eos Lip Balm Sphere - Summer Fruit

3.4

Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Beeswax (Cire D’abeille), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Natural Flavor, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf/Stem Extract, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract, Fragaria Vesca (Strawberry) Fruit Extract, Prunus Persica (Peach) Fruit Extract, Linalool

on 5/24/2010 12:59:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Love it just as much as the honeydew one but i think this one feels more light weight and feels more matte. like it still glides on smooth and is very moisturizing but when you press you lips together it feels more matte rather than slick, if that makes any sense.

on 5/19/2010 2:08:00 PM

I actually really like this product. I find that if I use a balm that is too moisturizing, I get really goopy lips. Totally gross. This gives me just the right amount of moisture without the goopiness. Additionally, I find that the goopy balms tend to dry my lips out a few hours after application, whereas this keeps my lips nice and moisturized several hours after application. I love the smell of this particular lip balm and will definitely repurchase it if I ever manage to use it up!

on 5/19/2010 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This product is so cute! That is ultimately why I bought it. It doesnt come off as a deeply moisturizing product, but my lips have never looked better. I think it is one of those things that maybe it isnt the BEST product all by itself but because I am a sucker for packaging I use it more often than I would if it weren't so darned cute! Overall I think its the best chapstick I have ever used....

on 5/16/2010 7:21:00 PM

This lip balm is so cute! The packaging is very different from all the other ones. I wish it's more moisturizing and have some SPF. But I like how it gives you A LOT of balm. So, it will last you a long time. Get it at Rite Aid when they have 2 dollar rebates!

on 5/10/2010 11:11:00 PM

pros: smells nice, like pomegranate.

cons: not very moisturizing. it's too solid that i needed to swap it several times before i could feel enough product to cover my lips, i get more from chapstick or burts beeswax. if you don't tote around with a big bag, i find the packaging too bulky. the sphere is a cute way to apply lipbalm but honestly i find it too gimicky and not practical. i bought this at riteaid for $3.99, i think you're better off paying $1.99 for a chapstick.

Update: After giving it a couple of weeks, I learnt that the product gets softer after a while and applies like a normal chopstick. What I like about this overtime is in the long run it IS moisturizing. The product is good but you have to wait a while to see results. I used label before and didn't realize that it was the cause of my peeling lips, I didn't suspect it because it was a lip balm but I didn't know why the skin kept flaking. When I kept using eos, it stopped completely. I know it's the lip balm because ive been using the same lipstick the entire summer, channel genial. I still don't like the sphere packaging because I like to keep all my cosmetics together in my small makeup bag. So I bought the eos with the normal tube packaging in vanilla. I still love the product and because of the natural ingredients, I will continue to repurchase.

on 5/10/2010 5:43:00 PM

This product didn't stand out as anything special to me; just another lip balm but in a sphere. It didn't make my lips any softer than any other balm does plus I didn't like the waxy feel it left on my lips. I was lured in by the organic/natural claims and the cute packaging but now I wish I would of saved my $3.

While scanning through the aisles of my local drugstore, this EOS balm in particular caught my eye because I had actually thought it might have been a miniature version of the beautyblender LOL. In the end, I was swayed by the adorable pink packaging. As for the scent, it reminds me a lot of piña collada for some reason. I like to use this under lipstick but only if my lips are moisturized to begin with. It is fine as a balm but I prefer my Softlips over my EOS. Overall I find that this product is decent, but nothing special.

on 5/8/2010 3:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I really wanted to like this product, despite all of the good reviews. However, it doesn't feel as if it is going on my lips. Also it smells a bit funny. At first it smells like some sort of fruit and then mexican candy. Don' get me wrong, I love mexican candy, however, just not on my chapstick. =(

on 5/6/2010 11:53:00 AM

I really enjoy the smell and taste of this lip balm on my lips. Its organic too which is a plus. Unfortunately they arent selling it in Canada and so it cost me quite a lot to have it shipped here. Then my dog took it out of my purse and managed to get it open and eat the balm inside. Thank goodness it was all natural or he would have been terribly ill. still kind of pissed at him though.
I would buy it again once I get enough money to spend on lip balm. also I adore the shape of the package it makes it so much easier to find in my giant purse

on 5/5/2010 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

EDIT 7/13/10: Still loving these and still wishing they had flip tops! I don't think these are overrated at all. It is a top quality product with quality ingredients.

MY FAV! I am a chapstick queen and have tried so many different ones. Some work for a while, but then they lose their power. Not the EOS spheres. These nourish my lips like no other and I love how they are natural and organic, sweetened ever so slightly with stevia. No artificial colors. Maybe a bit waxy and thick, but that doesn't bother me so much, as there is no white cast on my lips. I bought the 3-pack, which contains summer fruit, lemon and honeydew. It was a little pricey at Walgreens since it comes in a zipper pouch. I couldn't be happier with them, though and know I've found a keeper. The only changes I'd like to see are SPF 15 in all flavors and maybe a flip top. Screwing the cap off and on can be a little inconvenient at times.

Popular Lip Treatments

Prep + Prime Lip
Prep + Prime Lip

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Best To Worst: EOS Lip Balm Review by kaylesTalk

Worth The Hype? | EOS Lip Balm VS. Nivea Milk & Honey Lip Care (Review) 2014 by thatgermangirl08

Top Rated Lip Treatments