Desert Essence Jojoba Oil - 100 pure

4.3

Not tested on animals

Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil.

on 5/5/2005 9:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm not actually using this brand, but I am using 100% jojoba oil. It's an excellent eye make up remover, and amazing body oil. My skin stays soft with this stuff all day long. However I prefer Weleda Calendula oil, so will probably stick to that. UPDATE: This totally broke me out when I used it on my face.

on 5/2/2005 10:26:00 PM

Before this, i was using some Chanel nonsense. Now I'm mixing jojoba with my ProActiv face wash, plus mixing about 3 drops in with my Alpha Hydrox nightly moisturizer. My. Skin. Looks. Awesome. It feels awesome. I'm getting compliments at work. It's cheap. It helps makeup go on smoother. It plumpens out the skin. I mix it with shea butter and rub it through my hair.
Natural is the way to go. I laugh at Chanel.

on 4/30/2005 10:25:00 AM

I've been using this on my face at night and my skin has never looked so healthy. I could definitely see an improvement within a week of using it. I love it!

on 4/27/2005 7:42:00 PM

in my quest to only put natural products on my body and face, i found this for any flakies on my face. so far i have been using this to pat under my eyes and other dry spots before my moisturizer...it fills in fine lines, yes i have them, and so far doesn't plug up the pores. love it! bottle sucks though as it dribbles out the side of the lid when you pour it. i transferred mine to another bottle with a drip friendly lid.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I just love this product. The only mosturizer that works for me.

Desert Essence 100% jojoba oil is an absolute staple!! This product is so versatile; I use it for my face, body, and hair!!

For face, I use it as an eye makeup remover sometimes, moisturizer for my eye area and any dry patches on my face. This stuff is so incredibly moisturizing, and DOESN'T BREAK ME OUT!!! And I am seriously the most acne-prone person out there!! It is wonderful for the eye area; I love to lightly rub it all over right before bed. When I wake up, the entire area is soft, smooth, and radiant. As an eye makeup remover, it is superb. Plus, I LOVE to rub it onto my lashes...I SWEAR it makes them more lush!!!!

For hair, I like to use it as a deep conditioner treatment and rub it into my scalp and then wash it out. Great for moisturizing and revitalizing the hair follicles! Sometimes I use 1-2 drops as a leave-in treatment as well.

For body, this is great just to use on dry, parched hands or all over the body right after the shower; this really helps seal in the moisture.

I get mine's at Trader Joe's for about 6-7 bucks, which is a total bargain considering all the uses of this product...plus the fact that you don't need that much! I've had mine for almost a year and I'm not even half done with the bottle yet! This is such a beauty staple; I highly encourage you to try it out!!

on 4/20/2005 12:47:00 AM

This being a skincare board favorite, I just had to try it. I too was skeptical about putting an oil on to moisturize my combo skin, but DHC (and their deep cleansing oil & moisturizers) have proved me wrong. And indeed, jojoba oil does not make my face any more oily -- in fact, I wake up with a less oily face than normal (although this by no means mattifies). It does leave the skin with a dewy finish and very smooth, sinking in after a minute. Tip: put about 3-5 drops of this on immediately after lightly patting your face dry after washing (or after using a toner), and pat in -- no rubbing! For the past 2 months, I've been using it as a moisturizer at night. The only reason why I'm giving it a 4 and reverting back to a moisturizer is because I realized that this doesn't really moisturize normal-to-dry skin; I have some flaking skin on my forehead and cheeks, and putting on jojoba oil does nearly nothing for it. I think this product is really great for combination or oily-skinned people, but I think drier-skinned people need something richer. Anyway, it was super cheap at $7 for a good-sized bottle that will last foreeeever. Oh, and you could use it on your arms, legs, and shoulders to have a dewy sheen, and use a light layer for taming down frizzy hair, so really, this is a hardworking multitasker.

on 4/19/2005 1:13:00 AM

Love this product. It has a scent that I don't like, something like mineral oil. I try to apply it when I know I won't be around people. It doesn't irritate my acne and seems to help it. I also use this on my body. It's a great moisturizer.

on 4/18/2005 2:20:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

Very disappointed in this product. I have dry sensitive skin (Eczema aka atopic dermatitis) with an oily t-zone. This product actually made my dry eczema spots even more dry and more flaky! It also made me more blotchy and red! I have also broken out more! This product did exactly the opposite of what everyone else says it does.

on 4/7/2005 6:04:00 PM

♥ this product! I'm not using DE but I guess any 100% pure oil will still give the same results. I have dry skin and I use it twice a day, sometimes more :) It absorbs quickly and doesn't feel greasy. My skin used to have tiny bumps on my cheeks that I never could remove but are now gone! My face also feels very soft, smooth and it actually looks, dare I say it, glowy from within.

The best thing is that I know exactly what's going on my face - why take your chance with moisturisers with chemicals and preservatives in them when a wholly natural and good alternative exists?

I will honestly recommend this product 100% to anyone who asks me about it. But please note, you really do need a dropper! continued >>