Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm

3.5

Polybutene, Octyldodecanol, Isopropyl Myristate, Petrolatum, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Polyethylene, Ozokerite, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter / Shea Butter, Diisostearyl Malate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Vp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Parfum / Fragrance, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Aroma / Flavor, Silica, Isopropyl Palmitate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Limonene, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Benzyl Benzoate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Aluminum Hydroxide, Citral, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Tin Oxide, Geraniol, Eugenol, Aloe Barbadensis Extract / Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Mel / Honey / Miel, Calcium Pantothenate, Ascorbic Acid, Dimethicone, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen. May Contain: CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, MICA, CI 45410 / Red 28 Lake, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 15850 / Red 7, CI 45380 / Red 22 Lake, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake. CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 15985 / Yellow 6 Lake, CI 75470 / Carmine].

on 2/4/2012 11:29:00 PM

I just went and got this product today and I actually really like it. Most chapsticks or lip balm it makes me want to lick it off because it feels like it's drying on my lips, but not this one. I can actually let this one stay on. I also really like the smell and the color tint it gives my lips :D Plus the tube is so cute. I guess it's not for everybody though, but for me, I love it. I totally want to go out and buy it in a different scent.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Horrible. I couldn't tell if it was effective or not because I couldn't stand to use it for more than 2 days. Buttery, yes, but it also had that vile "SPF lip balm" after taste. Smells awful. Horribly childish packaging. All in all, pretty bad.

on 2/4/2012 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Not sure about anyone else but I really wanted to like this--even going back and buying another. This product dried my lips out, badly!

I used and re-used and tried to even brush my lips before application but still my lips were dried from this stuff. I eventually did some research online and found other reviews similar to mine-many had experienced dried lips. I then called Maybelline Headquarters and told them what was happening and they were nice enough to send me two coupons for $5 off of any Maybelline product which I gladly used at ULTA stores.

Typically I like Maybelline prods but this just didn't cut the mustard for me. Burt's Bees and Loreal Lip Balm work like magic and my lips are now smooth and supple. Sorry Maybelline, Baby Lips made my lips feel like sandpaper.

on 2/4/2012 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this.I feel like it really does help my lips over time.I bought this in Pink Punch and it's a barbie pink color.I wanted the one in the purple tube i think its called Peach Kiss? but walmart only have 2 of these left the clear one or the pink one so I bought this one for $2.97.It's a little to loud to wear to school :( but it still a good buy.Overall I would buy this again hopefully thy'll have more to choose from.

on 2/4/2012 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

It's not available yet in the UK (to my knowledge), so I brought mine's from eBay. I purchased the shades Peppermint, Pink Punch, Cherry Me and Grape Vine. Of these, I disliked Grape Vine (leaves a sheer, light purple tint) the most; it leaves a sticky, horrible feeling on the lips and its smell is cheap and tacky.
Peppermint is a clear balm, and scented according to its name (as all of them are). Pink Punch is a nice light pink and in my opinion, is the bes scented of all of them. Cherry Me is the least used (from the three that I like), for no apparent reason, I just find myself hovering towards the Pink Punch and Peppermint more often. Its a nice red colour, but its better to apply it sheer.
I find that over-applying these leaves a tacky look, and its better to apply these sheer; and not slather them on. Applying them sheer makes it less likely for them to dry out. When I applied too much, I found it stuck in a horrible way to my lips making them look cakey and disgusting. LESS IS MORE! Pay attention to that.
LOVE the fact that there's SPF20 in all! Good to wear everyday.
Pricing is reasonable. Decent product, with certain shades, but I think that it performs reasonably well compared to other high-end, more expensive products.
Hope this helps anyone considering to buy it :D
By the way, if you're wondering why I got Grape Vine if I didn't like the colour or scent, its because the sellers I purchased from on eBay were selling them in packs of 4.

on 2/4/2012 12:47:00 PM

Overall this product is great! The packaging is very unique and I wanted it the second I saw the ad! I was a little hesitant getting the darker colors, but it's actually pretty sheer but still buildable. It actually goes on pretty thin, but it instantly makes my lips smOoth! Just make sure you dont put it on too often because it might dry your lips out. The cap sortof snaps on and after having mine a while the top would actually slide right off without trying to :/ also if u drop it enough the different pieces will literally fall apart. But its still fineto use. You go through a tube pretty quick but the price is cheap and it's worth it. Definitely recommend it.

PROS:
-Around $4AUD, even less in the US and Canada
-Cute packaging, the font and colours are nice
-Smell is not revolting, in fact quite sweet but not overpoweringly so
-Gives lips a buttery texture and sheen

CONS:
-Extremely buttery, so with daily use it can go quite quickly, more for those who dont use it 10 times a day, maybe once or twice a day
-It has a WEIRD aftertaste. I dont know how to describe it. Sort of chemically-frangrantly-waxy. Weird.

I bought this because my lips were a little dry, and I happened to see a new display of them out on the counter. I remembered seeing the commercials for it and Maybelline has always been a brand I've known and trusted.

I didn't care too much for the packaging, but if the product worked well I could get past that, but it was a complete flop.

It went on thick and extremely waxy, and yet it seemed to wear off in no time. But then again maybe it only seemed that way because it didn't moisturize or hydrate my lips at all as it claimed it would, it literally seemed to suck any moisture I might have had in the skin on my lips out, because I went from my lips being a little dry to being totally chapped and cracked.

I would not buy this again or recommend it..

on 2/2/2012 11:43:00 AM

Sorry, big fail for me. Bought Peach Kiss on sale at Superstore today for $4 CAN. Nice peachy color, slightly shimmery in the tube, smells GREAT and goes on nice and smooth! However, no color or shine at all on the lips, very strong sunscreen taste and believe it or not, I found this to rapidly dry out my lips (within thirty minutes...) Will not be purchasing again and in fact, I am going to email Maybellline right now... AVOID.
ps. The packaging is really juvenile , but I thought I could over look that based on so many rave reviews... not.

on 2/2/2012 11:10:00 AM

I bought this product in clear peppermint (it was the only one left).

I am a lip balm hoarder, but this is my absolute favourite lip balm! I am a notorious lip biter/peeler (really bad habit!) and this balm got rid of my cracked lips and loose skin. My lips look flawless - very smooth and soft. I no longer bite or peel my lips :) I am very happy.

Popular Lip Treatments