October 24, 2014 | 1856 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2010 6:41:00 PM More reviews by mareeyah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm very picky about foundation since I rarely wear it because of that "makeup-ey" look. But I do want that flawless look when I'm going out for a special occasion. I bought this because it's typically sheer, but can be buildable. It's similar to MAC's Mineralize Satinfinish SPF foundation but doesn't contain the shimmer that MAC's foundation has. It's great for evening out skin tone but does not cover sun spots or freckles very well. It does soften up their appearance, but you'll have to wear concealer under or over first. I wear it in the color Punjab, and I'm typically an NC30 or C3 in MAC. The color matches me really well, and they have around 3-4 different shades in each color category (light, medium, or dark) to match your skin tone. I like to set this foundation with a transparent powder so that its sets as natural as possible. If you use colored foundation or even Studio Fix powder, it lays down too thick making your face look very powdered. Plus, the purpose of this foundation is to make it look as natural as possible. If you're looking for sheer to medium coverage, then this foundation will work out great for you. The only downside I've found is it costs almost twice as much as MAC foundations. I got mine for $42 plus tax at my Sephora. This product also DOES NOT come with a pump, nor was a pump available for purchase for this product at Sephora.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2010 6:12:00 PM More reviews by taliajune

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best foundation I have ever tried. It has a medium buildable coverage and a satin finish. I wear the shade 'Benares' which is not available at Sephora. You need very little of this foundation; it has a wonderful formula that spreads easily. The best application method for this foundation is using a beauty blender- 2nd best would be to use your fingers. Using a brush is not the best application method for this foundation. I get "beautiful skin" compliments when I wear this foundation.
There are two slight Cons though: 1) (packaging) where is the friggin pump?! and 2) (formula) there is slight transfer when wearing this foundation (it doesn't fully set) perhaps that's what makes it look glowy...
Will continue to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2010 6:50:00 AM More reviews by cserannie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin but with primer/powder, you can't tell. I love this foundation because it doesn't look like a mask, absolutely wearable, yet covers that you want to hide. I bought Mont Blanc (I am a NW20) and it seems a tiny bit light but I add a little bronzer and it's perfect. During the day, it won't turn into orange or a darker shade. It stays in place and doesn't look shiny, just gives you a decent dewy look. I am happy with it but I want a pump for heaven sake!!!!

Edit: The hype is over at least for me. Now I find it too sheer for my oily skin. Maybe because it's September now, but I want something with more coverage, more matifying power!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2010 1:05:00 AM More reviews by babyscorpion

I am on the love wagon of this foundation. I really love it. The consistency, the application, the color, the staying power. I do love it. The only negative i find is the packaging. For a $40+ foundation i do expect a pump on it. I feel i do use more product without the pump, therefore i do end up using more product. The coverage of this foundation is more medium, therefore i do feel the need of using concelear to cover imperfections. Other than that, i love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2010 9:07:00 PM More reviews by jeremyswife

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I guess this foundation is just not for me! I've heard nothing but great things on youtube about this foundation and i've read nothing but great reviews about it so I hate to be someone to talk bad about this foundation but I REALLY do not like it at all! The foundation itself is very pretty it almost has a irredescent look it reminds me of Clinique's even better foundation. I've been using this foundation for two months i really wanted to love it but it just looks too blotchy. I live in a very humid area and this stuff just slides off my face about a hours or so after I apply it and my face is not oily. When i put this on in my house i look gorgeous but within a couple of hours I look horrible! I will be sticking to my Lancome Teint Idole foundation its by far the best foundation ever! It doesn't break me out and it stayed on my face and looked flawless during 14 hours of labor with my daughter! Not too many foundations can do that!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2010 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Justicet2009

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ok ladies, foundation time! This foundation is extraordinay. I see why the you tube hype on this is so high. Consistancy is a tad runny, not really thick or creamy. This reminds me of a tinted moisturizer with the look of a flawless foundation. This blends amazingly well. No streaks, harsh lines or cakey look what so ever. This never settles in fine lines or wrinkes. The finish on this is hard to explain. Its not matte, dewey, or satin. Its more of a glowy, illuminating look. It is not oily at all and stays throughout my busy day without touch up. The price, a whopping $42 at sephora, which is a tad high in my opinion, but none the less, still worth it. Packaging is horrible. Glass jar, screw on lid but no PUMP. It can get messy easily, and i hate that. All in all this is a great foundation for my combo, acne prone skin. No breakouts! My color is Punjab and im nc30 and the match is purrrfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2010 1:55:00 AM More reviews by CandeeNova

