BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

3.4

2058 reviews

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. N° 05827/N

on 8/2/2013 6:31:00 PM

I received this mascara as a sample and I hated it. The brush is oddly shaped and painfully pokes your lids as you use it. Also, I found that it clumped easily and neither lengthened nor volumized my lashes. I threw it away. Don't waste your money.

on 8/2/2013 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I have received over 3 deluxe samples of this mascara from many beauty bags, and I really really really wanted to love this. After giving this mascara many chances, I have to say this is not the one for me. There are definitely pros and cons to this, and while there are many raves about this mascara, heck its even part of the Sephora birthday gift..... I still don't like it enough.

First, I have... difficult lashes. Actually difficult wouldn't even begin to describe how uncooperative my lashes have been in the past. When I first started using this mascara, I was in love. It did everything I was looking for! A great formula to really lengthen my lashes, give it volume and just make my eyes look all the more attractive. It does last all day, and this great formula (and the brush applicator thing) is why this product is so popular.

However, I started to encounter a few big flaw with this mascara. This mascara does lengthen and give lashes that "false eyelashes" look that we always see in Hollywood glamour.... but when I use this, I notice my eye lashes just continue to clump, creating the "spider web" lashes (does this make sense?)! I know that is something some people like, but not for me. I like my lashes more fuller, with little to no clumping. The second turn off for me was how difficult it is to remove this mascara! To clarify, this product is by no means waterproof! When in a humid, or wet environment this smudges like crazy, you'll have raccoon eyes in no time! What I mean is that it's hard to remove the clumps at the end of the day. I have used a total of 3 different eye make up removers (Neutrogena, Elizabeth Arden & Clinique), it still took a decent amount of time to remove this product from my eyelashes.

Comparing this to Maybeline's The Rocket Mascara, the alternative is better (in my opinion). It's cheaper (9$), creates full lashes just like Benefit's They're Real and they are almost clump free! To make things better, it's also easier to remove.

I still have two new deluxe sized samples of this mascara, and it is something I don't mind having in my stash... however I can promise that I will not be purchasing the full size.

on 8/2/2013 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Well, I think I just found a HG mascara- this stuff is AMAZING! The brush is awesome, it gets every little lash, and it separates them beautifully. And it gives you BIG HUGE Barbie lashes! I love it - I just wish it was waterproof, but so far, no smudging. I'm really, really happy with this!

I originally got a sample of this product and after using it once went and bought the actual product, I love it! Now I love the long, false eyelashes look and so have used hundreds of mascaras trying to achieve this and non have worked as well as this one. It makes my lashes look incredibly long and really does give a false lash effect, it can go a bit clumpy but I just use a tool to part my eyelashes afterwards. I can understand why some people don't like it because it does give you massive eyelashes and so if you like a more natural look then it's not for you but personally, I love it!

on 7/31/2013 12:14:00 PM

I love this mascara! It give you great volume as well as a thick black colour just like fake lashes do, I wear it whenever I go out in the evening and sometimes in the day but it does feel heavy so I tent to leave it for the evening. This mascara has two down sides, one it is really hard to get off, although if you get it wet it will run and two it sometimes clots on your eyes goes quite clumpy, but over all a good product and saves all the hassle of putting on fake lashes! I would recommend this product highly and will be buying it again!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I have a serious love-hate relationship with this mascara. I still kick myself for spending $22 on a mascara that I hardly reach for, but I try my best to work with it. Sometimes it adds just the right amount of volume and length, and other times I feel like my lashes look clumpy. The worse part is taking it off. I swear I use an eye makeup remover and then makeup remover wipes to get the mascara off, and sometimes even after I wash my face with my cleanser that is know for removing makeup very well, I still have remnants of the mascara around my eyes. I'm starting to get more into Benefit Cosmetics, as it is quickly turning into one of my favorite high-end brands, but I can't get with this mascara. It costs too much to sometimes be nice and other times be unflattering. This was my first time trying a pricey mascara, but because of the inconsistencies, I'll be sticking to my favorite drugstore brands.

on 7/30/2013 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Great lengthening however not very voluminous. Good staying power, did not flake. Love the brush with the rounded end, great for defining the lashes. Very black but not as black as others I've used. Looked better when I used my Dior lash primer but really looking for that one HG mascara that volumizes and lengthens, this is not it!

on 7/30/2013 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I didn't like this for the simple fact that it smudged and didn't add appreciable volume. I prefer Lancome Hypnose drama and Loreal Voluminous original.

on 7/30/2013 7:30:00 PM

Loved this- after I figured out you have to use another mascara as a "primer." I use a run-of-the-mill Cover Girl mascara first, then when it dries, I apply this to my lash ends. Wow....the difference is remarkable. Adds lots of length and doesn't give me raccoon eyes.

on 7/30/2013 12:29:00 AM

Can i just say that i LOVE this mascara! I bought the miniature one for $10 and i love it! My lashes are already pretty long and kinda thick, but this gives my lashes that BAM POW factor! My lashes look fantastic! I can honestly say this is the best mascara i have ever had!

Video Reviews & Tutorials