October 1, 2014 | 2000 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2010 1:55:00 AM More reviews by CandeeNova

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

MAC NC 35

Everytime that I wear this foundation I get so many compliments about my skin. When I look in the mirror, I really don't see much of a difference other than my skin looking even, but I get so many compliments about my skin "glowing" or looking "delicious" that I know it must be doing something. Also, I was recently photographed in this foundation and it photographs BEAUTIFULLY!!!!
What I love about this foundation is that it doesn't bother my skin!!! I have very senstive reactive skin that's VERY prone to clogged pores and milia and this has yet to break me out! Shame on me, but I even slept in it a few times and not a hint of a break out. It also is supossed to help your skin with long term use.

It is expensive but it works so well I will keep buying it.

The name is sheer glow, but don't let it fool you. it give me great even coverage and blends very easily. Also, it says it's made for dryer skin, but I have fairly oily skin and it works very well and lasts a long time on me.

I apply it with my fingers, a Sonia Kashuk contour flat top brush or with a mac 130. I feel that I get the sheerest coverage with my fingers and the most coverage with a brush

My only gripe, the packaging. I wish it had a pump like it does at the store.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2010 7:09:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

After MULTIPLE recommendations from friends and on you tube I finally decided to give in and try Nars Sheer Glow. Understand, I am in the midst of a foundation hunt and within the past couple of months have bought a couple of MAC ones and the matte in MUFE. Without a doubt the Nars is the best I have yet to try. It has good coverage yet still looks dewy and not so matte that I look like I have a mask on. Actually, to be fair the others worked well but this one seems to have a nice consistency and appearance on my skin. I think it is important to have yourself matched to the color on this foundation before buying it which means that I would not purchase it for the first time on line. Sigh...in search of the perfect complexion...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2010 6:24:00 PM More reviews by Nickylily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i have a very hard time matching foundation to my skin since my neck is a shade or two lighter than my face and I am bi-racial (Black and White) with a lot of peachy gold undertones, but very light. Very often foundations are too dark and not golden enough. This is in Punjab is still a little too dark, but a better match than anything i have found at Estee Lauder or Stila. The coverage is great because it goes on smoothly, is buildable and creates this soft, but not greasy finish. My natural color shines thru yet I am even toned and imperfections are hidden. I also love that I got to sample it first for free at Sephora. UPDATE: i bought a 2nd bottle since this is so good with color and coverage. I find that if i do not use a q-tip to get the foundation out and only use my fingers with the bottle upside down way too much comes out and it runs out fast. Why don't they sell it with a pump?!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2010 3:25:00 PM More reviews by USCgirlie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

UPDATE 11/2011: I still love this foundation. I strayed for a brief moment after getting caught up in the hype of Chanel's Perfection Lumiere (which I ended up disliking and returning), but came back to my trusty Sheer Glow. I just bought another bottle!

Original review: I am loving this foundation so far! I never thought I could wear this foundation as I have very oily skin, but thanks to positive YouTube and MUA reviews from oily-skinned gals, I decided to try it out for myself. I was in the market for a new foundation, as the ones I were using, Make Up For Ever HD and NARS Sheer Matte, were OK but not terrific.

MUFE HD, which I have heard Sheer Glow being compared to, is an OK foundation, but I would find that patches of it would slip off my oily skin during the course of the day, and make my skin streaky-looking. I found NARS Sheer Matte -- which is marketed as the foundation for oily skin -- heavy and difficult to blend, and therefore, unnatural looking. So, when I heard that Sheer Glow was actually compatible for oily skins despite its marketing towards dry skin, I figured, why not try it out?

Well, I absolutely love it! Application is pleasant as it is fast, silky, and easy to blend -- whether I use a brush or my fingers. I don't have to work at making sure it looks natural and even, both of which were sometimes difficult with the MUFE HD and Sheer Matte foundations. It looks extremely natural and feels lightweight on my skin, even with its medium coverage. The color 'Punjab' is an excellent match for my light-medium Asian skin (NC-30ish in MAC, MUFE HD 120). And, probably the most important thing for me is that it holds up extremely well on my very oily skin! Unlike the MUFE HD, this foundation does not slip off my skin. I also do not get oiler than normal with this foundation, despite its moisturizing properties.

