Maybelline Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB Cream

3.2

aqua/water, ethylhexyl palmitate, glycerin, octyldecanol, silica, pentylene glycol, octyldodecyl xyloside, phenoxyethanol, sodium acrylate/sodium acryloyldimethone taurate copolymer, hydrogenated lecithin, isohexadecane, hydroxyethyl, acrylate/ sodium acryloyldimethyl taurate, copolymer, peg - 30, diplohydroxystearate, sodium dehydroacetate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl, hydroxyhydrocinnamate, caprylyl glycol, disodium edta, citirc acid, polysorbate 80, potassium sorbate, propylene glycol, methylisothiazolinone, chamonolla retcuitta extract/matricaria flower extract, aloe barbadensis extract, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, may contain c177891/titanium dioxide, c177491, c177492, c177499/iron oxides

on 7/24/2012 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I bought this in the darkest shade to mix with my Skin 79 BB cream that is too light for me.

I like the dewey finish it gives the skin but since mixing it with my Skin 79 I have experienced some bumps on my face and a blackhead or two that I never had before.

Bummer, because as drugstore BB Creams go (ive tried Garnier, L'Oreal, Cover Girl) this one gives the nicest, dewiest finish and provides decent coverage for the price.

I would not buy again as I think it may be responsible for my sporadic breakouts :(

on 7/24/2012 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I really like this BB cream, granted this is the first BB cream i've ever tried. I have dark skin, so i bought the second darkest shade and it looks pretty good, i was actually really impressed with maybelline. I agree with other MUA members that the color out of the tube is a little off, but it blends really well and creates an even canvas on my skin. The SPF 30 is a great bonus too!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have Sephora bb creams I love, and also the Garnier BB Cream, which is great for the price. I tried this because a couple of people recommended it, but I'll be returning it after just a couple uses. The color would have been a perfect match, if it blended at all. Unfortunately, this doesn't oxidize like a true bb cream would, so you have to use a lot of it to get an even look, and even then I had the mask look on my neck. It doesn't work into the skin easily, and it has a very heavy texture but no coverage at all. Most of my bb creams have moderate texture so I wasn't expecting a lot there, but it felt heavier than my foundations. If I'm going to feel something on my skin like that it had better be covering things up! My skin is acne prone but also gets very dry, and this aggravated the dryness. My skin didn't look better after I took it off, which it does with my other bb creams. Even for $8.99, I'm not keeping this. If you want a drugstore bb cream, Garnier makes a great one, or go with Nutrogena's Healthy Glow Sheers Oil-free TM, which offers a lot of coverage for a TM and doesn't have a shiny finish.

on 7/24/2012 6:10:00 AM

Felt a little thick and greasy on application and although it gives a nice finish its not worth my continued use as it breaks me out in blocked pores and black heads really badly...will not be buying again

on 7/23/2012 8:55:00 PM

I want to start off by saying that this is going to be my initial review.

After reading lots of positive reviews and having a coupon, I gave Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream a try. The first thing I noticed when I put it on was that it seemed like a typical tinted moisturizer. It blended in nicely and gave me a sheer coverage. I liked the way it felt on my skin. But today when I took it off, I saw that I had a breakout on my forehead. A forehead breakout is very uncommon for me. Given that my monthly visitor is just a few days away, I am going to give this one more try...just in case it's hormones.

UPDATE: No more breakouts. I really like this. I started using E.L.F's powder brush to apply it and it goes on much smoother and makes it more buildable. It does not look cakey at all. One thing I have noticed is that is does go on very light. I wear the light/medium shade. However, after a few minutes, it matches my skin tone completely.

on 7/23/2012 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Okay so not a bad product. I bought this ater seeing the reviews and it didnt turn out too bad. It is very sheer so if your looking for a lot of coverage this isnt the product for you. Its great for those day when you just dont want to look crazy when going to the store or running errands. Its great for days out in the sun, it held up really well at the beach and a baseball game (80 degrees and all). Bonus is that this BB Cream is one of the few (Smashbox) that has a tint for women with darker skin.

on 7/23/2012 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

I loved the way this product went on. However, after applying it, it looked as if i'd done nothing to my face. Just to test it out I applied it only to one side and there really was no difference. I wasn't expecting full coveragebut for what it did do, I could just use a regular moisturizer. It gave my skin a dewy finish which might be nice if you have dry skin, but I unfortunately do not. So that dewy finish turned into an oil slick fairly quickly. Worst yet, this product made me breakout. Needllessto say, I will it be using it again.

on 7/23/2012 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I jumped on the "BB" Cream bandwagon. At first I tried the Granier BB Cream it was alright. But i found this at my local drug store and I thought this was way cheaper then the granier so i tried it out. I like this one better. It's not as thick and glides on much smoother. It does brighten my skin better and the color is more true (medium) then the garnier. I will buy again. i know that this is just a glorified tinted moisturzer but this is perfect for the summer.

on 7/23/2012 11:45:00 AM

This works well on large pores.

on 7/22/2012 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this at CVS for about $9 after seeing that they had a display for bb creams. When I used the testig tube of light on my face, it blended right in which is a major feat considering only the lightest shade of Revlon Colorstay can match my pale skin. So I bought 2 tubes of it since they look so small. The product is an awful orangy color and quite watery when it comes out of the tube but it goes on pretty good. Sadly, it didn't do as good as I expected from all the rave views of bb creams. I found it too sheer for my liking since the summer heat left my skin broken out. Even using a concealer didn't make problem areas look better. I did like the squeeze tube thats easy to use and hygenic. I will buy again only as a tinted moisturizer for when my skin is clearer.