October 23, 2014 | 852 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2011 1:08:00 AM More reviews by madcow216

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This foundation is pretty good, but not amazing. It glides on very smoothly, but I wish it had more coverage. I also only get 4-5 hours of wear with this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2011 1:05:00 AM More reviews by sallysellsseashells

I'll be honest, for the longest time, I was so scared to try MUFE foundations due to the obscene amount of confusing color choices. I orginally was heading to Sephora for the Mat Velvet Plus foundation but was sad to find that my Sephora didn't carry it. So, I decided to try HD. Before heading out, I checked on Temptalia's Foundation Matrix. I listed all the medium tones that might suit me. After swatching about 7-8 shades, I realized that MUFE foundations run dark. I'm always a medium tone in all my foundations and was surprised to find out I fit in the light shades with HD. The Sephora SA picked out two shades that would work for me: #120 Soft Sand (Light with yellow undertones), #123 Desert (Light with olive undertones). I thought I was more #128 Almond (Medium with beige undertones). However, once I swatched it on my face, it was a dark peach beige that didn't look right. I settled on #123 Desert due to being less yellow and was more darker which looked better on me. The Sephora SA told me that HD is long wearing, keeps skin oil free and is full cover. As for long wearing, I really can't tell that yet because it's only in the 30's here and I will need to wait until the hot and humid weather to come. As for keeping oil in control, I find if you dust the MUFE HD loose powder over this foundation, it did keep me oil free for most of a winter day. I'm not sure how this will hold up without using the powder. As for full cover, I disagree. With one layer, I got light cover and still saw my blemishes and redness. I got medium cover with two layers but my redness still managed to show through a little. So, I was a bit disappointed with the cover. Coming from someone with combo skin, this was VERY tricky to work with. I have an oily Tzone and dry flaky patches on my cheeks and around my mouth. When I first applied this, I didn't use moisturizer or primer and it clinged onto my dry patches very bad and looked terrible. I did find a way to prevent this. I liberally apply an oil free moisturizer to my entire face. Next, I dab some aloe vera gel over my dry patches and let that set. After the moisturizer and aloe are set, I apply primer and wait about 4 minutes for that to set. Lastly, I damp my foundation brush and apply HD foundation. It is a long process for foundation application, but it really makes it all worth it. I feel that the finished look is nice but wish it covered my redness better. I look great in natural sunlight and noticed that this didn't oxidate over time which is a huge plus. The only two things I'm keeping an eye on is: 1. Will this clog pores/cause breakouts & 2. Will this last on my skin during the summer. I will update later. As for the price, it's expensive at $40(US) and it's a PITA to find. If you don't live near a Sephora to swatch colors, it's very hard to pick shades online.
UPDATE: If I'm in the sun or do any physical labor, this tends to seep into my pores (even w/ primer and make them look huge and greasy). This will look perfect if you sit all day and not sweat. Also, I usually go for light-medium cover in foundations, but this looked more like a tinted moisturizer on me and just wasn't the coverage I was looking for.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2011 12:06:00 PM More reviews by dinahepburn

I've bought this foundation after my MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation ended, and, so far, i really like it.
I has really great coverage (i have some pimples, and i barelly use concealer after applying this foundation), and it does not look heavy (seriously, it looks so natural on my skin.)
Plus, MUFE has a great color range, so i easily found a mach to my NW 20 skin.
This foundation would be absolutly perfect if it was a bit cheaper and if it lasted a little longer on my skin without it starting to look ''kind of oily'' on my t-zone.

