November 22, 2014 | 2084 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2013 2:19:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I usually stay away from BeneFit mascaras because they have always smudged like crazy on me, and I don't have oily eyelids. They're Real is no exception.

I received a mini of this as part of the Sephora birthday set, so I was eager to try it to see if it lived up to all of the hype. For reference, I have short, thin eyelashes, so I was intrigued by the dramatic before-and-after pictures BeneFit featured on their site.

This did give decent length and held the curl, but it did start to clump a bit with more than one coat, so one lippie off for that. However, the worst thing was that it flaked and left me with raccoon eyes. At first I thought it was my eyeliner, but I tried it just by itself and still got the same results.

Overall, would not repurchase, and I think the "3" rating I gave it was quite generous. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by bldsgrsxmgk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I know everyone seems to love this mascara; but I don't find it worth the hype. I am a fan of these types of brushes, the ones that are plastic or even rubber with spikes or bristles rather than a spooly-type brush. Usually I can't go wrong with this brush type (because honestly, the brush makes or breaks that mascara depending on what your lashes need, regardless of formula) because they work best for my lashes- my #1 criterion is separation. But the packaging is flawed, the spikeball at the tip of this wand only creates clumps, even if I wipe some product off before application. The rest of the brush is okay, but if the bristles were thinner and more numerous they would do the job much better in my opinion when compared with other mascaras that have these traits. I also prefer dryer formulas -clumps are my enemy- so I hated using They're Real until I'd had it for ages, which isn't even sanitary. Not the worst mascara but definitely not deserving of the price tag! There are simply better mascaras from the same genre that are cheaper and superior.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 7:09:00 PM More reviews by rfasano

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this mascara but it is very expensive:( it does do a good job to lengthen your lashes but it takes a few coats and it can get very stiff.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2013 12:27:00 PM More reviews by scrowley2328

Bottom line - Overpriced. Go to your local d/s and get Loreal telescopic for $10.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2013 11:53:00 AM More reviews by Peaches1027

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mascara is below average. It took several coats to make my lashes look longer and give them more volume, and I don't like the brush. There are many mascaras, drugstore and high end, that work far better. Big disappointment. Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 11:44:00 AM More reviews by RainbowBowser

If you are trying to achieve a false lash effect and have it last: this will do it. The major cons to this mascara is the price, how stiff it is on the lashes, and how hard it is to take off. For people as uncoordinated as I am, this works as a much better alternative to applying false lashes, definitely not an everyday mascara (imo). Considering how easily mascaras expire, you may want to use the travel-size.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2013 9:33:00 PM More reviews by sophieecakees2

I lalalove this product! ♥

I purchased the mini one which was 10 dollars, but it was worth it. The mini bottle lasted me about 4 months, and I use mascara everyday.

The reason why I gave this product 4 lippies is because the full size of this is expensive! So I'd just recommend buying the mini one(:

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2013 9:16:00 PM More reviews by Blinkz191

This is an amazing mascara. It gives length and volume to your lashes like nothing i have ever tried with only one coat. The only thing i dont like about it is that it is very hard to get off.. You have to really work at it but its a small price to pay for the quality of it. I love this!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2013 8:24:00 PM More reviews by GlamMU

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This mascara is okay - definitely not worth the price. It's made out to be such an amazing mascara, but it's not really that much different to most mascaras. When I put it on, my eyelashes didn't look that much more defined than they ever did with my 8 Rimmel one! You have to put a lot of it on before you actually see much of a difference, and by the time you dip the stick back in for a second coat, your eyelashes have already dried so they look clumpy and feel heavy by the time you put more on. It dries unbelievably fast! Another con about it - it is so difficult to remove. Definitely not worth the hassle. I was literally scrubbing my eyes with good eye makeup remover - and if it's good, the mascara usually comes off within 4 wipes. If you leave a little bit of mascara on your eye without realizing and try to put more on the next morning, it won't go on and I looked as if I had about 3 tiny eyelashes. This mascara really is nice when it's on - but not worth the hassle of trying to put it on really quickly or trying hard to take it off.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by Kathyyyyu

I'm Korean & naturally have really short eyelashes and I'm always willing to spend a little extra for mascara, but this was a huge disappointment. It coats & barely curls but there's no length or volume. Before this I tried Sephora's Full Action Extreme Effect Mascara and I will be going back to it.