BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

4.1

on 3/29/2006 10:26:00 AM

I didn't realise how much I loved this product until a (male) friend of mine saw a picture of me taken at a party where I was wearing it and told me it looked like I was porting around my own lighting system. I put it on my cheekbones and brow bone and a little on my collarbone and just over my cupids bow. I've not tried it under my eyes but having read a couple of reviews that suggest it I'll give that a whirl too. I have very very fair skin (NC15) and don't use this during the day but for special occasions this is fabulous!

on 3/21/2006 9:51:00 PM

I tried this as part of Realness of Concealness kit (a great way to try several different products) and LOVE it. I was very surprised! I have very dark circles under my eyes and a bit of this really helps.

on 3/13/2006 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This was the very first department store cosmetic item I purchased back in my senior year of high school, I believe-- the girls at the Benefit counter just about tackled me down and looking back, they really talked down to me because they could tell I had never purchased anything high-end before. I felt sort of attacked and left the counter, but they had used High Beam under my eyes and I remember it made my eyes glow, and the blue tones under my eyes seemed to disappear. So I went back to that counter and bought just the High Beam-- I think it was only 16 or 18 dollars back then. I just about used my little jar until it was all dried up and crusty, LOL! I used to use it with Dr. Feelgood... do they still make that???

Anyway, I tried HB again during a recent Benefit visit (different counter), planning on purchasing just Dallas, but the MA insisted I try HB again. Now, I stopped using HB years ago because I am so afraid of having shiny/oily skin. But something told me I should try it again because my skin is in sooo much better condition than it used to be (thank you, Pro-Activ!!!). Now that my skin is more naturally shine-free than it used to be, and doesn't get congested like it used to (acne runs in my family so I took Accutane in high school), High Beam is GORGEOUS on my skin!!!! What a wonderful multi-purpose product.... I love the little shimmers in it (more shimmer than I remember, yay!!), and I can use it not only under my eyes now along with concealer (or MAC Studio Lights in Tender Glow to keep that whole pink thing going), but on my brow bones, cheekbones, even in between my eyes!!

I am surprised that Benefit hasn't updated the packaging yet-- a little pump bottle would be nice (like the new MAC Glimmershimmers) because I can see the product getting dirty very quickly, and the little brush tends to get gloppy... they haven't even updated the actual writing or anything at all on the product, which is surprising for Benefit. But I guess if it ain't broke, don't fix it, right? :o)

Anyway, I wouldn't really suggest this for very oily-skinned gals for anything other than an under-eye highlighter, but for born-again good skin gals like me or drier-skinned gals, it is highly recommended!!!!
continued >>

on 2/18/2006 3:38:00 AM

I really love this highlighter, and makes you look so pretty with just a few calculated dabs of the brush. BUT I have very pale, almost see-through skin so this looks extremely fake if I wear it during the day. As soon as the sun goes down though I head straight for the high beam and voila! I look like a princess.

on 1/22/2006 9:29:00 PM

Just got this in the 'realness of concealness' kit. I'd never used a highlighter before.

What the heck was I thinking? This stuff is incredible! I put a bit on my cheekbones and the inner corner of my eyes before going out for my birthday dinner (I'm 37). Two different waitresses told me I had beautiful skin. Best birthday present I've gotten lately. I'll definitely be buying a full-sized bottle of this!

on 1/22/2006 6:50:00 PM

I got this in the Realness of Concealness kit. Great little kit by the way! Oh My. I knew I would not care for this but, I was sooooo wrong. All highlighters either make me feel greasy and dirty or else show all possible imperfections like pores and wrinkles. This shocked me! I will for sure be buying this full size and probably always have it. It is my HG highlighter for sure! I have combo skin and this looks good day or night with my Mineral MU or with my liquid foundations. Amazing stuff! Benefit has been quite a surprise to me. I am loving this line!

on 1/21/2006 11:40:00 PM

Ive just gotten this recently and honestly forget i have it already. I guess i have alot of highlighting products and didn't find this one that special.

on 1/21/2006 1:58:00 PM

I had never thought of buying this before because in my past experiences with highlighters, they do nothing! However when Benefit ran the promo with this free and free shipping I decided to get it along with Dallas. I am so glad I did! I really like this on my fair skin. I only use it on my cheekbones and then top with blush. It makes my skin have a dewy, glowy appearance with fine shimmer when it hits the light just right. I also think it makes my cheekbones look more defined. I think the packaging is pretty good although the little brush thing is kind of annoying at times but I think if I ever run out that I would purchase on its own.

on 1/19/2006 12:38:00 AM

I first got to use this as a mini from the Realness of Concealness kit.
This is absolutely fabulous at giving me a gorgeous glow. It just takes three little dabs along my cheekbones, esp. on top of my bronzer and/or blush.
It's very blendable, a little goes a long way (otherwise you'll look like Mr. Freeze from Batman), and the very light pink tint can suit even my yellow-based Asian skin.
Once I run out of this mini, I'm going right to Sephora to purchase a full-sized bottle!

on 1/13/2006 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i love this!! it gives me a healthy dewy glow. i just put a dot or 2 on the round part of my cheek and rub it in

Video Reviews & Tutorials