eos Lip Balm Sphere - Summer Fruit

3.4

Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Beeswax (Cire D’abeille), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Natural Flavor, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf/Stem Extract, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract, Fragaria Vesca (Strawberry) Fruit Extract, Prunus Persica (Peach) Fruit Extract, Linalool

on 5/24/2010 10:07:00 PM

I really like this product. I was drawn into buying it because it is 100% natural-I'm currently trying to replace all the products I'm running out of with natural products so I got this to replace a tube of chapstick I finally finished. This has a really nice, light smell (like grapefruit and mangos in my opinion)-its not overwhelming though which is why I like it. It also glides on really easily and sinks into my lips pretty quickly and is very light. I have never noticed my lips feeling sticky, goopy, or waxy when I'm using this. I thought that it would be difficult to apply, but its easier than I thought to make sure I only get the product on my lips and not all over my face :P Its definitely a conversation starter-if I use this around someone whose never seen one they are fascinated by it. The only thing I worry about is when I am getting down toward end of the product, once its not nice and rounded out it might be difficult to use, but as this is my first one of these I don't know that for sure.

As far as the moisturizing effects of this product its a little hard for me to judge. I have never had extremely dry or chapped lips since I bought this product so I haven't had the chance to use it on really dry lips to see how well it works in that respect. However as far as normal day to day moisturizing it seems to do the trick!

It was $3.99 at Rite Aid, which is more than you'd pay for say a $0.99 Chapstick brand one, but the nice scent, unique packaging, and especially the fact that its natural makes up for that. I'd definitely buy this again when I run out.

on 5/24/2010 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I *love* this stuff! It smells so delicious and peachy (IMO) - perfect for spring and summer - and it makes my lips so smooth! The packaging is really cute and unique, although not very convenient for, say, carrying in your pocket or something. I usually cringe at overdone, bulky packaging because I think it looks tacky and is a huge waste, but this is just too cute. I would definitely repurchase and am currently trying to find the Honeydew one!

on 5/24/2010 12:59:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Love it just as much as the honeydew one but i think this one feels more light weight and feels more matte. like it still glides on smooth and is very moisturizing but when you press you lips together it feels more matte rather than slick, if that makes any sense.

on 5/19/2010 2:08:00 PM

I actually really like this product. I find that if I use a balm that is too moisturizing, I get really goopy lips. Totally gross. This gives me just the right amount of moisture without the goopiness. Additionally, I find that the goopy balms tend to dry my lips out a few hours after application, whereas this keeps my lips nice and moisturized several hours after application. I love the smell of this particular lip balm and will definitely repurchase it if I ever manage to use it up!

on 5/19/2010 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This product is so cute! That is ultimately why I bought it. It doesnt come off as a deeply moisturizing product, but my lips have never looked better. I think it is one of those things that maybe it isnt the BEST product all by itself but because I am a sucker for packaging I use it more often than I would if it weren't so darned cute! Overall I think its the best chapstick I have ever used....

on 5/16/2010 7:21:00 PM

This lip balm is so cute! The packaging is very different from all the other ones. I wish it's more moisturizing and have some SPF. But I like how it gives you A LOT of balm. So, it will last you a long time. Get it at Rite Aid when they have 2 dollar rebates!

on 5/10/2010 11:11:00 PM

pros: smells nice, like pomegranate.

cons: not very moisturizing. it's too solid that i needed to swap it several times before i could feel enough product to cover my lips, i get more from chapstick or burts beeswax. if you don't tote around with a big bag, i find the packaging too bulky. the sphere is a cute way to apply lipbalm but honestly i find it too gimicky and not practical. i bought this at riteaid for $3.99, i think you're better off paying $1.99 for a chapstick.

Update: After giving it a couple of weeks, I learnt that the product gets softer after a while and applies like a normal chopstick. What I like about this overtime is in the long run it IS moisturizing. The product is good but you have to wait a while to see results. I used label before and didn't realize that it was the cause of my peeling lips, I didn't suspect it because it was a lip balm but I didn't know why the skin kept flaking. When I kept using eos, it stopped completely. I know it's the lip balm because ive been using the same lipstick the entire summer, channel genial. I still don't like the sphere packaging because I like to keep all my cosmetics together in my small makeup bag. So I bought the eos with the normal tube packaging in vanilla. I still love the product and because of the natural ingredients, I will continue to repurchase.

on 5/10/2010 5:43:00 PM

This product didn't stand out as anything special to me; just another lip balm but in a sphere. It didn't make my lips any softer than any other balm does plus I didn't like the waxy feel it left on my lips. I was lured in by the organic/natural claims and the cute packaging but now I wish I would of saved my $3.

While scanning through the aisles of my local drugstore, this EOS balm in particular caught my eye because I had actually thought it might have been a miniature version of the beautyblender LOL. In the end, I was swayed by the adorable pink packaging. As for the scent, it reminds me a lot of piña collada for some reason. I like to use this under lipstick but only if my lips are moisturized to begin with. It is fine as a balm but I prefer my Softlips over my EOS. Overall I find that this product is decent, but nothing special.

on 5/8/2010 3:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I really wanted to like this product, despite all of the good reviews. However, it doesn't feel as if it is going on my lips. Also it smells a bit funny. At first it smells like some sort of fruit and then mexican candy. Don' get me wrong, I love mexican candy, however, just not on my chapstick. =(

Popular Lip Treatments

Baby Lips Lip Balm
Beeswax Lip Balm
Prep + Prime Lip

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Best To Worst: EOS Lip Balm Review by kaylesTalk

Worth The Hype? | EOS Lip Balm VS. Nivea Milk & Honey Lip Care (Review) 2014 by thatgermangirl08

Top Rated Lip Treatments