Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 7/1/2011 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I'm not sure if I was color matched properly, but I like this foundation a LOT! It looks really nice in pics. It melts after awhile if it's hot, but no foundation can really withstand heat. Still... I was impressed! Even after walking for an hour and sweating, my make up stayed intact! After 4 hours of walking in the heat, I needed to retouch my face coz the sweat was annoying me! Nothing a good damp sponge wont fix!

on 7/1/2011 1:26:00 AM

WOW. MUFE hit this one out of the park. The shades are endless and well thought out. I'm NC40 as a reference and a tough match! I cannot think of one thing about this foundation that I dislike. It' gives me a great coveage, fills in the pores around my nose, can be blended easily with clean fingers, sponge or brush, it's buildable, comfortable to wear, the pump packaging makes it sanitary and a pleasure to use. One pump unto the back of my hand does it for me, which is the equivalent of a "dimes" worth. it's the perfect amount. I place one dot on my forhead, nose, cheeks and chin, wait a minute, then blend out with my fingers. Then I blend out any edges with a damp Alcon sponge. I like setting this with a Graftobian Loose Powder in Translucent. It's gorgeous and does not move when applied this way. HG status for me.

on 6/29/2011 2:25:00 PM

Like most of you im searching for my 'cant live without, makes my face look delicious foundation' lol and i have been using this foundation only for a couple of days now but so far i love it, it actually amazes me how it can be so invisible but still give good coverage and hide imperfections! I do agree with the people that say this can look cakey if layered too much, I have a couple of acne scars and redness around my nose so those are the only places i layer this foundation and it looks fine but i wouldnt try it on my whole face (i try not to use a concealer apart from a small amount of ysl touche eclat to brighten under my eyes) I think this foundation is more dewy than matte, when i first apply it it does look slightly matte but after an hour or so it starts to look dewy and glows but in a nice way, it looks healthy on the skin. I lightly dust my face with mac mineralize pressed powder on the places i find more oily (t-zone, nose and chin) and it looks very natural. Im looking forward to seeing the results when my skin is more clear, i went through a small phase of sleeping with a moisturiser on which turned out to be too thick for me and i was using different products every night to remove my makeup so my skin is confused and freaking out and im having a small breakout! lol. I can imagine this foundation looking twice as nice when my skin clears up. I use simple's light hydrating moisturiser, illamasqua's satin primer and then apply this foundation with my mac 187 brush. Ive tried wearing this without primer but i think using the primer makes the foundation last longer and gives a nicer finish, The colour i use is 115 (light skin pink tones) i actually have neutral undertones but leaning more towards pink and luckily this was a good choice. After trying a good 20 different foundations, im happy with this one :)

on 6/27/2011 7:21:00 PM

Skin type: Dry/Normal
Skin tone: NC (warm undertones)
I'm an NC30 in MAC

I bought this foundation in 2 shades, 120 and 123. I mix them to get my perfect shade.
I LOVE this foundation! I even used it on my wedding day and photos. It gives the BEST finish (at least on me) super natural looking, like second skin. Looks AMAZING in photos. I've probably bought over a dozen different foundations (NO JOKE) and none really worked great for me. My whole face except for nose is dry and my nose is get pretty oily throughout the day.
The only downside to this foundation is when I get oily in my nose the foundation tends to separate (which I don't think this is good for oily skin types). And that it's not as long lasting as I would like it to be. Maybe a good 4-6 hours but after that you can tell you need to reapply and blot.

