NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

on 7/3/2010 2:42:00 AM

A little bit about my skin:
I have combination skin with an oily T-zone and dry patches on my cheeks every now and then.

A little about the packaging:
A sleek glass bottle with a lid that is made out of a rubbery plastic material. The lid seems to attract a lot of dirt. It doesn't come with a pump. I really dislike the packaging, simply because they weren't selling a pump when I bought mine. It is really messy. Not only that, you can't really control how much product comes out.

Shades:
I have this in Fiji. I am an NC25 when I am not tanned. It is a little more neutral and a tad lighter than NC25 but can be worn by both NC25s and NW25s.
They have a lot of shades, even though I do think that most of them have more yellow than pink undertones.

Here's what I think:

Sheer glow gives medium to buildable coverage and has a satin finish. It has a light feel to it and you can't actually feel that you have foundation on. As far as scents go, it hardly has a scent to it.
According to NARS, it is for people with normal to dry skin. I have normal skin with an oily T-zone with occasional dry spots, and I must say that within a few hours my T-Zone turns into an oil slick. I do need to use a blotting powder within 4 hours into wearing it. That being said, I also noticed that it accentuates any dry spots as well as fine lines that I may have.
By no means do I think this foundation makes my skin look flawless. However, I do like how it feels on my skin when my skin is almost flawless to begin with. I like this foundation for days that my skin is relatively normal (not too oily, not too dry). I do believe this foundation is best for normal skin types or oily (with loads of blotting). I usually apply this foundation with my hands and work it well into my skin, as it tends to be streaky when you don't blend it in well.
As far as the price goes, I do think this product is well overpriced.
More cons: The product does not photograph well and does not have an SPF.

Did I notice an improvement in my skin?

Will I repurchase?
I did choose yes, however it's more of a Maybe. I might give this foundation another try once I have used up my foundation collection.

on 7/2/2010 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

with all the hype about this foundation, I was sooo excited to buy it. However, once I used it, I HATED it. Not only is this foundation not long lasting, it doesn't cover anything. I know it is supposed to be sheer, but this just doesn't do anything for me. After I bought it, I went back to my MAC studio fluid foundation. I think this would be a good foundation for someone just starting with liquid foundation. But, if you want to cover imperfections or have a flawless face, I don't reccommend this.

on 6/30/2010 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this foundation about a month ago because I heard amazing things about it. I can't even begin to say how much I love this product. The coverage is medium to full, I barely need concealer after I apply it. It doesn't look or feel heavy on your skin. A little bit goes a long way so in the end it is worth every penny. Make sure to check your skin in natural light only because I find that the colors can be a little deceiving in the bottle. I also wish it came with a pump but that is very minor. I will absolutely be buying this product again.

on 6/29/2010 5:22:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This product is great as it looks very light and natural on your skin when you use a small amount of the product, and honestly all you need is a very small to give yourself that even tone, clean look. The only problem I have noticed with this product is that if you have dry patches on your skin, or bumps that have dry areas near them, it will stick to the patch and emphasize it. Also I noticed that it cracks just a little bit on the area above my chin, in the crease between my lips and chin.

The way to make this product really work is to make sure that you moisturize very well, and regularly. I found this is what helps me get the best out of this product.

It feels so light on the skin which is great. I have read that the best way to apply this product is by using your fingers. I am honestly not a fan of applying foundation that way. I use my mac 187 stippling brush, a very small amout each time, and blend. This gives me a great finish. Maybe using your fingers works best when you want to apply a heavier coverage.

It also hasn't broken me out.

on 6/29/2010 5:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love this foundation. I just need the smallest amount to achieve a uniform look with a healthy complexion!
I am NC25 an di wear Deauville or Santa Fe.

on 6/28/2010 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I am always on the search for a new foundation. I was excited about the new Nars foundations and was first interested in the Sheer Matte due to my oily skin. I didn't like it and decided to try the Sheer Glow. I love it. It is so easy to blend, and the color selection is pretty good. My face does get a little oily by the end of the day and I do have to touch up once or twice, but the finish is so nice that it really doesn't bother me. I can't wait for fall/winter to see if it holds up better than during the summer.

on 6/26/2010 11:41:00 PM

At first I was skeptic on buying this foundation. At first it was hard to blend with my 190 brush. I tried my 187 brush and it works wonders but the best way to blend this product is with your hands. I think people with dry skin should be careful with this product because dry marks on skin may look patchy with this foundation. Love that this product is buildable and looks natural. Highly recommend buying the NARS primer because it tends to blend better with the product. Other primers make it hard for me to blend out this foundation. It is long lasting. Here and there I may need to touch up my t zone because it gets too oily. Excellent coverage and so light weight. Will be buying this pruct again!

on 6/25/2010 3:38:00 PM

So far the best foundation I have ever tried. Better than MUFE HD Foundation, IMO. Stays well on my combination/oily skin, but not with any primer underneath. I found it works best with MAC Matte or Philosophy The Present as primers, and applied with fingers instead of a brush. Looks extremely natural, has good coverage, has a satiny/velvety finish that is very flattering. I set it with my favorite powder, Maybelline Dream Matte Powder, and my face looks flawless for hours! Highly recommended. It's expensive, but worth every penny for the quality!

on 6/25/2010 10:45:00 AM

Probably the best overall foundation I have ever used. Yes, it's expensive but it's high quality and lasts a long time. Does not irritate my skin at all, great selection of colors. You can wear it very sheer or build it up for coverage. Either way, it looks really fresh, never heavy.

on 6/22/2010 11:07:00 PM

WHAT I LOVE:
-This foundation looks absolutely perfect in photography. My skin has never looked so flawless. I have also never gotten so many comments on my skin when I wear this foundation.
-I am an NC 35 in MAC, and the shade Punjab is just perfect. The NARS foundations aren't as yellow as MAC, but I find the NARS tone is better suited on my asian skin.
-I really like how this foundation dries using a MAC 130 brush, and it doesn't need to be set by a powder.

WHAT I DISLIKE:
-I have very dry cheeks, and a normal t-zone that gets fairly oily throughout the day. This foundation does not control the oil. The wear of this foundation lasts about 6 hours for me. When the 6th hour hits, my skin becomes fairly oily around my t-zone. (Without foundation, my t-zone becomes oily around 8 hours after I wake up)
-Another problem with my skin is that most foundations tend to ephasize the dryness in my cheeks. This foundation does that, unless I moisturize a lot. Also I cannot wear this everyday because for somereason if I wear this foundation over two days in a row but skin becomes excessively dry.
-I feel like the coverage is a little too heavy for everyday (good or bad, I guess)
-Upon application, it becomes tricky. The less applied, the better. But because the packaging is SO horrible, it becomes difficult to get the right amount out without wasting so much product. So if I accidently pour out too much product, I feel the need to use ALL of it because it would be such a waste if I dont since the foundation is quite expensive

OVERALL VERDICT:
-I love this foundation when the right amount is applied, like i said the less applied is better for me. I usually apply the majority on my cheeks and blend out.
-This foundation does not last long enough for my 8+ hours day at work, and also the finish it gives me makes me feel too "made-up"
-I WILL ABSOLUTELY repurchase due to the flawless look it gives in photography. I normally wear it when I go out, and I know there will be flash photography, but not my daily foundation.