October 20, 2014 | 862 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Eucerin - Aquaphor Healing Ointment

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2004 5:42:00 PM More reviews by ellenmac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this stuff! My dermo gave me a sample when I was taking accutane years ago to combat the extremely dry skin that med gives you. My lips were chapped beyond belief, but aquaphor did an amazing job of softening and conditioning my lips and even skin on my face and hands. I've used it ever since as a HG lip treatment and emergency dry skin treatment. I just wish it was easier to find the little tubes of aquaphor, because they are so convenient to carry around in my purse!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2003 4:06:00 AM More reviews by spoonleg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

handy on lips, hands, face or any really dry areas overnight. i give it 4 lipsticks only because it doesn't appear to heal any faster than good ole neosporin and vaseline on blemishes/redness/chapped skin. And I think it is WAY to greasy and thick to use as a moisturizer for the hands/feet. **Edit** after reading some other reviews, I tried mixing 1/2 aquaphor with 1/2 cetaphil cream and WOW! It is the perfect creamy consistency that absorbs well (my biggest complaint about aquaphor is that it doesnt ABSORB and looks/feels too greasy). Makes an excellent overnight treatment for feet and hands when mixed with your favorite lotion. Still too yucky for the face though.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2003 9:55:00 PM More reviews by tormaniac

Thanks MUA! You folks love this-so I bought some. Right again of course! It is a miracle. Now, I like my Kiehl's lip balm-but this stuff-even better. My feet are the worst-this stuff actually helps. Wish the tub was smaller though-it's not a very good packaging. But the product is fantastic. Rush out NOW and get some!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2003 12:50:00 PM More reviews by bargainista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I never would have thought to try this on my own, but I got a derm sample and was hooked. It's similar to Vaseline, but the consistency is a little thinner and it contains other emollient ingredients that make a world of difference. This is what I'd hoped the infamous Kiehl's lip balm would be. It's one of the best lip moisturizers I've used, and the first one I turn to when my lips are painfully dry. It's also great for dry cuticles, feet, elbows, and it saved my raw nose during my last cold. This is a wonder product for me. My only (minor) gripe is that I wish they made small containers easily available for carrying in my purse. I have seen .5 oz sized trial tubes at Walgreens, but they aren't easy to come by.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/14/2003 2:35:00 AM More reviews by sphondyloid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It lacks the packaging charm of my Prada balm, but with lips this soft, who cares? A thick layer of this several times a day, and I have perfectly smooth skin.

***EDIT*** I've since moved on to lip products that aren't larded with chemicals, and am pleased that Lansinoh lanolin fits the bill AND leaves my lips way more moisturized than Aquaphor.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2003 5:43:00 PM More reviews by sophie_lapin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My son's pediatrition recommended this for exczema on his cheeks... worked great and I have been using it ever since on my lips (3yrs)! I use it under lipstick to prevent it from getting cakey too! Love it, love it, love it... and I used everything on my lips before (carmex, blistex, medicated chapstick, dept. store crap, etc.).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2003 9:33:00 AM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this. I buy the mini sized tubes to keep in my purse so that i can use it as a lip balm. This stuff really gets rid of chapped dry lips.

I've also used this on my hands as a spot treatment moisturizer, it works great for that as well. Usually drugstore make their own version of this, but it just doesn't compare to the real thing.

Big rave from me!! :o)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2003 10:55:00 PM More reviews by lelly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This moisturizer works for very dry skin. Since its main ingredient isn't water (like most lotions/moisturizers in drugstores), it deeply moisturizes the skin and seems to speed the healing process for dry, cracked, irritated skin and other skin ailments. The texture is quite thick and greasy, so I put this on at night. A little of this stuff goes a long way, and it's very reasonably priced. It has worked miracles for my hands, elbows and feet. I highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2003 1:48:00 PM More reviews by juliebelle

Thanks to everyone who recommended this! --I've always overlooked this at the drugstore, thinking it was a heavy lotion. But I like this better than anything I've tried before for my perpetually chapped lips. Doesn't in the long run dry out my lips like Kiehl's #1, and feels less tacky than Vaseline. This is light and comfortable even though it's a petroleum product, and seems very protective and soothing. I'll still use Smith's Rosebud on the occasion because that's just a really pretty lip color by itself, but this is far more emollient and helpful for the cold winter months.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2003 10:04:00 AM More reviews by nhellegers

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is the magic potion!! Heals everything. I don't know what I did before this was introduced on the market. Best buy for me in a long time. It is truly multi purpose and works wonderfully for every type of ailment.