October 25, 2014 | 1808 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2010 1:32:00 PM More reviews by mobo10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm so sad because I wanted to love this but it made my skin really oily and broke me out :( I found that by the end of the day alot of the imperfections on my face were peaking through the foundation and I looked pretty oily. The colour was nice on me but sadly I won't be purchasing again.
April 26th: This just keeps getting worse! I've been trying to use this with Smashbox primer underneath but ZERO LUCK! It sits on my face like a mask! Also it sits in all the fine lines in my skin (I'm only 25 and I didn't think I was very wrinkley but this just makes my skin look old!) and looks like a mask. By the end of the day if I rest my hand on my cheek the foundation is ALL over my hand! I don't understand why this is isn't working for me!?

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2010 1:18:00 PM More reviews by lovesShadow

Despite the lack of pump and price tag of this foundation, it is still the best foundation I've ever tried and my HG (and I've tried plenty). I like that it has a satin-y finish and is long lasting. I wear NW25 in sff and shed Fiji (light 5) was my match. I've gotten tones of compliment on how great my skin looks since switching to this. Will def repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2010 11:23:00 AM More reviews by serenabena1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wish there was a HELL YES option for "would you buy this product again". I am so in love with this. I have tried MANY foundations that give a full coverage, but dont look cakey and this works like a charm! I apply it with my 130 brush and it is AMAZINGGGG!!!!! I am NC 30 with pink undertones so i got Sante Fe. LOVE IT

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2010 5:38:00 PM More reviews by TemptMeBeautyBlog

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is almost in my HG category but I find that it can be a fraction drying and because of that it loses a lippie. So if you have drier skin then make sure you use a good moisturiser underneath. The range of shades is good, they are yellow based and matched my skin really well. It also lasts and lasts, without a primer. I find at the end of the day my skin looks just as flawless as when my face is fresh. It also gives me a beautiful natural glow so yet another must have foundation for me. The one tip I have is to blend it with your fingers and do it quickly. After a few minutes the foundation sets and I'm left with perfect looking skin. Some people get annoyed with the bottle and lack of pump but that doesn't really bother me. This is a great foundation!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2010 6:38:00 PM More reviews by AlmaStarr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

UPDATE: So I found a trick that makes this last on me. I use moisturizer, wait three minutes, sunscreen, wait three minutes, and then Cargo HD primer/mattifyer, then foundation, then Cargo HD powder on top. It looks gooood for summer. Very natural in the sunlight and it lasts for about five hours. But, man, what a pain!!! Updated the lippie to four. ORIGINAL REVIEW: I was so excited to try this. After much deliberation, I settled on the shade Santa Fe (even though I'm NC 25 and Ceylan was recommended by most). The shade was a perfect match. I put on my moisturizer and sunscreen with a primer on top and prepared myself for the magic to occur. Sure enough, I got a flawless, natural look that surpassed all expectations. I immediately pronounced it HG. Then, a few hours later, I peeked at myself in the car mirror in the daylight. OUCH. It had completely worn away from the oily areas and clung to the dry spots giving me a speckled, mosaic look. It was the worst any foundation had ever looked on me. So far, I've kept it to try various methods of wearing it (different moisturizer, without sunscreen, no primer, alternate setting powders). Same effect - great at first and then terrible later. I'm leaving it at 3 lippies for now but I'll update if I find the trick to keeping this looking awesome all day instead of just the first hour...

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2010 10:17:00 AM More reviews by Cyberkitty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am so in love with this foundation. It's the best I've ever tried. It's not too heavy but I can build it up in certain areas without getting a caked on look. I don't even use a concealer under my eyes anymore, because this does the same job. It has a natural looking glow to it which I love and what sets it apart from the other foundations I have used. I have to be careful with the moisturizers I use though because if they are too heavy, it gives the foundation a greasy look. I feel like I have such beautiful, flawless, young looking skin when I wear this and it seems to help smooth out wrinkles and never settles into my lines like most of my other foundations do. Please give this a try!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2010 12:09:00 AM More reviews by portbou7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am quite surprised how this works so well for everyone. I dont have dry skin at the moment actually its normal and well hydrated and this foundation attached itself to the nonexistent patches of dry skin and I had a hard time buffing it out. It doesn't glide on the skin as I expected and def. did not see any glow/ luminosity etc. However it is nice coverage without being thick or visible on the skin.. so maybe the charm works for oily/combination skin...

I would recommend especially for normal-dry skin girls to try this on before purchasing, and not just go by all the hype..

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2010 6:48:00 PM More reviews by machrina

This is my new favorite!! I use it for about a month now and i absolutely love it. It covers it stays there all day and its the first foundation that i dont have to set it with powder. I had some breakouts but not sure if they were caused by this i will update if so. My color is deauville. Other foundations i have used: BB skin foundation no.2 , GA lasting uv no.5 , chanel pro and mat lumiere no.20, ysl teint resist no.4, dior nude no.20.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2010 11:47:00 PM More reviews by stephanieis12345

i absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this foundation. I am in stromboli and it looks amazing.... my boyfriend said that i look younger and that my skin looks really soft, he said that i didn't look like i was wearing any makeup but my skin looked flawless. it's a medium coverage foundation but that's all i need, plus it doesn't get cakey. it looks awesome in photos and if i set it with a light layer of powder... it does not budge!! the only thing i don't like is that it doesn't have a pump :/ and it is a bit pricey for a foundation... but i really love this product and it has become my HG foundation!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2010 12:44:00 AM More reviews by brandi14307

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My color is Deauville and this is my favorite foundation Ever. I have tried a bunch of Mac foundations and they have always been just a little to red.. except for c1 in the face and body. But then I bought this at Sephora and Hubby even noticed the change and says how great my foundation looks.. and it's his favorite ever. It looks so natural and not nasty.. and it is just so amazing. I think I will be buying this foundation till the day I die.
I have dry skin.. And I moisturize,and then use macs prep and prime then Macs strobe liquid and I put this on with a sponge and it looks amazing.