September 23, 2014 | 1453 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 1:15:00 AM More reviews by emipod

This is my first-ever product review but I just gotta say I LOVE this product! The liquid Revlon Colorstay was my go-to when I needed an all day foundation, but I feel this new whipped formula outlasts even that. The original gave me medium coverage and provided a semi-matte finish without powder and lasted around 6 hours before starting to fade. It was definitely more natural than the new whipped one. The new formulation gives a more dewy finish and fuller, creamier coverage. It's beautiful applied with a brush or with your fingers. If I am wearing it at the beginning of the day I need to apply a powder over it because it does a a satiny finish. The best part of this foundation is that it does LAST ALL DAY. It gives the skin a beautiful, smooth, velvety appearance while covering any redness and light pigmentation. I would consider it medium to full in coverage. I have combination oily skin and when set with powder this is definitely not too shiny. I wear it over a moisturizer with sunscreen so that might add to the dewiness. I would recommend it to anyone with any skin type. And by the way, I am NC15/20 and I use Buff 150 (the same shade as in the normal Colorstay) and its a perfect match and has nice neutral undertones to cover any redness. LOVE THIS and will continue to purchase. Really is HG status for me!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2012 6:33:00 PM More reviews by MavWagg

For general reference, I'm currently an NC35 and purchased the shade medium beige(240). Which is a pretty good color match. <3 this foundation! Easy to blend, doesn't feel too heavy even in humid weather, cute glass jar packaging, and very affordable for those who are on a budget. Has a slight Dewey finish, and the longevity of the product is truly long wearing. If you're on the hunt for a new foundation this one is definitely worth looking into.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2012 5:52:00 PM More reviews by shimmergirl1123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Color reference: MAC NW30, Chanel BR20
Color I bought: 250 Medium Beige
Price I paid: $14.50 at CVS

I love this foundation. I just recently fell in love with Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation which is expensive but gives me a beautiful natural perfect-skin look. This foundation does the same thing but better, and at around a third of the price. I get the same skin-like finish as the Chanel but this foundation keeps me more matte and lasts longer on my oily skin. Also, I appreciate the extra coverage this gives in comparison.

However, the glass jar is not as convenient as say a bottle with a pump but that does not bother me that much. I apply this with a MAC 130 brush. I am not sure if that is the best application method, but it works.

I would totally recommend this foundation for anyone with oily skin. It lasts well and keeps me matte. Plus the finish is great! Definitely try this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2012 5:42:00 PM More reviews by mimahirn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I can't believe this product! I love this. It's amazing. The perfect finish for my oily aging skin. It's super blendable, even with just damp fingertips, so I don't even need my blender. Seriously, I love this. Feels great. I got the color nude and it's a perfect match for my pink-toned medium light skin. Set it with my HD powder, and got a great satin finish. LOVE. And, the price couldn't be better. I wish I'd found this before I spent $60 on my Hourglass foundation!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2012 4:46:00 PM More reviews by pulsesync

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Really good for oily skin, terrible for my dry skin. Over my skin and moisturizer, the effect looked oddly powdery as opposed to cakey even though I used a clean brush and no powder. Shade 200 matched my NC 20-25 skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2012 4:32:00 PM More reviews by BEjunkie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

All it took was a couple of YouTube video reviews and demos to get me lemming this product in a big way. I am a HUGE fan of Revlon Colorstay but sometimes wish I had something a little lighter to use. I'll skip to the point and say it: this product has without a doubt become my favorite foundation for this summer. I cannot believe my luck. Though I had a hard time deciding on the shade to get, I bought the Medium Beige shade, which matches my skin perfectly. The consistency is creamy (duh) and not mousse-y, which I really like. I tend to gravitate toward creamy foundations anyway. Coverage is medium but is buildable. I applied this with my flat top kabuki from Everyday Minerals. Looks flawless, doesn't feel heavy (especially compared to original Revlon Colorstay, which is my go-to). It doesn't make me greasy (unlike Photoready Mousse) and after setting it with my Guerlain Meteorites, I feel like a million bucks. I love that it has a satiny finish, not so much matte or dewy...but after about 10 hours of wear without touchups, I am slightly dewy but looking fresh. I love the way it feels on my skin. This foundation comes in a huge jar (heavy glass) and only has 0.8 ounces of product but for $14 (and $4 extra bucks rewarded) I can't beat it for ten bucks. Provided it doesn't break me out, i will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2012 2:13:00 PM More reviews by lolajean

