September 21, 2014 | 1154 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2005 12:45:00 PM More reviews by GimmeMore

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

What a fantastic find! Great makeup remover- leaves skin and cuticles baby soft- and for me works beautifully as a night moisturizer. Thank you MUA!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2004 11:19:00 PM More reviews by poncho

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great versatile product. I use it at night on my face and it really helps my winter skin. Just a couple of drops in my palm and then I pat it on my face. The best thing is that it is natural and not full of gunk!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2004 7:39:00 PM More reviews by mitabird

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is such a versatile product. I use it on both my hair & skin. It really leaves my ends smooth & soft. When I use it on my skin, I either put in on directly or mix it with my regular moisturizer for extra moisturizing. I love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2004 8:13:00 PM More reviews by KelliCapwell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A great multi-purpose product! Now that it's dry wintertime, I love patting it on my face (don't rub - pat it on and let it soak in). A few drops can be mixed w/ your moisterizer to make it more moisterizing, use on your hair, cuticles - you name it. Used on my skin it never feels greasy - sinks right in! Use it consistently and you will see the difference. Just make sure you get this brand or another that is 100% pure for best results. A staple. Will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2004 5:32:00 PM More reviews by veronique2046

This is such a great product. It's classified here in p'ville as a moisturizer but I don't use this for my face and skin, instead I use it in my hair as a smoothing serum. I had been using Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine for this purpose (which I LOVED), but I wanted to get away from the alcohol in it and the -icones (not that my hair was drying out, I was switching as a precaution since I'm growing my hair out and need to take care of it more now.) The Garnier worked wonderful but I ended up switching to Aquage Ultra Shine Complex. This stuff was outstanding:killed frizzies, added shine, and had no alcohol...BUT it has a ton of -icones in it and was priced at $20 per ounce. I really needed something that was just as good as these other products but without all the chemicals. And I finally found it thanks to the hair board: 100% Pure Jojoba Oil. I found it at my local health food store for about $6, and it lasts a very long time since you only need like 2-3 drops (unlike my Garnier and Aquage where you needed 2-3 pumps.) I put it in my wet hair after shampooing and conditioning and it makes my hair very soft, smooth, no frizzies, and feeling moisturized. My hair has been looking really great as a result of this stuff. After my hairs dry (whether airdried or blow dried) I add a few more drops of this for excellent frizz control and tons of shine. You really can't beat this stuff: Inexpensive, no alcohol, no -icones, no chemicals, just 100% Pure Jojoba Oil. I honestly wish I'd have found this product sooner. Try some out on your hair instead of your current smoothing serum (not too much though) and I'm sure you'll be just as pleased.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2004 11:37:00 PM More reviews by princess_eab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use a cheaper version of this-- NOW-- but if you buy from a high-quality store the prices are similar and the product is the same. I LOVE my jojoba oil. It's such a multipurpose product! I got some (and scented it with rose fragrance) to condition my long, dry hair overnight. I smooth a few capfuls onto the length and underneath, brush with boar bristle brush and braid for the night. This oil has really helped to heal and soften my dry hair-- I saw the difference in about two weeks using it every night. Every woman needs jojoba oil in her cabinet.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2004 10:21:00 AM More reviews by CelestialBlue

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This oil is wonderful. I have very dry skin, after washing I leave my face wet and apply a few drops in my hands, rub together and lightly press onto my face. If absorbs so quickly I can use it under my moisture rich foundation. I have been using this oil for about a month, and have had numerous people say my skin looks great..I purchased at Trader Joe's for $6.99.-I have since found it much cheaper at vitacost.com

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2004 1:56:00 PM More reviews by 1ginger

I bought this product at Trader Joe's for $6.99 after reading the glowing reviews. I agree, my complexion looks very nice with this under my makeup. I use two drops smoothed onto my slightly damp with water face. I receive compliments on my skin. Never before would I get compliments.
Before I used this I would look into the bathroom mirror wishing I could find a skin product to give me a healthy looking skin. Now, because of this website, I have found it. UPDATE: 07/03/05: I am still using the same bottle - it lasts and lasts. Get compliments on my skin. Each night I massage a few drops of the oil into my scalp and wash my hair in the a.m. It gives life to my poor quality hair. I have started putting just one drop smoothed lightly over my just washed and dried thin hair to give it a healthy appearance. So glad I found out about Desert Essence Jojoba Oil on this site!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2004 3:43:00 AM More reviews by FrenchPineAppleBird

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am no longer on a quest to find the *holy grail of moisturizers* I am now on a quest to find the most beautiful dropper bottle on earth for this divine substance...which only happened to cost me 7.00$. When I put this on the ends of my hair, it makes them soft and conditioned. When I put this in my scalp it makes my hair grow faster. When I put this on my cuticles they look like baby fingernails. When I put this on my legs, they shine like a supermodels. BUT WHEN I PUT THIS ON MY FACE!!!!!!*Breath* Imagine you are looking at a chanel models face close up, radiant, invisible pores, soft as butter, no pimples.....Ok...this is when it hits me...THATS MY FACE. When I first tried this product, i broke out with weird deep painful boils all over my cheeks and jaw line. But I continued anyway because this was nothing but the oil doing its job. Getting rid of impurities, cleansing clogged pores. After the boils when away, in about a weeks time my skin was unrecognizable. My pores were smaller. No wait...nevermind that.. they disappeared. My skin felt like a rose petal, and developed a rosey *glow*. I NEVER NEED ANYTHING ELSE!!!

44 out of 46 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2004 6:56:00 PM More reviews by comely

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was skeptical when everyone was raving about an "oil" on the face. Wow, this is it. I've been using it for 2 months on my acne prone skin. No problems. It does moisturize well after using a face cleanser. But now that it is winter, I'm still on the look out for something that penetrates a little more into the skin, since mine can be on the dryer side. But absolutely a remarkable product!!