Urban Decay NAKED

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

For those who don't find this Palette workable or with to much shimmer, don't know the fine art of creating a look that's all you, incorporating other colors and styles, mixing and matching. This is my go-to Palette and I even use it when I am going to wear blacks and grays because you can do so much with the colors in here, also many of them go with my darker shadows perfectly.

I use Creep and Gunmetal to line my eyes most of the time. Since they are so pigmented, they almost look black to someone not paying attention. I also love mixing Smog and Sin together (actually anything with sin is amazing, you can dress your look up or dress it down). I primarily use Virgin as a highlight, but sometimes will brush or pat it over a darker lid just to lighten it up.

Half Bakes is probably the most shimmery of the group, but I still love the color. For me, it's to vibrant to wear alone, but I do tone it down with Toasted and Darkhorse which I get complimented on.

These shadows are amazing the possibilities are endless. Wear them individually, layer them with others from the Palette or even other favorites in a different Palette.

Price really isn't that bad. I paid 48 dollars (I have the one with the pencil) at Ulta --- they surprisingly had one in stock. Basically you're paying 4 dollars for one color. Which isn't all that bad since it's UD and you pay around the much for a less pigmented version at a drug store. Plus I wear this Palette almost everyday whether to work or a night out on the town --- and I haven't hit the bottom on any color.

on 9/4/2011 2:51:00 AM

This is the bomb diggity. I'm around a NC20-25, olive skin tone, brown hair, big-ish eyes that have a lot of "flappy" eyelid space. This palette has several great shades in one package. It's pretty fool proof. I tend not to wear the shades on the right side as much (e.g. Creep) because I usually wear this palette during the day time. My favourite daily look is Naked, then Buck in the crease, with some Sin on the browbone, along with black e/l.

It's been a great purchase that I do NOT regret and would re-buy once I use up the shadows.

BTW Canadian ladies - I snagged one of these at the SDM in Yorkdale Mall in Toronto.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love the colors, I like tan colors pigment. I was looking for this palette for awhile with the colors and this is it.
It is expensive for tiny pigments but its worth it and they give you a tiny shimmer to try as well. BONUS!

on 9/4/2011 1:21:00 AM

I really love this palette! I had some trouble with fallout at first, but I think it is the brush that is included that is the problem. I like to use the brush for blending, but I use my fingers or my e.l.f. shader brush to pack on color. This builds up color quicker, and I don't end up with glitter everywhere. The colors in the palette are beautiful and silky and last all day. I'm so glad I was finally able to grab this!

The Urban Decay Naked Palette has 12 shadows, and is priced at $48 in sephora in the US, $4 per shadow. I have a fair complexion, so anything past "naked", I cant use all over the lid. I do appreciate the pigmentation that the colors have, though. I do have to say, the shadows are quite tiny and not all are wearable, such as "creep" and "gunmetal". Beside those two little cons, this palette is 100% amazing. I wouldn't re-purchase the palette again because there's no way I could use all of the eyeshadows in my first one, let alone my second! for my wallet's sake, I would only re-purchase my favorite shades in single form...such as "sin" and "toasted". But if I were to go back in time and have the choice to not purchase my original one, I would still buy it, thats why i chose to say i'd buy it again. LOVE. :)

on 9/2/2011 10:24:00 PM

This was my first palette from UD and it's the one I always reach for. I really like that I can use this for my day to day work look as well as glam up with it for a night out. The colors are very pigmented and a little bit goes a long way so I think the price is worth it in the long run. The only downfall I had with this was the long wait and back-orders I had to wait through to get it.

on 9/1/2011 7:06:00 AM

I LOVE this product.

I was rather late to jump on the band wagon, getting it months and months after it first came out. So then when i cm across it while watching some beauty gurus on youtube I immediatley thought "I HAVE GOT TO TRY THAT". I am sooooo happy that i did! It is a gorgeous palette, well worth the price and i would recommend it to anyone! :D

on 9/1/2011 2:36:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I managed to get my hands on this palette when it was sold out everywhere so I am reviewing the original version with double ended 24/7 pensil and mini primer in it. Well, in my opinion it doesn't live up to all hype around it. I only find 2-3 wearable colors in this palette. the others (especially white and darks) I will never use. The shimmer doesn't bother me that much, but I was expecting more wearable browns for everyday "naked" look. The quality is also poor compared to MAC shadows. And because I have lots of MAC neutrals that I adore, I don't find myself reaching for Naked palette very often. What a waster of money!

on 8/31/2011 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I really like my Naked palette. I know that some people don't think that it works for cool skin tones but it doesn't bother me. I really like that there's a range of colours and they're not all totally neutral. I also like that it's less matte because I'm not a huge fan of matte e/s. I really like the brush and I think it's great quality. You can use it for more than one colour because the colour sticks to one side if you pat it on that way. The fallout from a couple of the shadows is a bit of a pain, but if you do your eyes first and then brush the fallout off it shouldn't be a problem.

A note on the packaging. Some people have mentioned that they don't like the velvet. I can see why it would be a dust catcher but I keep mine in a plastic box so it doesn't catch dust or in a drawer and I kept it in it's original plastic packaging for the first two months because I loved the palette so much!

on 8/31/2011 9:02:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

There's a reason why this is so popular, UD has an awesome eyeshadow formulation and neutral/nude/naked colors are much more easier to wear. There really isn't anything else left to say about it! I am able to do a look that is work appropriate and then able to morph it into something more dramatic just with this one palette. I do think that it might be a little too warm for the cooler toned gals though. I don't like the brush that it came with, well at least for eye makeup. I think it is better for packing on color than blending. I actually use it for applying concealer so it wasn't a total waste. Sidecar does have some fallout but I dust that off with a fan brush. I actually like that the depth of that shade, it gives nice shadows in the crease area (if that makes sense!).

Popular Palettes

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Urban Decay Naked Palette Neutral Tutorial by ShyGirlBeauty

Bronzed Naked Palette Tutorial! by fashionista804

New Year's Eve & Party Smokey Makeup Tutorial! 2015 by Angie Wilches

How to Look Like Kim Kardashian- Smoky & Glowy Makeup Tutorial- Naked Palette! by OMGigi

Top Rated Urban Decay Products