July 26, 2014 | 1852 users online

BB Cream - Maybelline - Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2012 6:55:00 PM More reviews by JamaicanWhitie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been anticipating the launch of this bb cream since April and was so excited when I saw it in stores this past week. I purchased it from shoppers drug mart for 11.99 $CAD. Which is alright I guess.
The consistency is not too thick and it blends evenly into the skin without any streaks. And also when I applied it I noticed that throughout the day my skin didn't flaky like it normally does with my other foundation. So that made me happy, it looked like it was my skin and I didn't pack a ton of makeup on my face. Now granted the coverage isn't all that great, it's sheer, like most tinted moisturizers and provides less coverage than other bb creams on the market.
I did not set it with powder which I probably should have done, so I had a somewhat dewy finish after 4-5 hours. But not to the point of total greaseball.
So if you are looking for something that is lightweight,sheer coverage,hydrating and spf protection then I would recommend it. However it will not cover up any acne flare ups,hyperpigmentation, etc. I leave that to my concealer to do anyways. So it just depends what your preferences are and just adjusting it to work for you :)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2012 2:36:00 PM More reviews by RiceBunnyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a BB Cream freak, so when I found out Maybelline was releasing a BB cream in Canada/North America, I had to go out and buy it. Sadly, it did not meet my BB cream expectations. In the tester tubes, the consistency was really nice and felt like a bb cream, but once I got home and started using the actual tube of bb cream, it was awful! The consistency is much more liquidy than a tinted moisturizer. I tried it out today, and it gave me a very light coverage, which i am okay with, but i expected it to be much thicker, like the smashbox bb cream or garnier one (or just any other asian brand!). This comes in 5 different shades (light, light/medium, medium, medium/dark, and dark). I got the shade medium and it perfectly matches my skin tone, which got me even more excited when I was at the store. The price was alright.. it was $11.99 (on sale). It was surprising that the amount of product in the tube is the same as smashbox's, however, this price was only 1/5 of the smashbox one, which was a total win! Something that I really hated about this bb cream was that the pacakging was awful. I removed the little tab covering up the hole for the product to dispense and the product non-stop flowed out and I couldn't stop it. It eventually stopped so I put the cap back on. The next day, the product was leaking inside the cap. The packaging is just really messy! I might consider buying this product again, but the chances are low.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2012 12:06:00 AM More reviews by bluffchick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been interested in trying a BB cream, but didn't want to spend $35 on the Smashbox one or $13 for the Garnier kind. Instead, I bought this Maybelline BB cream...$6.63 at Bed Bath and Beyond.

Originally, I heard BB creams were greasy and with oily skin that wasn't going to work for me. The Maybelline Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB cream is oil-free, so I liked that. But this is really just a tinted moisturizer. It provides zero coverage (even tinted moisturizer gives you a tiny bit of coverage). I'll use what I have, but I won't be buying this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2012 8:04:00 PM More reviews by ekchawaii

It was 8.95 in Canada, really heavy, gives pretty good coverage, lasts, needs to be set. Don't reccommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2012 12:30:00 PM More reviews by fygstone

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I originally posted this review to the Clearglow BB Cream. I still use this product . It is beginning to get hot and humid in in NYC and this product still holds up. The only caveat; in photos with flash your face will look very shiny/sparkly almost like you are wearing mineral makeup, minus 1 lippie for that.