So, oily-skinned gals, definitely try this one out! You might be pleasantly surprised!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2010 5:35:00 PM More reviews by roor84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was matched to Santa Fee, now I am not the most experienced person when it comes to foundations since I have started using them only a year ago ( i am 26!) but I love this foundation, the fact that its not thick is why I bought it. It covers well and I love the feeling of it. The glow is almost not there, I mean I do not look sparkly when I put ( which is a plus) but I loveeee how smooth it goes and it applies so qick!! I will buy again for sure! But the bottle GOTTA change!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2010 4:38:00 PM More reviews by MinnieNins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am absolutely in love with Nars Sheer Glow Foundation. I've struggled over the years to find a foundation that suited me - Im quite pale (NC15) with very pink undertones to my skin and prone to dry skin. I was never quite satisfied with MAC Studio Fix Fluid which was my foundation of choice but when I got this as a sample it just glided onto my skin perfectly and I went out immediately and bought the full size. The only draw back with this is the bottle it comes in not having a pump - I always end up with far too much product coming out and it often gets wasted which is a shame but I can live with it or the sake of the perfect foundation :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2010 5:19:00 PM More reviews by lilybasset

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this foundation for several months now and just purchased a new one. This is the closest I've ever been to having an HG foundation. I have been using Fiji which honestly is a touch too dark for me (NC20-ish) and Gobi would probably match better but I repurchased Fiji since it's coming up on Summer.
It covers well for a liquid without feeling cakey or looking masky. It's lightweight to where I feel like I'm not wearing anything at all. It's easy to blend and goes on quickly without streakyness and doesn't settle into my pores and it lasts all day. The only things I have to complain about are the lack of a pump and the fact that it's $42. With that said it has lasted me five months so that's only $8.40 per month which isn't bad. Anyway, I love it, it's the best liquid I've ever used.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2010 4:59:00 PM More reviews by susjs

I got a very generous sample of this from Sephora and wore it for a solid week before attempting a review. I honestly expected to love it since I have combo/dry skin and many of my favorite youtube gurus have been singing it's praises. Having said that, I don't get the hype?
The colour I got was Ceylan; which is slightly too yellow-toned for my skin, I can't fault the foundation for that but rather the match. [For reference, I'm a close match to Bobbi Brown Sand, or Armani LSF in 5.] Also, although I don't have a full bottle, I think the glass container, lack of a pump and tendency for the lid to get gunky and covered in fingerprints is a bit of a turn-off given this is a high-end foundation. As for the application, it's easily blendable but somehow highlights any dryer areas unlike other foundations I've worn. I can't imagine this is ideal for it's intended skin type [normal-dry.] The finish is rather masky and matte rather than "glowy" as the name suggests. Despite using very little product and buffing it well with a flat-top kabuki brush I could definitely feel this sitting on top of my skin rather than meshing with it for a more natural finish. Wear-time for me was just average. Overall, nothing special--glad I got a sample and didn't purchase a full-size bottle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2010 3:06:00 PM More reviews by xoxjulie21xox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this foundation, i think it gives great coverage and doesn't look to cakey. I had heard a lot of good reviews about this product but also heard that it doesn't come with a pump, you would think they would sell pumps since all the testers have them. I asked the MUA if they had any extra pumps and he was kind enough to give me a pump from one of there testers! I didn't give it 5 lippies because I noticed did have to touch up throughout the day because I was a little shiny, but other then that great stuff!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2010 2:16:00 PM More reviews by rocksteady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation. It looks absolutely flawless and natural. Its medium coverage but you can work it up to full coverage. The packaging (no pump) is annoying yes, but I can overlook that for the quality of the foundation. I find that it helps to keep my skin from getting too oily which is weird because its sheer GLOW. I can get through the day without have to powder or blot when I have this on and I usually can't get through 2 hrs without looking shiny. Its pricey as well but its worth it.

The colour is also a wonderful match. I wear it in Ceylan and I'm an NC25 for reference.