October 23, 2014 | 1968 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2004 10:21:00 AM More reviews by CelestialBlue

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This oil is wonderful. I have very dry skin, after washing I leave my face wet and apply a few drops in my hands, rub together and lightly press onto my face. If absorbs so quickly I can use it under my moisture rich foundation. I have been using this oil for about a month, and have had numerous people say my skin looks great..I purchased at Trader Joe's for $6.99.-I have since found it much cheaper at vitacost.com

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2004 1:56:00 PM More reviews by 1ginger

I bought this product at Trader Joe's for $6.99 after reading the glowing reviews. I agree, my complexion looks very nice with this under my makeup. I use two drops smoothed onto my slightly damp with water face. I receive compliments on my skin. Never before would I get compliments.
Before I used this I would look into the bathroom mirror wishing I could find a skin product to give me a healthy looking skin. Now, because of this website, I have found it. UPDATE: 07/03/05: I am still using the same bottle - it lasts and lasts. Get compliments on my skin. Each night I massage a few drops of the oil into my scalp and wash my hair in the a.m. It gives life to my poor quality hair. I have started putting just one drop smoothed lightly over my just washed and dried thin hair to give it a healthy appearance. So glad I found out about Desert Essence Jojoba Oil on this site!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2004 3:43:00 AM More reviews by FrenchPineAppleBird

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am no longer on a quest to find the *holy grail of moisturizers* I am now on a quest to find the most beautiful dropper bottle on earth for this divine substance...which only happened to cost me 7.00$. When I put this on the ends of my hair, it makes them soft and conditioned. When I put this in my scalp it makes my hair grow faster. When I put this on my cuticles they look like baby fingernails. When I put this on my legs, they shine like a supermodels. BUT WHEN I PUT THIS ON MY FACE!!!!!!*Breath* Imagine you are looking at a chanel models face close up, radiant, invisible pores, soft as butter, no pimples.....Ok...this is when it hits me...THATS MY FACE. When I first tried this product, i broke out with weird deep painful boils all over my cheeks and jaw line. But I continued anyway because this was nothing but the oil doing its job. Getting rid of impurities, cleansing clogged pores. After the boils when away, in about a weeks time my skin was unrecognizable. My pores were smaller. No wait...nevermind that.. they disappeared. My skin felt like a rose petal, and developed a rosey *glow*. I NEVER NEED ANYTHING ELSE!!!

44 out of 47 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2004 6:56:00 PM More reviews by comely

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was skeptical when everyone was raving about an "oil" on the face. Wow, this is it. I've been using it for 2 months on my acne prone skin. No problems. It does moisturize well after using a face cleanser. But now that it is winter, I'm still on the look out for something that penetrates a little more into the skin, since mine can be on the dryer side. But absolutely a remarkable product!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2004 1:05:00 AM More reviews by gosugo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have super dry skin which always flakes. The oil is unscented. I tried my cousin's vitamin E oil from Trader Joe's and it smelled like old vegetable cooking oil. If I use it once a day after washing my face, I would still get flakes. If I use it twice a day, then the flakes are gone. Also I put the oil in an empty bottle of Avon Clearly C serum and it lets me pump out as much as I need. It's a pretty cheap moisturizer and I can use it on my legs. Overall, it's a bargain for what you get, an excellent moisturizing oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2004 6:04:00 PM More reviews by shob

I like the consistency of this oil and the brand is good. I'll definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2004 2:16:00 AM More reviews by juicylucy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great stuff! I use this on my extra dry skin as a special treat-it feels wonderful and moisturizing. You only need a drop, so the bottle will last a long time. I got mine at my local health food store.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2004 8:11:00 PM More reviews by chicabow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I mix this with PC's cleanser to take off makeup and I love it! Takes everything off, cleans and moisturizes! Love it! $7 Health Food Stores.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2004 9:09:00 PM More reviews by kalikaiii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The packaging is a tad ridiculous. But this product is SO versatile: you can use it for your hair, your body, to remove makeup, etc. And this is a fabulous night-time moisturizer. I use St. Ives Apricot Invigorating Scrub at night, then put Jojoba oil on my face, and my skin looks SO smooth and radiant in the morning. It gives your face this great glowing sheen. Please try this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2004 8:11:00 AM More reviews by travelhi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Read thru all the reviews. Some clarification needed.

This is best for very dry skin on both face & body. Particulary good for those suffering from rosacea, dermatitis & eczema.

I have both rosacea & eczema. Works fantastically to smoothen, soothe, soften & remove red patches on my face & body. Commercial moisturizers were Not able to do the job. Took me so long to discover the medicinal qualitites of Desert Essence jojoba oil.

I have been using it for almost 2 years so far so good. In fact excellent!!!

For those of u with normal, combo skin, my advice is that u apply only 1 to 2 small drops. For those dermatitis sufferers, apply as much as needed to soothe & smoothen. Look at the mirror.

The correct technique for application for ALL skin types is:
Make sure yr facial or body skin is wet or moist depending on the degree of dryness of yr skin, u can gauge this easily thru yr sensory perception. Then, apply the moisturizer by gently rubbing the jojoba oil together with the droplets of water on yr face in circular motion. Remember there MUST be water on skin to apply the jojoba oil. As to the amount of water, judge for yourself.

12 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No