August 1, 2014 | 1189 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2012 4:12:00 PM More reviews by pugsrule

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love colorstay.Ive used it for a few years.I decided to try this new one and i will say i dont care for it very much.I have dry skin and this just shows it more,you cant blend this either it just becomes a splotchy mess.The colors run lighter than you think also,so buy one shade darker.It doesnt settle into my lines though so that is good,it just makes my skin look like its peeling,ick.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2012 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Jaylakent

I have only been using this a couple of days - bought on a whim. I have not liked Colorstay in the past. This is like the 14th foundation I have bought in the past 6 months. I have to confess I fell asleep in this after a night of naughtiness and well........there is nothing on my white pillowcases :)
The coverage is not as much as I would like - but overall what can you complain about after staying on all evening/night?

Maybe I have found my HG?

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2012 8:39:00 PM More reviews by flybaby

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: (September 16)
I quickly tired of using a foundation brush, mainly due to the thickness of the foundation, how much of it became embedded into the bristles. It was causing me to run through brush cleaner at record speed. So, I went back to using my fingers,to apply, and found if I worked the foundation into my skin, that it gave EXCELLENT staying power—well over 12 hours. I've never really rubbed a foundation into my skin before, but it did not cause clogged pores by doing so.

I also found that using powder, other than to achieve a more matte appearance, had no real purpose, as the foundation really did stay just as well without powder as with.

The cons for me are few. I really don't feel like this foundation goes far. I started using in May, and by September was well into my second jar. As it is quite reasonably priced, that's not a big deal, but, it's definitely not a plus either.

The biggest drawback with this foundation for me, and why I downgraded from a 5 lippie rating to 4, is that it leaves that smeary cloudy deposit on the face of my iPhone, etc— which is kind of weird. because on one hand, its extremely long wearing,It also will deposit into my blush brush, (pink bristles, hence easily noticeable that foundation was transferring) and its not like I work a lot of blush into my cheeks, Long wearing does not necessarily equal no/low

EDIT: Okay, its been about a month of daily use for me. I am still enjoying the results, still playing around with how is best to apply. I liked using fingers as it is quick and easy. But, for lasting power, it (for me anyway) needs to be worked into the skin, either by rubbing fingers, (rather than just tapping it on) or. work it in with a foundation brush.

At first I tried a flat topped stippling brush (Real Techniques stippling brush) and just didn't like how hard it was to work with. It felt like the foundation bogged the bristles down.

I moved on to the foundation brush, and, a foundation brush with this foundation is much easier to work with than a stippling brush.

The results look natural, the finish is just amazing, lasts for at least 12 hours, and no oxidization.

As an aside, I keep a wide mouthed glass jar filled with Cinema Secrets brush cleaner on my makeup table, & paper towels under the skirt of the table. This makes it super easy to always have clean makeup brushes. When I'm finished using a brush, all it takes is a quick dip into the jar, and a few wipes on a paper towel...

Original review:

I used the original Colorstay when Revlon first introduced it, and ended up with clusters of clogged pores on my cheeks. It also tended to look too thick and chalky. Due to this, since then, I've "stayed away" from Colorstay.

However, it is now many years later than my first experience with Colorstay, my skin is no longer oily, I have a better routine cleansing, and the formula obviously is different than the liquid original version. If I clog again, I will revise my rating for this review.

The lasting power for Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup is extremely good.

As far as packaging. for me, the jar is perfect. Even if its only me that appreciates how my makeup table looks, I do enjoy the feel of the heavy glass jar. It is elegant, and it fits right in with some of the more luxurious brands I have sitting out.

I am working on a fake tan (as usual) for summertime, but I don't use self tanner on my face because it turns hyper pigmentation spots that have faded, dark again. Hence, I either use bronzer or a darker foundation on my face (or both) Therefore, I can't really say much about the shades offered as far as a match goes, as I'm not really matching to my actual skin tone.

I am using 330 "True Beige" Although darker than my skin, it doesn't look like bronzer, its a more neutral color. It looks quite flattering.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2012 2:23:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I tried this foundation on one day and I look great. It is a little bit lighter than the regular Colorstay liquid foundation. So Buff made me look a little bit on the pale side. I have to say I love the texture with this and it feels so nice on my skin. I hated the pot it came in as there's a little "top" on the inside and it just causes such a big mess for me. I have tried using my fingers and a flat top brush. Both still caused the product to cake on me. My skin does this weird thing where most, not all, drugstore foundations cake like crazy. I try applying very little but then I don't get the medium coverage I like. So I'd say this is pretty light to light-medium coverage and that you have to have pretty nice skin to wear it just alone. It did wear all day and stay flawless. My oily spots did peek through mid day and I did have to touch up. It accentuated dry areas too so keep that in mind. I don't hate this but I like something with more coverage & that isn't as cakey. Overall I gave it a 3 'cause it looks like others like it and I'm sure they'll probably like it more than me (I am very picky with foundations). Then I gave the price a 2 'cause it was $11 at my local Target (could not find it anywhere else) and that's about average for drugstore foundation here. As for packaging I did give it a 3. I really wish they had put this in a pump or squeeze tube (think CoverGirl NatureLuxe foundation). That would be better and waste less product. I don't think Revlon was really thinking with that. I did leave the re-buy on this a "yes" 'cause like I've said before, others might like this. I'm just really picky.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2012 7:08:00 PM More reviews by misspris26

