Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm

3.6

Polybutene, Octyldodecanol, Isopropyl Myristate, Petrolatum, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Polyethylene, Ozokerite, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter / Shea Butter, Diisostearyl Malate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Vp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Parfum / Fragrance, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Aroma / Flavor, Silica, Isopropyl Palmitate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Limonene, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Benzyl Benzoate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Aluminum Hydroxide, Citral, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Tin Oxide, Geraniol, Eugenol, Aloe Barbadensis Extract / Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Mel / Honey / Miel, Calcium Pantothenate, Ascorbic Acid, Dimethicone, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen. May Contain: CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, MICA, CI 45410 / Red 28 Lake, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 15850 / Red 7, CI 45380 / Red 22 Lake, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake. CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 15985 / Yellow 6 Lake, CI 75470 / Carmine].

on 1/23/2012 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I was a little surprised when I saw all the negative reviews here. I have three of these, the plain peppermint and the Pink Punch, and Peach Kiss.
I find these to be pretty moisturizing. Yes, I've had much better lip balms, but these aren't bad. Peppermint (which is not tinted) was pretty basic; it didn't really tingle like some minty lip balms do, and didn't have much of a taste, which I didn't mind. Again, moisturizing was okay, although I probably have to reapply this more than other lip balms. Pink Punch (which is tinted), wasn't so nice though. It was about as moisturizing as the Peppermint, but the color looked horrible on me. It was a very cool bubblegum pink, and was not flattering. I'm sure it looks great on other skin tones though! Peach Kiss is much better. It doesn't give of much color, but more of a muted shimmer. It doesn't stand out as much as Pink Punch, and is much more flattering and easy to wear.
I probably won't repurchase the Peppermint, and definitely will not be getting Pink Punch again. However, I might repurchase Peach Kiss.

on 1/23/2012 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought the red color..Cherry something. The color is OK..but it does dry my lips out and worst of all is the taste. Blech! Very strong perfume.
Guess it's back to my Dr. Pepper lipsmackers!

on 1/23/2012 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was disappointed by this product! The packaging sure is adorable, but the actual lip balm itself didn't do amazing things. I bought the peppermint one, and I didn't like it at all. It barley made my lips soft, and it quickly faded off my lips after just minutes.... it didn't moisturize whatsoever!

on 1/23/2012 12:17:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I haven't tried the other colors but the pink is bad. It must have some white pigment in it (maybe from the sunblock) because it isn't very sheer and it's an unflattering, milky bubblegum shade.

on 1/23/2012 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Cute packaging, bad product. I scooped up a bunch of these when they first came out without checking the reviews on Makeup Alley.

Bad idea.

Are these marketed as a lip balm? If so they lied because they dried out my lips (don't know how but they did).

Not good, not good, not good.

on 1/22/2012 11:55:00 PM

I didn't like this product... It didn't stay on at all. It was very greasy. I got the peach one and it tastes awful. I have to keep replying it and now I feel sick from the taste. I only paid a few bucks and it does have adorable packaging.

on 1/22/2012 11:51:00 PM

So like many others, I bought this because of the hype. I admit I was very skeptical when I first got them. When I first opened them they kind of looked cheap, almost like plastic. I own Quenched, Cherry Me, and Pink Punch. I wouldn't say I'm in love with them but I do really like them, mostly for the cute packaging and yummy flavors/scents. They're not that moisturizing but not drying either. The ones with color in them have surprisingly good pigmentation. I wouldn't say this product is a must-have like others have described but it's worth checking out, especially if you're a tinted lip balm junkie like me. I'd repurchase but I'm not exactly running around trying to get every color. Hope that helps! .

on 1/22/2012 10:58:00 PM

Complete crap. I was suckered in by the cute packaging, which is the only plus this stuff has going for it. It actually dried out my lips something awful. Moral of the story: never send in a cute Maybelline product to do a Chapstick's job. >:/

on 1/22/2012 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this in grapevine & was so excited about this, but what a let down!
1) no flavor or scent. This might be a plus for some but not for me. With fruity names, I expected...something, anything...
2) it lasts about 5 minutes. Then you have to reapply. Drink or eat something and forget it, not even a memory of the stuff.
3) highly pigmented but with very little shine. I usually love pigmented glosses, balms, ect however, it settled into every line and chapped crack. Not pretty. The grapevine is more of a dark berry color and ages your lips if they are chapped even a bit. Not what I was expecting.
I wore this constantly all weekend hoping for a difference in my chapped lips. They are now worse than they were and I went through almost half of a tube bc it wore off so fast. The only thing i liked was the cute packaging. Oh well, live and learn. It was cheap so I didn't mind giving it a shot.

on 1/22/2012 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'll admit, I was initially super skeptical. I liked the cute packaging but the colors and scents threw me off. I have very dry sensitive skin and a very sensitive nose (strong smells and chemical smells make me nauseous and dizzy -it's a severe and recurring problem). In the end, the price, packaging, hydrating claims, and SPF won me over. I liked these, but in the end, went back to natural (as I always do) and am much more satisfied.

There is one more caveat, though. I was expecting sheer coverage -more of a "tint" like most reviews and the packaging promised. I got FULL-ON color.

Popular Lip Treatments