Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup

3.9

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 6/21/2012 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

UPDATE!!!! A week later. Still loving it! The Buff matches my skin perfectly! Definitely run out and buy a bunch of jars of this. Stock up! I have a feeling that now that i found my HG, they'll discontinue.

Today is my first day wearing it. I'll go point by point. First the cons. (only 2 of them 1. & 2.)
1 - Color - Hard to tell from the jar and the jar comes sealed in plastic so you can't even open to look. All colors run darker than what you can see through the glass jar. Bought in Sand Beige - should have tried Buff. Will exchange it tonight. Buff i think will be a perfect match for me.
2. Packaging - not crazy about the heavy glass jar. Easy to drop out of your hands, very heavy.. won't travel well since it's so bulky and heavy.
Now the good points!
Texture - it is NOT a mouse nor does it feel very "whipped". It's very creamy. But light. Once applied it goes on VERY smooth and velvety like. It dries to an almost powder finish. And i don't feel it on my skin. I live in Florida humidity. Went outside and i didn't get that "sweaty get this off my face" feeling i normally get with other foundations. Also, my oiliness did NOT come through with this. I normally have to blot twice a day. I went to blot once out of habit and barely any oil! That's amazing. The foundation also stays put on your face. In order words it doesn't change, settle into pores or become anything other than your skin. And it doesn't transfer that much either. I talked on the phone and at the end of my conversation i didn't have any makeup on my phone at all! Which means it won't transfer to anyone's cheek or shirt if i give a hug! You just look like you have clear smooth poreless flawless skin and like it's yours not out of a jar! That's HUGE! It almost even erases fine lines and imperfections. like it fills them in or something. VERY IMPRESSED! I haven't had to repowder at all with this all day! and THAT"S amazing to me! I wash it off with cleanser soap and water. It does take some work to get it off your face but that's good since that means it'll stay on your face all day! so that's no problem for me. Overall, i honestly really love this makeup. It is a bit pricey at $13.99 but that's fine so long as it works so well. Please Revlon don't change or discontinue this. It's a clear winner and i've tried billions of foundations in my past (I'm 42 and have been wearing makeup since 19!) Overall HIGHLY recommended!!! Will update once i've worn this for a week or so to see if i broke out or anything of the sort. Speaking of, it contains salycylic acid which means it's going to keep my skin clear! Yet another bonus!!!!!! VERY GOOD MAKEUP!!! YES!
UPDATE 5/6/2013 - STILL loving it the same way. Mix it with a little L'Oreal BB Face Perfector and it's even better!

on 6/21/2012 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

I'm loving this stuff! I have pretty oily skin (especially in summer time) and this keeps the shine away for about 4 hours! I love that it does last all day on me without getting splotchy! One con for me is the glass jar, I would totally prefer a tube. I just feel like it's a bacteria breeding ground!

Update* I have stopped using this foundation. It's broken me out SO bad! My face is looking terrible right now. That really sucks because I actually liked the way it wore on me...Also the shades are all a little pink for me too. Well, the search continues!!

on 6/21/2012 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this product because i needed a new foundation and i thought this was worth a try. I bought it at walgreens for 13$ i bought it in the darkest color available which was natural tan which was still a little to light but it blended really well. The foundation is great ! It controls oil pretty well and i gives a matte finish the coverage is medium but can be easily built up . It feels very lightweight when you're wearing it and the foundation consistency is very airy and light and works well if you dot it on your face and then use a stipling brush . The only con is the limited color selection and that you cant really see the difference inbetween the different shades when you're in the store but I will defenitely repurchase

on 6/21/2012 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Nope, don't like. Unlike CS this makes me flaky and settles in pores. Would like it in a tube better too.

on 6/21/2012 9:17:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I DO LIKE HOW THIS LOOKS ON MY NECK AND CHEST VERY MUCH-SO I THINK IT'S JUST NOT THE RIGHT MU FOR MY FACE
(sorry for the screaming right there)

UPDATE: I tried pressing powder into my pores before applying this foundation. I didn't have the settingling into pores then, but still my fine lines between my eyebrows are very noticeable.

