August 21, 2014 | 1826 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips Lip Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2011 6:23:00 PM More reviews by BriSpencer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought Peach Kiss and Pink Punch. OMG all i can say is LOVE! Its great, peach kiss gives a little shimmer while pink punch gives this beautfiul. I love it. Definitley a must buy.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2011 11:16:00 AM More reviews by chloeemina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in "Cherry Me" for $2.99 just for the purpose of the tinted color, not the actual lip balm. With one swipe, it is a sheer pink and it's buildable to a sheer red. It smells very fruity like artificial cherry candy, but it does NOT taste as good as it smells. It tastes like plastic and whenever I accidentally lick my lips, I regret it because the taste is so awful. However, the formula is soft, smooth, and moisturizing. It's perfect for when you want a little bit of color and moisture on your lips but don't want to put on a thick, drying lipstick. The color doesn't last that long - only about an hour, but it is very sheer so I don't expect it to be long lasting. The packaging is cute and sturdy. I would repurchase in other shades just to try them out :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2011 9:56:00 PM More reviews by cicindyy

I only bought the "quenched" aka the clear one, and it is really moisturizing, and isn't all tough like the beeswax ones. It also has a light sweet smell to it. It doesnt last long but i think it works well.
I dont know about the colored ones, since i am not a big fan colored lip balms nor of flavors (since it only means more chemicals).
The weather where i live isnt that dry so im not sure how it works for people who live in dryer climates but it keeps my lips from cracking and keeps em moist here in SF winters.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2011 4:28:00 AM More reviews by rocksister

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the best lip balm's that I have purchased, outside of Nivea's brand. I can layer this on top of my lipstick or wear it on my own and it looks great.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/24/2011 10:58:00 AM More reviews by funnygirlup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was looking forward to this product and first bought the peppermint flavour. Unfortunately it was not pepperminty enough. I did not enjoy the taste which was like sunscreen mixed with chemicals and a hint of mint...i bought the cherry one thinking perbaps it was simply the flavour i didnt like but as it turns out the cherry tasted like chemicals and sunscreen too. Its not a bad texture-it goes on well, its not goopy or thickbut due to the taste I seem to wash it off before i can even see if it's moisturizing at all. Im a lip licker so i have to have lip balm that tastes ok and this isnt it. The price is fair and the packaging is cute and reminiscent of the 80's. I wouldnt purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2011 12:47:00 AM More reviews by MakeupJunkieInTraining

I heard a lot about this product and wanted to try it for myself so I went to Walmart and picked up Grape Vine. I was pleasantly suprised when it was smooth and not gunky. It's not greasy or oily feeling. It smells like skittles to me. It has SPF 15 which is a definite plus. The packaging is really cute in my opinion. I would buy this again because it's a great balm but I took off a lippie because you have to reapply often.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2011 10:45:00 PM More reviews by tango2470

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought two tinted shades of these. I already have lots of clear lipbalms so I didn't want to bother trying any of those. I bought two of these: Pink pop and Cherry me.
For those of you who tried Revlon lip butters and liked them beware: Lip butters are NOT the same as lip balms! Lip butters are much more pigmented, and can be worn like a lipstick versus tinted lip balms which are basically just lip balms with a subtle touch of color.

Cherry Me (smells like a fresher version of cherry chapstick) goes on sheer with a hint of reddish pink) and pink punch, which I swear smells exactly like Fruit punch, is a cooler toned, softer version of cherry me. I have yet to try the peach and purple shades.

I really like these, I find that they moisturize the lips (Not as great as EOS but better than most run of the mill lip balms) but don't have a super greasy texture to them, so you can apply lipstick over top without having it slide around (Like after applying a lip smackers) I like that they add color to my pale lips in the winter time, but they don't expect super pigmetation.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2011 8:45:00 PM More reviews by elfulton

This product is great! it has not dried out my lips, in fact they feel softer...ive been obsessing over these for a month or so and i finally got one and i am not going back...pink punch is bright so i would not recommend it if you like an au naturale look

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2011 2:27:00 AM More reviews by icepunkprincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My mom bought a few of these on a whim, not knowing the hype surrounding them, and hated them. They dried out her lips horribly and so she passed them on to me. The ones I have tried are peppermint and pink punch. I'll discuss them seperately.

I tried peppermint first and was suprised that it wasn't very minty at all. If you're sensitive to scents you might be interested in that. For me, it was disappointing. I tried it throughout the day and a few hours in began to realize that I was reapplying it far more often than I typically reapply other lip balms. It was totally drying out my lips. I applied it before bed and when I woke up 9 hours later my lips were destroyed. The skin on my lips was shrunken and rough, almost to the point of being sharp. Not only that but my top lip was cracked on the right side and it felt like an open wound all day. I went back to my favorite chapstick that day and the crack/tear/wound healed in a few days.

I tried pink punch a few weeks later because, after trying revlon lipbutters, I am drawn to tinted balms. I have pigmented lips, so the fact that this showed up at all is remarkable, though it pretty much only changed the tone of my lips. I wasn't impressed. What was impressive was how drying it was. I applied pink punch (multiple layers, really thick) and then went to the bathroom for a cotton ball (I live in a small house and my bedroom is, quite literally, across the hall from the bathroom). By the time I had gotten a cotton ball and sat back down in my vanity chair my lips were severely dried out.

Idk if it's just genetics, or what, but this stuff is the anti-lip balm for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2011 8:36:00 PM More reviews by Taffy98

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this product!!! It is supposed to be a lip 'plumper', but it also moisturizes your lips as well! I have the original lip balm, which is 'Quenched'. I really like the smell, and it goes on smoothly. I got it at Bed, Bath, & Beyond for about a $1.99, so it's really cheap and worth the money.