Urban Decay NAKED

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 8/26/2011 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I bought this palette during the tail end of the first craze, when they were still accompanied by the double ended 24/7 pencil (not the brush). I just thought I'd add my 2 cents to the reviews -- the only eyeshadow I find unusable in this palette is Sidecar, due to the glitter and fall-out. I've used it once and glitter ended up all over my face for the entire day. How it spreads that far I will never know.

This palette is a terrific deal - 12 full-sized shadows, decent eyeliners (or e/s brush), and a mini UDPP. The eyeshadows (with the exception of Sidecar, since glitter really isn't my thing) are great -- pigmented, buttery, and long-lasting. Unfortunately for me, I knew that 24/7s don't really last that long on me, and UDPP tends to dry my lids out (or it could be an allergic reaction?). At any rate, even knowing this, I still find that the palette is a great deal for the eyeshadows alone. It is a must-have? I think this depends on what your stash currently contains. I am warm complected, love neutrals, my stash had slim pickins as far as neutrals, so for me the answer was YES. At this point in time, there are various other neutral palettes out there ranging from Wet n' Wild, NYX, Too Faced, etc. so there are plenty of choices. Personally, I am quite satisfied with my purchase and love having a palette of great stand-by neutrals together for quick access.

on 8/26/2011 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have tracked the Naked Palette for a while, only passively, in admiration for those who can shell out $50 for eye shadow (or get gouged, eek), and never expected my makeup addiction to land me glazed over in an Ulta, actually about to buy it. Well I bought it.

I'm so on the fence about this product, sadly. The package still gives me a jolt of excitement, but the product isn't what I expected. The brush I was given is pathetic. Stiff, fake, cheap...is it an eye shadow brush like it says on the handle, or a liner brush? EDIT: I have used this to pack on color, it's ok, but still strangely crunchy for a high end brush. I may condition this to soften. I loathe the UDPP, it's completely pointless to me. I stick with NYX milk as a base, skip primer.

Ok. Those minor things aside: the shadows. There are some goodies and some problem shadows in there. I will be concise.

FALLOUT (even with a base and tapping my brush on my forearm, these shadows fall on my cheekbones. I still use them, but it's a bummer such an expensive palette does this):
Darkhorse (buttery)
Creep (fairly smooth for glitter)
Hustle (buttery)
Gunmetal (fairly smooth for glitter)
GLITTERBOMBS:
Sidecar (a total mess, but smooth)
Creep
Gunmetal
GOOD ONES:
Naked (matte, only slightly chalky)
Half Baked (metallic, smooth)
Sin (frosty, buttery)
Buck (matte, only slightly chalky)
Smog (metallic, smooth)
Toasted (metallic, smooth)
Virgin (frosty, buttery)

They all blend well, even the glitterbombs. They do last. I would not buy this again, you can find nice neutrals cheaper and individually. I do like the portability of this, as I travel.
EDIT 8/31/11: I have fixed up my review a bit, hope it helps better. I must say, this palette is not perfect, but it's so fun. It really makes putting on makeup an enjoyable experience, it makes me creatives, and I look forward to trying out new things.

on 8/26/2011 8:57:00 AM

Amazing selection of neutral colours. But pricey but worth it for the quality of these.

I would buy it again and again

on 8/26/2011 7:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

In my opinion, this is the best neutral palette on the market. At first glance it's pricey, but you get 12 eyeshadow colors that are extemely high quality, and it will last you a long time. I highly recommend this product.

on 8/26/2011 7:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This palette is amazing. Although I do have some things that I would change about it, it gets a five because for the price and the quality it's just plain awesome. I'm so happy I bought it, and the colors go great combined or just by themselves. Probably, I'd take Gunmetal off of it because IMO it doesn't do for a great 'Naked' colour, I'd put a dark chocolate matte brown instead. Now, the colours:

Virgin - It's a good highlight color, although I would have enjoyed it to be slightly lighter. It's a very shimmery light beige. What's good about it is that, because it is not completely white, it can work by itself on the lid.

Sin - An Urban Decay classic. More pink than virgin, it's a champagne color, very shimmery and my favorite from the palette along with Toasted, and they look so great together. It's a good highlighter for cheeks too.

Naked - Basic beige. Matte. It's like my skin color, so I don't use it much except to blend in other colors.

Sidecar - This is not my favorite, at all. Just really really really glittery. It's okay though, but don't use too much of it.

Buck - The other color I don't enjoy that much. Wish it was darker but it's good for the crease. It's better than I thought at first sight.

