September 1, 2014 | 1914 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 11:58:00 PM More reviews by Elle02

Love this. Did not like regular colorstay and have not used liquids or creams for 5 years--just been obsessed with powders. Then I read reviews and tried this. .Agree with other reviewers that may need slightly darker color than you think, BUT finding that out means that I looked so good all day today, because I went with Natural Beige. I went to a water park, and by the end of the day, I looked as good as the start. I wore sunscreen underneath, and it still went on great (maybe even better) and lasted until now, which is 11 pm. I have ALWAYS WANTED a makeup to perform like this one does. Even if you are a die hard mineral or powder foundation girl, give this a try. also, If it feels tacky, use a barely there dust of your fav powder, before blush. You will see what I mean. I love this. I have never been prettier or more comfortable in my skin. PLEASE REVLON keep this product!!! It is the PERFECT foundation for me- incredibly long lasting, luminous skin, natural beauty but covers, and yummy feel. My first HG of 100 foundations. I fell like I bought beauty.

41 out of 43 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2012 12:17:00 PM More reviews by glowing500

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this. I bought Buff which is a little too dark for me. I have not seen it in Ivory anywhere but when I do I will snag it.

This lasts all day on my oily skin, gives good but not heavy or cakey coverage and does not look like a mask. I buffed it out with my Elf powder brush and it looks beautiful. I've been using it all week and I'm very happy. I hope this is permanent addition to the Revlon line up. I bought it at Rite Aid for 40% off but I would pay full price for it.

I kind of don't like the pot it comes in. I would rather have a bottle with a pump or a squeeze tube. I don't like sticking my fingers in pots every day. Even though my fingers are clean, I think about contamination

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2012 11:10:00 AM More reviews by obladiblada

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was excited to try this after all the rave reviews, but unfortunately it just didn't cut it for me. I'm a fan of colorstay in the liquid combination/oily version, in buff. I bought the whipped in buff and the color was correct. Pros- blended well and felt nice upon application, good color match for yellow tones, came off more easily than the liquid. Cons- the coverage is not as good as colorstay liquid on me by far. After application, it stays tacky. What really bothered me the most is that even after applying a setting powder, it stayed a bit tacky throughout the day and wore a bit patchy. I could FEEL it on my face throughout the day. It did not conceal blemishes well or dry patches. I will be returning.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 10:12:00 AM More reviews by productmomma

Wow! I am SO impressed. This is my new favorite foundation. My skin is sensitive on my cheeks and around my mouth, but at the same time extremely oily in my t-zone. The texture of this makeup is perfect. It starts of creamy and then dries beautifully. It disappeared in a good way when I put it on, making my skin look like it was airbrushed but not overly-made up. I found it is easily buildable, and used an extra layer to conceal a red zit on my forehead. It passed the outdoors test yesterday, we had t-ball practice with 83% humidity and it still looked great. Usually I put on makeup in the am and I look good for about 30 minutes, then I have to blot, and an hour later I look in the rearview mirror of my car and my makeup has done a disappearing act. I feel like I've been walking around with my fly down or something.......all of my hyperpigmentation and redness showing. With this I still had to blot, but all of the makeup stayed in place as if it's immune to my super oiliness. At the same time it washed off easily at night and felt breathable all day. There are no shimmer and sparkles thank God! I think the colors must run a little light, because I picked 240 (natural beige) and it matched perfect when normally I would be closer to nude or sand beige. My only 2 peeves are the jar container (prefer a pump or tube) and it has no sunscreen. Other than that I think I can stop searching for the perfect foundation!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 4:45:00 AM More reviews by lilac819

- I love this creme foundation. I think it's better than my higher end Dior and MUFE foundations.
- Lightweight. I don't feel like i'm wearing foundation.
- Can double up as concealer. not much needed to cover up spots.
- This foundation is very pigmented. A little will go a long way.
- USE A BEAUTY BLENDER!!! The dampness of the beauty blender will sheer out the foundation and the foundation will blend into your skin effortlessly. Using a brush is good too but I'm lazy and just dip my BB right into the pot. I know that's not the cleanest way to apply foundation, but I'm the only one using it, so I don't care.
- Great for oily skin people. This foundation will last all day. I always use a primer, but really...i don't think you need a primer with this.
-I'm an NC 40 and i use this in Natural Tan for reference. Perfect match!

My only gripe is that i wish it had a bit more yellow undertones. COME ON REVLON!!! READ OUR FEEDBACK!!! Not everyone is pink or neutral!

