July 31, 2014 | 1868 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2010 12:06:00 PM More reviews by wontonjojo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First off I have this color in Punjab. I am about NC30 in MAC, MUFE HD foundation in #123 or #127. My skin type is OILY and ACNE PRONE. I also own NARS Sheer Matte - Love it also but not as much as the Sheer Glow. I honeslty did not dare to try the Sheer Glow since my skin is oily but people have been raving about the Sheer Glow version so I just had to try it! The consistancy is not as thick as the Sheer Matte and it blends much easier into the skin. It gives a medium coverage but you can definitely build it up. This foundation is really not a "glowy" foundation by any means, it dries to a satin or semi-matte finish. I obviously do have to use a primer with this foundation and I use the Bare Escentuals/Minerals Oil Control water based primer. A water based or gel primer is recommeneded since this foundation is water based. Works amazing with this primer! If I'm in a rush or just running errands, I can get away with a few hours of no oilies - keep in mind, just a few. I also set the foundation with a powder and I can get away with only touching up once during the day with the primer underneath. This foundation has not caused me to break out at all unlike the MUFE HD foundation. For the oily skinned gals out there like myself, DO NOT HESITATE to try the Sheer Glow. If you need the extra oil control, invest in a good primer and powder. It is simply an amazing foundation that you should definitely try.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2010 5:53:00 PM More reviews by jasminebeauty

I returned the MUFE Face and Body and got this in Fiji, which matched my skin perfectly. I have worn this for about a month and so far it's awesome. I apply it with my fingers since the heat makes it "melt" into my skin and then blend with a flat-top brush. I wore this for a whole week during training for my new job, and it endured my 16-hour days and held up beautifully. Whenever I don't get enough sleep, my skin reacts very negatively and any foundation I use would inevitably ball up on my skin. This is my biggest pet peeve! But this did not happen with Nars Sheer Glow. After each sleepless night in my hotel, I looked forward to applying this foundation because I knew it would not fail me. It makes you look well-rested and flawless. I think that's why they named it "sheer glow".

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2010 10:13:00 PM More reviews by xosugar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't like this foundation. I had to try it because I have heard all of the rave reviews on youtube so I was surprised at how different it was than I expected. I don't know why it's called sheer glow. When I applied it the foundation seemed kind of cakey and matte. It feels heavy on my face and I don't like that at all. I tried it in Mont Blanc and it seemed on the yellow side. One thing I did like is that it has good enough coverage that it covered my dark undereye circles fairly well. I didn't use concealer or powder with this. It covered everything and dried to a dry finish so I didn't even bother setting it with powder before I put on eyeliner and mascara. I would have preferred a pump like most other people who review this, but that's not a big deal to me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2010 10:29:00 AM More reviews by beautyjunkie87

This foundation makes you look very naturally pretty, gives a very subtle glow. Mount Blanc Light 2 matches my skin almost perfectly. Wouldn't say its sheer, more medium to full coverage but doesn't look too heavy which is nice. Only complaint I have is that it feels slightly heavy on my skin for some reason, a little bit uncomfortable at first but no irritation around eyes or anything. Overall worth it

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2010 5:02:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

I loved how light this feels, but I sadly had to return it. It doesn't cover well for me and dried my skin out. The first couple days I was amazed, but over some time I know it's not the one for me. The shades are all on the golden side. I don't have bad skin, but for such an expensive make-up I want something that looks amazing in photo's and not just in person. Perhaps I had the wrong shade, but something draws me back to Sheer Glow. I have the hope that one day I'll be in love with it's finish.

If your going to get color matched, go to an actual NARS counter or do it yourself. You'll have better luck than Sephora. You instinct is usually always right. Buy it a little on the dark side rather than light. It will blend easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2010 9:07:00 PM More reviews by swimmingjuxteyes

There are several reasons why I love this foundation. The first reason on my growing list has to be the texture and feeling of this foundation. While applying NARS Sheer Glow Foundation it blends excellently and after a few moments of blending it becomes your skin.

My skin has never looked exactly the way I wanted it to until this foundation. There is no trace of cakey-ness or any sort of texture that would imply you are wearing foundation. This is the first foundation I have tried that I have accomplished this with. I also have to highlight how light weight it is. In addition to how light weight this formula is, it also provides a slight subtle glow, but nothing to oily or heavy that other satin finish foundations give. I always completely forget I am wearing it. If you love a foundation with medium coverage, and a satin finish you have to try this!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2010 8:41:00 PM More reviews by RMutt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The "glow" takes some getting used to. The glow gives an almost dewy and distracting finish so that blemishes and fine lines aren't so obvious. I agree with the other reviewers that a pump top would be better - it's deceiving because in the store (I got it at Holt Renfrew, here in Canada), the tester has a pump.
EDIT:I have found that I can't wear this everyday, as I get clogged pores from it - but it's still good for occasional wear. But I can't determine whether the primer (the nonSPF version) actually does much or just adds a layer of stuff on my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2010 10:37:00 PM More reviews by panda78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had some trepidation about buying this foundation, but I love the way my skin looks when I use it. I generally use it when I want a little more coverage, as it is not "sheer" despite its name. The key to make this one work is by following its instructions - use your fingers and press it in. I can understand some reviews regarding flakiness, but I find when I moisturize my skin well, it looks amazing!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2010 2:19:00 PM More reviews by shazzar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm disappointed this didn't work for me. I have dry skin and had been looking forward to trying this for a while. The colour match was great at first (Mont Blanc) but it oxidised within 30 mins or so. It has a runny consistency and at first the application appeared to be easy, but it dried so quickly giving no playtime whatsoever. It was also very drying to my skin, it settled into my pores and lines and made my makeup look cakey, despite the element of glow that it does have. Coverage is a bit more than sheer though, which I didn't mind too much.
Overall, it's just way too drying for my dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2010 7:35:00 PM More reviews by mandycool01

omg, this if love. for reference im nc20 with oily/dehydrated skin and was previously using mufe hd in 117. i didnt like how the hd make me so greasy, i had to blot a million times per day, though i loved the finish. nars sheer glow is similar to the finish of hd but without the 'time released moisture' in hd that caused me to be greasy after half an hour. i chose the shade fiji because even though i was recommended to get deauxville, it looked way too pink for me. im pale, but golden, and this foundation blends in with my neck perfectly. i held fiji side by side to 117 and they were pretty much identical and the closest match across brands. this foundation makes me glow, and i keep finding myself pleasntly surprised when i see it in the mirror throughought the day. the coverage is medium but can be layered a little bit more if desired. the bottle and cap are very nice but i hate that it doesnt have a pump.