Bottom line: i am definitely buying this foundation again (:

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2011 10:47:00 PM More reviews by princesslola13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got this in 177,which the sales people at sephora advised me to buy because i told them i wear mac nc 45 or c7.This shade is nothing like nc 45 imo.it looked flat, grey and dead.Apart from the strange shade,I do not like the finish.i prefer my revlon photoready to this.now i have to mix it with ohther foundations to be able to wear it.i look ill if i wear it on its own.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2011 10:30:00 PM More reviews by princessandrew

favorite foundation hands down. i love the packaging, minus the fact that i'm terrified i'll shatter it one day because i'm a clutz. it's extremely pricey, but i think it's worth the money. it has amazing coverage, feels great, looks great. what's there not to like about it?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2011 2:42:00 AM More reviews by MES

A little pricey, but not super expensive. This truly looks good under all sorts of conditions, even florescent lighting. It provides a medium level of coverage without looking heavy or cakey. I am currently breaking out on my cheeks and this helps reduce the the appearance of my acne, but does not completely cover it. A pump to a pump and half should be sufficient for the average face. I really like the shade selection, I am fair with yellow undertones and 117 matches me almost perfectly. wear is about average. My only disappointment would be that i suspect that this foundation is causing me to break out. I really like it otherwise, and would repurchase if it didn't make me feel like I was 16 again. All in all a good versatile foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2011 9:30:00 PM More reviews by megmccl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

the coverage of this foundation is not very great, it is probably a light to medium coverage. i wasn't looking for a lot of coverage though. the finish of this foundation is what i find amazing. it sets on your skin to a satin like finish. it feels light on your face.

i always get compliments from people on my skin when i wear this foundation. its just amazing.

the packaging is nice, it has a pump and it comes with it. you don't need to buy it separate. which is always nice.

the price may seem steep to some people. but when it comes to the quality of this foundation and the look and finish it gives to your skin. i think the price is definitely justified.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2011 4:15:00 AM More reviews by fionamimi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this product. I really liked the Mat Velvet one but they didn't have a shade that matched me, and the HD foundation had one that matched me but I didn't like the coverage or the wear.

I did a hair show before and this is what the "make-up artist" put on me... It's a light-medium coverage foundation and I didn't really see what was soooo High Definition about it. Don't get me wrong because MUFE is one of my FAVE lines... this one didn't get my love though :(

rated 1 of 5 on 3/10/2011 7:42:00 PM More reviews by babygirl1814

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

IT LET ME DOWN BIG TIME! After using MUFE Mat Velvet foundation, i thought it was time I switched foundations and tried something new. Mat velvet has been the best foundation i have ever used so far, and trust me i have tried, drug store foundations, clarins, giorgio armani, chanel mat lumiere, pro lumiere, dior show and dior nude, mac studio fix, studio tech etc...Having read so many reviews about this incredible new HD foundation by MUFE i was convinced this could be the one. I took myself down to Make up provisions (UK) to test out colors to see what would best match my skin, with the help of a SA we tried and tested, ummed and arrrrd matched and mismatched, but the colors just would not match unless i mixed 2 colors together and i dont want to do this on a regular basis and even then i just didnt think it was 100%. I have quite a golden complexion for asian skin, i wear 60 honey beige in the mat velvet but nothing in the HD was the perfect shade. Eventually the closest i thought looked ok at the time was shade 153 golden honey, i bought home a tester pot size enough for 2 full coverage applications. Excited for a dinner date i applied the foundation in this shade with great blending difficulty, it just felt so thick and heavy and not perfect at all. eventually i got it to settle and went over with my MUFE HD powder, (this is a great powder), and as it settled it looked ok, anyhow i dolled up with the rest of my make up and within an hour and a half the foundation was melting and t zone shining like a star! :( i had only spent that time in the car driving ...... i didnt feel pretty i wanted to go home and take it off and sleep off my feelings. this foundation was just a total miss with me, i have great skin (as the Clarins therapists tell me) one or two blemishes no acne no breakouts basically normal skin and i can go out with just a moisturiser on and its clean and dewy. But this foundation was just wrong on so many levels in comparison to the MUFE mat velvet that is my HG foundation i could not live without it and it sits perfect on my skin with the HD powder. Thank god though due to my careful and test in store and bring home and test again then purchase instinct i got away with just disliking the tester pots and not a full expensive bottle. Im still to find the next perfect foundation as i like to change as the seasons change, for now though mat velvet all the way!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2011 12:36:00 AM More reviews by nicollefaye

love it! really good coverage, and with the finishing power, my skin looks flawless. it is costly though, so it is definitely not an everyday use kind of thing. love it, but for the cost i am trying to find something else not quite as pricey. send me a message if you have any recommendations :)