October 26, 2014 | 949 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by ecmoore08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I usually use MUFE Smokey Lash but my friend got this and swears by it so I figured I'd give it a try. I didnt want to spend $23 on it and not like it so I found a smaller version of it at Sephora for $10 and bought it :) First off, I love this mascara. It lengthens and curls my lashes and does not clump up. Overall rating of 4 only because whenever I try to take it off at the end of the day it is a hassle! This thing stays put! I have to use lots of eye makeup remover.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2013 9:53:00 AM More reviews by orgasmblush

I don't know why people are hating on this mascara! It's my HG mascara, and I've tried SO many over the years. The brush is amazing, the spiky plastic bristles coat each lash to the max, and the spiked tip allows for 360 coverage for the lashes on the inner and outer corners. Great for applying on bottom lashes too. It isn't waterproof, but dang it sure acts like it. By the end of a long day, it hasn't smeared one bit on me. I also find that I don't need to curl my lashes when I use this. I always recommend this to clients who don't know where to start with mascaras. There's a reason why its Sephora's best-selling mascara! Love love love.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2013 12:38:00 AM More reviews by Sylvia66

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Worst Mascara I have ever used! Smeared within 30 minutes of application.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2013 12:35:00 PM More reviews by susismiles

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is great for drama, but what a wet mess to use! I got my sample from Sephora and threw it out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2013 5:49:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received this as a 100 point product from sephora. I love the wand; Plastic bristles with a spiked ball at the tip, which is perfect for getting those lashes by the inner corners. Plus the wand grabs onto every lash, helping to separate and lengthen. Formula is light and easy to remove. I did not experience any smudging. I personally love this mascara for my lower lashes. For my mascara routine, I first apply shiseido's nourishing mascara base, one coat of maybelline WP full n' soft, one coat of benefit they're real, and then another coat of full n' soft. I only use this mascara for my bottom lashes. Definitely would purchase the regular size once I'm done with the small tube! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by kwmechelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this in my Sephora bag for my birthday and I LOVE it! Case in point, I put on my regular drug store brand mascara on one eye, then recalled that I had this one, and applied it to the other eye. There was a big difference! So much so, that today I wore this on both eyes and loved the effects.

I got major lift, length, and separation. I wasn't looking for volume and thickness, since my lashes have enough of that, but the length was EVERYTHING! I'm not sold on the price point, and I'm currently on a mission to find a cheaper dupe.

If you can spare the pretty penny that this will cost ya, I say go for it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2013 8:07:00 PM More reviews by thenaturediva

I LOVE the formula!
It gives me the best results so far, out of all the mascaras I have ever tried.

The lasting power is AMAZING!

I live in the tropics and I needed a formula that would stay put for 12 hour work shifts without touch-ups and through the sweat. This mascara passes the test.

Also, I hate lumps, and this product does not clump! All my other mascaras have gone clumpy after some weeks of use, except this. So thats a huge plus for me.

The only negetive for me is the brush. Though, the design of the brush minimizes clumps, its scratchy :(.
Its quite big and the bristles are hard and pokey. It hurts poking yourself inside the eye.
Thats the only reason I have taken points off.

From the price point of view - It is not as expensive as Diorshow and the like, but delivers at par.
My best mascara till date...till I find my HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2013 3:47:00 PM More reviews by LynnieK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

HG mascara for me. I find it to be a little pricey ($26 in Canada) but I keep going back to it. Love that it's water resistant but washes right off. It really does curl your lashes as well. Great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2013 1:19:00 PM More reviews by phoenixg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My favorite mascara! Doesn't clump too badly and makes my lashes look like mine but better. It's expensive, but worth it in my opinion. I wear it everyday.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by keeponsingin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been on the hunt for a mascara that adds major volume, definition, length and DRAMA, and Benefit definitely hit the mark on this one!

My natural lashes are very long, thick, curly, and black (to the point that people think I'm wearing mascara even when I'm not), so I need a mascara that really brings it to make my lashes really stand out.

Most products I've used are pretty lackluster, and require layering of 2-3 different ones in order to achieve the look I'm going for, but then often ends up in a clumpy mess unless I work very quickly and am careful about which products I use at the same time.

With Benefit's They're Real mascara, I can get that false lash look with just one product! Not only that, but there is zero to no clumping. It lifts, separates and defines, and really lasts without flaking or anything.

Not only that, but the formula is great. It feels very light on your lashes, not heavy like so many others.

Best mascara I have ever used!

UPDATE: Maybelline's Rocket mascara is a great dupe for this, and L'Oreal Double Extend gives more of a false lash look. Both are significantly cheaper, so I do not plan on repurchasing this product, even though I do like it.