April 18, 2014 | 936 users online

Skincare - Face - MAC - Fix+

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2007 11:46:00 AM More reviews by jenn72

Nope. This just didn't "do it" for me. I used about half of the bottle and stuck it back in the corner of my medicine cabinet. The smell was too chemical-ly for my taste and I didn't notice that it had any effect on how my m/u looked or lasted. I'm back to my Mario Badescu spray and am quite satisfied.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2007 12:04:00 PM More reviews by ginger9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this like two years ago. I think since then they've raised the price...or maybe not...anyways, I hardly ever reach for it. The truth is I am really not sure what it's supposed to do for me. When I do use it, it's usually when I feel like I've put too much foundation and powder on and I can't seem to blend it out or off. A spray of FIX+ makes my make up look less powdery, but then again maybe spraying water will do the same? I don't dislike this product as I do like the ingredients in it but I would not purchase again as I think my 20 bucks can be put to better use. I think this product MAY be good for someone who is wearing a lot of makeup in really hot weather and needs to give the face a break from the heat. Btw, I think you could make this stuff yourself IMO.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2007 8:41:00 AM More reviews by GimpyPoop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was hesitant about purchasing this for the longest time because it seemed like glorified spring water to me. Well I finally caved one day. Because I am weak. And I kept reading about how awesome this stuff is on MUA and a livejournal community so I finally broke down. Well . . . can’t say this was one of my better purchases. I am told that Fix + contains glycerin which helps make up stay true upon the face longer, but I can’t say that has really been the case here. My face does look less “matte” and one dimensional after I spray it with Fix + but I am convinced spring water would’ve had the same effect. I realize that the effect of this product is supposed to be subtle, but it’s definitely nothing special to me at least. And for some reason my nozzle kind of sprays a direct stream instead of a diffused spirtz. I really wish I could return this, but I bought it online. Ehhh, might as well used it for my Studiofix and mineral make up, but I am not impressed.
5/11/07 EDIT: Okay okay I added a lippie. Fix + is apparently excellent for adhering glitter to your face/eye! :) continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2007 2:45:00 PM More reviews by LoriLond

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This itched and did nothing to keep the makeup on. Returned it.
Sheiseido working better.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2007 4:27:00 AM More reviews by wiggleit76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this product it's brilliant!

My SA recommended this in conjuction with Studio Tech foundation (spray on brush before applying foundation) and to use afterwards if I needed a moisture surge on my dry skin, and it's a miracle worker.

I can see how this may be too sticky for normal or oilier skins, but it's perfect for my skin, and when using it after applying makeup too, my makeup stayed put through getting quite sweaty on stage under lots of lights.

I don't have enough good things to say about this product, totally worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2007 2:03:00 PM More reviews by 800256

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Well had it not been for MUA I probaly would have never given this a try. I did not think this would work for me, yeah right a spray mist to set your face m/u. I just imagined my foundation and mascara running down my cheeks and me getting all pissed off! But to the contrary I followed the directions on the bottle and through out the day my m/u looked set. No cakeiness, or streaks. Also kept my forehead oilies at bay. I bought this at a CCO for $10.50. For refernce my skin is normal with only "that time of the month" breakouts.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2007 10:27:00 PM More reviews by MadameFabulina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Sorry to be the dissenter here, but this stuff is gross - made my face feel sticky and look SOOOOO oily. I read the ingredients *after* I bought it (that was brilliant) and saw that it contains castor oil. I guess oil doesn't necessarily always negate oil. This is going back.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2007 10:41:00 AM More reviews by LaStupenda

Wow!
After getting a MAC makeover, I was torn as to what to buy, but I figured I'd buy this since I didn't have anything like it. WOW!!! I'm SO glad I did! I have long wondered why I couldn't find anything comparable to UDPP for the face, but now I have! This stuff is amazing- it refreshes your face and keeps your makeup in place ALL day and gives you a beautiful, natural finish when sprayed over makeup. I use it both under and over my makeup to keep it in place and to set it. I HIGHLY reccommend it to anyone! It's like foundation primer without that slick, oily feeling and the price is very reasonable for what you get and how much of it you get. A must have!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2007 8:11:00 PM More reviews by DubsBelle

My skin type: Sensitive, combo, oily skin

I guess I'm one of the few who did not like this product. Huge disappointment. I suspect if I had dry skin this might have worked for me. The first moment I spritzed my face with this solution I knew something was wrong. First off, it left a slightly oily sheen on my face that never really went away- but only got worse as the day progressed (doesn’t help that I have very oily skin to begin with!) Yes, it melted the powdery look of my foundation, but there are other products that can do that without the grease. Simply put, this left me with an oily face and not much else...my face did NOT have a fresh look let me tell you. If you want an alternative to FIX +, try Avene Thermal water, Vichy Thermal Spring Water, or any other “water in can” sprays (believe the hype!) I returned my Fix + and use Avene’s thermal water- same results, minus the oiliness and nothing but fresh, dewy skin.
continued >>

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2007 8:25:00 AM More reviews by equity

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Comments: Now this is one product by MAC which has been overlooked far too often! I bought this in a 3-in-1 trial pack (MAC packaged a deluxe sample size of this together with a strobe undercover and a cleanse off oil). They should consider selling this in the same size I bought it in because it's so travel-friendly.

Fix+ is perfect for making makeup look less cakey and powdery. It adds a nice dewy shine without any trouble at all! Two spritzes and you are ready. At the moment I cannot comment on its ability to enable makeup to stay on longer but I'll update once I have an idea.

At US$15 this is a great buy - I'll definitely purchase this again once I run out.

Scent: Slight flowery scent.

My skin type: Combination (dry cheeks, undereyes) with slight shine on the T-zone. continued >>

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No