July 31, 2014 | 1029 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2010 12:22:00 PM More reviews by golderappleoferis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have been using samples of both the sheer glow and the sheer matte for about a week now to see which one I would like better for my combo skin and honestly I love the sheer glow!! It gives a great coverage not too heavy which I like that a lot. I just pop a concealer under or over it. I really dont see the glow part to it at all but it most def isnt matte. The matte one feels so drying to my skin!! I am all for matte foundation but it made my dry spots come out more then the glow one!! The funny thing is that I compare this to the Revlon Photo Ready more then any other foundation! It has the same consistency and coverage. The first time I went into Sephora for a sample I just got the matte one and the women gave me the 2nd color from the lightest shade which i believe is deauville. Well let me tell you that color is super yellow LOL! I told her I wasnt the 2nd lightest shade but did she listen? NO! So I went back and got the lightest shade which is PERFECT for my fair skin almost transparent LOL! I knew that was the only color that would work for me. But yeah either way I like them both but I think they are WAYYYYYY over priced! I will be buying the sheer glow for the summer in full size but it is going to kill my wallet and then my BF is going to kill me LOL!
At the end of the day what I can say about this is
Its EXPENSIVE
DUPEABLE
Good coverage
smooth application
nice wear
not cakey
All around good but not the BEST
I am still looking for my HG foundation darn it!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2010 5:47:00 PM More reviews by eurodivas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

With Prescriptives going bust so suddenly, I was not quick enough to secure a few back up bottles of my favorite foundation. Some weeks ago, I decided to hit the pavement early in the search of replacements. NARS lip-glosses are some of my favorite things so I though I would give their foundations a go. When the make up artist at the NARS counter recommended Sheer Glow with my make-over, I quickly said no as Sheer never works well with my un-even and blemished skin. I normally need medium to full coverage - sad as it may be. She convinced me that this texture would be enough for me and she was correct.

This foundation provides a very smooth and even coverage in not time at all. The make up look is very natural and my face becomes radiant but does not shine. When I wear this I only have to powder my face once a day. I took one point off as this would have been best in a pump bottle. It is a little bit awkward getting the product out of the bottle. I tried using a foundation spatula but it was not able to fit through the bottle top so I use a cotton swab to get the product out.

In the foundation I use the shade Macao. For comparison, I am a MAC NC45, Laura Mercier Toffee Bronze and Guerlain Parure Make Up - No. 24 Dore Moyen or 006 Beige Tres Fonce.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2010 4:03:00 PM More reviews by xxnataliapxx

i heard all the hype about this foundation so i decided to try it. plus i have normal to dry skin and the name sheer GLOW was perfect. when i went to buy it the makeup artist took my makeup off and moisterized and primed my skin for the foundation so when they put it on it was super nice and glowy. but when i got home and tried to do the same thing it was just a little too thin and drying for me. the coverage is medium to full, its pefect for me cause i only need to even out my skin tone but when i applied the foundation it was too streaky and i needed to blend it with my fingers after. over all i can see why this might be a good foundation for other people cause of the coverage and the lightness of the foundation but it just didn't work for me. its not the worst foundaton i've tried but since it is a very expensive product i don't think i'll repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2010 2:11:00 PM More reviews by ambrnazz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't think that this product gives you a "glow" per say, but it definately has a very finish in my opinion. I think that it has about a medium coverage which is fine for me, because I only need to even out my skin tone and cover a few acne scars around the chin. I have normal/dry skin, but I still need a little bit of moisturizer before I apply this. I definately recommend that you try it on in the store and look at it under different lightings and wear it throughout the day before you buy. Its quite an investment!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2010 8:03:00 AM More reviews by codyeve

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I FINALLY FINALLY found my HG foundation!!! OMG this stuff is FANTFRIGGINTASTIC! Doesn't matter if i use a foundation brush or my fingers it goes on flawlessly! They say its a light to medium but buildable coverage, but I find it to be more medium 2 heavy. I wish it came in a pump bottle rather than a pour out bottle. It makes me waste more & this is not cheap! But worth every single penny. People says it's a dewy finish, but sometimes dewy looks sweaty 2 me @ least on very fair skin (I use the color Siberia). It just give me a glow/radiance, but no shimmer. I don't need to use a setting powder either. I have dry/combo skin & without makeup my skin has improved so much! Not a single breakout since i've been wearing it (started mid January) & my dry skin is no longer. I don't know how this would work on oily skin, maybe u would need a setting powder, but it's worth a try. I would spend double on this!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2010 9:38:00 PM More reviews by LipstickCouture

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Info: I am eurasian, NC20, neutral/yellow toned, areas of redness around nose, Normal to dry skin, a few previous acne scars along right jawline, splattering of very light freckles on nose.

Match: Deauville NARS Sheer glow foundation

Price: AUD 90!!

Pros:
Excellent coverage
Doesn't appear too heavy/cakey
Lasts longer than the average foundation on me

Cons:
Need to blend with fingers (foundation brush is not enough)
Have to work with the product quickly to get the result
Slightly luminous, certainly not glowing - you need a highlighter as well
No pump...I mean NARS, c'mon....90 bucks!!!

All in all, I will re-purchase, it's got heavier coverage than MUFE HD and photographs really well. I know 5/5 is a pretty score despite all the cons I have listed, but I really haven't found a better foundation yet and am very happy with this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2010 8:25:00 AM More reviews by SolidAthena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Green

I was searching for a foundation that made my skin look as natural as possible and this is it! It's wonderful, I would definetly buy this again. It feels very light on my skin, actually I can't even notice is there. I always use moisturizer before applying this because my skin get too tight right after I wash my face. Also, when I was buying the foundation the NARS lady told me that the foundation already has mosturizer inside and I should be noticing my skin being a bit softer than before but since I already wear mosturizer I don't know about that. Also, It cost me 55$CAD without taxes, a bit expensive for me.
EDIT: I apply it with a foundation brush

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2010 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Bambiina

Hate it! After only 3 hours it started to slide off my face, i dont have very oily skin either so i think its really weird.
After 4 hours my skin looked blotchy and started to itch super bad. And after taking it off, my skin feels dry and tight. (i think it gave me an allergic reaction) nars slide glow should be the name for this. Im going back to revlon photo ready, now that foundation gives me glow in the right way. HG :)

*Update*
I tried this one more time, and same thing happent, settled into my smiling lines after 2/3 hours. And it slided off my face again. But i like the coverage and its very blendable.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2010 10:49:00 AM More reviews by neslin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The best foundation I've ever used. I have it in color Gobi and i normally wear NC20 in MAC.When applied it feels like you're using a tinted mouisturizer and it's pretty light but you get medium coverage. I get numerous compliments on my skin when wearing this. It feels barely there and it doesn't look cakey nor dull. Even though I have very dry&sensitive skin i don't have any irrtations at all.I feel it does some mouisturizing too and i want to wear it everyday !

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2010 12:54:00 PM More reviews by portalhop

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Siberia was a pretty good match for me, colorwise. It pulled a little yellow, but it was pale enough for me. However, I felt like my dry spots were accentuated. I tried applying this in a number of ways (foundation brush, fingers, dry sponge) and found that none of them left a "sheer" coverage, like I was hoping for. It got a little cakey at the end of the day, but a setting powder should fix that.