October 24, 2014 | 1882 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2005 11:27:00 AM More reviews by 405E

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I paid much more to get this jojoba oil in canada(unknown brand, but 100% pure) but I still think it is worth it! I slather the oil on my whole body, and to be honest, it abosrbs much faster than baby oil, olive oil, shea butter, Vaseline, and you don't have to pour out a lot. I will compare it with PC's 10% AHA body lotion.But seriously, I think every woman should place a bottle in theor cabinet.UPDATE: I think it is better suit for hair and face, as for body, cetiphil cream performs much better job.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2005 3:47:00 PM More reviews by sultana44

i have relatively dry skin that is extremely prone to flaking, especially around my nose and in and around my eyebrows. i believe this is due to seborrheic dermatitis or psorasis. regardless, no cream was moisturizing enough for these areas, and it was very difficult to get a smooth makeup application. i decided on my own to try using burt's bees baby bee apricot oil on my face, which worked beautifully. i wash my face with burt's bees orange essence facial cleanser, take off my eye makeup with the oil on a cotton ball (fantastic at this task!!) and then apply the oil all over my face with my hands. i was a bit nervous since i know it's not designed for the face, though. so, i read up on mua, and found the highly recommended jojoba oil. i went right out and bought it, and i usually use it on its own or mix it with the burt's bees oil. you really only need a few drops, and it absorbs very quickly for what it is--about three to five minutes is a good amount of time to wait before applying makeup. i have not broken out from the oil at all, and it controls the dryness and flakiness beautifully all day. my skin feels gloriously soft and smooth all day long, and i have gotten a ton of compliments on how great my skin looks--particularly from my boyfriend! i follow this regimine up with ocean potion sunblock in the morning, and then the bare minerals makeup line, which is also fantastic! i can't recommend using oils enough--my skin has never looked this good! i heard once that creams really smother your skin, and when you think about it, it makes sense--these oils are just what they are with no additional garbage to gunk up your skin. thank you, mua, for allowing me to use only the best products on my skin, and to find all kinds of hidden treasures i never would have known about otherwise!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2005 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Missygrey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is a miracle and I can't preach about it enough. For years I have been using Nivea Crean on my face and it was all that I needed. But in the last couple of years my face started to get very dry and stingy and started to develop rosacea. I searched everywhere, purchased many many products to no avail, spent big time $$$. When a friend of mine mentioned MUA sight...that's when I learned of Jojoba Oil...reading the many positive effects ...I was now on a mission to find this product. I'm from Canada so it was very difficult to get...after a few mts thankfully a friend of mine in the US found it...yeahhh.
Since then my face has been living a new and beautiful life..truthfully. I usually mix 2 or 3 drops with dove moistizer twice a day. The stingy feeling has disappeared, my skin feels brand new. The only thing I would caution is not to apply it too closely to the eye as the oil can cloud your vision a little.
I am now telling everyone about this fantastic product...it's worth a million to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2005 8:51:00 AM More reviews by caitmeg10

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

First off, I do not use Desert Essence brand. I use Aura Cacia, which is available at Whole Foods. It is organic. I am not sure if this makes a big difference but I wanted to clarify.

I use Renova & aspirin mask on my face every other day. This does lead to the flakies often. No moisturizer has been effective enough in smoothing them down at certain times except this oil. I was afraid that it would break me out. It doesn’t at all. At first I used it straight, out of the bottle on my face. I liked it but felt it was too much, too greasy. Now I keep it in the shower and massage it on my face, after cleansing & rinse it off a bit with water. The amount that remains is perfect & at the same time, it seals the moisture in before my skin has a chance to start drying out. I blot my face to dry. It has been perfect. Give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2005 12:45:00 PM More reviews by GimmeMore

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

What a fantastic find! Great makeup remover- leaves skin and cuticles baby soft- and for me works beautifully as a night moisturizer. Thank you MUA!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2004 11:19:00 PM More reviews by poncho

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great versatile product. I use it at night on my face and it really helps my winter skin. Just a couple of drops in my palm and then I pat it on my face. The best thing is that it is natural and not full of gunk!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2004 7:39:00 PM More reviews by mitabird

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is such a versatile product. I use it on both my hair & skin. It really leaves my ends smooth & soft. When I use it on my skin, I either put in on directly or mix it with my regular moisturizer for extra moisturizing. I love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2004 8:13:00 PM More reviews by KelliCapwell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A great multi-purpose product! Now that it's dry wintertime, I love patting it on my face (don't rub - pat it on and let it soak in). A few drops can be mixed w/ your moisterizer to make it more moisterizing, use on your hair, cuticles - you name it. Used on my skin it never feels greasy - sinks right in! Use it consistently and you will see the difference. Just make sure you get this brand or another that is 100% pure for best results. A staple. Will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2004 5:32:00 PM More reviews by veronique2046

This is such a great product. It's classified here in p'ville as a moisturizer but I don't use this for my face and skin, instead I use it in my hair as a smoothing serum. I had been using Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine for this purpose (which I LOVED), but I wanted to get away from the alcohol in it and the -icones (not that my hair was drying out, I was switching as a precaution since I'm growing my hair out and need to take care of it more now.) The Garnier worked wonderful but I ended up switching to Aquage Ultra Shine Complex. This stuff was outstanding:killed frizzies, added shine, and had no alcohol...BUT it has a ton of -icones in it and was priced at $20 per ounce. I really needed something that was just as good as these other products but without all the chemicals. And I finally found it thanks to the hair board: 100% Pure Jojoba Oil. I found it at my local health food store for about $6, and it lasts a very long time since you only need like 2-3 drops (unlike my Garnier and Aquage where you needed 2-3 pumps.) I put it in my wet hair after shampooing and conditioning and it makes my hair very soft, smooth, no frizzies, and feeling moisturized. My hair has been looking really great as a result of this stuff. After my hairs dry (whether airdried or blow dried) I add a few more drops of this for excellent frizz control and tons of shine. You really can't beat this stuff: Inexpensive, no alcohol, no -icones, no chemicals, just 100% Pure Jojoba Oil. I honestly wish I'd have found this product sooner. Try some out on your hair instead of your current smoothing serum (not too much though) and I'm sure you'll be just as pleased.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2004 11:37:00 PM More reviews by princess_eab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use a cheaper version of this-- NOW-- but if you buy from a high-quality store the prices are similar and the product is the same. I LOVE my jojoba oil. It's such a multipurpose product! I got some (and scented it with rose fragrance) to condition my long, dry hair overnight. I smooth a few capfuls onto the length and underneath, brush with boar bristle brush and braid for the night. This oil has really helped to heal and soften my dry hair-- I saw the difference in about two weeks using it every night. Every woman needs jojoba oil in her cabinet.