NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

on 6/29/2010 5:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love this foundation. I just need the smallest amount to achieve a uniform look with a healthy complexion!
I am NC25 an di wear Deauville or Santa Fe.

on 6/28/2010 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I am always on the search for a new foundation. I was excited about the new Nars foundations and was first interested in the Sheer Matte due to my oily skin. I didn't like it and decided to try the Sheer Glow. I love it. It is so easy to blend, and the color selection is pretty good. My face does get a little oily by the end of the day and I do have to touch up once or twice, but the finish is so nice that it really doesn't bother me. I can't wait for fall/winter to see if it holds up better than during the summer.

on 6/26/2010 11:41:00 PM

At first I was skeptic on buying this foundation. At first it was hard to blend with my 190 brush. I tried my 187 brush and it works wonders but the best way to blend this product is with your hands. I think people with dry skin should be careful with this product because dry marks on skin may look patchy with this foundation. Love that this product is buildable and looks natural. Highly recommend buying the NARS primer because it tends to blend better with the product. Other primers make it hard for me to blend out this foundation. It is long lasting. Here and there I may need to touch up my t zone because it gets too oily. Excellent coverage and so light weight. Will be buying this pruct again!

on 6/25/2010 3:38:00 PM

So far the best foundation I have ever tried. Better than MUFE HD Foundation, IMO. Stays well on my combination/oily skin, but not with any primer underneath. I found it works best with MAC Matte or Philosophy The Present as primers, and applied with fingers instead of a brush. Looks extremely natural, has good coverage, has a satiny/velvety finish that is very flattering. I set it with my favorite powder, Maybelline Dream Matte Powder, and my face looks flawless for hours! Highly recommended. It's expensive, but worth every penny for the quality!

on 6/25/2010 10:45:00 AM

Probably the best overall foundation I have ever used. Yes, it's expensive but it's high quality and lasts a long time. Does not irritate my skin at all, great selection of colors. You can wear it very sheer or build it up for coverage. Either way, it looks really fresh, never heavy.

on 6/22/2010 11:07:00 PM

WHAT I LOVE:
-This foundation looks absolutely perfect in photography. My skin has never looked so flawless. I have also never gotten so many comments on my skin when I wear this foundation.
-I am an NC 35 in MAC, and the shade Punjab is just perfect. The NARS foundations aren't as yellow as MAC, but I find the NARS tone is better suited on my asian skin.
-I really like how this foundation dries using a MAC 130 brush, and it doesn't need to be set by a powder.

WHAT I DISLIKE:
-I have very dry cheeks, and a normal t-zone that gets fairly oily throughout the day. This foundation does not control the oil. The wear of this foundation lasts about 6 hours for me. When the 6th hour hits, my skin becomes fairly oily around my t-zone. (Without foundation, my t-zone becomes oily around 8 hours after I wake up)
-Another problem with my skin is that most foundations tend to ephasize the dryness in my cheeks. This foundation does that, unless I moisturize a lot. Also I cannot wear this everyday because for somereason if I wear this foundation over two days in a row but skin becomes excessively dry.
-I feel like the coverage is a little too heavy for everyday (good or bad, I guess)
-Upon application, it becomes tricky. The less applied, the better. But because the packaging is SO horrible, it becomes difficult to get the right amount out without wasting so much product. So if I accidently pour out too much product, I feel the need to use ALL of it because it would be such a waste if I dont since the foundation is quite expensive

OVERALL VERDICT:
-I love this foundation when the right amount is applied, like i said the less applied is better for me. I usually apply the majority on my cheeks and blend out.
-This foundation does not last long enough for my 8+ hours day at work, and also the finish it gives me makes me feel too "made-up"
-I WILL ABSOLUTELY repurchase due to the flawless look it gives in photography. I normally wear it when I go out, and I know there will be flash photography, but not my daily foundation.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

{PICTURES IN MY PROFILE}
.. one thing i like is that it has NO FRAGRANCE.. which is awesome!! the color matches are pretty alright, im an NC42 in MAC STUDIO FIX FLUID and i got this in SYRACUSE.. its not as yelllow as my mac, but not too noticable.. its just a tad bit off my skin tone (atm we're in winter here, soo its acceptable) perhaps in spring/summer it will match me perfectly.. the coverage is sheer to medium, but def buildable to cover scars but not as good as MAC SFF, goes on like a second skin. would probably purchase again if i can afford too, its really expensive at $99AUD..

on 6/20/2010 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I really like this foundation. It's lightweight, has great color match, easy to apply, and blends very well.
It looks great when u first apply it but my only gripe is that it pools into my pores a bit and has a dewy look mid day more on the oily side look and the price is a bit much!!
I've applied it with a stipple brush and foundation brush and both work well but I prefer the foundation brush the best. It will take off excess foundation

looks very natural in pictures

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I do not like this product at all.

The coverage is awful condersidering I dont have any prolem areas besides two break out scars and this product wouldnt cover it.. not many shades to choose from.. The price is a bit out there.. I like relvon over it many say its a dupe for it imo its better and cheaper.

on 6/16/2010 6:33:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I had been eyeing this foundation for awhile and finally bought it on my trip to Hawaii for $42 (usually $100 in Australia!) I went into Sephora and the SA colour matched me and the colour match was perfect! I ended up getting stromboli - medium 3. The coverage isn't very sheer, its more like the feel of a sheer foundation - its light, runny, very blendable. I think the coverage is light-medium but buildable to become full coverage. I only need the smallest amount to get light/medium coverage which is good since I only need a little amount of coverage. I've applied this with a stippling brush and my fingers, both ways work fine but for a more professional and flawless finish stippling is the best way. But I find that when I stipple it on, I can feel that I've got the foundation on, whereas when I use my fingers the feeling is less obvious (maybe from the warmth). BUT in saying thay, after a few hours, you don't feel it at all!
Like most people, the "glow" doesn't really appear until afew hours. On me its a semi-matte finish.. With a slight glow after a while which isn't shimmery, more like a natural radiance. This foundation is really bad if you've got dry skin or even dry patches, they will show up instantly! I need to put extra moisturiser now that its winter to avoid those dry patches (even though its meant for dry skin!)!
Its a good everyday foundation with no obvious smell to it. I'd be happy to buy it again but not for AU$100!

Video Reviews & Tutorials