July 30, 2014 | 1796 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2011 1:54:00 AM More reviews by missxlkt

if you want a flawless face use this period . worth the expensive price, good coverage & everything , its awesome thats all i have to say (:

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2011 1:10:00 AM More reviews by hicupcake

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Colors: MAC NC35 or C4= MUFE #127 (for me anyway) I don't understand this numbering system. I got matched at a Sephora store, and I also looked at the Foundation Matrix on Temptalia's website.

Packaging: hygienic pump bottle, but can't see through the bottle to see how much is left.

Blendability: It takes some time to get it to blend right, but when it does, it's awesome. IMO, works best with a damp MAC 187 brush. Applying with a flat foundation brush made it go on streaky. This is not the product I reach for when I have zero time for makeup, and why waste good product if I'm not going to do it the way I like?

Value: a little bit of product goes a long way! I have had my bottle for nearly 2 years, but I'm going to buy a new bottle this week. I can't risk running out halfway through applying! I think a bottle costs about $40 USD.

Coverage: medium, but buildable. It's very light, and it doesn't feel like I have a lot of makeup on, but it also doesn't cover up the sun spots on my temples completely (nothing does, and still looks natural).

Other notes: I think this needs makeup remover to take off. When I wash my hands after applying, I have to use a generous amount of soap and scrub. So, I use DHC cleansing oil to remove the makeup at night, and then use a cleanser.

Overall, I really like this foundation! It's just not a quick apply product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2011 4:37:00 AM More reviews by graceleeroy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I gave in and purchased this product and sadly it did not live up to the hype. Don't get me wrong it does leave a nice finish, just was not for me. I bought one according to my shade and undertone, however I feel as if it has too much of a yellow undertone for my taste. Also leaves dry patchs around my nose and mouth area. From far distance my skin looks flawless, but up close this foundation made my skin look dry and powdery. Overall this product depends on how well your skin will adapt to its formula, however I prefer using the Nars sheer glow over this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2011 10:05:00 PM More reviews by sashja2413

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading countless reviews both positive and negative, i decided to try this makeup. I tried it and it looked amazing on my skin HOWEVER i also tried using Hope in a Jar w/spf 25 original for all skin types ( since there is no SPF in HD Makeup Forever) , after a few days of using the makeup and moisturizer i began to breakout. My concern is one its ingredients is Talc i wished it would provide a percentage of how much Talc is used in this product, my skin can't tolerate a high dosage of Talc..

I am not sure if it were the Hope in the Jar that caused the reaction or the actual foundation itself. Ive stop using the moisturizer and it appears that the reaction is now drying up if that is the case and no other reaction happens. I will continue to use the HD Foundation along with the Primer and Powder because it does make my skin appear to be flawless!

But the bottom line is...It provides great coverage with a mat feel and doesn't feel heavy at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2011 9:43:00 PM More reviews by inrome810

I purchased this product after hearing so much about it. I also purchased the HD powder. I love the packaging, but I must say that I can just touch my face and it comes off and that includes using a primer before applying this foundation. By the end of the day and after touch ups my whole face is oily, which is odd because my nose is usually a bit dry. I have also noticed that I break out on my cheeks, chin, and jawline using this product. I hate to say this...but I don't see myself buying this product again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2011 2:11:00 PM More reviews by sanyav

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

*****UPDATE I've been using this now for almost a year! (every day in one way or another) and my HD and I are even more in love!
I had such a fit when I ran out (the bottle isn't see-through so you can't know how much is left! wth!), I went to FOUR separate Sephora stores in four far-apart locations in the city (damn you Toronto!) just to find my shade. My husband said that he will use this as evidence that I'm crazy if we ever get divorced.... but I didn't care... I HAD to have it THAT DAY...(crazy laugh)** This stuff has gotten me addicted to having nice skin when I leave the house so much that I just can't go out with my bare face (unfortunately). If my house is burning down, I would grab my puppy, wedding pic and HD foundation!!!
What I love the most: This is a foundation with a coverage (ACTUAL COVERAGE) that will not cause a havoc on your skin (and I would know...my sensitive-acne-prone, oily-but-dehydrated, MAC-stay-away skin)
Thanks!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2011 12:33:00 PM More reviews by mimi1806

Im NC30 and I used MUFE #128, perfect match. Which I love in this foundation is its coverage but still brings a glow finish. The texture is a bit thick but dont worry, just blend it fast and the finish is great, very thin with a medium coverage. Not my 1st choice but I will repurchase because I always want to have a number of foundations to change rather than stick with only one product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2011 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Teex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

** HG ALERT!! **
Coverage - medium to full, buildable.
Scent - slight scent, but no fragrance.
Finish - polished, not dewy, not matte, just beautiful looking, perfect skin.

Product description and further details;
Comes in a really sturdy clear plastic bottle with a handy pump. No SPF, looks amazing in flash/non flash photography. 30ml, 1oz.

My skin info;
MUFE 117 matches me perfectly. My closest match in other brands include; NC15, NARS SG Gobi, Bobbi Brown 2Sand (slight dark, haven't tested 1Warm Ivory).

Here are some swatches by me;

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2011 6:42:00 PM More reviews by mandiluk

After hearing tons of rave on MUFE HD foundation, I decided to give it a try. This is actually the first liquid foundation and I like it, besides the fact that the mufe sa couldn't pick out my shade. I had to go back a second time and get a closer color to my skin tone. This foundation covers up everything! And it stays on forever! And this is without primer! I use a flat top brush and it goes on smoothly and evenly. I'm really glad that it doesn't leave my face looking too fake or heavy.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2011 12:44:00 AM More reviews by Chianti

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My other ftd: NC 30, Nars Balanced Ftd in Budapest.
I was matched with 127.
I'm giving this 3 lippies because:
1. It accentuates dry spots as previous reviewers have stated (exfoliation and my usual moisturizer didn't help)
2. It was hard to find a perfect match for my azn skin (it lacks the yellow tint I need)
3. Needs a heavy moisturizer to make it work (I have to buy a heavier moisturizer for this ftd)
4. Needs a damp ftd brush for good application ( I never have to do this w/ my other ftd)
5. Pricey ($42)
So because of the extra steps/product I have to do/buy I won't repurchase. However, I like the pump dispenser and how light this feels on my skin.