Eucerin Aquaphor Healing Ointment

4.7

Active Ingredients: Petrolatum (41%) (Skin Protectant [Ointment]) Inactive Ingredients: Mineral Oil, Ceresin, Lanolin Alcohol, Panthenol, Glycerin, Bisabolol

on 5/30/2004 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is, hands down, the BEST treatment for chapped lips and skin in the world. I have literally an entire shoebox full of lip products ranging from Bonne Bell to Jack Black, Arden and Dr. Hauschka-- I have flavors from spearmint to cantaloupe-- and what must I have on my lips every night? That most un-pretty, unflavored, utilitarian tube of Aquaphor. Yes, it's petroleum-based, yes, the formula is deceptively simple, but I'm telling you, it has healed everything from split-open lips to cracked fingertips overnight. I will NEVER be without Aquaphor and consider it the best all-purpose skin product ever.

on 5/27/2004 12:30:00 PM

I have tiny travel tube of this that I have just started carrying with me everywhere I go. This stuff seriously might be the best lip product I have ever used. Has no foul smell, no taste and moisturizes like crazy. Makes my lips feel softer automatically. Great as a lipstick base too. I am now obsessed.

on 5/20/2004 12:01:00 PM

LOVE this! my lips have been dry ever since i had Accutane (several yrs ago) and this is the only thing that has worked and stood the test of time. i wish i knew of this -during- Accutane! price is just okay. i have both the tub (home) and the tube (purse), which is more sanitary. i just wish the tube came in a travel size.

on 5/13/2004 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Wow. This stuff lives up to the hype and then some. It is so moisturizing and really does heal, even the most sensitive parts of my body ie. lips, dry patchs on face/body. It's a shame this isn't sold in Canada, I only got the chance to try it because of a generous swapper. If you have any problems with dry skin, this stuff is definitely worth trying.

on 5/13/2004 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This past winter, I posted a question on the message board, asking what to do about my dry, winter-chapped lips because Vaseline wasn't cutting it anymore. Several people suggested Aquaphor so I picked up a tube at the drugstore. I applied some to my lips and thought, "This feels almost the same as Vaseline." So I checked the label and petroleum jelly (Vaseline) is the first ingredient. About the only difference I can tell between the two products is that Aquaphor is slightly thicker. So if you prefer a thicker consistency you might like this product. Otherwise, save your money and buy Vaseline, which costs 1/3 of the same amount of Aquaphor.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This is wonderful for chapped lips, and it leaves a healthy-looking shine! It's one of the only things I use that actually leaves my lips moisturized for a good amount of time. I don't like using it on places other than my lips though, because it leaves them too greasy. I use Palmer's Cocoa Butter for the body. However, Aquaphor is good for when my body is very chapped...good to have around the house!

on 5/7/2004 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Just an expensive version of vaseline for me.

HG!!! I just bought this 3 days ago, because I've been having a problem with very chapped lips recently. My Palmer's Cocoa Butter Stick used to work great, but doesn't now. Well, after using this for just a couple hours, my lips were so soft! And 3 days later, they're the softest they've ever been. I won't ever be without this again!!! I put it on every night before bed. My husband really noticed the difference. I've been getting a lot more kisses!!! UPDATE: I haven't had chapped lips since I purchased this. I put it on every night before bed. Love, love, love it!!!

on 4/23/2004 1:53:00 PM

Aquaphor really is a healing lipbalm. It alleviates discomfort from chapped lips & skin & it really does seem to promote healing. And the claims that dermatologists recommend this - are very true. I love this for a glossy lipbalm & as a super-hydrating hand/foot moisturizer. This is very similar to Clinique's Superbalm - both in texture & wearability. If you’re a clear Superbalm fan - this is the drugstore equivalent - imo. Aquaphor is animal-friendly & is readily available at most drugstores.

on 4/16/2004 6:55:00 PM

I depend on this stuff! Im allergic to chapstick, but my derm recommended aquaphor and it is the only thing that helps my dry lips. I would def recommend trying it.