October 1, 2014 | 1846 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2012 6:04:00 PM More reviews by shamrocklady

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Omg...this is my product of the year. I bought these in quenched and peppermint and they are the best lip balms I have ever used. I choose these two because they have no pigmentation and wanted to see if they truly work or just cover up dry lips. I can honestly say they work and my lips have improved so much since I've purchased them. They are not "addictive" in the sense that my lips dry right up if I don't use them like some other balms have done to me. I will definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2012 5:45:00 PM More reviews by LindaYAY

I have these in two colors: Pink Punch and Grape Vine. If I could review them separately, I would give Grape Vine 5 lippies and Pink Punch 3 lippies. For me, Grape Vine is the ideal tinted lip balm: slight scent, moisturizing, sheer color and doesn't accentuate my chapped lips, but rather camouflages them and makes them look good. Pink Punch has a stronger scent, which I don't mind, but it also accents my chapped lips and makes them look gross. Pink Punch, for me, is a shade that only looks good applied lightly to well-moisturized lips. I think it would especially suit lighter skin tones, while Grape Vine might suit medium-darker skin tones.

For right now, I like Grape Vine. In the spring/summer, I'll probably gravitate more to Pink Punch or Cherry Me, which I'm planning on purchasing soon.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2012 9:41:00 PM More reviews by HeidiF69

I bought Cherry Me and Pink Punch and was really surprised at how much I liked both of them! I got them on a buy one get one half off deal at Rite Aid where they were already on sale. So about $3 for one and $1.50 for the other. My lips are always dry and sensitive and these worked so well. They really last for several hours without reapplying. The cherry is a pretty light red stain, and the Pink Punch is a Barbie pink. I go easy with that one to keep it more sheer. I do recommend these, they taste good and really work.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2012 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Jmberry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I mostly like this lip balm but I have a few quibbles with it. I got it in Quenched, which is clear. It has a light, sweet smell/taste which I don't find bothersome. I actually love the way this makes my lips look; smooth, glossy and supple. Like most balms I have tried it doesn't last as long as I would like. The packaging seems flimsy. After having it for a few weeks the lid doesn't seem to snap on as tight as it should. I'm not overly impressed by the color and design of the packaging but it's honestly not something I care that much about. Everything seems appropriate for the price. I would like to try one of the tinted versions so I will probably repurchase. I added the ingredient listing as well (found it on Ulta's website).

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2012 8:37:00 PM More reviews by livenatso

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this in peppermint on a whim because my lips were incredibly dry, chapped and scabby (gross I know).

It was cheaper ($3.99 if I remember correctly) than the other lip balms on sale at the walmart I was at and I found it to be quite moisturising and my poor lips definitely look and feel a lot better since using it.

A lot of the reviews say that it doesn't last a very long time, but that isn't the case for me. It lasts a decent amount of time on my lips.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2012 2:14:00 PM More reviews by theluscioushellcat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have two of these, Cherry Pie which is really quite pink/red, and Quenched, which is clear. Both taste good,feel silky and moist. Doesn't last forever, but then I didn't expect that from this product. UPDATE: I won one of these from entering the contest on Facebook - they sent me the peach one. It is not orangey. at all, much more nude. I like!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2012 10:56:00 PM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought 2 of these, and really I don't think they are good balms. They wear off quickly, and my lips just did not feel moisturized. These are just hanging around the bottom of my gym bag, to be used when I can't find anything else.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2012 10:44:00 PM More reviews by TheeOriginalBooBooKatie

I give just about every new lip balm on the market a shot, this one included. All I can say is "eh." I'm going to stick with QTica Intense Lip Repair. Been using it for 3 years and I haven't found anything else that comes close to its lasting hydration and the smoothness it gives my lips. Yes, it's about $7 a tube but one tube lasts at least 6 months.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by BonnieD

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought cherry me which looked fantastic on my lips. Now I'm not sure of anyone knows if the claims of this lip balm on the back of the package are actually true - I find this as another decent lip balm, and is honestly a bit overhyped. Everywhere I go, this product is sold out. I live in Canada and the price can be relatively high for one of these - as high as $6.99!!!! If I get the chance to I'd try other shades, but I find that cherry me is just another regular lip balm with a slight tint

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2012 9:36:00 PM More reviews by CreativeGesture

I brought Maybelline's "Baby Lips Lip Balm" (tinted Lip Balm) a few months ago in the colour #pink punch. Im not usually a big fan of lip balms but I had heard great things about this product so I figured I would try it out!
The product itself is very moisturizing and the colour is very pigmented. I got quite a surprise when I first applied #Pink Punch to my lips because it is truly a bright pink colour. The colour is beautiful and I like the fact that it contains SPF so it will care for your lips on hot sunny days. The colour however doesn't stay on your lips for hours however when I use a lip scrub or baby toothbrush and exfoliate my lips it does stay on ALOT longer.
...
[Pros]
- Highly Pigmented
- Affordable
- Scented
- Contains SPF
- Moisturizing
- Packaging is secure
- Lasts approx 1-2 hours on my lips (May be different for other people)
- Comes in a selection of shades.
...
[Cons]
- Didn't last as long I expected
...
Overall I WOULD buy this product again, It smells good, feels good and I love how pigmented it is, Plus it was relatively inexpensive. I would love to try this product in other shades. I would recommend this product to others if they are interested in a tinted lip balm that truly protects your lips and cares for them.