December 22, 2014 | 1177 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Neutrogena - Oil Free eye makeup remover

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2006 2:50:00 PM More reviews by renemy

This is overrated. For an oil-free makeup remover, it sure leaves an oily feeling on my eyes afterwards. The Physicians Formula Vital Lash is a hundred times better.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2006 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Bostonlover

This is an OK eye makeup remover. It does have glycerin in it so it can have a little of an oily residue. That didn't bother me though. It did a good job of removing my waterproof mascara also, but it really dries the skin around my eyes out. I have tried it several different times and each time I get scaly dry (and I am an oily/combo skin). So I am still looking for my HG remover.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2006 6:44:00 PM More reviews by AMSD

Update: While this doesn't remove everything in one go (2+ cotton balls are needed, and waterproof mascara doesn't budge much with this product), I like that it's oil free so I can (and do) use it on my whole face and don't have any skin problems as a result. Comodynes is great but I feel less wasteful and polluting using this vs. the wipes. Love using this in combo with a light scrub to cleanse after.

Orig review: In looking at other (mostly positive) reviews, I must not be using this correctly: apply to cotton ball, let sit for a few seconds on eye make-up then swipe off. Nothing controversial there, right? It takes me about 3 drenched cotton balls to get (non-waterproof, 2 coats only) mascara off, but that same mascara is now on other parts of my face... and it barely touches waterproof mascara (L'Oreal Voluminous)! Further, it is very oily (although I don't mind as my skin is dry, but it's not what it claims) - splash your face with water afterwards and the water will be beading up on your skin! $6 isn't a bad price, but it doesn't do what it claims, and in the 2 weeks since I've been using it I'd say I've used about 20% of the bottle. Giving it a 3 as I'll use the rest of it, but after that, guess I'll be going back to Comodynes.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2006 12:20:00 AM More reviews by jackie5555

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Awesome inexpensive product. only minus is the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2006 6:51:00 PM More reviews by sierra1980

I will be running out and buying another bottle of this soon. I love this makeup remover it removes all of my waterproof makeup w/o irritation and a little goes a long way. It is comparable to Lancome's Bi-facils but soo much cheaper. I picked mine up at K-mart for 6 bucks. A steal!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2006 1:22:00 PM More reviews by JiveTurkey

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Yeah!!!! I finally found a cheaper version of Lancome Bi-Facial! I just purchased my 3rd bottle of the Neutrogena. I have real sensitive eyes & the only time that Neutrogena stings a little is if I've totally saturated the cotton ball & use way too much product on my eyes. It takes off m/u just as good as the Lancome. I haven't noticed any greasy-ness, but now that I think about it, it might leave behind a slight film. But that's ok w/me because A) I'd rather it be slightly greasy than overdrying and B) After I take my make-up off I wash my face anyway. Oh, & to the person who said it was so greasy she had to use an astringent - YIKES! Astringent on your eyes?!?!? I think my eyeballs would have fallen out.

I did take one lippie off for the packaging. The bottle seems to have some leakage problems. It doesn't travel great if it has to be laid down. I just put mine in a Ziploc bag & store it in my overnight bag standing up & it does ok.

All in all this is a great product. Exactly like Bi-Facial except it's about 1/3 the price. Nice!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2006 11:45:00 PM More reviews by MakeupISart

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Amazing E.M.R! It really does the job well. But I really hate the packaging, because one night when I was taking off my makeup, I accidently knocked it over and like 1/4 of it fell down the sink!! The hole is way to big..it would be better if it was smaller. But whatever. It does its job. I was going to buy MAC makeup remover but I just dont see the need for it because it does the exact same thing as this one but this one is a lot cheaper! :). Doesnt sting my eyes, gets most makeup off the first or second wipe. Love this stuff...

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2006 6:47:00 PM More reviews by adamsjill

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this. I was tired of the price for Bi-Facil, so I decided to give this a shot. It removes all my make-up (even WP mascara) easily and gently. I agree a smaller opening would be nice...but I just cover the top with a cotton pad and flip. No mess and the pad gets the perfect amount every time. The film does not bother me, as it is oil free. I always remove my eye make-up before washing my face anyways, and after washing my face the film is gone (though my eye lids feel soft and moisturized). Super stuff. Bye Bye Bi-facil!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2006 7:23:00 AM More reviews by Evonne

a cheap alternative to Erno Lazo (my favorite) and 1/3rd the price---but packaging makes me nervous as it has spilled before when bumbling around late at night ... hole on top could have pop-up lid or plastic filter and then would be home run.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2006 7:02:00 PM More reviews by Johanna11

This worked just fine. I just don't like the opening of the bottle, too much comes out of it, because the hole is so large.