April 21, 2014 | 952 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 3.6(2086 reviews)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2010 5:41:00 PM More reviews by xoxokris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm usually not a liquid foundation person, before I used MAC Studio Fix powder+foundation and or/ bare minerals. However, I've heard so much about this that I had to give it a try. I actually really like it. It looks and feels super natural! My skin also looked much less dull. The downside is that the coverage is pretty sheer. I use my fingers to apply so maybe that's the reason it's hard to layer, but I would say this foundation is sheer natural looking coverage and not medium-full coverage like many websites say. Anyway, I find that it lasts all day, though I do have to set it. I will defintiely be buying more when I run out! :)

Oh, make sure to get color matched by as pro!! I did, and I still think the color is a little off but it's very blendable so I'm working with it haha

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2010 6:49:00 PM More reviews by mariamahmad010

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product is literally amazing.
I have to mix two shades together to get my shade, but seriously the coverage is fantastic!!
Im a teenager, so this review is basically for people with slight acne and oily skin.. this foundation covers all my imperfections i now get compliments on my skin!!!
AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING im going to keep buying it.
only con i would say is that its a bit expensive.. but worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2010 4:09:00 AM More reviews by blackstudded

Make Up Forever is an amazing line they have 25 skin tones to choose from instead of most skin care lines that have the standard 5-10 shades of skin tones. Their foundation does a great job of covering blemishes or whatever skin imperfections you may have. My favorite product that I have from Make Up Forever is HD Invisible Cover Foundation it is an Oil free liquid foundation makes your skin smooth.This foundation Creates a soft-focus effect, designed to meet the coverage concerns of those in the spotlight. It creates a complexion that looks flawless, even in bright or harsh lighting.If you do not like liquid Foundation they have Duo Mat Foundation which is a powder foundation. The show Gossip Girlís Make Up Artist Amy Tagliamonti said,Ē It evens the skin tone and covers redness, but itís not heavy and it doesnít cake.ĒDuring Fashion shows especially Fashion Week most of the Makeup Artist uses Make Up Forever on the Models I highly suggest this product the best purchase Iíve ever made and the results are great. Celebrities such as Kim Kardashian, Blake Lively, and the cast from 90210 use Make Up Forever.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2010 10:51:00 PM More reviews by volshorn08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am happy that this worked for some people, but it certainly didn't work for me. I applied in a few different ways and always set it, but it faded off in splotches within 3 hours or less. I even used the hd powder. It also turned really orange on me, I don't even have oily skin. It looked awful in natural light. I had some pics taken one day, and I really wish I hadn't worn this foundation. Now I can't even purchase pics from the event, my face (foundation) looks awful! I should've tried this out a little longer before wearing it for an event, but still...results were terrible.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2010 4:31:00 PM More reviews by xxomargaret

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a good product. but not a miracle. I like it better than MAC liquid foundation, mainly bc my boyfriend hates the mac smell. i have friends who say their boyfriends hate the smell as well. the price doesn't bother me so much, because i like the packaging and you don't have to pay for a $5 pump like mac. the one thing i noticed about this product is i feel like it defines the lines under my eyes! but around the time i got this makeup i started getting really busy.. so it COULD just be that my eyes have become more tired looking.. good product, but i think my next bottle i'll try nars sheer glow. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2010 9:36:00 AM More reviews by mego

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Overall, this is a fantastic liquid foundation. I have repurchased it, which says a lot for me since I am always on the hunt for my HG foundation. I'm currently using Mac Pro Longwear most days, but I still have this in my makeup drawer and will occasionally use it. It looks beautiful in photos, whereas my other foundation looks white. I have even mixed this in with my other foundation and loved the results. I'll probably have this stuff on hand in my makeup drawer always because I know it will never fail me. Great, buildable coverage and doesn't look too oily on my combination skin. Looks beautiful when applied with the MAC 187 brush and buffed with a kabuki brush. I'm giving four lippies because it really holds on to my dry patches and flakies that occur due to my Retin A. That's the only thing that irritates me about the product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2010 5:07:00 PM More reviews by sunshowers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really hesitated to spend so much money on this product when I've never really liked liquid foundations in the past. Years ago I switched to using just one Everyday Minerals concealer to cover up problem spots. However, I needed photo-ready makeup for my wedding and wanted the full-coverage shebang. Also, I have slight redness from rosacea and the mineral stuff wasn't very effective at staying put on my winter dry cheeks. A Sephora consultant highly recommended this foundation. She helped me to pick a shade (#120 - Soft Sand, described on Sephora website as a "medium light shade with yellow undertones") which is perfect for my asian skintone.

What I love about this foundation is how light it is. I use my fingertips to warm and apply the foundation, and it goes on and blends very smoothly. At the same time, it's very buildable and I was able to apply more to easily get the coverage I needed for some dark spots. No concealer necessary. One thing it does need is powder to set it. I purchased the MUFE HD Loose Powder and the combination of these two products is the stuff of HG dreams.

My skin looked totally flawless and radiant in person and in my photos, but I didn't look or feel like I was wearing any makeup. With the HG Loose Powder, my skin just felt smooth and silky to the touch. It stayed put all day and still looked great by the end of it. Best yet, it didn't irritate my very sensitive skin in the slightest.

The only thing I don't like about it is the price, but I did get what I paid for, and will definitely repurchase when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2010 11:29:00 PM More reviews by sarahnickatina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation blends so easily! I loved it! It does make you look flawless in any light, even in harsh florescent lighting. With the translucent powder it makes you look flawless and gives you a beautiful glow! I would but it again! I use it whenever i go out at night or have a special occasion. It's an okay everyday foundation but i think it might have made me have a few small breakouts, nothing major. Overall it's a fantastic foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2010 3:13:00 AM More reviews by mijindo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

As much as I wanted this foundation to work for me, it didn't. It made me look like I had on a lot of makeup even when I used less than one pump. It didn't hide my blemishes but made them more noticeable because it was so heavy. It kind of just sat on my skin instead of blending. I tried it with a stippling brush, wet and dry makeup sponge, and with my fingers. It would just lie on top of my skin. Plus, it was way too expensive for a foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2010 5:47:00 PM More reviews by LadyPeach

I have a bit of a love-hate relationship with this foundation. I love that this doesn't break out my sensitive skin and makes me look radiant and fresh. The only downsides are the packaging - I realize that a fairly reasonable amount is being put down for this foundation, yet the bottle itself feels a bit 'dinky' in comparison to other brands...the cap, in specific. The other downside is that I find the foundation to really dry out the area of my nose and a couple hours into the day, I need a touch up as the makeup is already gone! But I would definitely recommend this product for women who want to have that 'glow'!