BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

4.1

on 10/18/2006 11:38:00 PM

HighBeam. Not bad....

Still holding out for my HG hiliter, but this does a good job. I'm a neutral-toned
PPP and this shimmers and shines nicely on my skin. I use it to accent my cheekbones or to put a bit of glimmer under my brow and in the corner of my eyes. I do not mix this one with my foundation, though, because it can get a bit too pinky for me (that's how fair I am!).

1 lippie off because this is slightly annoying to apply with the brush. It goes onto my hand and I use a better brush or my finger, to be honest. Another lippie off because there's something about it that makes it weird to apply- sometimes streaky, sometimes cakey. Have to be careful when in the repertoire it gets tossed in- under my powder and it can get buried, over it and it can get thick and wonky. Whatever is responsible for that is probably what causes the product to cake up around the bottle top, which is ookie. continued >>

on 10/4/2006 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I like it. It highlights what I lack. I've had a 'babyface' for my entire life, and I don't think anymore 'baby fat' is going to go away. What does my face look like? A blob. The only facial bone structure you can make out is probably the protrusion of my nose. But, it gives me a flirty glimmer.

on 9/24/2006 4:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This highlighter is really awesome. I love it more than any other I've tried, and I've tried ALOT. It really does give me an ethereal look that I've been wanting forever. It's not so noticeable that someone would be like "you have glitter on your face". It gives a more glowing, ethereal effect. This is the perfect shade for me and I really thought it wouldn't look good because I thought moonbeam was best suited for my skintone based on alot of reviews saying highbeam was for cool-toned gals and moonbeam for warm-toned. I guess I'm one of those warm-toned gals that look better in cool-toned colours. The MA at the counter put this on me and I just had to have it. I also really like the packaging. I think it's cute. I love almost all benefit's packagine though :P I would definitely recommend that ladies try highbeam on one side and moonbeam on the other to see which one is best suited. I love this soooooooooo much and I will repurchase when I finish it. For reference I'm NC30-35, asian. $26CAD.

on 9/18/2006 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I loved this. I like it best mixed with a little moisturizer though for a natural look, though with tinted moisturizer it's great. I've also done the strategic dotting thing, and it's done pretty well. The only problem, and this is the problem with most liquid highlighters: if you put it on before finishing powder, it disappears, after powder it will streak, without powder and you get all oily and the highlighter just gets lost in the mess and it's not strategic because your whole face is an oilslick. It's tricky, but it can be great. Would repurchase.

on 8/31/2006 6:19:00 PM

After seeing this product raved and reviewed about in magazine after magazine, I finally broke down and bought it. I'm so glad I did! I just dab a little on my cheeks and the bridge of my nose over foundation and it gives me a very natural looking sheen that lasts all day. I think the trick is "less is more" with this product. If you add too much, it'll look too shimmery and fake. I tried adding it to my foundation as stated in the instructions for an all-over glow, but I don't need any extra shine on my forhead so that doesn't work for me. I can tell this bottle is going to last a very long time, but I'll definitley buy again when it runs out!

I used and owned this product for years in the typical manner (to highlight my cheekbones or eyebrows), and always loved it. Recently though I was turned on to a new way to use it which I have to share with you. I mix it with my liquid foundation for extra glow and luminescience for my skin. I have gotten so many compliment on my skin it is amazing. I mix one inch long line of high beam with a couple dollops of my foundation (MAC) on the back of my hand and then apply it to my skin. I have uneven skin tone attributed to hyperpygmentation. This added glow hides the differences in tone and makes my skin glow. Try it with your foundation! You may have to experiment to get the right amount with your own foundation but it will be worth it. It looks great. It does lighten your foundation about a half shade which could be a problem for some but.....try this tip! Especially if you are a thirty something like me and have lost that youthful glow. This tip might just bring it back! Hope you love it like I do!

on 8/23/2006 5:18:00 AM

a fantastic wee highlighter that draws attention to anywhere you want it! use this on my bare skin when i want a dewy, 'just fell out of heaven glow', a great accompaniement to smoky eyes, or days when my skin is looking slightly lacklustre. absolutely adore it.

on 8/22/2006 9:58:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I use High Beam every day. I use it as a highlight under my eyebrows. It's a great alternative to using a whitish eyeshadow under the brow to highlight. I love it, & I will repurchase when it runs out.

on 7/23/2006 12:27:00 PM

This stuff is really pretty nice on my fair skin...highlights very lightly and doesn't look fake. It's expensive, but lasts a long time.

on 7/21/2006 6:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

like it alot. am rather pale and this is best used at night as can look bit fake during the day. Use it on all usual places, very good if u want that glowy model look. bottle lasts for ages but aplication/ packaging is terrible would prefer in more hygenic squeeze tube or something. experiment with the application too little doesnt work too much no good either......
would buy again as its a very nice highlighter and works well for me.
price reasonable since it lasts so long but will be dried up and awful messy bottle by the end.

Video Reviews & Tutorials