September 2, 2014 | 1177 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2011 9:13:00 AM More reviews by yellowguitar

This foundation did a good job on my face, hide my spots and other breakouts very well (I didn't need concealer anymore) and made my face look flawless. I use #140 (I'm NC35 on MAC) and it last about 8hours on me (I used it with Bare Escentuals mineral veil, and I work in the Air-conditioned room)

The cons is, when I'm sweating and I put a tissue/towel to wipe my sweat, there'll be a bit trace of this foundation on the towel..(not as massive trace as Revlon did)
Overall, it's good and I'd like to consider to re-purchase it..

rated 2 of 5 on 2/6/2011 8:17:00 AM More reviews by Hyt831

Maybe I am really into the totally NATURAL looking foundation, but what the hell? after reading so many reviews on how nice it looks on the skin and how INVISIVBLE it is on the skin, I ordered it off of Sephora. The next thing I know, I applied it in all the ways possible and it stills looks like I have a bunch of foundation on my face! I used less than one full pump!!! :( this really sucks, because although it really does look super in the pictures, it looks gross in real life!
the packaging is pretty cheap looking, i mean it is only good because of the pump..
This foundation does not stay on my face for more than three hours with or without primer and setting powder. It literally slides off my face. i.e when I feel like its getting oily on my face, I used my finger to tap my cheeks/forhead to check, and my finger is covered with the foundation!!!! how gross! I am not a oily person... its not the oilim feeling on my face, its the foundation melting! (some oil too, but you get the point! lol)
if i want towear this foundation, I have to bring a whole set of makeup with me just so I can retouch a few hours later; face wipe: so i can wipe off whatever is left on my face, primer, hd foundation, concealer, setting powder...so i can redo my face rountine!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2011 9:34:00 PM More reviews by nicole33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm totally in the minority here but I don't get the hype on this one at all. It looks so matte and fake and I couldn't even find a match for my light complexion with yellow undertones.

Even with the HD powder on top the makeup smudged my telephone and feels dry on the skin.

It settles into my laugh lines which most of my foundations don't and it just looks heavy and unnatural. After a day of wearing it I am so glad I didn't purchase it and just tried it on at Sephora.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2011 8:59:00 PM More reviews by Tahari

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This really is a product you have to try to see if it is right for your skin type. My skin is oily and fair and I found that the lightest shade was perfect for me! The COVERAGE is great! Its doesn't feel thick, but it covers minor imperfections. It gives me a MATT FINISH (I wear it over a light moisturizer) and is confortable to wear and actually seemed to help with the oilyness. Its STAYING POWER is nice and usually lasts all day.
BOTTOM LINE: I really like this foundation. You can get it at Sephora and try it out for a couple of weeks to see if it is right for you. But I would recommend it for anyone who is looking for a good foundation!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2011 2:36:00 PM More reviews by aelaura

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Overall this is a decent foundation. The reason I've held on to it is because 120 is seriously the best match I've ever found for my winter skintone. It's too light in the summer, but in the winter it's pretty much spot on. I find that it has a good amount of coverage, less than Mat Velvet but not by much. Also there aren't really any visible sparkles or shimmer which you often find with "HD" or "photo" products. It does have a very nice, luminous finish without looking greasy.

What I don't like about this is that 1) it just doesn't last that long. On me (and my skin is oily, but not super oily) I will get maybe 5 hours of it looking good. That just doesn't cut it for me. and 2) it really can emphasize dry areas/unevenness in texture. I don't get dry patches often but when I do there's no way I can wear this. I have a bit of an uneven texture around my chin and this can be hard to work with in that area, which is also the area where I need the most coverage. So I end up using a concealer there anyways.

This is the second time I've purchased this but I've kind of fallen out of love with it due to those two reasons. I'll keep it because of the great color match and to use on my "good skin" days, but I won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2011 1:50:00 PM More reviews by iHeartMakeup3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

OMG OMG OMG!!!! I LOOOOOOOOOOOVEEEEE this foundation! It matches my skin so perfectly and it gives me a flawless airbrush look. I am an NC42 in MAC and MUFE HD foundation #153 matches my skin really well. I only use this on the weekends because it is too pricey to use it every single day. I use LORAC aquaPRIME as a primer and then I use the MUFE HD transluscent powder to set my foundation. It does stay put all day, but since I have combination oily skin I do have to reapply. BUT my day starts at 7 am. I put my make up on around 6 am and I do not re-apply until 6 pm. That's 12 hours!!!!

Also, I have been really impressed by the way I look in pictures when I am wearing this foundation. My skin looks really good.. oh man! I cant even explain it..

*** I am still looking for an every day foundation. Would like something similar to this foundation, but just cheaper and not harsh on the skin. Any recommendations?

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2011 8:20:00 PM More reviews by Mimi30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

its a great match for my skin (im very very pale), great coverage (it covers even my very dark undereye circles!!) but the only thing i dont like is that sometimes it breaks me out, even if i dont wear it for too long (sometimes it doesnt, go figure!!)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2011 1:54:00 AM More reviews by missxlkt

if you want a flawless face use this period . worth the expensive price, good coverage & everything , its awesome thats all i have to say (:

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2011 1:10:00 AM More reviews by hicupcake

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Colors: MAC NC35 or C4= MUFE #127 (for me anyway) I don't understand this numbering system. I got matched at a Sephora store, and I also looked at the Foundation Matrix on Temptalia's website.

Packaging: hygienic pump bottle, but can't see through the bottle to see how much is left.

Blendability: It takes some time to get it to blend right, but when it does, it's awesome. IMO, works best with a damp MAC 187 brush. Applying with a flat foundation brush made it go on streaky. This is not the product I reach for when I have zero time for makeup, and why waste good product if I'm not going to do it the way I like?

Value: a little bit of product goes a long way! I have had my bottle for nearly 2 years, but I'm going to buy a new bottle this week. I can't risk running out halfway through applying! I think a bottle costs about $40 USD.

Coverage: medium, but buildable. It's very light, and it doesn't feel like I have a lot of makeup on, but it also doesn't cover up the sun spots on my temples completely (nothing does, and still looks natural).

Other notes: I think this needs makeup remover to take off. When I wash my hands after applying, I have to use a generous amount of soap and scrub. So, I use DHC cleansing oil to remove the makeup at night, and then use a cleanser.

Overall, I really like this foundation! It's just not a quick apply product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2011 4:37:00 AM More reviews by graceleeroy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I gave in and purchased this product and sadly it did not live up to the hype. Don't get me wrong it does leave a nice finish, just was not for me. I bought one according to my shade and undertone, however I feel as if it has too much of a yellow undertone for my taste. Also leaves dry patchs around my nose and mouth area. From far distance my skin looks flawless, but up close this foundation made my skin look dry and powdery. Overall this product depends on how well your skin will adapt to its formula, however I prefer using the Nars sheer glow over this foundation.