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am in love!!! I had been using the Colorstay Mineral Mousse and this is so much better. I am fair with a yellow tone and the shade BUFF is just about perfect. I like my foundation a step or two up from a tinted moisturizer and don't want to have to use any tools but my fingers to apply. This goes on smoothly and blends easily. The coverage is light to medium but I think it could easily be layered for more. There is no fragrance and no SPF which is a huge plus for me, since I love the one I already wear. I love the satin finish. No shimmer, not too matte and not too dewy. This stuff seriously looks like bare skin. I can get oily in my t-zone and it keeps it at bay without looking dry. So far, I'm getting a good 10 hours of wear and haven't had any breakouts from it. Pretty sure this is going to be a HG for a lot of people!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2012 11:46:00 PM More reviews by stellar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've used this several times now and have alternated between it and the liquid CS enough to give a decent review and comparison of the two. I have been using the liquid verison of CS for about 10 years and have been very pleased with it. As of now, I would have to say that it's my HG long-wearing foundation. Needless to say I was super excited to hear that they were coming out with a whipped version. I've never disliked the thick consistency and application of the liquid version but I always appreciate a nice whipped consistency! I bought this in the shade Buff, which is also what I wear in the liquid (Combo/Oily). As far as color goes I'd say they're pretty spot-on, but the Whipped version may be just a tiny bit lighter. Application itself is a *dream*! I just want to keep putting more and more on, it feels so nice! The strange thing about this foundation is that I do find that it gives nearly full coverage, but it's a *different* kind of full coverage than the liquid provides, I suppose because of the difference in consistency. The other difference between the two formulas that I've found is that the Whipped version leaves my skin looking kind of... dull? Flat? I can't really pinpoint exactly what it is but it just doesn't have that perfect coverage and healthy, radiant finish the liquid version gives me. It lasts just as long as the liquid does on me, which is great. It also does feel lighter on the skin of course, so that's a big plus for those who don't like the thicker, heavier feel that CS might have. (I personally have never felt that but I don't have a problem with thicker foundations.) It really is a great foundation and I would definitely say it's worth a try. For me though I do think I prefer the liquid, but that's not to say this isn't a wonderful product! I'm sure I'll use up the jar I have - and who knows - maybe keep one on-hand for days when I want a lighter foundation on my skin. For reference, I have what I consider to be normal skin; slightly combination at the very worst. I do use a setting powder with both versions of CS and a light moisturizer before application, both of which really help the foundation last all day!

ETA: I thought I should come on here and update my review because I'm really liking this foundation a lot more now. I wore the liquid CS during the summer, but once my tan started to fade I had to see which of my many foundations suited me better. Turned out it was the CS Whipped in Medium Beige. Since that was the only one that matched me, it was all I could wear for a while and I really grew to love it. It gives such a nice healthy, polished, even skin tone without looking heavy or cakey and it really lasts all day. Over the past couple weeks I've been experimenting with some of the other foundations I have because the Medium Beige is now too dark and Buff is quite a bit too light, but none of them make my skin look as nice as the CS Whipped. So now I'm mixing Buff and Medium Beige. My only complaint now is the packaging. In addition to it coming in a big, bulky jar, the inner plastic rings where the cap screws onto the jar have broken on TWO of my jars. One is completely broken to the point where the lid can't be screwed on at all, which means I can't take it anywhere with me. The other has cracked but there's still enough there that I can screw the lid on. I've been very careful with these jars and don't feel I've done anything to make them break like that. I really wish they would start packaging these better!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2012 4:54:00 PM More reviews by CrosseyedToad

Let me start off by saying I have fairly normal skin with little acne, no dryness but a decent amount of discoloration. I do get a shiny t zone, especially in Summer.

I wear Mac NW20 and bought Nude which is a great match. It covered well and applied easily and smoothly over my Laura Mercier primer. It was 93 degrees today and I had no shine and no wearing off all day. I still look flawless even after a play date in the sun at the park. Judging from other reviews maybe a primer is necessary.

I love this foundation. I think it may even be better then my $42.00 Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra 24 Hour. I'll update if I find after more usage for this to be any better or worse after more testing.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2012 4:46:00 PM More reviews by trharvey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

After reading all the hype about this product, I was really disappointed. I had really hoped this would be my HG foundation.

The color shade is very limited, but I did find that Sand Beige looked rather well on me. The consistency of this product makes it feel like it sits on top of my face. I tried applying it with my fingers, sponge, and a buffer brush - still I could not get it to look right. After a couple of hours my face was a shiny mess and you could barely see that I had any foundation left.

I normally love Revlon Colorstay products, but this was a definate miss in my book. After a week I took it back to Target.