This foundation is basically foundation with primer ingredients added. You might as well do what a man at Norstrom suggested, and just blend foundation with primer on the back of your hand.

The darker shade (I switched from Nude to the next darker shade) worked much better, but I still think this foundation is better for younger women. It's average IMO.

FIRST DAY: I'm very disappointed. I agree with another reviewer that it settles in lines and pores-looked cakey on me. My face looks like a mask. I purchased Nude, but I might try exchanging it for a darker shade to see if that helps. The woman at Walgreens said that they could be returned even if used, so that's a plus.

I agree it feels as if primer is mixed in the foundation.

It's extremely difficult to find your shade because, as others have mentioned, almost EVERY color looks the same, and some look greenish or gray through the glass of the container.

After hearing so much about it, and the relatively high price, I expected better.

on 6/20/2012 6:41:00 PM

This is a super product for me. It's not perfect, but I do love its good points:

* I achieved a perfect color match (never happens)
* Blendable, buildable
* Excellent coverage without looking cakey
* Looks like skin, not like a mask
* OUTSTANDING, MIRACULOUS oil control. It's seriously like nothing I've ever tried. What's IN this stuff??

There's one con for me, and it's a big one. Somehow, even though the finish is satiny and somewhat transparent, this foundation makes my skin look, for want of a better word, dull. I own several other foundations that, even though they're not a good color match, serve to kind of "light up" my complexion. Not this one. I can't figure out what the issue is, exactly, but it doesn't really make me look my best. Oh well. I can live with it : )

on 6/20/2012 6:32:00 PM

I have found my HG foundation! I have been using Revlon Color Stay foundation for a few years now and I have been pretty pleased with it. The one con I have with the Color Stay formula is that it can sometimes feel SO heavy on my face. When I saw the Whipped Creme formula I was kind of hesitant as I have not strayed away from the Color Stay in years and I was a little skeptical. The packaging of this product scared me as you can't really tell what the actual color is in the glass jar; every color, their lightest to darkest shades looked exactly the same. I pretty much took a guess as to what color would suit me best as I figured I could always mix it with the Revlon Color Stay I already had. The formula is interesting to the touch as it feels a lot creamier than the Color Stay formula. I don't like how you have to stick your fingers in the actual foundation to get it out but this was just a minor set back. This formula is SO MUCH BETTER than the Revlon Color Stay. It is perfect for summer as it feels so much lighter on my face and doesn't even feel like I am wearing any foundation at all. It doesn't cake up - and a little bit of it goes a long way. I like full coverage as I have some dark acne marks and this foundation conceals them perfectly with such a small amount of product. I do believe it is a little pricey for a drug store foundation but I do believe it is so worth it. If you're looking for full coverage and a foundation that is going to feel very light on your face then I would definitely splurge on this product. The jar is also huge and will last a long time.

