Maybelline Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB Cream

3.2

aqua/water, ethylhexyl palmitate, glycerin, octyldecanol, silica, pentylene glycol, octyldodecyl xyloside, phenoxyethanol, sodium acrylate/sodium acryloyldimethone taurate copolymer, hydrogenated lecithin, isohexadecane, hydroxyethyl, acrylate/ sodium acryloyldimethyl taurate, copolymer, peg - 30, diplohydroxystearate, sodium dehydroacetate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl, hydroxyhydrocinnamate, caprylyl glycol, disodium edta, citirc acid, polysorbate 80, potassium sorbate, propylene glycol, methylisothiazolinone, chamonolla retcuitta extract/matricaria flower extract, aloe barbadensis extract, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, may contain c177891/titanium dioxide, c177491, c177492, c177499/iron oxides

on 7/28/2012 11:14:00 AM

I loved this product when I applied it - natural looking coverage, matte finish, what I was looking for. But after each use (I used it on 3 different occasions) I got a cystic acne pimple the next day. I contacted Maybelline, since they advertise it as "oil free" but they confirmed it is NOT non-comedogenic. Had to throw it out.

I wanted to try out a BB cream after hearing all the great stuff.This is called a 8 in 1 beauty balm skin perfector. it says on the back that the 8 things are.

1. blurs imperfections -yes
2. Enhances- it does enhance my complexion
3. Brightens- a tiny bit not like a highlighter
4. Adjusts to skintone- YES (my face has a little red and this covers it)
5. Smoothes- YES (i do not use a primer ,,just this and its so light feeling)
6. Hydrates- i still use a moisturizer first but it is not drying
7. SPF 30 protects-GREAT
8 0% oils and other heavy ingredients -NO OIL FEELS VERY LIGHT

For the summer i love a foundation or tinted moisturizer that feels very light, looks natural and has coverage. It is hard to find all these things at the same time. The thing is not only do i think this product lived up to those things but it was cheap too. I read some reviews that mentions this item being very small. I was suprized because i think you get a very generous amount ESPECIALLY for what you pay $7 for 1.0oz. I got mine at Walgreens in Medium/Deep which i believe is the 3rd darkest out of 4 that were displayed in store. They were out of the shade lighter but i wanted to try it so i went with this shade. i am glad i did because it blends in perfect with my medium/fair skin tone. I will repurchase this again with all the positive things about it!
PROS:
-spf 30 titanium dioxide sunscreen
-packaging (fits well in my bag,i will be able to get all the product out, clean)
-i really feel the texture of my skin is smoother after application
-i also feel like my complexion has got more clear and even
-very light with light to medium coverage
-not drying! it does not highlight dryness, sink in my lines or feel cakey
-cheap
-great for summer

CONS:
-if you leave the lid off while you are applying its very milky/thin....it could leak out very easily
-if you are looking for full coverage this is not for you

on 7/27/2012 10:10:00 AM

If your flaws are minor and your skin is already fairly even a BB cream might be right for you. Keep in mind, BB creams don’t give heavy coverage so it’s not going to hide major skin imperfections.

If you already use a tinted moisturizer a BB cream also might be for you.

Read more of our review at http://www.yorkblog.com/smart/2012/07/25/maybelline-cosmetics-releases-their-version-of-bb-cream-dream-fresh-bb/

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This is a decent tinted moisturizer. It is paraben free and has spf.. two thinks i look for in foundations. It is not an asian bb cream and does not offer that high level of coverage.. however for a light summer base it works great. Light coverage so i use it with concealer and powder. I got it on sale and with a coupon.. not sure i would pay full price but this tube will last since i dont use it everyday.. if i am going to work and want more coverage i use foundation or asian bb

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Although it is affordable, I won't purchase this BB cream again.
It was almost the worst BB cream experience for me because of the color: even though I applied just a very thin layer it made me look orange.

Plus is doesn't have any of the benefits Asian BB creams have - and the packaging -tube- was very messy.

PRO
- No breakouts
- Might work for people who have a pink skin tone (?)

