MAC Prep and Prime Fix Plus

4.1

Water, glycerin, butylene glycol, Cucumis Sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf extract, tocopheryl acetate, caffeine, panthenol, arginine, ethylhexylglycerin, PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil, Ppg-26-Buteth-26, fragrance, disodium Edta, dehydroacetic acid, phenoxyethanol, benzoic acid.

on 6/25/2008 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I love this product. when i first got it i used it to "set" my makeup. and on hot days its feels great to spray it on.
and for the really hot days (and lemme tell you it gets HOT here in california), i use mineral makeup. and fix+ is great to get rid of the cakey looking finish.

on 6/22/2008 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i honestly dont know wat this does.. i love love it the second i put it on and i have this wet super dewy look because of the water..but thats obviously not going to last..as soon as it dries up its same as before..its a nice way to feel ur makeup has been "refreshed" after a long day out in the sun. i love the packaging its cute how u spray it on ..and it is PERFECT for travel, although i have yet never taken it out..il admit that i bought it cos everyone one else seems to have bought it. i havent used it in any other way so far even though i know its multi purpose
i changed my mind on the rating i think i can now never live without it. lol. i spray it all the time after fininshing my makeup it takes away any dry flakiness i have going on in my skin. so far so good for the winter time!

on 6/22/2008 12:23:00 PM

I love my Fix+!! It's soooo multi useful. I like to keep it in the fridge and spritz on hot days as well as use it with my powder foundation to give a better finish. It's not a must have item, but it's definitely fun! I love it and would def buy again!!

on 6/20/2008 4:31:00 PM

Fix+ is a good product, amazing? possibly. I have pretty oily skin so after apply heavy makeup it does tend to make cakiness go away and set the makeup, however I notice it also tends to make my skin appear oily, something I want to avoid. The smell is nice, the price is UNBELIEVABLE and the spray bottle is accurate. I think I'll save my Fix+ for drier winter weather when my skin is thirsty

Bottom Line: Great for dry weather and dry skin, us oily skins need to not use it during summer and hot weather. Still a great product!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I use mineral foundation, specifically the entire line from Laura Mercier, so I'm putting on a mineral primer (powder), the mineral foundation, and I set it off with mineral finishing powder.

That's alot of powder! And despite how little I use of each, it's inevitable to make me look powdery, plus I have dry skin to begin with, so I was looking for smth that will take away the powderness feel.

I've tried alot of toners, water sprays, sure they feel nice the moment you put it on, but it evaporates like water and leaves nth behind.

But with Fix+, because it's glycerin based, it leaves your skin quite glowy. Do not spray it too close, or you will look oily bc the glycerin will set it, spray it arm length away, and lightly. You can always re-spray mid day to freshen your face up. Pretty good!

on 6/20/2008 7:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I never thought I could give a high rating to Fix+ because I simply couldn't make it work for months! I bought it based on the good reviews and raves on the board like many of you too. And again like everyone I had high hopes and really wanted to love it. But after a couple of attempts, I ended up hating it with a passion. So many times I was this close to add my poisonous review and toss the bottle to the trash but instead I kept coming here and reading the reviews over and over again so that I could find another way of using it.

First of all, the bottle is out of this world. I think MAC made a huge mistake by changing the design. The spray doesn't do a good job at delivering the product to the face evenly. Instead it squirts the fluid on one spot of my face and ruins the make up on that area. So I had to transfer the liquid into another spray bottle = 1 lippy down for the messy packaging!

As most reviewers suggested to use Fix+ with mineral makeup, my first attempt was with MAC Natural MSF. I sprayed Fix+ on my face after applying the MSF and gently buffed it onto my skin with MAC #182. The result was not breathtaking. Also I think it didn't agree with the formula of Natural MSF because when I wore them together, the Fix+ made my face itchy and burned a little. Then I tried to spray it on my brush, swipe the powder and then apply. Well the result was better this time. But this technique made the surface of the MSF as hard as a rock and I had to scratch it the next day I want to use it again - very wasteful indeed. Many people talked about the inside-out glow it gives to skin when used over MMU but on my normal to dry skin it didn't do wonders or bring such a glow whatsoever.

