Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

4.2

Water, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PEG-30 Glyceryl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol.

on 6/4/2004 7:55:00 PM

This is your basic body moisturizer. I tend to like products with more actives in it, but I bought this for my bf to use. He has eczema and he has just about tried everything. This product did not do miracles for him, but he likes it because it's not greasy so he tends to use it more often on his hands and arms. He doesn't use other any other ones in the office because they are too greasy and transfer all over his keyboard. Plus this one has no scent, which it's somehow very important to a guy, I suppose. I use it sometimes along with him and must say this product makes my hands very soft. Even though I am using the cream version, which is heavier than the lotion, the product is not greasy at all. After I finish the bathroom staple lotion, I will probably purchase the Cetaphil lotion version for myself for use in the bathroom and daytime. I still prefer using anti-aging products for my hands and body at night.

on 6/4/2004 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product felt really nice going on (very moisturizing) and I loved using it ... but I knew I had stopped for a reason, and within a few days I remembered why. This breaks me out terribly. If you are looking for a simple moisturizer (and are not acne-prone), I would still suggest you give this a try. Makes a great handcream too!
(LLL - dry, sensitive, acne-prone)

on 6/2/2004 9:44:00 PM

Although I have oily skin it also gets a little bit flaky, especially in winter. My dermatologist recommended to try it at night (at day it would be way too thick and heavy). This was just no good for my oily skin. I didn't break out but I did feel as though extra oil was seeping through my pores each day after I'd worn it the night before. I felt my forehead and chin were oil slicks! It also felt too heavy and greasy on my skin. I always do keep a pot handy at home, though, as it's great for dry elbows, hands and feet before bed during winter. The pot lasts for ages and its' very reasonably priced. For those with extremely dry skin it might be something to try.

on 6/1/2004 11:24:00 AM

I was really afraid of this product as my skin is sensitive and prone to monthly breakouts; I thought the heavy texture would be too much for my skin.
I bought it based on MUA reviews and I LOVE this stuff! A little goes a long way and it immediately gets rid of the flakies I get from BP and BHA use. Does not break me out at all. I've started using it on my body too; helps with my dry, itchy body skin. This is awesome stuff-I've found my HG skin cream. Thank you MUA!
*note* I usually prefer to use this cream at night, and I use something lighter in the day when I want a more matte look.

I use this as a body cream and it is absolutely fantastic! I have very dry skin and the majority of the products don't work for me but this does! Plus it's fragrance free (I generally hate generic fragranced body lotions, they totally stink IMO). I'm not so sure I would use this on my face though, but it's terrific for my body!

Huge rave from me!!! I only need a dab of this for the right moisture. I make sure to dilute this a bit with a DROP of water other wise I don't like the consistency of this thicker cream. I like it because it has not made me breakout one bit and the plus, leaves my skin dewy looking - not greasy! No fragrance. I bought the small green tube.

I can't use this all over my face (ok, I'm scared to) but I don't really need moisture all over my face. I use this if I get dry skin and I just use it in the areas where it's really dry. The thing I like about this is it hasn't made me break out, it really does moisturize, and it's cheap!

on 5/11/2004 4:16:00 AM

Please see my review on Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser.

My skin hasn't been this clear and bright for a long time. I just love it!

on 5/10/2004 2:59:00 PM

I absolutely adore this cream. The consistency is perfect - not runny and not too thick or hard to spread, but a perfect middle ground. It glides on the skin. Plus, to me, there's something nifty about whipping out the plain green tube that cost $6 and beautifully moisturizes skin to a healthy glow, instead of a tiny tube of algae or cavier that costs $180. I like to use this as a night cream and eye cream, too. It cured three very, very dry patches I had on my face (due to BP) overnight. I have combo skin, so this might be a wee bit too heavy for the day (specifically, in my t-zone), but it's great as a night cream. Thanks MUA, for recommending this!

on 5/9/2004 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

When traveling, I always bring a tube of this...it's a great all-over moisturizer for face & body. I have breakout-prone skin, and this is the only product w/petroleum in it that doesn't clog my pores. (It's strange how this is thicker than Cetaphil lotion, yet it doesn't break me out like the lotion does.) It's a nice, non-medicated cream - very handy to use together w/AHA or BHA products...helps to alleviate any dryness or flaking caused by strong treatment skincare.

Popular Moisturizers