July 25, 2014 | 1368 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips Lip Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2011 8:36:00 PM More reviews by Taffy98

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this product!!! It is supposed to be a lip 'plumper', but it also moisturizes your lips as well! I have the original lip balm, which is 'Quenched'. I really like the smell, and it goes on smoothly. I got it at Bed, Bath, & Beyond for about a $1.99, so it's really cheap and worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2011 4:21:00 PM More reviews by acaciaw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really love this product. With that said, I think loving it depends on choosing the right one for you. I currently own 4 of the 6 that they make (05 Quenched, 20 Grape Vine, 25 Pink Punch, and 30 Peach Kiss). The first one that I purchased was Grape Vine. I wasn't sure what MayBelline meant by tinted, so I tried to play it safe by choosing the color that would look the most natural on me if it was highly pigmented and I chose right. Grape Vine just kind of deepens my natural lip color, which is more of a blue-red than a purple. (I should mention that I am not a huge fan of traditional lipsticks, because, though I wear a good amount of makeup, I think lipstick is what really makes you look "made-up," which I don't really like. I also have extremely dry lips, which have lost most of their color in the last few years and have just started to look generally dehydrated.) As far as the moisturizing goes, it's great when the product is on, but doesn't last after it comes off, very much unlike the color which tends to sink into my lips and give them much needed color even after the feel is gone. The other colors are not my favorite. I saw Peach Kiss on a tutorial and it looked really nice, so I bought it, but the color is a little too subdued for me--it might be good for someone who has a little more color naturally in their lips. Pink Punch, to me, is a very bright, bubble gum pink, which is not really ideal with my coloring. I'm interested in trying the cherry (can't remember what it's called, maybe very cherry), but I'm worried that it will be too red or too bright like the pink. That is one thing to keep in mind, these are colored, but they have more of the effect of making your lips look like they are just naturally that color. Just make sure you choose the right color for you.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/21/2011 2:21:00 PM More reviews by amiraXOXO

This sucks. Sorry. My lips peel from this and it tastes like sunscreen. Eww.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2011 11:47:00 PM More reviews by Rosey55

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have only two so far 1) Cherry Me *super red* 2) Pink Punch *bright pink*. To me I like Cherry me better it has the best tint and smells AH-MAZING!! The package is real pretty too. Plus it's moisturizing which by my mind is AH-MAZING!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2011 12:46:00 PM More reviews by LoveuMuch69

I bought this for my 10 yr old daughter. I tried it on myself and it's not bad at all for a $3.00 drugstore lipbalm. She liked it so much that she recommended it to her friends. Great little lipbalm and very cute tube. I love the colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2011 11:02:00 AM More reviews by tiffers

I bought this because of the super cute packaging, didn't expect too much from a Maybelline balm. I usually favor Nivea's pure and natural series, or Kiehl's. However, this one has been really surprising. Perfect texture, not too waxy or creamy, and sits really well. It feels thin, but really moisturizing lips, unlike some which just sit ontop. No way it lasts 8 hours, but it does last pretty well (a few hours?). I got this in peppermint, and Im going to get pink punch or the peach soon :D.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2011 5:11:00 PM More reviews by ScarletAuroraMB

The packaging is very colorful and cute. I got this in Peppermint. It's very light on the Peppermint unlike most chapsticks and lip balms. It feels very thin on my lips. Which i like! My lips feel very nautrally moist when i wear this, not like i have ten layers of goopy chapstick on. Since it's thin, I don't mind having to reapply this often, im sort of religious at constantly applying lip balms anyway. But for those "it has to last 8 hours or it sucks!" kind of people this is not really all that long lasting. I look forward to trying the pigmented shades!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2011 1:45:00 PM More reviews by hollyms

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this religiously for 4 weeks now (as you must do if you wish to see results) and I can say it DOES work. My lips had lots of damage from my habit of biting them. Almost like scar tissue. I bought two of these - one to keep in my purse and one beside my bed to put on every single night. My lips now look amazing. They look so soft, moist and healthy!! Who cares about how pigmented this stuff is when it's main purpose is to repair your lips!!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2011 5:16:00 PM More reviews by dirtyrichbeautiful

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Pros: moisturizes, hint of color, stays on longer than your average balm

Cons: smells bad, and tastes even worse! It tastes like chemicals, like sunblock. There is no way to get away from the awful flavor! It leaks a little into your mouth while you're wearing it, so you have to endure it for as long as you wear it. Will not purchase again, pretty much strictly due to the taste, but also because it's too expensive for a balm.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2011 2:22:00 PM More reviews by allybee1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Again, I was another one who bought these after seeing such wonderful reviews on them. I have bought peppermint and cherry. Here are my thoughts:
PROS:
-Smells lovely
-Keeps my lips soft and smooth
-Packaging is adorable
CONS:
-Colour bleeds a little around the lips
-Not as cheap as I'd like (about $7 at Shoppers Drug Mart)
-Not as pigmented as I'd like.

I bought the peppermint just for moisturizing, and the cherry to add some everyday colour to my lips. It definitely gives me the "just ate a popsicle" look, but is not the red that I wanted.

Many people are saying these are quite oily, but I find oil based products are what really help my dry winter skin, so I do find these make my lips nice and soft. Would repurchase, but am going to find the Revlon Lip Butters first for better pigmentation.