eos Lip Balm Sphere - Summer Fruit

3.4

Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Beeswax (Cire D’abeille), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Natural Flavor, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf/Stem Extract, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract, Fragaria Vesca (Strawberry) Fruit Extract, Prunus Persica (Peach) Fruit Extract, Linalool

on 5/31/2010 5:12:00 PM

I have this in honeysuckle honeydew and summer fruit.
This is my favorite lip balm at the moment, and I've been reaching for it quite a lot lately, so I figured I should review it!

Like everyone else, I was suckered into this for the packaging. It's so cute and fun to use. I like that you don't have to twist anything up, the product is right there for you when you remove the cap.

I love the smell of this one, it's very fruity and summery. The balm itself is very moisturizing and not at all waxy. It lasts a fairly long time, and when it does wear off, my lips still feel soft and moisturized. (unlike my former love, Nivea A kiss of moisture.)

Love this lip balm, I'm currently trying to hunt down the Lemon Drop with spf 15 in it, and my rite aid never seems to have it. :(

on 5/30/2010 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

i have mixed opinions on this, i love it yet i hate it. i love the way it goes on, even though it's really waxy it helps my really chapped lips. i hate the smell it kind of smells like mexican candy to me. not like summer fruit at all. i can kind of smell mango but thats it. i love the packaging the little sphere is cute, overall i kind of like this product worth buying but i will not repurchase the summer fruit cause of smell. i will try the mint or melon flavor.

This lip balm caught my attention because of its packaging. I was eager to try this out because of all the hype, but in all honesty, this isn't all that. The consistency is a bit waxier than I expected. It is moisturizing though. I put it on at night and my lips feel soft in the morning. Overall, not a bad product, just not worth the hype.

on 5/29/2010 5:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I really like the scent of this lip balm, but I find this one to be drying on my lips whereas the Honeysuckle/Honeydew one is not drying at all. It also feels a lot harder (as if there is more beeswax in it). I don't like this one nearly as much as the Honeysuckle one, and I likely will not repurchase. I have let other, close friends try it, and they liked it just fine and had no problems with drying, so it might just be one of the fruit extracts that irritates my lips or something. :o/

it has a peachy smell, though it has blueberry, strawberry, and peach extracts.

Skin: Other, Tan, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I just bought this today because it looked Like an easter egg (something different). I was surprised, This stuff works good and is very moisturizing. But then again i keep reapplying cause im one of those people who are addicted to reapplying lip treatments and glosses. This feels kind of different, unlike any other ive used. i think it would be good under lipstick or gloss. and it smells and taste good too :)

on 5/27/2010 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

i really like the container and the sphere shape, and i love the smell. i don't love how waxy it is, however. it's drier than burt's bees, even. (i do not love burt's bees waxy@ss lip balm.) i have to reapply several times just in a couple hours. bleah. maybe it works best under a lipstick, but i don't wear lipstick so i don't know. i like aquafina's lipbalm 1000x better; it seems to sink in better and wear longer.

on 5/26/2010 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I originally bought this product because of its shape. I know, bad idea to buy something because of the packaging, but I was pleasantly surprised. It smells (and tastes :D) great, and it does a well enough job of moisturizing. However, it's getting more and more difficult to apply this product, as it is in the shape of a sphere.

on 5/25/2010 12:45:00 AM

Cool Idea. I loved the scent options. I had to buy it because it seemed so alluring. I was pretty disappointed. The smell of both the pink and the green wasn't bad, but it was very very light. On top of that, it felt exactly like Chapstick. I didn't believe that it was all natural, it felt pretty waxy and drying to me. I had to reapply quite a few times, and I finally gave up. I'm a huge lip-item addict, and this is one of very few products I gave up on entirely.

on 5/24/2010 10:07:00 PM

I really like this product. I was drawn into buying it because it is 100% natural-I'm currently trying to replace all the products I'm running out of with natural products so I got this to replace a tube of chapstick I finally finished. This has a really nice, light smell (like grapefruit and mangos in my opinion)-its not overwhelming though which is why I like it. It also glides on really easily and sinks into my lips pretty quickly and is very light. I have never noticed my lips feeling sticky, goopy, or waxy when I'm using this. I thought that it would be difficult to apply, but its easier than I thought to make sure I only get the product on my lips and not all over my face :P Its definitely a conversation starter-if I use this around someone whose never seen one they are fascinated by it. The only thing I worry about is when I am getting down toward end of the product, once its not nice and rounded out it might be difficult to use, but as this is my first one of these I don't know that for sure.

As far as the moisturizing effects of this product its a little hard for me to judge. I have never had extremely dry or chapped lips since I bought this product so I haven't had the chance to use it on really dry lips to see how well it works in that respect. However as far as normal day to day moisturizing it seems to do the trick!

It was $3.99 at Rite Aid, which is more than you'd pay for say a $0.99 Chapstick brand one, but the nice scent, unique packaging, and especially the fact that its natural makes up for that. I'd definitely buy this again when I run out.

on 5/24/2010 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I *love* this stuff! It smells so delicious and peachy (IMO) - perfect for spring and summer - and it makes my lips so smooth! The packaging is really cute and unique, although not very convenient for, say, carrying in your pocket or something. I usually cringe at overdone, bulky packaging because I think it looks tacky and is a huge waste, but this is just too cute. I would definitely repurchase and am currently trying to find the Honeydew one!

Popular Lip Treatments

Baby Lips Lip Balm
Baby Lips Lip Balm
green apple
green apple

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Worth The Hype? | EOS Lip Balm VS. Nivea Milk & Honey Lip Care (Review) 2014 by thatgermangirl08

Best To Worst: EOS Lip Balm Review by kaylesTalk