I would still totally purchase again but I am looking into the MAC prolong wear foundation :) Just got it and hopefully it doesn't break me out like how the FACE&BODY did :/

on 6/27/2011 12:10:00 PM

This makeup is beautiful. I have oily, acne prone skin with quite a bit to cover - acne scars (red and ice pick) and under eye circles. I really didn't think this was going to work for me and was considering the Matte Velvet + instead, but I just couldn't resist trying this out. I am really suprised how nice it is! I was convinced it wasn't going to work. I used 1 pump with some concealer, but in reality, I think a pump and a half of just this would have done the trick. It has a satin finish, but it didn't look oily, it looked healthy and really looked like my skin! The colour match was amazing too - 115. For reference I am MAC Studio Fix powder NW20-25. I am a powder foundation girl and just wanted to give a high end liquid a try, and now I understand the hype. It looks natural, blurs the flaws and made the texture of my skin look smoother than usual. I used the HD powder to lock it in and that combo is awesome! Give it a shot. I have oily skin with alot to cover and it worked for me. Not to mention that it felt like I wasn't wearing anything and that it lasted for hours on end without fail. Thanks MUFE!!! xo

on 6/22/2011 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

From the name of this foundation, I was expecting it to just melt into my skin without a trace. However, it did not do that. I don't know if it's my skin type but for some reason, it just sat on my skin; it was detectable. My skin is oily. It provided light to medium coverage. Lasting power was not very long either. A few hours later, my flaws showed through again as if I wasn't wearing foundation at all. Overall, I was not very impressed with this foundation. For the price and what it claims, it did not live up to the hype.

This product really disappointed me because there was so much rave and I excepted so much. First, this foundation gives light to medium coverage. I have combo skin and on my oily places, this doesn't stay at all and has absolutely no oil control. It accentuated my dry areas and was just overall disappointing.

on 6/21/2011 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This sucks.

This foundation has a wide color range and that's about the only plus.
It is sheer and not even what I would call greasy, but rather, slimey. It disappeared on certain parts of my face and collected in others, and I am combination not oily!

It was sooo expensive, did not cover anything, and it's sheerness did not even stay in place even though I set it with that powdery white-cast (also extortionately priced) setting powder.

My sister owns this and I only used it a couple times and am so glad that I did not spend my own money on this waste of a product. I also noticed that in pictures her face has a white cast. It's different from that of a ghost-face when the foundation is too light/has SPF. So it's definitely the powder causing it. Also, after only using it a couple times I got 2 breakouts!

This product is so overrated. They must have got a huge deal with Sephora to over-promote it. I really can't understand why anyone would like this. We need to remember that some of the more popular products at Sephora are popular because of agreements between the brands and Sephora. Your search results/recommendations are generated similarly to any other search engine on the internet - based on whoever pays them the most.

on 6/20/2011 1:41:00 PM

This would be my HG foundation in all but ONE way. I always try to find something new at sephora whenever it's time for a new foundation, but i always end up going back to MUFE HD foundation. It's sooo amazing, the coverage is perfect and it gives me a great glow to my skin. Plus the shade 120 matches my yellowish skin PERFECTLY. I cannot use any other foundation because a lot of the others do not match my skin as perfectly as this one does, and once you have the best you can't settle for less! Only thing would be that I wish it would last a bit longer, the staying power isn't as great as say, lancome teint idole which has a great satin finish and is very long lasting. I loveee mufe hd foundation though, i'm on my 3rd bottle and i have to say it's a keeper!

I LOVE this foundation!

I have read lots of reviews about MUFE but here in the UK it is quite difficult to get hold of. Although on a recent trip to the US I went to Sephora and had a full MUFE makeover...the results AMAZING!

So I was hooked, although as much as I love MUFE HD Foundation due to the difficulty of buying this product I have dabbled in others from Chanel, Estee Lauder, Revlon, Maybelline, No7, Giorgio Armani...but they really dont compare at all!

I am combo skin and can be a little on the oily side, though this is a dream to apply, so easy to build for more of a coverage, yet feels so light at the same time...I find it lasts all day through summer and winter (I usually wear it alone with no powder top ups needed) it doesn’t dry up, it doesn’t grease up…it just adds a general healthy glow to your skin, it doesnt break me out at all or cause any reactions, the colours are just the best you can get and with that all being said I can safely say, MUFE HD Foundation is my HOLY GRAIL.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE MUFE!

Also to add it looks AMAZING IN PHOTOS! And seriously, who wants a foundation that doesnt look amazing in photos!

WIN WIN LONG LIVE MUFE!!