BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

4.1

on 1/13/2006 12:43:00 AM

As far as unique products and packaging go, Benefit is one of my favorite brands. High Beam is a liquid highlighter that comes in a nail polish type bottle- kudos for the unique packaging. I think this is a great product, but just not for me. It's a bit too highlighty (opalescent) for my oily skin. I will save this for a night out, not for everyday use.

on 1/10/2006 11:19:00 AM

i love this stuff. i've never been one to wear a whole lot of makeup, but this is the perfect thing to make your skin look lovely and dewy while not looking obviously made up. i spent a lot of time at sephora the other day, trying different illuminizers, and this was noticeably the most natural-looking. didn't look like i had just splashed glitter over my face, like some of the others did. i use a little on the apples of the cheek and blend up over the top of the cheekbone, and a little on the bridge of the nose. very nice! the packaging is fine, but i do worry a little bit about possible breakage as i have notoriously slippery fingers. i don't think i'd travel with it (possibly bring my w&w twist-up stick in flirt as a travelling alternative), though.

on 1/8/2006 9:17:00 PM

BeneFit is my most favorite brand for all the cute names and bottles. Okey that is superficial because it is whats inside that truly counts. High beam is one of my must haves. I use it all the time over and under makeup to create a glow or to sculpt my face, cheekbones and brow bones :)
You really cant go wrong.

on 12/19/2005 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE this stuff! Especially for a night out...it makes me look so glowy and fabulous. I wish the packaging wasn't so annoying though

on 12/16/2005 5:12:00 AM

Such a great highlighter! As well for adding a dewy fresh look to your complexion. I think this would suit any skin tone. Will definitely get this again :) Oh and the packaging (like all Benefit products) is just so cute ;)

HG for a glowy/dewy look without looking like I woke up from a night out without washing my face. BeneFit does not test on animals.

on 11/25/2005 11:08:00 AM

Really like this - I use it as a highlighter on my cheek bones and around my eyes (from lash to brow, and in the inner and outer corners). It brightens up my face and helps conceal darkness around my eyes. I have VERY pale skin, and it adds a glow to it. It looks like a very pastel, shimmery pink in the bottle, but it doesn't have much color on the skin - more of a subtle radiance. Very pretty, and it lasts forever (I've had mine for at least 6 months, and I'm not even to the half-way mark). I use it every time I apply makeup, after tinted moisturizer and concealer. If you're looking for a
*highlighter*, try this one out (but not if you're wanting something with vivid color, or a replacement for blush). I have a sneaking suspicion that this might work particularly well for individuals with darker skin.

on 11/18/2005 11:32:00 AM

OMG! How come I didn't recognize a HG when I find one? I was a little disappointed with this product for the 1st few days as on top of powdered foundation, it just looked flaky to me! However, viola! Someone suggested I use this before my foundation, and I get compliments about how much I just glow or am so radiant-looking when I think I looked pretty washed out before! Definitely HG. I use this everyday now. :) For reference I'm a MAC N20. Bought Moon Beam for my very tan best friend. Packaging isn't fantastic, price is pretty steep but hey, its a quality product~ EDITED: This is sooo expensive already and benefit raised the price to 22USD from 20USD. Bummer! But I still love this.. Sigh

Edit,2012: I kind of forgot abt this n went to try alot of diff highlighters, cream n powder n now I realise why this was HG n nothing else compares! I just can't find anything that gave me a dewy pink hue glow! Thumbs uppppp!!

on 11/11/2005 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

HG!!! i love this stuff. gives a great glow & lasts for most of the day. it works perfectly on my snow white fair skin...if you have darker skin moon beam would work a lot better.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

another one of Benefit's must haves. I've been using this one for awhile, not really for every day use, but more for when I go out. I put a little on my cheekbones, and browbones and it really does accentuate those areas. It really gives you a sexy healthy glow and shimmer.

Video Reviews & Tutorials