosporin and vaseline on blemishes/redness/chapped skin. And I think it is WAY to greasy and thick to use as a moisturizer for the hands/feet. **Edit** after reading some other reviews, I tried mixing 1/2 aquaphor with 1/2 cetaphil cream and WOW! It is the perfect creamy consistency that absorbs well (my biggest complaint about aquaphor is that it doesnt ABSORB and looks/feels too greasy). Makes an excellent overnight treatment for feet and hands when mixed with your favorite lotion. Still too yucky for the face though.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2003 9:55:00 PM More reviews by tormaniac

Thanks MUA! You folks love this-so I bought some. Right again of course! It is a miracle. Now, I like my Kiehl's lip balm-but this stuff-even better. My feet are the worst-this stuff actually helps. Wish the tub was smaller though-it's not a very good packaging. But the product is fantastic. Rush out NOW and get some!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2003 12:50:00 PM More reviews by bargainista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I never would have thought to try this on my own, but I got a derm sample and was hooked. It's similar to Vaseline, but the consistency is a little thinner and it contains other emollient ingredients that make a world of difference. This is what I'd hoped the infamous Kiehl's lip balm would be. It's one of the best lip moisturizers I've used, and the first one I turn to when my lips are painfully dry. It's also great for dry cuticles, feet, elbows, and it saved my raw nose during my last cold. This is a wonder product for me. My only (minor) gripe is that I wish they made small containers easily available for carrying in my purse. I have seen .5 oz sized trial tubes at Walgreens, but they aren't easy to come by.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/14/2003 2:35:00 AM More reviews by sphondyloid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It lacks the packaging charm of my Prada balm, but with lips this soft, who cares? A thick layer of this several times a day, and I have perfectly smooth skin.

***EDIT*** I've since moved on to lip products that aren't larded with chemicals, and am pleased that Lansinoh lanolin fits the bill AND leaves my lips way more moisturized than Aquaphor.