December 22, 2014 | 1695 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2010 11:13:00 AM More reviews by Bondgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have normal/slightly dryish and very sensitive skin. This foundation suited me perfectly! It provides a very natural, non-sticky and fresh look. The coverage is sheer to medium depending on application. There are loads of wonderful shades to pick from and my current shade is Gobi, although I will buy a darker shade for when I am more tan.
I love that this foundation is fragrance free and non-comedogenic, which is extremely important for as I wont buy foundations with fragrance in it!
It doesn't dry out my skin and it does not oxidise throughout the day. My skin looks fresh and not irritated when I take off the makeup at the end of the day.
This together with the Vichy Aera Teint Pure Creme Foundation are currently my HG's!
I definitely recommend and will rebuy!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2010 6:57:00 AM More reviews by karynpwilson

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow - I love this product. Although very expensive in Australia ($99AUD) this is the best foundation I have ever used. Best applied with fingers after warming the product. Forget the brush.

My only complaint is that there is no pump in the product, but I snafooed one from the Nars counter. Someone told me NARS will add a pump in the near future.

My colour is Mont Blanc - a perfect match for my very fair skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2010 5:36:00 AM More reviews by Jaysta1985

I have no idea why NARS market this as a sheer glow foundation with a target market at Normal to Dry Skin, becos I have Normal/Combo/Oily Skin and it works wonders for me. I, like many other reviewers expected it to make my face look shiny and oily but my god it wasn't the case, in fact I was so shocked at how 'matte' and 'silky' the finish was. As with all my NARS foundations I use my hands, I find it works a lot better this way for me (although it didnt look too shabby applied and buffed with a MAC 109). I find this foundation actually looks better as the day goes on .... I am def in love and will repurchase this until it gets discontinued!

But the packaging... sucks...

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2010 9:07:00 PM More reviews by drdruggirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Over the years, I have accumulated quite the collection of foundations. I hate when foundations feel heavy and look too matte. I think the best way to find a color match is to go to a store and swatch it. It is too hard to order online via MAC coloring. For reference I am NW20-25 and I purchase punjab (originally ordered deauville). It is a medium coverage which blends into my skin exactly. There is noway you can see inperfections. You would never know I was wearing foundation. My skin just feel moisturized. After removal of this, my skin is softer and more even. I have found my HG and now thrown out my other foundations. PS thanx MUA or else I would have never found this

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2010 7:32:00 PM More reviews by genericbecca

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation is the only makeup product I could never live without. I have a hard time finding foundation because I am so pale, but it turns out that Siberia is the absolute perfect match for me. My cheeks are normal, but my t-zone is incredibly oily. Foundations start running off of my nose or my chin after one hour and the blotting sheets do nothing for me. However, my pores are nearly invisible and the foundation withstands the insane amounts of oil that my face produces. Another thing that is really great about this foundation is that it doesn't oxidize. I've had issues with foundations turning yellow on my face but I do not have that issue with this. The only downsides are that it is really expensive and it doesn't come with a pump. I felt like I was going to pass out when I was paying for this despite knowing the price beforehand. Without the pump, I tend to pour out way more than needed, so quite a bit of the product is wasted which means more money down the drain. Even though the cons are definitely disappointing, the pros completely outweigh them. I am absolutely going to buy this product again, but next time i'll try to find a pump.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2010 7:28:00 PM More reviews by lihenegri

I like this foundation. It's medium coverage, good enough for daily use. For stage use, just need to use double amount, it covers very well. As I have concert sometimes, I need a foundation cover well for stage and also nature looking as after the concert I might need to talk to people. To me, it's the best.

I actually chose a coulor a bit darker than my skin as I dont want to look soooooooo pale white on photos.

I have normal skin. The Lancome foundation is too oily for me, and the MAC is too dry. this NARS is just what I want.

And it NEVER gives you that mask looking, so I love it!!

I bought it for £28, which is ok and it last a long time even you use everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2010 5:52:00 PM More reviews by nitumathew

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love NARS Sheer Glow Foundation. I am one of the odd ones that could never find an exact match to my skin using the MAC foundations. The closest match was the Mineralize Satinfinish in NC50 which is lighter than the normal NC50 and darker than NC45.
Anyway, I use Sheer Glow in the color Macao. Although Sephora doesnt have all the shades, I bought mine from C O Bigleow after a makeup consult. I love how it feels and covers so effectively.
The only con I see is the fact that it can get slightly messy since it doesnt come with a pump. I consider this an investment to get glowy, dewy and natural skin or at least the look of it without piling tons of makeup on.

I have to give kudos to NARS who have mastered the art of having several shades for darker skintones and having different shades of yellow too! LOVE IT!!

EDIT: 11/14/10
Macao is definitely my fall and winter color. I did go buy a pump from the NARS website for 6 bucks. I only wish that one of the NARS colors would work for me in the summer, but the other shades are darker than my summer tan:( I still love the foundation and using my second bottle!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2010 5:22:00 PM More reviews by baybeelee

so i'd been on the hunt for a great foundation and i got samples from a couple of brands. I didn't like the drying finish of mufe hd and it broke me out. I also tried the hourglass veil foundation and it was so sticky and hard to blend. This however is awesome! It provides a medium coverage that feels lightweight, blends effortlessly and a little goes a long way! My sister commented that my face appeared to glow and that it didn't appear flakely on my cheeks which happens to me often. It cannot completely cover my dark acne marks however and is very expensive which is why i took off a lippie. It's lack of a pump does not bother me so much since i just put my finger over the opening when shaking it and then apply the product that gets stuck on my finger all over my face

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2010 2:00:00 PM More reviews by BabyEna

At long last, I found my HG Liquid foundation.

I have been searching the highest of mountains and lowest of pits and found something which 1. do not cake 2. melts away easily 3. within the humid in SE Asia. 4. Did not break out on me. 5. Covers my minor imperfections. 6. Did not make my nose like an oil slick even after 12 hours of work and sweat. (the rest of my face is dry). This list could go on but I shall stop for now.

I really love the Nars Sheer Glow. Its truly amazing. I have tested so many liquid fdts and everyone of them either caked on me, looks like a mask, feels heavy and uncomfortable but the NSG isn't one of those. Its extremely light and pleasant. Easy to spread on as well unlike Relvon Colorstay. I own like 7 ftd bottles at home and I find that I reach the NGS all the time.

The medium coverage is amazingly soft and makes me look airbrushed. I love that its fragance free,

The problem was Stromboli is too yellow for me. I am a mixed Asian with neutral skin tone. Will be getting Punjab once I'm at the duty-frees again. Another is that I hate the packaging of all Nars products and wishes this one comes with a pump very soon. Sometimes I over-spill them too much and I go OMG my $50 foundation T_T

My HG Foundation routine>> Studio Fix NC30 lightly brushed over Sheer Glow.

my makeup blog x www.mylittleplayhouse.wordpress.com x

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2010 1:29:00 PM More reviews by Sadbh123

I bought this in Light 1 which is a great match and has no pinky undertones like alot of light foundations do.
It makes my skin perfect without being heavy, and when applied with a Mac 109 it looks really flawless. My only problem with it is it dries out my skin a bit. Not an awful lot but it's still annoying. Other then that I really like it, but prefer my Armani Lasting silk.