Will buy again!!! But when?? IDK because this jar is going to last me forever!! and it's only .8 fl. oz (not the usual 1 fl oz)

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 1:17:00 AM More reviews by catzie8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

First impressions on Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation Sand Beige:
-Amazing lasting power and oil control
-Blends like a dream
-Medium to full coverage. You can control how much coverage you want by how much you blend
-Used my Sigma F80 and worked well for application
-For me, the finish wasn't totally matte when first applied. It was a natural finish, which became dewy but not OIL SLICK by hour 10
-This probably would not work for dry skins. It did catch on some dry skin on my nose
-The texture and creaminess reminds me of the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Creme Foundation B20 (which slipped off my skin by hour 4)
-I prefer this to original Colorstay (which can look like a mask if you aren't careful) and Photoready
-I think I'm in love
-We'll have to see if it breaks me out

I did crazy amounts of swatching the color Sand Beige next to Revlon original Colorstay and Revlon Photoready.I also swatched it next to my higher end foundations. If you want to see the color comparisons or what it looks like after 10-hr wear, check out my post:

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2012 11:37:00 AM More reviews by zoeferret

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This foundation retails for $13.99 but often on sale. The best regular price I found is at Target for $11.99. It comes in a heavy glass jar and contains .8 oz of product. Slightly under average but not bad. The texture is a soft cream and blends very well. The finish is a semi-matte and coverage is medium-full. My skin type is oily-combo and I am currently suffering from dry flaky skin in some areas. Compared to other foundations it didn't make my skin flakes look too bad but it did cling on to dry areas. It did look really nice on the oilier parts of my face.

I got this in two shades- Medium Beige and Warm Golden. For reference I am a MAC NC35-37, NARS Stromboli, MUFE HD 128, Revlon Photo Ready Golden Beige or Medium Beige- medium yellow olive skin tone.

Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup in Medium Beige is very neutral leaning cool and slightly too light for me. I gave my skin a grayish cast. It is not the same shade as the Revlon Photo Ready's Medium Beige. I would have say the Whipped Creme would be around a NW25-NW30 in MAC.

The next step up Warm Golden is much more suitable for my skin tone. It is a perfect match- it has the right amount of yellow and is not too dark or light.

Overall, I really like this foundation and enjoy using it.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2012 6:00:00 PM More reviews by Katras

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Skin type- Dry/ Combo Sensitive Acne-prone.
Shade bought- Buff (I'm MAC NC 15-20 currently).
Pros- For $14 USD you got a lot of product, the color was slightly lighter than my current skin color, lasts a long time despite heat & sweat with no powder, coverage was medium, not heavy feeling despite thick creamy texture.
Cons- Not good for dry skin, shows every dry flake & pore, despite exfoliation and moisturizing beforehand.
Overall- Good for oiler skinned ladies, but I wouldn't recommend for drier ladies. Will not repurchase. continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2012 3:23:00 PM More reviews by jayjay0105

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

First of all, I just want to say I absolutely love this foundation. I have been wearing regular Colorstay for years, but always fought with the cakeyness and heaviness of it, and also how difficult it was to blend. I always went back to it though, because it was the only thing that lasted on my oily skin. This foundation feels soo much lighter than regular colorstay, and it blends onto my skin like a dream. I typically apply my foundation with my flat top ELF brush, but I've just been using my fingers for this. It's been so fast and easy to apply this way and get a great finish that I haven't felt the need to reach for a brush.

I am really really impressed with the lasting power of this foundation! I live in a hot very humid climate, and most foundations look very shiny and greasy on me within an hour or two, especially in the summer. This one, though, has a beautiful satin finish when I apply it (not super matte like regular CS) and it STAYS THAT WAY ALL DAY, which completely blows my mind!! And, here's the kicker, I don't even set it with powder!

I can't attest to the 25hour claim, but it definitely lasts a full work day and then some for me. When ti does wear off, it just gradually looks like you're wearing less foundation, as opposed to settling into pores and wrinkles, if that makes any sense. It doesn't look worse at the end of a day, just that there's less of it...but definitely still looks like I have *something* on.

I have worn it every day for a full week and haven't had a single breakout or additional clogged pores (I have some I'm working to get rid of, but this foundation didn't cause any MORE)

I love the packaging of it, and I'm not usually one to get suckered in by packaging.

I am just over the moon about this foundation, and never thought that I would find one that I actually *liked* rather than *tolerated*. The only thing I would change is the color selection--if there were more yellow-based colors I would give it at 10, right now I'll give it a 9.7 ;)

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2012 4:12:00 PM More reviews by pugsrule

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love colorstay.Ive used it for a few years.I decided to try this new one and i will say i dont care for it very much.I have dry skin and this just shows it more,you cant blend this either it just becomes a splotchy mess.The colors run lighter than you think also,so buy one shade darker.It doesnt settle into my lines though so that is good,it just makes my skin look like its peeling,ick.