Some said they spray Fix+ onto their eyeliner brush when they are going to use eyeshadows as liner. I didn't find it doing an earthshattering job for that purpose though. Fix+ is NOT Mixing Medium.

As a final attempt, I tried it *before* applying my daily moisturizer. Finally I'm happy with the result. I know that some reviewers with oily skin complained that Fix+ made them look like they smeared cooking oil on their faces but my normal to dry skin was craving for a 'Fix' like this for the longest time! And I never knew that I already have the remedy on hand, but instead I was all over the place, searching for the moisture boosters, splurging on yet another expensive serum and so on. Fix+ finally became something I really need to use. When used under moisturizer, it takes away the cakey look that the foundation gives because it creates a well moisturized canvas of skin. I don't have to worry about my flaky nose anymore because this handles it as well. But most importantly now I have 'the glow' too!

If you have normal or dry skin, I highly recommend Fix+ to you. But you might still need a better spray bottle to be able to fully enjoy it. continued >>

on 6/18/2008 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

My review is going to sound very much like tiffankl's, I too was so very excited to try this product because so many of you girls were in love with it, but it was the biggest disappointment. Ever.

I tried Fix+ by spraying it before I applied my mineral foundation, spraying it only after foundation to set it, or both of those together. I sprayed Fix+ an arms length away from my face, with initial use I started with one spritz on each side of my face, but because the results were less than stellar I tried just one spritz evenly all over. My skin responded by looking like a dream for the first 1-2 hours but by the afternoon my face ALWAYS ended up looking extremely oily with a greasy sheen! I have combo skin, but this caused even the normal parts of my face to look like I'd wiped down in cooking oil. And I couldn't have said this any better myself, "I really didn't want to believe it, because I wanted to love this product." (thanks tiffankl)

I'm posting it in the swap. So you ladies who love it....have at it.

on 6/14/2008 7:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I was hesitant to buy this product for a long time. But I am so glad I finally gave in and bought myself a bottle. I use mineral makeup and find it a bit drying on my skin so a spritz of this and my makeup looks less powdery and flawless. Plus, this is great as a refresher through the day. Definitely my new favorite product!

on 6/13/2008 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love everything about this product. I use it after finishing all my face makeup and it helps my foundation last hours longer. It also gets rid of the gross powdery look that i had before using fix+. I prefer not to spray it directly to my face because then it drips everywhere. I just spray to pumps onto my brush for my forehead then 2 more for each cheek. It makes my skin feel so refreshed.

on 6/11/2008 4:49:00 AM

I was very excited to try this product since it had gotten so many rave reviews, but I have to say I was extremely disappointed. I tried Fix+ in a variety of ways--spraying it before I applied my moisturizer, spraying it after I applied moisturizer but before I put on foundation, spraying it after foundation to set it...

No matter what I did, my face ALWAYS ended up looking extremely oily and gross! And I don't even have oily skin to begin with, so this really bothered me. I couldn't figure out why suddenly my face looked so glossy and nasty, and then I realized it was the Fix+. I really didn't want to believe it because I wanted to love this product, but unfortunately it just made my face look disgusting and oily.

Before Fix+, I always just used Shu Uemura's Depsea Facial Mist. I got a bunch of the small travel size ones as gifts for purchasing above a certain amount at the Shu counters in Taiwan, but I ran out of them and so that's why I decided to give Fix+ a try. BAD IDEA. Shu's facial mists are SOOO much better, and the scents are much more pleasing. (The lavender scent one is the BEST!) Also, they do a much better job of hydrating my skin than Fix+, AND most importantly they set my makeup really well without giving me that dirty gross oily look that I get with Fix+. The Shu facial mist might be a tad more expensive than MAC Fix+, but I think it's totally worth it. Ugh I am so disappointed by this MAC product! Terrible Terrible Terrible!

Oh, and I also didn't spray a lot. I spray Fix+ at arms-length away from my face, with just one spritz that goes on evenly all over. So there's no excuse for my face to look so gross!!!

Popular Face Skincare Products