September 17, 2014 | 1289 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2012 7:53:00 PM More reviews by BeautyAngel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not sure if this foundation is good for oily skin as I have tried it, but it doesn't do well to stay on for hours so I returned it :(

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2012 6:47:00 PM More reviews by arienette9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for about two weeks and I love it. I'm a NW20 and I got it in Sand Beige. It's a pretty good match, sometimes I feel that it's a little too warm for me. The coverage is great, it covers up most of my acne scars and small spots. It wears well I work 9 hour shifts and at the end of the day it has faded a little, but there is no oxidation or complete melt off like some other foundations. It blends really well, I use my fingers to apply and then use a damp beauty blender to sheer it out a bit, and I get a lovely non-cakey finish. I'm so happy I found this.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2012 12:24:00 PM More reviews by jinxd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Combo, ultra sensitive, acne-prone skin; NC-20/olive

I was a religious user of the original Colorstay for years until it suddenly started irritating my skin. I *almost* stayed away from this because of what Colorstay did to my skin but all the reviews are so great that I had to at least try it out. Unfortunately, this doesn't work well for me :(

Buff matches really well, even better than the original as it doesn't have that odd greyish cast to it.
This hasn't irritated my skin at all, nor has it made me break out.
The texture is nice IF used right out of the pot. I prefer to scoop some out and work from that rather than repeatedly dipping but doing that causes it to dry out too quick and it doesn't blend as well.
As others have said, this can feel a bit tacky. The feeling didn't go away when powdered and the powder made it look a little cakey.
I did not find that this wore well at all though. Colorstay... sure. Finish and coverage stay? No! Dry spots, oily spots.... it didn't matter, it had broken down and started looking patchy and gunky within 2 or 3 hours.

I'm debating on whether to return this or hang on to it and try it again later, maybe when the weather cools back down a bit.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2012 1:49:00 AM More reviews by ChocolatCake

Well, I should say that I DO like the original ColorStay makeup; however, I find that it can be too "makeup-y" sometimes. Make sense? I was in the market for a new foundation since I've been striking out with HE foundations (lately LM, Tarte, and Bobbi Brown). I saw that this was new and I was intrigued by the "whipped" part of it since it sounded less heavy. I had low expectations when I bought it and I definitely thought it was going to be a gimmick. I took it home, applied a thin layer of foundation (no primer) and applied this. WOW! Excellent finish. It gives a natural finish without looking TOO dewy. I would consider it a satin finish. The glow of my natural skin still pokes through while also looking put together. The formula is bouncy and very creamy, and is definitely not as heavy as original ColorStay. I That is definitely a plus for me. I find that regular ColorStay can sometimes bring out little bumps on my skin, but the whipped makeup sort of sits on your imperfections (in a good way). It covered up my hormonal breakout pretty well. I remained oil free for about 5 hours before I had do apply any kind of powder. When I used a makeup wipe to remove my makeup before bed, the wipe still had a good amount of makeup on it. This stuff really stays on your skin. I find that it looks much better in natural light than ColorStay does -- much less harsh. It should be said that this review is based on WITHOUT a primer. I usually wear a perfecting primer before applying makeup, but I'm curious if I even need one at all with this foundation since the finish and wear were so beautiful. My two gripes are: the price and the packaging. I paid about $15 for this product. This is not bad, but it is quite expensive for drugstore. Also, the packing LOOKS nice, but it is not very user-friendly. I have to dip my finger into it, THEN apply with a foundation brush. Not very sanitary. I don't care too much since I am the only person using it. Someone mentioned that this foundation is a lot like LM Silk Creme, and I would definitely agree. The consistency is incredibly similar. Overall, great little drugstore find and I hope they continue to make it (I would LOVE it with a pump or in a tube, but we will see)!

