July 28, 2014 | 1347 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2011 10:05:00 PM More reviews by sashja2413

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading countless reviews both positive and negative, i decided to try this makeup. I tried it and it looked amazing on my skin HOWEVER i also tried using Hope in a Jar w/spf 25 original for all skin types ( since there is no SPF in HD Makeup Forever) , after a few days of using the makeup and moisturizer i began to breakout. My concern is one its ingredients is Talc i wished it would provide a percentage of how much Talc is used in this product, my skin can't tolerate a high dosage of Talc..

I am not sure if it were the Hope in the Jar that caused the reaction or the actual foundation itself. Ive stop using the moisturizer and it appears that the reaction is now drying up if that is the case and no other reaction happens. I will continue to use the HD Foundation along with the Primer and Powder because it does make my skin appear to be flawless!

But the bottom line is...It provides great coverage with a mat feel and doesn't feel heavy at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2011 9:43:00 PM More reviews by inrome810

I purchased this product after hearing so much about it. I also purchased the HD powder. I love the packaging, but I must say that I can just touch my face and it comes off and that includes using a primer before applying this foundation. By the end of the day and after touch ups my whole face is oily, which is odd because my nose is usually a bit dry. I have also noticed that I break out on my cheeks, chin, and jawline using this product. I hate to say this...but I don't see myself buying this product again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2011 2:11:00 PM More reviews by sanyav

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

*****UPDATE I've been using this now for almost a year! (every day in one way or another) and my HD and I are even more in love!
I had such a fit when I ran out (the bottle isn't see-through so you can't know how much is left! wth!), I went to FOUR separate Sephora stores in four far-apart locations in the city (damn you Toronto!) just to find my shade. My husband said that he will use this as evidence that I'm crazy if we ever get divorced.... but I didn't care... I HAD to have it THAT DAY...(crazy laugh)** This stuff has gotten me addicted to having nice skin when I leave the house so much that I just can't go out with my bare face (unfortunately). If my house is burning down, I would grab my puppy, wedding pic and HD foundation!!!
What I love the most: This is a foundation with a coverage (ACTUAL COVERAGE) that will not cause a havoc on your skin (and I would know...my sensitive-acne-prone, oily-but-dehydrated, MAC-stay-away skin)
Thanks!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2011 12:33:00 PM More reviews by mimi1806

Im NC30 and I used MUFE #128, perfect match. Which I love in this foundation is its coverage but still brings a glow finish. The texture is a bit thick but dont worry, just blend it fast and the finish is great, very thin with a medium coverage. Not my 1st choice but I will repurchase because I always want to have a number of foundations to change rather than stick with only one product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2011 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Teex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

** HG ALERT!! **
Coverage - medium to full, buildable.
Scent - slight scent, but no fragrance.
Finish - polished, not dewy, not matte, just beautiful looking, perfect skin.

Product description and further details;
Comes in a really sturdy clear plastic bottle with a handy pump. No SPF, looks amazing in flash/non flash photography. 30ml, 1oz.

My skin info;
MUFE 117 matches me perfectly. My closest match in other brands include; NC15, NARS SG Gobi, Bobbi Brown 2Sand (slight dark, haven't tested 1Warm Ivory).

Here are some swatches by me;

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2011 6:42:00 PM More reviews by mandiluk

After hearing tons of rave on MUFE HD foundation, I decided to give it a try. This is actually the first liquid foundation and I like it, besides the fact that the mufe sa couldn't pick out my shade. I had to go back a second time and get a closer color to my skin tone. This foundation covers up everything! And it stays on forever! And this is without primer! I use a flat top brush and it goes on smoothly and evenly. I'm really glad that it doesn't leave my face looking too fake or heavy.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2011 12:44:00 AM More reviews by Chianti

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My other ftd: NC 30, Nars Balanced Ftd in Budapest.
I was matched with 127.
I'm giving this 3 lippies because:
1. It accentuates dry spots as previous reviewers have stated (exfoliation and my usual moisturizer didn't help)
2. It was hard to find a perfect match for my azn skin (it lacks the yellow tint I need)
3. Needs a heavy moisturizer to make it work (I have to buy a heavier moisturizer for this ftd)
4. Needs a damp ftd brush for good application ( I never have to do this w/ my other ftd)
5. Pricey ($42)
So because of the extra steps/product I have to do/buy I won't repurchase. However, I like the pump dispenser and how light this feels on my skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2011 8:55:00 PM More reviews by katemvirginia

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I was very wary of this since I am dry/acne prone & all glowy foundations seem to break me out horrid. I am on my 2nd bottle of this stuff. I'm NC20 & MUFE 117 is a perfect match for me. It gives me a healthy glowy look & you only need 1 pump. I got my 2nd jar when I got $15 coupon around xmas. Amazing stuff & a bottle lasts forever!

UPDATE: This makes me skin look so masky & unatural. It is sad it no longer works for myself. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2011 8:27:00 AM More reviews by KennethAlan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is the only foundation I have ever used as I just got into makeup in the past few years, but I can just tell this is amazing compared to a lot of other ones. The finish is more of a satin finish on me because after a couple hours I'll notice my skin is sort of glowing like the light is reflecting off of it, but that just might be because I have really oily skin and it's mixing with my oil or something, or maybe it's the MUFE HD powder I use over it... either way it looks great. I have really oily acne prone skin and this oddly seems to control my oil or something because I never look oily at the end of the day. This is bad, but one time I wore it for around 48 hours and slept in it twice (long story) and my skin still looked amazing afterwards and I have acne and acne scars so it was pretty amazing. There are so many shades that it's pretty much a guarentee you will find a shade to match your skin. I wear shade 115. I definitely recommend trying this.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2011 6:48:00 AM More reviews by JoiW

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's my first bottle of foundation coz I'm quite young....The coverage is good and the color 108 matches well with my skin tone.

However, there're many cons for this product.First, it makes my T-zone super oily. And also it gives me a 'I'm wearing too much make-up' look...Even when I applied it with a MAC 187 for just once on my skin, it looks cakey...

So I will keep looking for my HG foundation...I'm trying sisley now...Hope for the best..