October 22, 2014 | 1154 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2013 1:19:00 PM More reviews by phoenixg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My favorite mascara! Doesn't clump too badly and makes my lashes look like mine but better. It's expensive, but worth it in my opinion. I wear it everyday.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by keeponsingin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been on the hunt for a mascara that adds major volume, definition, length and DRAMA, and Benefit definitely hit the mark on this one!

My natural lashes are very long, thick, curly, and black (to the point that people think I'm wearing mascara even when I'm not), so I need a mascara that really brings it to make my lashes really stand out.

Most products I've used are pretty lackluster, and require layering of 2-3 different ones in order to achieve the look I'm going for, but then often ends up in a clumpy mess unless I work very quickly and am careful about which products I use at the same time.

With Benefit's They're Real mascara, I can get that false lash look with just one product! Not only that, but there is zero to no clumping. It lifts, separates and defines, and really lasts without flaking or anything.

Not only that, but the formula is great. It feels very light on your lashes, not heavy like so many others.

Best mascara I have ever used!

UPDATE: Maybelline's Rocket mascara is a great dupe for this, and L'Oreal Double Extend gives more of a false lash look. Both are significantly cheaper, so I do not plan on repurchasing this product, even though I do like it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2013 11:07:00 AM More reviews by Fieeeh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I tried this out after seeing all the hype about this mascara - I'm not sure what I think about it. It's like putting liquid rubber on your lashes, it's so gooey! I've never had a mascara make little "c"'s at the ends of my lashes, from the excessive mascara curling down - it's kind of hard to explain, but it's like the mascara is too runny/gooey. The effect is really nice though, I LOVE how much it lengthens my lashes, but I had to work really fast to coat all my lashes, because it does not look too good with more than 2 layers!
It smudges on my extremely oily skin though, I've worn it for about 7 hours now, and I have shadows under my eyes - I bet I look like a raccoon in a few more hours.

I am curious to see how hard it is to get off too, will update :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2013 2:54:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received this as a free gift from Sephora for my birthday. While I think it did a great job of lengthening my eyelashes, it took a couple of swipes from the wand to give me the thickness I was looking for and then it became a bit goopy to work with. I did get the dramatic effect I was looking for, just feel there are better mascaras out there that can do that without any tacky feel to my lashes. I will use my tube up for now and then move on to something else.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 5:00:00 PM More reviews by qdo2599

My HG mascara!! Love this product! I've tried tons of mascara (Loreal, Maybelline, Dior, Lancome, etc.) and this is my favorite! I've come to realize that everyone's eyelashes are different therefore every eye has different needs. Some may love this some may hate it. After trying all of those other mascaras - I've realized they may work for others but not for me. This mascara is amazing at lengthening. It's really easy to apply - no clumping for me. It's also very volumizing. Everyone that I've recommended it to loves it to. For reference - I'm Vietnamese with decent eyelashes but have also recommending to other Asian friends with short sparse eyelashes and they love it too.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2013 12:25:00 PM More reviews by singwritenow

There is certainly no "benefit" to wearing this lackluster mascara, one of the worst, if not THE WORST mascaras I have EVER used. Thankfully, I didn't pay for it since it was included as a free birthday gift in my most recent online Sephora order. I will chime in with other reviewers that this mascara is the queen of clumpy, as hard to remove as waterproof mascara, makes my lashes look thin and spidery, and last but not least, makes my lashes look dry and brittle. This mascara deserves a zero rating.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2013 5:00:00 PM More reviews by orangefairy

I bought a small sample package when I was in the UK. I like it. Benefit rarely disappoints. I mean, it CAN disappoint, but it's not often. This makes your lashes THICK. I like to use it like this. I put a coat of this on first, then I put a couple of coats of L'OREAL X4 on top. It makes my lashes HUGE.
You can't go wrong with this.
Beware it dries quickly, so you have to work fast

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2013 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Christac3698

So I saw this from another person who reviewed "They're Real" and I have to agree. I do love the way that my lashes look upon application and throughout the day, hence the two lippies. What I do not like and ulitmately made me stop using this product is what it did to my lashes. :( My lashes are medium/long, but they do need a bit of volume. "They're Real" gave me additional length and the volume that I liked, but getting the stuff off was ridiculous. I tried to stay with it and try different eye make-up removers, but ulitmately, I needed to stop using this product to get my lashes to get my lashes back into shape. I've gone back to switching between Lancome and Dior, and get similar results and less damage to my lashes. In addition to the damage to my lashes, I noticed that only after 2 weeks, the tube seemed to be drying up. Another downside to the product.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2013 11:49:00 AM More reviews by karolein

This is one of the worst mascaras I ever had.
It doesn't seperate the lashes at all, they stick together. It's clumpy. It dries too fast, so I can't apply another coat. The result is really poor.
And I have no words for this terrible brush!
I was really careful with the application, because this brush is so spiky. However it hurt my left eye, I was so mad at it that dumped it. It's a miracle to me how this product gets such good reviews.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2013 7:15:00 AM More reviews by Chooqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So the first thing to say is that I absolutely love the effect of this mascara. However I agree with other reviewers that you need to move fast if you don't want your lashes to clump in an unattractive fashion
But that's not my gripe. The BUT and it's a mahoosive one is that it's nigh on impossible to get off. I use an oil based cleanser that removes the heaviest make up and it just doesn't touch this stuff. It was so hard to remove that I actually had to go and buy new eye make-up remover to see if that worked. It did, but only after several panic-inducing minutes of soaking. Even more upsetting is the fact that when I finally removed the pads, several eyelashes (on each eye) came with it, which, when you don't have the most luxurious lashes in the first place, was horrifying
So, summary, if you have the toughest lashes in the world, go for your life. Unfortunately, for me, the substantial downside outweighs the upside. Into the bin it goes - money wasted....