August 20, 2014 | 1055 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2010 11:47:00 PM More reviews by stephanieis12345

i absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this foundation. I am in stromboli and it looks amazing.... my boyfriend said that i look younger and that my skin looks really soft, he said that i didn't look like i was wearing any makeup but my skin looked flawless. it's a medium coverage foundation but that's all i need, plus it doesn't get cakey. it looks awesome in photos and if i set it with a light layer of powder... it does not budge!! the only thing i don't like is that it doesn't have a pump :/ and it is a bit pricey for a foundation... but i really love this product and it has become my HG foundation!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2010 12:44:00 AM More reviews by brandi14307

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My color is Deauville and this is my favorite foundation Ever. I have tried a bunch of Mac foundations and they have always been just a little to red.. except for c1 in the face and body. But then I bought this at Sephora and Hubby even noticed the change and says how great my foundation looks.. and it's his favorite ever. It looks so natural and not nasty.. and it is just so amazing. I think I will be buying this foundation till the day I die.
I have dry skin.. And I moisturize,and then use macs prep and prime then Macs strobe liquid and I put this on with a sponge and it looks amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2010 6:41:00 PM More reviews by mareeyah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm very picky about foundation since I rarely wear it because of that "makeup-ey" look. But I do want that flawless look when I'm going out for a special occasion. I bought this because it's typically sheer, but can be buildable. It's similar to MAC's Mineralize Satinfinish SPF foundation but doesn't contain the shimmer that MAC's foundation has. It's great for evening out skin tone but does not cover sun spots or freckles very well. It does soften up their appearance, but you'll have to wear concealer under or over first. I wear it in the color Punjab, and I'm typically an NC30 or C3 in MAC. The color matches me really well, and they have around 3-4 different shades in each color category (light, medium, or dark) to match your skin tone. I like to set this foundation with a transparent powder so that its sets as natural as possible. If you use colored foundation or even Studio Fix powder, it lays down too thick making your face look very powdered. Plus, the purpose of this foundation is to make it look as natural as possible. If you're looking for sheer to medium coverage, then this foundation will work out great for you. The only downside I've found is it costs almost twice as much as MAC foundations. I got mine for $42 plus tax at my Sephora. This product also DOES NOT come with a pump, nor was a pump available for purchase for this product at Sephora.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2010 6:12:00 PM More reviews by taliajune

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best foundation I have ever tried. It has a medium buildable coverage and a satin finish. I wear the shade 'Benares' which is not available at Sephora. You need very little of this foundation; it has a wonderful formula that spreads easily. The best application method for this foundation is using a beauty blender- 2nd best would be to use your fingers. Using a brush is not the best application method for this foundation. I get "beautiful skin" compliments when I wear this foundation.
There are two slight Cons though: 1) (packaging) where is the friggin pump?! and 2) (formula) there is slight transfer when wearing this foundation (it doesn't fully set) perhaps that's what makes it look glowy...
Will continue to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2010 6:50:00 AM More reviews by cserannie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin but with primer/powder, you can't tell. I love this foundation because it doesn't look like a mask, absolutely wearable, yet covers that you want to hide. I bought Mont Blanc (I am a NW20) and it seems a tiny bit light but I add a little bronzer and it's perfect. During the day, it won't turn into orange or a darker shade. It stays in place and doesn't look shiny, just gives you a decent dewy look. I am happy with it but I want a pump for heaven sake!!!!

Edit: The hype is over at least for me. Now I find it too sheer for my oily skin. Maybe because it's September now, but I want something with more coverage, more matifying power!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2010 1:05:00 AM More reviews by babyscorpion

I am on the love wagon of this foundation. I really love it. The consistency, the application, the color, the staying power. I do love it. The only negative i find is the packaging. For a $40+ foundation i do expect a pump on it. I feel i do use more product without the pump, therefore i do end up using more product. The coverage of this foundation is more medium, therefore i do feel the need of using concelear to cover imperfections. Other than that, i love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2010 9:07:00 PM More reviews by jeremyswife

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I guess this foundation is just not for me! I've heard nothing but great things on youtube about this foundation and i've read nothing but great reviews about it so I hate to be someone to talk bad about this foundation but I REALLY do not like it at all! The foundation itself is very pretty it almost has a irredescent look it reminds me of Clinique's even better foundation. I've been using this foundation for two months i really wanted to love it but it just looks too blotchy. I live in a very humid area and this stuff just slides off my face about a hours or so after I apply it and my face is not oily. When i put this on in my house i look gorgeous but within a couple of hours I look horrible! I will be sticking to my Lancome Teint Idole foundation its by far the best foundation ever! It doesn't break me out and it stayed on my face and looked flawless during 14 hours of labor with my daughter! Not too many foundations can do that!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2010 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Justicet2009

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ok ladies, foundation time! This foundation is extraordinay. I see why the you tube hype on this is so high. Consistancy is a tad runny, not really thick or creamy. This reminds me of a tinted moisturizer with the look of a flawless foundation. This blends amazingly well. No streaks, harsh lines or cakey look what so ever. This never settles in fine lines or wrinkes. The finish on this is hard to explain. Its not matte, dewey, or satin. Its more of a glowy, illuminating look. It is not oily at all and stays throughout my busy day without touch up. The price, a whopping $42 at sephora, which is a tad high in my opinion, but none the less, still worth it. Packaging is horrible. Glass jar, screw on lid but no PUMP. It can get messy easily, and i hate that. All in all this is a great foundation for my combo, acne prone skin. No breakouts! My color is Punjab and im nc30 and the match is purrrfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2010 1:55:00 AM More reviews by CandeeNova

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

MAC NC 35

Everytime that I wear this foundation I get so many compliments about my skin. When I look in the mirror, I really don't see much of a difference other than my skin looking even, but I get so many compliments about my skin "glowing" or looking "delicious" that I know it must be doing something. Also, I was recently photographed in this foundation and it photographs BEAUTIFULLY!!!!
What I love about this foundation is that it doesn't bother my skin!!! I have very senstive reactive skin that's VERY prone to clogged pores and milia and this has yet to break me out! Shame on me, but I even slept in it a few times and not a hint of a break out. It also is supossed to help your skin with long term use.

It is expensive but it works so well I will keep buying it.

The name is sheer glow, but don't let it fool you. it give me great even coverage and blends very easily. Also, it says it's made for dryer skin, but I have fairly oily skin and it works very well and lasts a long time on me.

I apply it with my fingers, a Sonia Kashuk contour flat top brush or with a mac 130. I feel that I get the sheerest coverage with my fingers and the most coverage with a brush

My only gripe, the packaging. I wish it had a pump like it does at the store.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2010 7:09:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

After MULTIPLE recommendations from friends and on you tube I finally decided to give in and try Nars Sheer Glow. Understand, I am in the midst of a foundation hunt and within the past couple of months have bought a couple of MAC ones and the matte in MUFE. Without a doubt the Nars is the best I have yet to try. It has good coverage yet still looks dewy and not so matte that I look like I have a mask on. Actually, to be fair the others worked well but this one seems to have a nice consistency and appearance on my skin. I think it is important to have yourself matched to the color on this foundation before buying it which means that I would not purchase it for the first time on line. Sigh...in search of the perfect complexion...