December 22, 2014 | 1560 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips Lip Balm

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2012 1:34:00 PM More reviews by ReaganLizzie

I really wanted to love this product, truly I did! It's not like I don't like it, but its not anything special. I purchased cherry me and both of the clear ones and was a little disappointed. The cherry one I liked the best, it had a great pop of color and beautiful sheen, but lasted a short time and did not really moisturize. The clear ones were the same, I get better results and the same shine from carmex. I'm not saying don't buy it, but don't be expecting anything too great

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2012 4:00:00 PM More reviews by roxydoglover

I have the, what I call, "Nicki Minaj Pink" gloss (in the Pink tube) because it is the pink the Nicki Minaj looks like she wears. And at first, I thought it would be too much, but it looks so cute and innocent on. I have fair skin with light freckles and the pink actually looked really pretty. I also have the Cherry Me one which is nice because if you put on a lot, it's almost like lipstick, but if you apply it very lightly, it is a nice shade that compliments the face. Can't wait to buy more!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2012 4:52:00 PM More reviews by glamorouskatie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My bestie got me this for Christmas in the bright pink color. I usually wear earth tones, but she took a risk and bought me pink. I LOVE IT. It inspires me to get away from my palette and try something different. I go for dramatic eyes, sheer blush, and bangin' lips when I wear this. It keeps my lips hydrated, and the color is great. Not too sheer, not too bold. Highly recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2012 10:21:00 PM More reviews by arlobabe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Damn New Zealand, we don't have the tinted ones :(

I've tried Anti-Oxidant Berry and Smoothing Cherry, both are great and do the trick.
They work well as a base for lipgloss or stick.

I love that it contains SPF and smells good, not sure that I like the taste.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2012 5:32:00 PM More reviews by Shannap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Granted, I only tried one color of this- cherry me. Still, it was bad enough that I would not purchase another shade, even the clear one. It's very oily to me, which I despise. The shade was very bright red and looked terrible on my light olive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2012 1:39:00 AM More reviews by LilacBubbles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love these. It's a lip balm pretty much but they taste yummy, have SPF, and make your lips look and feel soft. If you have issues with dry lips then you do need something more moisturizing/ healing. But to maintain healthy lips and add a hint of color these are really nice. The packaging is cute and fun too, I love the contrasting color theme. Lip balm is a basic makeup item a lot of brands just don't do anymore so I was happy to see Maybelline release these.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2012 1:24:00 AM More reviews by sunsetbreeze

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I purchased this in Cherry Me. The smell reminds me of those lip smacker balms I used to collect as a child, but the smell is a good smell. I HATE the color. It's a bright red, which I was not expecting. I was expecting something a lot more sheer, that wasn't the case. I definitely will not be wearing this out, or at all. My lips are just as chapped as they were before I used this; the product hasn't helped whatsoever. I should have used my $3.99 to buy Burts Bees lip balm.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2012 1:02:00 AM More reviews by k33m33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I fell in love with the packaging so I decided to buy it. They ran out of the blue one which is clear so I decided to get the nude color in Peach Kiss. My lips do get chapped fast so I'm always in the hunt for some good lip balms. First thing I noticed was that it had a little bit of sparkle in it. Not sure if that goes for all of them though. When I applied it, it actually accentuated the lines on my lips and the little flakes I had. I'll give this line another try and get the clear one and see if that would be better.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2012 4:36:00 PM More reviews by TiaDGB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought this with high hopes after my friend raved to me about it....Stupid me for not reading reviews first (thankfully this product is cheap). Don't get me wrong, it's not absolutely terrible, but I would not buy again and and it really does nothing different than any other balm that I've used. Anybody on here raving about this balm has probably never tried anything better.

PROS
-Adorable packaging. I'm a sucker for cute packaging, and these bright, pretty tubes couldn't be any more aesthetically pleasing to me.
- Provides the perfect amount of sheer color to the lips (the pigmented ones, that is). I have this in 'Pink Punch' which goes on like a sheer Barbie pink.
-They have SPF.
-They smell AMAZING. 'Pink Punch' smells like a cocktail of fruit punch and skittles. Yum!

CONS
-You can taste the SPF. Why would I want a balm that tastes like sunscreen when so many other companies make balms that taste delicious? I know I'm not eating the balm, but what if I lick my lips...Or kiss my boyfriend?
-I don't really like the texture at all. I find it to be very oily and it just kind of sits on your lips inside of sinking in (reminds me of Fresh's balms).
-The pigmented ones actually accentuate any dryness that already exists on your lips. I don't really have a problem with dry lips, but any small flakes that I do have look magnified with this product on.
-Bleeds and feathers terribly.

As far as moisturization goes, this does nothing that any other lip balm wouldn't do lmao. In fact, I think this moisturizes even LESS than most balms because it just sits on the lips. Maybelline claims that over a 4 week period your lips will be visibly renewed.....Well I've been using it for over a month and my lips are just as dry as ever. Many people feel like this is incredibly hydrating because it feels velvety and smooth upon initially application, but all this product does is create a sheen over dry lips instead of soaking in and truly repairing them. I am not impressed with with product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2012 7:56:00 AM More reviews by maddi3boo7

I LOVEEEEE this stuff...ive tried basically all the shades I especially like the bright pink one (which I repurchased several times already) :) & the clear one... My lips were never really dry but this cold weather & my abuse on lipstick (im addicted) has dried them out so after using this I deff noticed an improvement....i dont think this will do much for sumone seeking alot of moisture but i deff like it & the color payoff of the pink one is amazing!!! I recommended this to my friend & she loves it tooo..... :)