on 6/20/2012 4:10:00 PM

I try not to give into newly hyped products, especially when I feel that I might already have something similar in my stash. However I am always looking to find a good foundation and I found one! Plus I feel like I don't have anything like this. I don't know if it is HG for me yet and sometimes I don't realize it until I run out of a product and then go running back to it. I will say ahead of time this is one of the longest reviews I have written, so sorry if you don't like lengthy reviews, I just wanted to be thorough.
Color:
I got this in shade 200 Sand Beige and it is dead on with my current tone (even when I looked at myself outside), which I would say is now NC25 and NC20 in winter (so I think I have to go down to Buff in winter). I like many, have tried the regular colorstay and it was very cakey looking and pulled greyish and in flash photos I looked ghostly-pale-grey. I first tried the regular colorstay in sand beige, but then went to nude because the greyish cast. I had seen this new whipped colorstay at Target and they didn't have this shade so I was looking at Nude and I'm glad I didn't get it, I'm sure it would have been too dark. However, since this makeup blends so nicely, I feel it is more forgivable if you get a not so perfect match. I found this shade at CVS. As far as undertones go, I compared this to my NC20 prolong wear concealer from mac and it did not look as yellow, but it did not look pink either.
Skin type:
I have combo skin and do set this with powder to make it more matte and last longer on the t-zone, if I don't set it, it almost looks like my real skin and for the times I don't need it to last all day I will probably skip the powder. I do have to say at first it looks a little cakey, but then it sinks in and looks perfect. I used to have very acne prone skin and I think I figured out the problem was the BC I was using. Now I do get a few small pimples, but nothing big. This did not make me break out. I know this is not good, but I also fell asleep in this on three separate occasions and no breakouts. One of these times was a two hour nap and I woke up still wearing the makeup and almost looking the same.
Lasting power:
I put it on in the morning getting ready for school around 530am came home 12 hours later and it looked almost exactly the same except a slight dewiness. I had finals and was in the library for 5 hours strait so I didn't have the time to touch-up and at that point did not care how I looked.
Application:
I first tried with my elf powder brush (flat-top) and it seemed that it soaked up almost all the foundation and didn't do much for me, but if you are going for a light application that may be the way to go. I also tried a damp sponge, which provided a little more coverage along with a regular foundation brush and because of how awsomely this blends, there were no streaks. However, due to my hyper-pigmentation I need as much coverage as I can get so I either use my fingers or my stippling brush. Again because of how easy it is to blend I can just stipple and not blend or swirl the brush. I'd say it is build-able to a medium-full coverage, but the more you add the more it can cake up (just like any other foundation), so I only add extra to my cheeks (my problem areas) and since there are really no cracks or crevices there, I had no problems. I know many do not like the jar and I don't particularly like sticking my fingers into jars then putting that on my face either. However the pros I see to the jar are not having to pour it out, getting the perfect amount and being able to use every last bit.
Overall:
I really like it and would not be surprised if this turns into HG for me. The only problem I see others having, is finding a shade. Like many when I opened the jar I was surprised at how dark it looked inside.Also, it is a cream which worries some, it worried me when I first rubbed it on my face, it almost felt greasy. However, I live where it is very hot in summer (100's) and it did not feel like anything outside. The price is kind of high, but sales/deals at drugstores come around periodically enough to lower it, and IMO I would pay the price now that I know how great it is. Also, the fact that this contains salicylic acid may be an issue. Since I have combo skin it was no big deal, but the days I wore this for many hours and even fell asleep in it, I noticed a tight/dry feeling in my drier areas.
Cons:
The two cons that I mainly saw was that since I build this foundation up, I can see myself flying through this product very fast which would then make the price not worth it for me. Finally, unlike the regular colorstay it transferred a little bit. However I noticed it was when things rubbed on my face like my sunglasses and my phone. Not when things only touched my face. Like I said I feel asleep in this, but there was nothing that I noticed on my pillowcases.

on 6/20/2012 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This foundation is gorgeous. Its a mousse-like, creamy foundation. Unlike Maybelline dream smooth cream foundation - this foundation is not solid. It is a bit of a wet formulation inside its glass jar - (which is very high quality and heavy) It covers and blends like a dream - and I have went a few days without powdering overtop of it - and IT STAYED FOR HOURS. Longer than ANY cream foundation I've ever tried even without setting it with a powder (And i've tried many cream foundations because I have dry skin.) This foundation is dependable in humidity! However I HAVE worn it for 24 hours and It did not last that long. But still, i'd buy it again.

on 6/19/2012 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I purchased this based on reviews here. I picked the 200 shade as another fair-medium person did but I thought it was just a bit too dark. Spreading of this product is good with either a flat brush or fingers. I used a stippling brush once and it picked up way too much product. You might be better to use that kind of brush if the product is dabbed on face and then use for spreading. The coverage is light-medium and definitely stays tacky for about 30 minutes. You can pat on a bit of powder to tone down some shine as well. Personally I would still give this product another shot with another shade lighter that I can blend with this one.