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

MAC NC 35

Everytime that I wear this foundation I get so many compliments about my skin. When I look in the mirror, I really don't see much of a difference other than my skin looking even, but I get so many compliments about my skin "glowing" or looking "delicious" that I know it must be doing something. Also, I was recently photographed in this foundation and it photographs BEAUTIFULLY!!!!
What I love about this foundation is that it doesn't bother my skin!!! I have very senstive reactive skin that's VERY prone to clogged pores and milia and this has yet to break me out! Shame on me, but I even slept in it a few times and not a hint of a break out. It also is supossed to help your skin with long term use.

It is expensive but it works so well I will keep buying it.

The name is sheer glow, but don't let it fool you. it give me great even coverage and blends very easily. Also, it says it's made for dryer skin, but I have fairly oily skin and it works very well and lasts a long time on me.

I apply it with my fingers, a Sonia Kashuk contour flat top brush or with a mac 130. I feel that I get the sheerest coverage with my fingers and the most coverage with a brush

My only gripe, the packaging. I wish it had a pump like it does at the store.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2010 7:09:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

After MULTIPLE recommendations from friends and on you tube I finally decided to give in and try Nars Sheer Glow. Understand, I am in the midst of a foundation hunt and within the past couple of months have bought a couple of MAC ones and the matte in MUFE. Without a doubt the Nars is the best I have yet to try. It has good coverage yet still looks dewy and not so matte that I look like I have a mask on. Actually, to be fair the others worked well but this one seems to have a nice consistency and appearance on my skin. I think it is important to have yourself matched to the color on this foundation before buying it which means that I would not purchase it for the first time on line. Sigh...in search of the perfect complexion...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2010 6:24:00 PM More reviews by Nickylily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i have a very hard time matching foundation to my skin since my neck is a shade or two lighter than my face and I am bi-racial (Black and White) with a lot of peachy gold undertones, but very light. Very often foundations are too dark and not golden enough. This is in Punjab is still a little too dark, but a better match than anything i have found at Estee Lauder or Stila. The coverage is great because it goes on smoothly, is buildable and creates this soft, but not greasy finish. My natural color shines thru yet I am even toned and imperfections are hidden. I also love that I got to sample it first for free at Sephora. UPDATE: i bought a 2nd bottle since this is so good with color and coverage. I find that if i do not use a q-tip to get the foundation out and only use my fingers with the bottle upside down way too much comes out and it runs out fast. Why don't they sell it with a pump?!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2010 3:25:00 PM More reviews by USCgirlie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

UPDATE 11/2011: I still love this foundation. I strayed for a brief moment after getting caught up in the hype of Chanel's Perfection Lumiere (which I ended up disliking and returning), but came back to my trusty Sheer Glow. I just bought another bottle!

Original review: I am loving this foundation so far! I never thought I could wear this foundation as I have very oily skin, but thanks to positive YouTube and MUA reviews from oily-skinned gals, I decided to try it out for myself. I was in the market for a new foundation, as the ones I were using, Make Up For Ever HD and NARS Sheer Matte, were OK but not terrific.

MUFE HD, which I have heard Sheer Glow being compared to, is an OK foundation, but I would find that patches of it would slip off my oily skin during the course of the day, and make my skin streaky-looking. I found NARS Sheer Matte -- which is marketed as the foundation for oily skin -- heavy and difficult to blend, and therefore, unnatural looking. So, when I heard that Sheer Glow was actually compatible for oily skins despite its marketing towards dry skin, I figured, why not try it out?

Well, I absolutely love it! Application is pleasant as it is fast, silky, and easy to blend -- whether I use a brush or my fingers. I don't have to work at making sure it looks natural and even, both of which were sometimes difficult with the MUFE HD and Sheer Matte foundations. It looks extremely natural and feels lightweight on my skin, even with its medium coverage. The color 'Punjab' is an excellent match for my light-medium Asian skin (NC-30ish in MAC, MUFE HD 120). And, probably the most important thing for me is that it holds up extremely well on my very oily skin! Unlike the MUFE HD, this foundation does not slip off my skin. I also do not get oiler than normal with this foundation, despite its moisturizing properties.

So, oily-skinned gals, definitely try this one out! You might be pleasantly surprised!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No