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

WOW!!! Great drugstore foundation. It stays put, looks natural and the best part? It's lovely to apply UNLIKE the original CS makeups. I am beyond impressed! This isn't my HG but for the price I often have some on hand. (My HG is the amazing worth-the-money Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2012 6:19:00 PM More reviews by grumpy37

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this for about a week. My complexion is cool but tends to pull yellow. I picked out sand beige which is an okay match. I may try nude too just to see the results. I have a very oily nose and forehead. This is by far the best foundation I have tried recently. I had bad luck with Clinique Stay Matte, Hourglass Matte and Estee Lauder invisible. It does not feel heavy on my skin. So far no breakouts either. I am overall really pleased.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2012 5:44:00 PM More reviews by PaulaNC

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a fantastic makeup! I purchased it several days ago, after having tried the sample packet in Nude. The color I chose is Sand Beige, 200. I'm typically NW20-25 and the color is excellent for my pinkish light/medium complexion. Before applying, I use my normal Regenerist serum and SPF 30 sunscreen, no primer because the serum serves the same purpose. So, I lightly dabbed a kabuki brush in and swirled it on. So fast-maybe 30 seconds? I look luminous, radiant, and perfected...not masky. Coverage is light weight, and light in texture. Weightless. Slightly dryish cheeks are comfortable, oily nose isn't oily. When I look in the rearview mirror I am shocked to see skin-but beautiful skin. I highly recommend giving this a try, if your skin is more normal to slightly dry and you do not like a heavy coverage. It's perfection for me.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2012 8:47:00 AM More reviews by oscarnabby

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

At the moment, this is my absolute favorite foundation of all time. I have it in the shade Nude, which is the shade contained in the samples available at the display. My skintone is in the neutral 20 range in the winter, ranging into the 25 area in summer. Although Nude is the tiniest touch too dark for me right now, it will be just right by June. I'm absolutely crazy for this foundation for a couple of reasons. The main reason is that it covers so well, but looks and feels so natural! It really doesn't feel any different on my skin than moisturizer, but I would say that it is a medium coverage foundation, and does a great job of creating an even canvas of skin upon which to build your makeup. Also, I have one side of my face with significantly more discoloration than the other side due to acne scarring, so I layer another layer of this onto that side of my face and it builds beautifully and so naturally...it doesn't ever look heavy and fake. On me this foundation wears very nicely too, although I always use primer beneath and setting powder over, and my skin oily-ness is decreasing as I age (mid 40s). I haven't bought a foundation in over a year, and hadn't planned on buying any foundations as I have plenty to use up, but that darned sample combined with the Rite Aid 40% off Revlon sale knocked me off the no-buy wagon, and I don't regret it one bit. For under $9 I got the best foundation I have ever used, and at the next 40% off sale I see, I'll buy the next lightest shade so I'll be prepared for the winter. Ladies, be on the lookout for this excellent product!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2012 12:23:00 AM More reviews by alpert815

Beautiful foundation! Blends like a moisturizer (I use my fingers and sometimes a kabuki brush), dries to a satin finish, and lasts through a 8 hour work day. I use the shade Buff and it matches perfectly. I have some sun spots and acne scars and this covers them without looking masklike. Great job, Revlon!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2012 4:17:00 PM More reviews by defygravityelphie

Oh my goodness! This is one amazing foundation!!!! My sister and I came across this at Bed, Bath, and Beyond, but I ended up buying mine at Target because they had my shade. Speaking of which, I am very, very pale. The only stuff I have that matches me is Lush's Jackie Oates color supplement, well, until I found this stuff. I have the color 110 Ivory, and it is a perfect match. I mean spot-on! I was so impressed with the color of this foundation, I would have used it regardless of the formulation of the foundation, but the formula is absolute magic. I did a wear test that consisted of waking up and then immediately putting the foundation on, no primer or setting powder, and not taking it off until night time. I had nowhere to go, so I wasn't concerned with the way it looked. I have combo/oily skin with a few dry patches, so setting powder is usually a must for me, but even after 12 hours, it was still on my skin. Not oily or melty!!!! This is honestly my new favorite foundation! It covers everything I want it to, but I can still see my freckles, which is just what I want.

Basically, just go get this foundation. No questions asked.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No