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2012 9:12:00 PM More reviews by BizzyBunny

I have the ivory as the buff is too yellow for me. It melts into your skin and wonder if its really there. It feels like a very expensive foundation and better than the liquid. I wish theyd put more product in the jar. The glass jar sold it for me as its luxurious and pretty sitting on my makeup table. Way to go revlon!!! Home run

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 11:58:00 PM More reviews by Elle02

Love this. Did not like regular colorstay and have not used liquids or creams for 5 years--just been obsessed with powders. Then I read reviews and tried this. .Agree with other reviewers that may need slightly darker color than you think, BUT finding that out means that I looked so good all day today, because I went with Natural Beige. I went to a water park, and by the end of the day, I looked as good as the start. I wore sunscreen underneath, and it still went on great (maybe even better) and lasted until now, which is 11 pm. I have ALWAYS WANTED a makeup to perform like this one does. Even if you are a die hard mineral or powder foundation girl, give this a try. also, If it feels tacky, use a barely there dust of your fav powder, before blush. You will see what I mean. I love this. I have never been prettier or more comfortable in my skin. PLEASE REVLON keep this product!!! It is the PERFECT foundation for me- incredibly long lasting, luminous skin, natural beauty but covers, and yummy feel. My first HG of 100 foundations. I fell like I bought beauty.

41 out of 43 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2012 12:17:00 PM More reviews by glowing500

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this. I bought Buff which is a little too dark for me. I have not seen it in Ivory anywhere but when I do I will snag it.

This lasts all day on my oily skin, gives good but not heavy or cakey coverage and does not look like a mask. I buffed it out with my Elf powder brush and it looks beautiful. I've been using it all week and I'm very happy. I hope this is permanent addition to the Revlon line up. I bought it at Rite Aid for 40% off but I would pay full price for it.

I kind of don't like the pot it comes in. I would rather have a bottle with a pump or a squeeze tube. I don't like sticking my fingers in pots every day. Even though my fingers are clean, I think about contamination

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2012 11:10:00 AM More reviews by obladiblada

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was excited to try this after all the rave reviews, but unfortunately it just didn't cut it for me. I'm a fan of colorstay in the liquid combination/oily version, in buff. I bought the whipped in buff and the color was correct. Pros- blended well and felt nice upon application, good color match for yellow tones, came off more easily than the liquid. Cons- the coverage is not as good as colorstay liquid on me by far. After application, it stays tacky. What really bothered me the most is that even after applying a setting powder, it stayed a bit tacky throughout the day and wore a bit patchy. I could FEEL it on my face throughout the day. It did not conceal blemishes well or dry patches. I will be returning.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 10:12:00 AM More reviews by productmomma

Wow! I am SO impressed. This is my new favorite foundation. My skin is sensitive on my cheeks and around my mouth, but at the same time extremely oily in my t-zone. The texture of this makeup is perfect. It starts of creamy and then dries beautifully. It disappeared in a good way when I put it on, making my skin look like it was airbrushed but not overly-made up. I found it is easily buildable, and used an extra layer to conceal a red zit on my forehead. It passed the outdoors test yesterday, we had t-ball practice with 83% humidity and it still looked great. Usually I put on makeup in the am and I look good for about 30 minutes, then I have to blot, and an hour later I look in the rearview mirror of my car and my makeup has done a disappearing act. I feel like I've been walking around with my fly down or something.......all of my hyperpigmentation and redness showing. With this I still had to blot, but all of the makeup stayed in place as if it's immune to my super oiliness. At the same time it washed off easily at night and felt breathable all day. There are no shimmer and sparkles thank God! I think the colors must run a little light, because I picked 240 (natural beige) and it matched perfect when normally I would be closer to nude or sand beige. My only 2 peeves are the jar container (prefer a pump or tube) and it has no sunscreen. Other than that I think I can stop searching for the perfect foundation!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 4:45:00 AM More reviews by lilac819

- I love this creme foundation. I think it's better than my higher end Dior and MUFE foundations.
- Lightweight. I don't feel like i'm wearing foundation.
- Can double up as concealer. not much needed to cover up spots.
- This foundation is very pigmented. A little will go a long way.
- USE A BEAUTY BLENDER!!! The dampness of the beauty blender will sheer out the foundation and the foundation will blend into your skin effortlessly. Using a brush is good too but I'm lazy and just dip my BB right into the pot. I know that's not the cleanest way to apply foundation, but I'm the only one using it, so I don't care.
- Great for oily skin people. This foundation will last all day. I always use a primer, but really...i don't think you need a primer with this.
-I'm an NC 40 and i use this in Natural Tan for reference. Perfect match!

My only gripe is that i wish it had a bit more yellow undertones. COME ON REVLON!!! READ OUR FEEDBACK!!! Not everyone is pink or neutral!

Will buy again!!! But when?? IDK because this jar is going to last me forever!! and it's only .8 fl. oz (not the usual 1 fl oz)

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No