December 20, 2014 | 1326 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2013 2:06:00 PM More reviews by kattleya

I love this mascara. My upper lashes are long but not thick and my lower lashes are very short and fine. I like that this mascara doesn't clump on my lashes, and i like the cannonball shape at the end of the wand because that is working really well for my hard to primp lower lashes.

I don't think that the mascara makes spidery lashes, it depends on your technique. I apply my first coat brushing up and my second coat doing the zig-zag motion. Then i point straight the cannonball shape to my lower lashes and brush it side to side. Brushing downwards makes my lower lashes smears black mascara on the skin below, and i kinda hate when that happens because it's so hard to wipe the black residue flawlessly.

Mascara stays really well but i don't know if it's waterproof because it goes off whenever i wash my face. I never cry when i use this mascara and never got soaked wet because of rain or swimming so i never tested how waterproof it really is. At night after i washed my face i used baby oil and cotton pad to remove the black eye effect after washing, and it is really easy with only just baby oil. I never use eye make up remover because i like the smell of the baby oil and also it works great on every stubborn waterproof make up.

All in all i'd buy this mascara again and again, because after all this years only They're Real mascara that does not clump, has great effect on my lower lashes, does not harden my lashes after one coat, and i have received a lot compliment saying that it looks like fake lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2013 10:06:00 AM More reviews by SofiaRN421

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this for my lower lashes. I use it daily. Makes my eyes pop!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2013 10:53:00 PM More reviews by purpleredswirls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Okay, this mascara was not what I was hoping it to be. It's not the worst mascara. It at least does put product on your lashes unlike some other mascaras that seem to do nothing or very little. HOWEVER, there is a fine line between when this mascara looks good to looking like gross clumped together mess. It happens between some random number of coats. For example coat 2 will look great but as soon as coat 3 goes on it's disaster. The end of the brush looks like it was suppose to be designed to be awesome for getting to the corners of eyes and all those small lashes. Too much product goes on and you end up spending too much time trying to get the product off on the container thus making the tube all gross. I also find that sometimes I end up "stabbing" myself with the bristles. Idk why this brush does it when I'm using it the same as any other mascara.

I wouldn't repurchase because the price doesn't match the product. I've used cheaper mascaras that I prefer and will not repurchase this mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 7:38:00 PM More reviews by Traincase

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product. I got it for half off at Sephora late last summer. I was hesitant to purchase a $30 mascara at first. Thanks to the VIB sale, plus a Wrapp gift certificate for $10 of Sephora, I just had to try it.

When I was using the product alone, it came out a bit clumpy and spidery. Then on a whim I used it and followed with Badgal masacra and now it works like a dream.

I really wish there was a waterproof version though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2013 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Bsheth86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I got this mascara and the highlighter as the free birthday gift from Sephora. I like the brush because it is not like the giant brushes out there. I really hate the big brushes even though majority of the folks disagree. The formula is nice because it is doesn't sting or irritate my eyes (I wear contacts). My lashes are already long so I cannot comment on the lengthening effect, but it definitely gives a good amount of volume. It does take a minute or so for it to dry. Also, application is the key to this mascara so I would follow the instructions on the packaging. Although this is a great mascara, I love my l'oreal mascara and it is cheap so I don't feel the need to purchase a higher end mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by xjayle

This is the best mascara for my bottom lashes. The bristles make application and separation super easy. Sadly, not for my top lashes. I prefer big wands with close but separated bristles. They work the best for me and actually get product onto my lashes.

I really wish there was a waterproof version though. So I could avoid looking like a raccoon by the end of the day. I would recommend this for sure!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by ambsoph1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Horrible...I have tried some crap mascaras before but this is terrible . No length no volume. No curl or lift.Nothing! Glad I only bought the mini. Still I feel a little ripped off. Honestly people. The drug store mascaras have their game down when it comes to mascaras. I have tried a few higher end brands and none I say none so far have beat drug store brands. Save your money skip this one!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by lithiumxflower

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

ok there was a lot of hype about this product, I saw plenty of people calling it the best mascara they ever owned, so after months of debating it with myself I eventually got it for about £18, was it worth it?, no, well not really anyway. The mascara isn't bad at all but it certainly was not worth what I paid for it, I first tried it over the top of the 17 ''peep show'' mascara I was wearing at the time and was fairly impressed. I next tried it on my bare lashes and was rather disappointed, the formula was a bit too thick and the brush glued my lashes together in unflattering clumps. The first coat I put on looked fairly good but after the second my lashes looked like spider legs, so unless thatís the look you are going for I wouldnít really bother. It did, however give my lashes a decent length and enough of a curl to pass for a night out, after application it was quite smudgy and after a while I did see the odd tell-tale black flake around my eyes showing that it didnít live up to its long lasting claim, but not excessively so. Itís not bad, but believe me, you can get better mascara for much less.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by JayMUA

I loved almost everything about this mascara. The brush is FANTASTIC. the formula is pretty nice for length & volume as well EXCEPT that it smudges a lot. Once they figure out a waterproof formula that performs the same way, I'll buy it again. For now, I stick to tubing mascaras.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2013 1:53:00 AM More reviews by andreatexi

Okay so I bought this as an impulse buy at sephora mainly because I wanted to see what all the hype is about. I bought the mini version cause their is no way I would spend $30 on a mascara.... Money doesn't come out my butt lol. But I can honestly say this mascara is amazing!! Believe the hype! It is very volumizing and it lengthens and separates like a dream! It is very sticky on your lashes if your like me and love to pick at your lashes and it does dry quite fast. I wouldn't repurchase just because I'm sure there are drugstore mascaras that work just as great ( loreal telescopic for me ) and I'm not one to drop $30 on a mascara. I love my eyelashes but not that much !