Original Review:
I purchased this product in England for 7.99 GBP which is about 13.00 USD A bit expensive but I hadn't seen this in the US and they actually had a Dark shade in stock. Also, the UK and Europe restricts many ingredients in the use of skincare and cosmetics, so this product may be vastly different from US version, if they decide to distribute here.
8 benefits listed a/p the label:
5 blurs inperfections
6 oil free, non-greasy
7 looks visibly smooth
8 feels fresh
This product does what it says. Honestly, I'm quite surprised as I consider Maybelline to be on the lower end of drugstore cosmetics. I have been using this for two weeks now and I prefer it to the Smashbox BB cream. It feels light, blends smoothly over my moisturiser and highlighter, melts nicely as the day goes on and doesn't cause the 3 o'clock greasy face. I've also noticed that the quality of my skin tone and texture are vastly improved while wearing, even though it is very sheer coverage. My skin is not horrible, but at my age I'm concerned about uneven tone and mild scars left by pimples, this product does blur them and feels very good on my skin, it also doesn't cake into smile and forehead lines and does not clog my pores. If released in the US I will purchase again.
coverage: sheer
finish: semi dewy
lasting power: quite good on my very oily skin
scent: mild
texture: gel cream like, spreads nicely
Ingredients:
aqua/water, ethylhexyl palmitate, glycerin, octyld0decanol, silica, pentylene glycol, octyldodecyl xyloside, phenoxyethanol, sodium acrylate/sodium acryloyldimethone taurate copolymer, hydrogenated lecithin, isohexadecane, hydroxyethyl, acrylate/ sodium acryloyldimethyl taurate, copolymer, peg - 30, diplohydroxystearate, sodium dehydroacetate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl, hydroxyhydrocinnamate, caprylyl glycol, disodium edta, citirc acid, polysorbate 80, potassium sorbate, propylene glycol, methylisothiazolinone, chamonolla retcuitta extract/matricaria flower extract, aloe barbadensis extract, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, may contain c177891/titanium dioxide, c177491, c177492, c177499/iron oxides

28 out of 31 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2012 5:00:00 PM More reviews by cmacw

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this because I'm going on a camping trip, and I want to bring as least makeup as possible. I knew I wouldn't really have the patience to apply my regular foundation (revlon colourstay) on a campground, so I decided to try this out. This is the first time I've tried a BB cream, and I hadn't really had high hopes for this one, but it's actually pretty good! I have rosacea and dry skin, but this tones down the redness enough that I could get away with wearing a little bit of concealer and that's it. It's cheap and the packaging is cute, and it's perfect for those days when you don't wan't to wear lot's of makeup. The finish is natural-dewy, and when it dries it feels very light, like you have nothing on. I'll definatley repurchase for next summer :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2012 4:00:00 PM More reviews by Little2Sister

I bought this product purely on the fact that the shade 'light' was such a good match for my skin tone in the shop. Its a very sheer coverage so I only wear it when I want to look like I'm wearing no makeup (which is ok for most days for me). I have plenty of blemishes so I do have to add concealer and I add powder to set it a bit. this combo looks nice and fresh but not 'made up'.
The most surprising thing I noticed was after using this for about 4 days it actually made my skin look better when I took it off. Not in a super-dramatic way but I had less dry bits and some of my spots were healing up.
In general, Im impressed with this for such a cheap product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2012 4:48:00 PM More reviews by Joyc25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Got this in Light. Overall I think this is an amazing product!
Pros: I know people complained its coverage being too sheer... it covered my pores and added a nice tint for me which is perfect for light days!
Not drying at all!! It didn't accentuate my flakies which every base product does on me! Love this :)

Cons: SPF 30 is total bs because it has only 1.15% titanium dioxide and nothing else....
I am super pale... NC10... So this is at least half a shade too dark for me... Not super obvious but I can tell a difference by my neck. Should work for NC15-20
In conclusion, I can't repurchase this cause of my paper white skin, not issues with the product itself. Ciao!

15 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2012 6:37:00 PM More reviews by misseightieswoman

I have heard so much hype about BB creams that i thought what the heck, and bought this as the price was good. As the others say I doubt this is a BB cream, and the colour is far too dark for my almost vampire-white skin. I will stick to my usual rare white foundation and sunscreen. I will not be buying this again. Too dark and orangey.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2012 7:04:00 AM More reviews by BigEars

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

One of the best budget brand tinted moisturisers I have tried. it goes on smoothly without streaks and blends into my skin. Perfect for a day when I do not want to be bothered with MU but want a bit of colour. I use the lightest one which is perfect for my milk white skin. It has the added advantage of being 30spf and does not cause breakouts. This is more than can be said for many really expensive day creams - Chanel are you listening? I will repurchase.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No