November 24, 2014 | 1408 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2010 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Socotroca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Negatives first: Needs a pump, too expensive.

Ok, now that that's out of the way. I've been using this for about a month. I wanted to wait a while before writing a review because I have oily/sensitive/acne prone skin and wanted to see if it lived up to the hype. Alas, it has! I find that it mattifies quite a bit but gives off a luminosity. It's not dewy (which I would hate given my oilyness) but it does make you look radiant and people who have no clue about my makeup ask me what I've done lately cause I look more radiant. It has not broken me out or irritated my skin at all.

The price of this kills me, but it's sooo good! I will repurchase. And I'll try to get the good people at Sephora to gift me a pump for the bottle! LOL!

For reference, I'm a NC30-35 and Barcelona is a perfect match for me (I have olive undertone).

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2010 10:49:00 AM More reviews by kremy630

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE this foundation!!! I'm NC25-NC30 with olive undertones, and i chose Sante Fe.. i LOVE this foundation because unlike MAC Studio fix fluid (YUCK!!) this foundation does not have HUGEEE amounts of yellow in it.. such buildable coverage. I apply with MAC 190 by patting down foundation and blending with MAC 187.. No pump does suck but it just comes right out of the bottle not too thick like Revlon Colorstay.. Super expensive.. hope this lasts a long time.. Will defenitely repurchase!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2010 4:13:00 AM More reviews by jaya_1981

Love this foundation. It has great buildable coverage withour being heavy on my face or making me feel like it's blocking my pores- I have it in Barcelona and think it was worth the price. I apply it with a stipling brush then powder my eyelids and t zone with translucent. That prevents it from creasing on me. The only thing I don't like is that glass bottle.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2010 5:26:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this is a great product if you have great skin and have nothing to hide or conceal.

I had that skin when I was 20... but not now. I think this is a nice foundation.. but nice doesn't cut it for someone my age and with my imperfections.

I chose the Matte and am testing it now.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2010 4:35:00 PM More reviews by LemonSherbet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have alot of pink blotchiness on my cheeks and thought that this foundation would give me good coverage whilst making my skin look a little dewy and not looking like I was wearing a mask. Although it had mixed reviews I was eager to try it and with its hefty price tag I hoped for the best! It does have very good coverage, and the redness in my cheeks pretty much dissapeared when I applied it. However I dont feel as though my face looks dewy whilst wearing it, more like a little greasy. Together with my oily t-zone i find that I need quite a lot of powder on and around my nose to keep the shine away. The colour is good for my skin and it is easy to blend and apply.The packaging, which I find with all Nars products (as do most who have given reviews) is awful. The rubbery texture of the lid means that it gets very dirty very quickly, no matter how much you clean it, it always looks a mess! For me the price wasnt justified however for someone whos skin is perhaps a little dry this could be a good product!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2010 4:31:00 PM More reviews by jadelars34

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this a few weeks to get a good feel of it. At first i used my mac 187, if you want a more lighter application i would go with that brush. If you want more coverage i use the STudioTools stippling brush from target, weird I know. I like how this foundation isnt to glowy that i could top it with a powder or wear it alone, and its also easy to wear light or build the coverage, either way. I like this alot. I have had severe acne and this has not taken it away but it has not Broken me out at all, I'm sure of it... I havent noticed anything in my skin tone improving like it says though, but my skin is not at all irritated or hating this and the coverage is even and smooth and lightweight barely feels like its on. I like it lots.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2010 12:58:00 PM More reviews by saracc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
-It looks really beautiful on the skin, very bright and fresh. It doesn't seem like it's obviously coming from the foundation either it just looks very natural.
-This is supposed to be 'complexion brightening' and i'd agree. In the two weeks i've been using my skin has gotten clearer and it hasn't broken me out once.
-It's very light on the skin and doesn't feel like you're wearing foundation. It actually feels really pleasant on.

Cons:
-It seems to settle into every line and bump on your face. Halfway through the day I find myself having to go to the mirror and smooth out all the parts where it's settled into the lumps and bumps on my face - I usually do this with my finger. It seems to happen worse in the dry areas of my face.
-This only applies to people with oily skin like me but when i've got this on the oil seems to pour through my skin. Which I suppose is a good thing as it means it's letting my skin breathe, but blot papers are neccessary. Also it's just not pretty... bad times.

EDIT--- my previous conclusion was that I would buy it again but ive since decided against that. Oily skinned people should definitely go for Sheer Matte. That might be an obvious bit of advice but that isnt designed for oily skins and matte has a lot more to offer. If you're oily skinned your natural complexion is to 'glow'.. so in my opinion you dont need a booster.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2010 9:01:00 AM More reviews by jessijune9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Well I watch Lollipop26 on you tube religiously and she says this foundation is all the rave, I decided I needed to try it. Don't watch her if you don't want to purchase this... you will be ordering it today :) Overall this foundation was very good. I have very yellow skin, so I did not have a problem with the colors. The one thing I did not like is that this should not be titled "sheer glow" it is very very matte. There is nothing "glow" about it. My face looked very matte, in fact a little too much for my liking. This is not my HG foundation and I am on the fence about if I will ever repurchase again. To me it feels very heavy on my face, way to heavy for spring/summer time. I will try it on again when winter comes along. Right now my HG is Estee Lauder Nutritious. Love love love the dewy look this foundation provides.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2010 3:26:00 AM More reviews by meshedesigns

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love liquid foundation with that said this is a winner in my book...there are a few things that do bother me but overall a great buy.

great coverage, no mask like effect, natural,very liquidy, lightweight, non greasy, shows natural skin through makeup, improves skin tone with continued use, great for any skin type(in my opionon)

color selection sucks, very yellow undertones most shades, must work quickly, no pump, a little pricey (but worth it), a little drying(gear toward dry to normal but prob works for oily)

Overall worth the price tag achieves a great natural makeup finish. Finally a foundation worth repurchasing

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2010 1:43:00 AM More reviews by tarynnichelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

ok so i was skeptical at first. I have always used bare escentuals and love how it didnt sink into my pores like liquid foundation. I went to NOrdstrom and asked to get matched for NARS sheer glow because i have seen nothing but good things about this foundation. He matched me to Barcelona. AS soon as he put it on my face i couldn't feel a thing. IT IS SO LIGHT! When i first discovered makeup i looked like an oompa loompa. the more foundation the better! i realized less is more and this does it. It gives you a flawless, smooth finish. It is a little MATTE but i just added luminizer on my cheekbones and nose(anywhere else desired) after i moisturized, than put my foundation on. I like this better than my minerals because it feels moisturizing and gives a clean look. The directions say to use your hands but that's just not for me. Instead i put a dab on the back of my hand and let it sit there for about 30 seconds and then use my brush to put it on. The reason i gave it a 4 because it doesn't have a pump, so it CAN get messy. It is a little pricey, but i love it. BUT!!, If anyone finds a dupe, I am open to try it! I heard neutrogena has a good one? Tomorrow I am making a trip to sephora to get the NARS casino bronzer, Mountain Powder, And super orgasm blush. I love color and always have been a MAC FAN, but I am reformed and addicted to NARS!:) I have fallen in love with all their products.