July 24, 2014 | 1791 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2012 4:14:00 PM More reviews by aak16

I bought this because the girl at Sephora said it's the best. Funny how different mascaras work differently for different people, but I didn't like this. It didn't separate my lashes and the more coats I applied, the clumpier it got. Not worth the money... I think Maybelline's mascaras do a better job at separating lashes and making them look fuller.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2012 12:54:00 AM More reviews by Dekilah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have come to like this mascara those it does take some technique (only minor) to apply. It will make you look like you have fake lashes, so do not expect this to look real, but rather dramatic. I have the smaller size, not the full size.

The formula is somewhat thick, but creamy. The brush is different than a lot of mascaras in that it has tiny spikes instead of bristles and it has a long section, then a round tip.

I like this mascara for times when I want a more dramatic look and for photo shoots. For me, it is a little too much for day time or natural look use. But it gives me gorgeous thick, fake-looking lashes for dramatic smokey-eyes and evening looks.

Here is my technique: I pull the wand out and wipe the extra off the ball tip on the edge of the tube (usually swipe and rotate and swipe again, four times total). I then wiggle the long part on the outer two thirds of my top lashes. I generally keep the tip angled out because I prefer my inner lashes less coated. I then use the long part to get my inner lashes. Then I use the ball tip to lengthen out the tips of the outside ends.

While I do like this mascara and will continue to use it until I run out, I doubt I will repurchase it, especially in the full size.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2012 7:58:00 PM More reviews by Vferent

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Either they changed the formula or my eyelashes have got shorter, cause, I used to swear by this mascara, and now, it's only good for volume, not length. Used to give both, but now I need at least 2-3 coats and an eyelash curler to get good results. Would buy for the voluminous look that's great for evenings and makes a statement. May I add it is HELL to remove, major panda eye alert!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2012 3:43:00 PM More reviews by abbyevans

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have very short eyelashes, but this mascara manages to make them appear longer and thicker. I like the wand for precision, and it doesn't clump easily. Overall very good mascara, the down side is the price! Luckily it lasts for a long time

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2012 3:08:00 PM More reviews by Walko

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an ok mascara. My usual from benefit is badgal which I actually prefer.As for looking like false lashes I don't think so , not on me anyway.This is definitely more volumising than lengthening.This is actully good if layered on top of another mascara,Jordana best lash extreme volumising mascara for example, a really good combination.I just don't rate it that highly on it's own.It is a lovely black colour, and unlike some reviewers, I don't find it at all hard to remove.I wouldn't buy this again though as for what it is it's not worth it.There's just as good or better a lot cheaper Jordana for example, which is a gift.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2012 12:10:00 PM More reviews by astralpantheress

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like this mascara, but it is definitely the best mascara I have ever used.
What I like about it is that it doesn't smudge, it doesn't clump my lashes (but you have to work quickly), it has nice colour payoff and it lasts for a whole day. The brush is okay to work with, but I don't like how it ends, because in my opinion this is what delivers unwanted emount of product to the inner corner of the eye and it simply looks horrible after that.
I wouldn't describe it as your-lashes-but-better mascara, but it is very close to it. It definitely makes my lashes look longer and fuller, but it can become clumpy, as I stated before.
I don't know what else I would exactly describe as a con, but it just doesn't fit to me for 100% like my most favourite mascara.

Overall it is quite good mascara, but too expensive for what it does - or rather doesn't.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2012 6:23:00 AM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a good mascara, but I wouldn't repurchase simply because I'm sure there's a mascara out there that's better. In fact, I've found a few in the drugstore. I dropped like $23 on this mascara (my first high end mascara, actually) and that's pretty expensive for me for a mascara that you have to replace every three months.
With that said, without thinking about the price or how it compares to other mascaras I've tried, I do like this. My mother actually thought I was wearing fake eyelashes when I wore this for the first time, but I honestly didn't think it looked great enough to make that mistake. This mascara doesn't really hold a curl very well and I find that I have to curl my eyelashes again after the first coat which I know isn't the greatest for your lashes, but after that it does look very, very good. I like that it's a buildable mascara. I also like the metallic packaging and the formula. It's not too clumpy and it's not too wet. It's very easy to remove. However, I've noticed that in the middle of the day this mascara smudges below my eye and I only put it on my upper lashes... I've never had that happen with any other mascara.
I think the reasons why I don't love this mascara are because of the price and the fact that I've used drugstore mascaras that I like better.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 6:53:00 PM More reviews by 17rosenk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really, really love this mascara! It lengthens and volumizes and it just makes my eyelashes look really good! However, you have to put it on slowly because it can be a clumpy mess if you don't. Also its a bit hard to get off. But overall, I LOVE this mascara!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 10:41:00 AM More reviews by goldneye

LOVE this mascara. I have nearly non-existant lashes and have tried every drugstore, Avon, Designer brand imaginable. Most all exaggerate.

Saw this item on one of the shopping channels and had a 20% coupon for Ulta, so it was worth a try.

I actually have lashes now. Mascara is buildable, no spider legs. They even have a "travel" size available.

Finally!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2012 9:32:00 AM More reviews by Astrida5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this mascara! It doesn't give volume to my lashes but it definitely separates them and gives a lot of length. I don't mind the volume because length is the most important thing for me in a macara. ( i gave 4 lippies because of the volume)