November 28, 2014 | 1770 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 2:26:00 PM More reviews by dmastra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this for my birthday small sample from Sephora... I will say it works pretty good. It definitely adds a lot of length just after the 1st coat. I normally don't really care to buy expensive mascara and honestly would just buy drug store, but after using this one I'm probably going to buy the bigger version when I finish this smaller one!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2013 6:38:00 PM More reviews by nanpla

This mascara is great but not for everyday use. Why? Taking it off is pretty hard, even when using eye makeup remover. It does add lenght and volume and makes your lashes look thick and beautiful, which is why I still give it 5 stars. The effect of this mascara is just awesome. I love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2013 12:38:00 PM More reviews by babygems

Really like this mascara. I love the way it makes my lashes look really long and black. It stays on all day and doesn't smudge. I would of rated this 5 rather then 4 if it lasted longer. I feel it drys out far too quickly and a new one is needed again far too quickly.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I received this product in a pack bought from sephora. Overall, I like it. A lot of mascara smudge on me, but that's not the case with this one. I never had raccoon eyes with this one, even when going to the gym, something that happen with a lot of products for me. I love the effect the brush gives, and it can also hold a curl really well. The brush is great for bottom lashes also.

However, I thought that it flaked a little. I also think that the black could be blacker, it's not black enough for my taste. It also dried really quickly, but maybe it's because of the fact that it a sample size, so we'll see.

Overall, it's a great mascara, but not so great for the price tag. I'll use it if I can find it on sale, or if I have it in a pack from sephora, but I'll probably not purchase it on it's own.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by Glenda22

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received a trial size of Benefit They're Real mascara when making a purchase at Sephora. I was truly amazed at the difference in my lashes. For once you were actually able to see them. I have tried many different mascaras and have not been able to get the affect that this mascara gave me. I read the reviews anad do agree that it is a little pricey but I have spent so much money trying different mascaras that I would buy this product. It did not clump on me and two coats were enough. I did not have any trouble removing it like some people have stated in their reviews. I use Olay facial sheets, the ones that you wet, and it came right off.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2013 3:20:00 PM More reviews by kristina93

I really didn't like this mascara. It didn't do anything for my lashes, let alone make them look false! It was clumpy and just not great on my lashes, it also dried out really quick. I personally don't like plastic brushes either. This just didn't work for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2013 2:19:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I usually stay away from BeneFit mascaras because they have always smudged like crazy on me, and I don't have oily eyelids. They're Real is no exception.

I received a mini of this as part of the Sephora birthday set, so I was eager to try it to see if it lived up to all of the hype. For reference, I have short, thin eyelashes, so I was intrigued by the dramatic before-and-after pictures BeneFit featured on their site.

This did give decent length and held the curl, but it did start to clump a bit with more than one coat, so one lippie off for that. However, the worst thing was that it flaked and left me with raccoon eyes. At first I thought it was my eyeliner, but I tried it just by itself and still got the same results.

Overall, would not repurchase, and I think the "3" rating I gave it was quite generous. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by bldsgrsxmgk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I know everyone seems to love this mascara; but I don't find it worth the hype. I am a fan of these types of brushes, the ones that are plastic or even rubber with spikes or bristles rather than a spooly-type brush. Usually I can't go wrong with this brush type (because honestly, the brush makes or breaks that mascara depending on what your lashes need, regardless of formula) because they work best for my lashes- my #1 criterion is separation. But the packaging is flawed, the spikeball at the tip of this wand only creates clumps, even if I wipe some product off before application. The rest of the brush is okay, but if the bristles were thinner and more numerous they would do the job much better in my opinion when compared with other mascaras that have these traits. I also prefer dryer formulas -clumps are my enemy- so I hated using They're Real until I'd had it for ages, which isn't even sanitary. Not the worst mascara but definitely not deserving of the price tag! There are simply better mascaras from the same genre that are cheaper and superior.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 7:09:00 PM More reviews by rfasano

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this mascara but it is very expensive:( it does do a good job to lengthen your lashes but it takes a few coats and it can get very stiff.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2013 12:27:00 PM More reviews by scrowley2328

Bottom line - Overpriced. Go to your local d/s and get Loreal telescopic for $10.