Half Baked - Beautiful and extremelly pigmented gold color. Good combined with Smog.

Smog - One of the best colors there are in the palette. A darker, beautiful metallic.

Darkhorse - A dark shimmery brown with a twist.

Toasted - My favorite, beautiful rosey-brown.

Hustle - A dark dark taupe-purple colour, amazing for outer-V.

Creep - Your average very shimmery black with glitter.

Gunmetal - Dark grey which has some blue undertones, but it is definitely a grey. In my opinion, shouldn't be in the palette but I like it.

Best colors - Sin, Toasted, Smog.
Worse colors - Naked, Sidecar, Buck.

Overall, it's a very very good palette and very versatile.

on 8/25/2011 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this palette! I use it every day, if I want to create a soft natural look, I can, and if I want to create a dramatic look i can. The palette is slim so it's perfect for storing and travelling. The only thing that I can think of that I don't like is the fact that the packaging picks up dust and fallout from shadows, but I would definitely repurchase!

on 8/25/2011 6:58:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Its a beautiful palette, I agree with that. However, I like it, I don't love it like every other girl out there. It has many colours but I don't think it has everything for a nude look. Maybe I'm not applying the right colours, but more often than not, I will use one or two of the colours in this palette and grab 2 or 3 from another palette. The quality is good except sidecar has so much glitter fallout! I would put a tiny amount on on the centre of my lid and by the time I finished my foundation, the glitter would be all over my eyes. I'm glad I bought it but it really wasn't worth the hype. The case is super gorgeous though, aside from the sticker at the back. I liked the mini original primer potion and the brush that was given was okay, however, a 24/7 liner and maybe two small tiny eyeshadow brushes that is normally found in other palettes would've been a better option, especially since this is hailed as an all in one. The brush is fine, except its pretty much useless. It raised the price and value of the palette but I don't really know what to do with it. it's too thin and doesn't pick up enough eyeshadow to use on the lid, its too long for the crease and too big for under the brow. I use it for swatching mostly, however, i have to do 2-3 swipes to get the same amount of colour as an ELF eyeshadow brush that cost me $3.
I would purchase this again, but not for a long time. Hopefully, UD might reconsider and put the 24/7 liner in this palette again. But most likely, I'll just pick up the Naked palette 2 instead of repurchasing this because it will last me ages as it isn't my most reached for.

on 8/23/2011 11:45:00 PM

This is a great basic palette. Neutrals are a must in any girl's stash - even for those of us who love bright colors! This is one of my favorites to travel with because it is slim and compact, unlike a lot of the other more recent UD palettes. Also because when I'm traveling, I'm either focused on fun and usually not my makeup, or it's for work and I'd rather play it safe with neutrals. I was fortunate enough to get the original version with the double-ended eyeliner - which is great. The colors obviously work amazingly with the whole palette. While the liner doesn't stay on my waterline for more than 20 minutes, it's soft, blends well, but stays in place on my upper or lower lash line. And of course it's an amazing value!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

I don't know... I want to preface this by saying I am not an expert in makeup. I think this pallete is okay. I didn't even know about this palette until an employee at Sephora recommended it for me. I only discovered the excitement for this product in the beauty community after I searched for some naked pallete tutorials on youtube. The colors are very pretty but I mostly wear glasses and i think the look is too nuetral with my frames. I will give it another rating when I start wearing my contacts but as a glasses wearer, its blah.

on 8/22/2011 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have mixed feelings about this palette in that I think the palette itself is so pretty, the colors look so vibrant. Like all Urban Decay shadows, it's a palette that I'd be proud to display on my vanity but that's where the love affair ends.

First off, I'm 'tan', MAC NC42/44 depending on the season and some of the shadows did not show up true to color on my lids =( I also wasn't going to pack on the shadow to make it show either as I hate for my lids to feel heavy... and that is my other problem, the 'shimmery/glittery' shadows felt rather heavy on my lids and I simply felt gross and had to wash it off.

I'm so sad about this really, I so wanted this to be my 'it' palette as I only wear natural colors. Oh well

Popular Palettes

Contour Kit
NAKED
The Nudes
NAKED3

Video Reviews & Tutorials

New Year's Eve & Party Smokey Makeup Tutorial! 2015 by Angie Wilches

How to Look Like Kim Kardashian- Smoky & Glowy Makeup Tutorial- Naked Palette! by OMGigi

Bronzed Naked Palette Tutorial! by fashionista804