October 2, 2014 | 959 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 11:26:00 PM More reviews by itsjenna007

Total shades: 12
Color I bought: 200 Sand Beige (3rd lightest)
Color reference: Mac: NW20-25, Photoready: Nude
Listed price: $13.97, I paid $10.97 w/ store coupon

The packing looks nice but could have been made smaller. I do not like how the ad shows the foundation all the way up to the rim when it does not fill the jar like that. I did not like the original colorstay since it felt heavy and broke me out. This one however does not break me out and personally does not feel heavy. My skin is normal to dry but I exfoliate so I do not have dry patches or flakiness. However since my skin is more on the dry side, I find that I do not need to apply powder over this. Also later I do not need to blot my forehead but do have to do this with other foundations. It applies very easily and I don't have to use very much. A while after applying it does feel a tad sticky but later in the day I notice this feeling is completely gone. I wore it for over 12 hours and it still looks good.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2012 11:18:00 PM More reviews by KananiLyz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

After reading so many good reviews I bought this foundation thinking I was going to like it, but I didn't like it at all. First of all, I didn't like how it felt on my skin. Since I don't like to cake my face with foundation I only applied a thin layer of it, but it felt so thick and made my face feel almost sticky. I like to have a dewy finish, but this just made my face look really oily. After about two hours my face felt so gross that I just had to wash it off. The other thing is that it didn't match my skin tone. I got Buff, but it was a little too dark and if I had gotten Ivory it wouldn't have matched either because it has pink undertones. Overall I didn't like the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by scareyj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this foundation! It makes my skin look really good even though I have some old acne scaring. It didn't feel heavy on my face and it lasted a good amount of time. I don't have oily skin and I didn't use a primer with this. Sometimes primers dry my skin out (weird I know). I am really impressed with this foundation :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2012 6:34:00 PM More reviews by donnatd

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Now this was a surprise!

I saw this in the Rite Aide but blew it off because it was
a cream base, and with summer coming on, the last thing
I need is a cream based foundation.

Wrong.

Altho this is a cream... it's really like a gel.
It applies like a dream;
Coverage is good, not masky.
It feels weightless,
and it lasts.
Sure there was oil breakthru after 4-5 hours of a long day,
but that's why there are blotting tissues.

What gets me is that I spent good money on the
new Clinique Matte foundation
(which is similar),
but with this Revlon, you get at least 3 times the
amount of product for much less $$.

go figure.
This is a keeper.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by mbtmom2000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this in an effort to replace my beloved ColorStay Active Light in Buff. For reference, I am a NW15-20 in MAC. Unfortunately, this did not work for me at all. I really wanted to love it as the coverage is what I am looking for in foundation. I have dry skin and this seemed to be mask-like and heavy even using the BeautyBlender. Plus, it oxidized on me mid-day which is very unusual for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2012 1:18:00 AM More reviews by TheScienceOfChic

I’ve been wearing this foundation since about 8am (it’s now 12am so It’s been on for far more time than I would normally wear it) and I would have to say that it had completely worn off by about 7 pm which gives me about 11 hours of wear on a balmy and somewhat warm day. It also evened out my skin tone quite a bit. Not bad.

Now let’s get to the bad:

The sides of my nose were literally FLAKING within an hour of application (and this is with a primer and a setting spray)
My forehead, nose, the inner half of my cheeks, my temples, and my chin felt like they had a dry mud masque on them even though I took special care to evenly apply and blend in a thin layer of product.
I had large amounts of product settle into my under eye creases within 5 minutes
My under eye area looked atrocious! It had a very dry and cake-y appearance.
My dry spots were made into full on deserts and this formula clung to blemishes accentuating them further.
Although the packaging is sturdy, it has a really large opening and it also has no way or removing the product in a sanitary fashion meaning that this can easily harbor bacteria.

I really don’t like this product. Thank God I saved the receipt because I am returning this tomorrow.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2012 7:53:00 PM More reviews by BeautyAngel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not sure if this foundation is good for oily skin as I have tried it, but it doesn't do well to stay on for hours so I returned it :(

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2012 6:47:00 PM More reviews by arienette9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for about two weeks and I love it. I'm a NW20 and I got it in Sand Beige. It's a pretty good match, sometimes I feel that it's a little too warm for me. The coverage is great, it covers up most of my acne scars and small spots. It wears well I work 9 hour shifts and at the end of the day it has faded a little, but there is no oxidation or complete melt off like some other foundations. It blends really well, I use my fingers to apply and then use a damp beauty blender to sheer it out a bit, and I get a lovely non-cakey finish. I'm so happy I found this.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2012 12:24:00 PM More reviews by jinxd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Combo, ultra sensitive, acne-prone skin; NC-20/olive

I was a religious user of the original Colorstay for years until it suddenly started irritating my skin. I *almost* stayed away from this because of what Colorstay did to my skin but all the reviews are so great that I had to at least try it out. Unfortunately, this doesn't work well for me :(

Buff matches really well, even better than the original as it doesn't have that odd greyish cast to it.
This hasn't irritated my skin at all, nor has it made me break out.
The texture is nice IF used right out of the pot. I prefer to scoop some out and work from that rather than repeatedly dipping but doing that causes it to dry out too quick and it doesn't blend as well.
As others have said, this can feel a bit tacky. The feeling didn't go away when powdered and the powder made it look a little cakey.
I did not find that this wore well at all though. Colorstay... sure. Finish and coverage stay? No! Dry spots, oily spots.... it didn't matter, it had broken down and started looking patchy and gunky within 2 or 3 hours.

I'm debating on whether to return this or hang on to it and try it again later, maybe when the weather cools back down a bit.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2012 1:49:00 AM More reviews by ChocolatCake

Well, I should say that I DO like the original ColorStay makeup; however, I find that it can be too "makeup-y" sometimes. Make sense? I was in the market for a new foundation since I've been striking out with HE foundations (lately LM, Tarte, and Bobbi Brown). I saw that this was new and I was intrigued by the "whipped" part of it since it sounded less heavy. I had low expectations when I bought it and I definitely thought it was going to be a gimmick. I took it home, applied a thin layer of foundation (no primer) and applied this. WOW! Excellent finish. It gives a natural finish without looking TOO dewy. I would consider it a satin finish. The glow of my natural skin still pokes through while also looking put together. The formula is bouncy and very creamy, and is definitely not as heavy as original ColorStay. I That is definitely a plus for me. I find that regular ColorStay can sometimes bring out little bumps on my skin, but the whipped makeup sort of sits on your imperfections (in a good way). It covered up my hormonal breakout pretty well. I remained oil free for about 5 hours before I had do apply any kind of powder. When I used a makeup wipe to remove my makeup before bed, the wipe still had a good amount of makeup on it. This stuff really stays on your skin. I find that it looks much better in natural light than ColorStay does -- much less harsh. It should be said that this review is based on WITHOUT a primer. I usually wear a perfecting primer before applying makeup, but I'm curious if I even need one at all with this foundation since the finish and wear were so beautiful. My two gripes are: the price and the packaging. I paid about $15 for this product. This is not bad, but it is quite expensive for drugstore. Also, the packing LOOKS nice, but it is not very user-friendly. I have to dip my finger into it, THEN apply with a foundation brush. Not very sanitary. I don't care too much since I am the only person using it. Someone mentioned that this foundation is a lot like LM Silk Creme, and I would definitely agree. The consistency is incredibly similar. Overall, great little drugstore find and I hope they continue to make it (I would LOVE it with a pump or in a tube, but we will see)!

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No