CON
- Doesn't blend in very well
- Not moisturizing, skin dries out rather quickly
- Stays orange
- Cream just oozes out of the tube and creates a mess

A suggestion: always check the color under natural light!

on 7/25/2012 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I wanted to like this...so very badly. But, I ended up returning it in the end. Many people give this great reviews but for me its a no go. The price is definitely right on this one and I wouldn't mind paying it as I usually spend MUCH more on my tinted moisturizers and BB creams. But as I say that, this is NOT A TRUE BB CREAM! Original BB creams from Asia are slightly more pigmented and contain ingredients to both sooth and protect skin and undo damage/get rid of marks or redness. After reading the ingredients on this, there is no ingredients in there that do anything other then slighting cover flaws and act as a moisturizer and a SPF. This is truly a tinted moisturizer and not a BB I believe but I digress. Back to the subject, as it did provide a nice natural amount of coverage (slightly higher then drugstore tinted moisturizers but on the same level with department store types), at first it gave me the perfect dewy finish. But with in the hour my face became a veritable oil slick. It was terrible, even with powder it slicked up in the same amount of time and even with powder reapplication it slicked up again with in 20 minutes and my skin isn't even other then my T-zone. I think this would work fantastic for dry skin types or normal skin without an oily T-zone but for me it was horrendous. Also the color did not play well with my tanned Asian skin (Medium deep is a very dark color but I would get away with using Medium) as it was to pink/cool based. This also transferred all over the place and creased terribly around my eyes (Although I am sure an eye primer would fix that) but I can see for other reasons why people would love it, unfortunately I am not one of them.

on 7/25/2012 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

This is one of my favorite products. <3 I'm not allowed to were foundation (only on special occasions). Or at least, I don't like to. I feel like I'm hiding behind a mask. So tinted moisturizers and BB cream for me. This is great! The color I got (dark) is PERFECT for my shade, it blends in, and I forget that I have anything on my face! My mom and grandmother asked me what i was doing to my face, and said it had a 'glow' to it. It's sheer, so I might use concealer before I apply. Other than that, I'm glad I got it. :)

You might want to use a powder with this (to prevent it looking oily later), if you have combination skin.

on 7/25/2012 12:47:00 PM

First of all, I'm a little skeptical of the 30 SPF rating. It has a teensy-weensy percentage of titanium dioxide (one percent) as the only SPF. My Shiseido foundation with SPF 42 has like 13%. So, hmmm...I wouldn't rely on this for real protection.

Also, this IS a BB cream in one sense. It has definitely lightened my skin overall, which I wasn't hoping for. After just a few days, I looked a lot more pale with bare skin. So this does lighten somewhat, as many BB creams claim to do. However, it doesn't have any light-reflecting properties when applied (no sheen or sparkle).

It goes on very light and fresh-feeling, but beware! That's just the application. Hours later, it feels heavy, almost waxy, and looks very greasy. I have normal skin but if my skin was oily, this stuff would probably be a nightmare. Even powder doesn't help...

I got the lightest color and it does match my pale, neutral undertone skin pretty well, though it's a bit "peachy". I would recommend this for someone with DRY skin who seeks minimal sheer coverage and a "lightening" effect. I won't buy it again, though.

on 7/25/2012 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

First off (as many people have said), this is not a BB cream as advertised. It is basically a tinted moisturizer with SPF. It seems they've just latched onto a trendy term to boost sales. It has a VERY light, slightly dewy coverage which I don't mind for the summer bc I don't like the heaviness of full coverage in those months.. It takes more product than you think to get an even coverage on your entire face.Considering this tube is so tiny, you don't get a lot of mileage out of this. It doesn't really cover any blemishes or imperfections like a BB cream would, you would still need to use a concealer for that. I said I'd buy again based on this product as a tinted moisturizer for the summertime but for a BB cream, I'd use something else. UPDATE: I have developed a love for this stuff & now use it most days. I find it easy to wear and light and perfect for everyday.

on 7/24/2012 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I bought this in the darkest shade to mix with my Skin 79 BB cream that is too light for me.

I like the dewey finish it gives the skin but since mixing it with my Skin 79 I have experienced some bumps on my face and a blackhead or two that I never had before.

Bummer, because as drugstore BB Creams go (ive tried Garnier, L'Oreal, Cover Girl) this one gives the nicest, dewiest finish and provides decent coverage for the price.

I would not buy again as I think it may be responsible for my sporadic breakouts :(