April 20, 2014 | 1311 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2012 6:49:00 PM More reviews by maconly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Well, I've given it a month, and this mascara is just average. I consider myself a mascara connoisseur, having tried most of the high-end brands(I'm getting there!). This is no better then a Loreal or the like. The best thing this mascara has going for it is the wand. Wow, it's amazing. The end of it does lift and separate the lashes well, but the formula takes too long to dry. So, applying multiple coats (which you have to do with this stuff), takes forever, and the clumping is just annoying. I'm going back to Hypnose Drama, and I'll use the Benefit for lengthening, and I will hang onto the wand :(

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2012 7:27:00 AM More reviews by jinglingjambo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Didn't understand the hype of this product.
Waited for it to come out and couldn't wait to try it.
I was very disappointed as it was just a bog standard mascara, nothing special. Little bit clumpy, not much curl or lengthening, just blah :(

Will not repurchase as this mascara is nothing special.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2012 7:26:00 PM More reviews by Seanna4444

Awesome mascara! I look for length mostly in a mascara above volume. And this mascara sure lengthens! It doesn't volumize as much, so if you are looking for volume I would try the BhadGal Lash instead. It isn't clumpy as everybody says you just have to get used to the brush and formula as it isn't like many other mascaras. It is very wet especially when it is brand new. At first I would layer a dryer mascara under it, about two weeks after it's opened it can be used on it's own. The name really suits the product, if used properly this can really look like you are wearing false lashes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2012 6:59:00 PM More reviews by pocky

This is not a bad mascara but it's not HG material and I will not be repurchasing, given its price. The mascara is very wet so I have to always wipe off tons of excess mascara if I don't want to make a mess of my lashes. It gives decent lengthening and thickening, but nothing special and certainly not as good as my Cover Girl Lash Perfection. The wierd bristles at the end of the wand don't do anything for reaching corner lashes. It's actually a little hard to use and I gave up before I poked my eyes out. I liked how this mascara didn't flake or clump, but the wet formula turned my lashes spike-looking instead of lush and full. I certainly never got any dramatic results.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2012 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Ruiz4books

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this mascara, but for the price I paid, I should love it. I does what it says, it gives me amazing lashes, my sister even told me it looked like I had false eyelashes on. However, it's not consistent, some days I find myself having to put little effort into getting good lashes, other days no matter how hard I try, I get clumpy lashes. That's another problem, it can clump very easily, its a thin line between amazing lashes and awful lashes. Another issue I have is that is such a PAIN to remove! Even with my Clinuque Take the Day Off Balm, which removes everything so easily, I have to massage my eyes for like 20 minutes and even then I'm still left with smudges under my eyes! If this mascara was 10 bucks, I would absolutely adore it, because it does give you dramatic eyelashes w/o having to use falsies. However, I feel like the cons just don't make it worth the money. I won't be repurching this again. I much prefer Urban Decay's super curling mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/14/2012 4:19:00 PM More reviews by funnygirlup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Holy expensive *horrible* mascara Batman! I admit, this was a splurge, $29.00 at Shoppers in Canada.
The brush is peculiar, with that little ball on the end, which really seemed kind of brilliant, as it would get those little lashes in the corner of the eye. The brush itself is pretty genious.
The formula is the problem. Too liquidy, too much gets on the brush and beyond 1 coat it's a chunky, clumpy mess. I've never liked Benefit mascara and this is another fail.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2012 4:00:00 AM More reviews by Sesed

Like this mascara. It does make your lashes look very long and thick. The only problem I find is that it smudges a lot, so if you have oily skin or almond eyes like myself it's probably not suitable for you.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2012 7:31:00 PM More reviews by pacita

awful mascara, it does nothing, difficult to apply and remove, doesnt give volume and length, doesnt hold the curl. A total waste of money.the only thing good is the tip of the brush works fine for bottom lashes, i guess it would work well for someone with really full lashes.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2012 11:53:00 AM More reviews by buttercup9386

Okay. Conflicted feelings here.
I LOVE the way this mascara goes on, and it makes my lashes really dramatically curly! It has deteriorated over time and doesn't add as much length because it's gotten clumpier, but that's to be expected over a year. (yes I am gross and keep my mascaras for a year)

BUT it is virtually impossible to get this stuff off. Think waterproof to the max. I use makeup remover, then oil, then water, and still there's a lot of the waxy formula left on my lashes. This makes me not want to apply it unless it's a really special occasion. And that's kind of lame- you want to apply your mascara freely and if it's nice, use it whenever you want. I can't buy this again because of the awful formula.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2012 3:30:00 AM More reviews by Noratif

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this product by chance when the lady at Sephora suggested it to me. I never heard anything about it before.

However, I have been using it for quite some time now and i think i can rate it.

Overall, it really makes my lashes long and thick, even though i would say it gives more length than thickness.

I like how it opens my eyes and brightens them too.

The cons are: you can't apply many layers it it will get clumpy and thick that you cant fix. Basically, if you apply more than two layers your lashes will stick together and look really bad.

Moreover, i also noticed that it is very hard to get it off by facial oil, make up wipes, soap ... you name it! You will always have some residue that wont go away easily.

Its not a big deal, but sometimes it annoys me especially that i dont buy water proof mascara.

Because it kinda get glued to your lashes, i also think that it results in weak lashes on the long run. Before using it my lashes where longer and thicker.

Finally, despite everything i would still buy this again, maybe only once until i find a better mascara.