July 23, 2014 | 2106 users online

Skincare - Face - MAC - Fix+

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2007 7:27:00 AM More reviews by SuzyCutie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Well,I have 2 bottles in heavy rotation.I use it to set my minerals and reapply throughout the day for a dewey look.It doesn't make mu ironclad,but I DO notice that it stays on a heck of a lot better with it,and that goes for eyeshadow,blush,powders,etc.
A little bit sprayed on NARS AAE makes a lovely lustre-I think I have to thank Ghost for that tip,but there it is fwiw :)
I also do not find it irritating,and I have horribly sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2007 10:54:00 AM More reviews by kittypuppy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm now on my second bottle of this stuff, and will probably continue to buy it. I mostly use it for applying pigments as blush or for deepening my MSF application, and it works GREAT for both of these uses. I also use it just as a skin refresher during the day, and also as most people use it, to set makeup and give the fresh/dewy look. I think it smells fine! But it's a matter of personal preference, I suppose. Everyone seems to have different results with this product, so this is another one to try before you buy.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/21/2007 5:00:00 PM More reviews by 0000000

utterly useless.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2007 8:10:00 PM More reviews by anabanana86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this! I used Clinique Moisture Surge Extra for years over my makeup to get a fresh, dewy look and keep my skin soft, but recently picked up Fix+ on a whim and started using it instead, and I couldn't be happier. It does everything MSE did and more - makes my skin soft and dewy and my makeup look like *skin* instead of makeup - and it costs less than half as much as MSE. I've also found it's nice when applied under liquid foundation and makes my liquids glide on smoothly and evenly.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2007 9:53:00 AM More reviews by alizeeeee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I initially bought it to use as a light moisturizer in the summer and i'm still using it as a moisturizer before makeup. I also use it with MSF natural and Studio Fix powder (spray it to 182 brush), to get more coverage from the products, with pigments when i ran out of Mixing Medium, with MSF and blush (spray it to 187/116 brush) to get more pigment and make them last a little longer. Lightscapade MSF w/ Fix+ especially looks gorgeous, like i have plastic-y luminant cheekbones. During summer, I even use it to feel refreshed from the heat all through the day.

it is a versatile product and goes a long way. I bought the one i use now in July, have been using it every day ever since and i still have half the botle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2007 7:35:00 PM More reviews by skizzerkid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Okay, well, I'll admit I don't really get the "point" of this product... to set makeup, to add a dewey sheen (so you don't look to powdered), to wet eyeshadow, to refresh skin... whatever! I love it! I've used it for all of the above and I'm running low on my first bottle. I'll definitely get more of this stuff. Since I tend to wear an MSF every day but don't like to look shiny everywhere, I occasionally have to use a little powder on my T-zone, but that's no big deal. I feel like this really "melts" my makeup into my skin, so it's not just setting on top. I don't know if I'm just hallucing that or what... but I love my Fix+!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2007 11:33:00 PM More reviews by upscale

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just sprayed some on my face (2 pumps) in preparation for a drunken Friday night to hold my makeup in place. I'll update later on how well it lives up to the setting/finishing spray part.

Although some reviewers said they didn't like the "dewy" look, I particularly LOVE it and it's not as "wet" or "oily" as some reviewers have said before.

On my complexion Fix+ works very well and softens one of the dry spots on my face, as well as evening out my foundation and primer. No more hint of "powdery makeup" look, Fix+ makes the makeup look flawless.

To better describe the look, I guess you could say it illuminates my face in a healthy kind of way with a slight sheen to it. So yes, to the reviewers who said not to use Fix+ if you have an oily face, I'd most likely agree.

Note however, that I have dry/combination skin so this could differ with your skin type.

Smell isn't too horrible, but combined with the price ($15) and "fresh-I-just-applied-my-makeup-flawlessly" look, I definitely rate this product a 5 and would repurchase.

One note, however, is that two pumps AFTER all makeup is applied is the perfect amount for my face. I use the Philosophy cream primer with Mac Studio Fix pressed powder (C3) + Mac Bronzer in Golden.

Packaging is OK (I have the newer version in the pearl white box), although the swivel cap seemed kind of cheap looking. It is just packaging, though, and it's what's inside that counts :)

For those with oily skin, I've heard recommendations in using Skindinavia's Makeup Finishing Spray ( http://www.ulta.com/control/product/~product_id=2142236 ) which is oil-free and is supposedly really good at preventing smelting, smearing, and color loss.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2007 10:39:00 PM More reviews by HollyMarie

Really like this product-though I wonder what really is in it to make a big difference?? Good product to use after applying makeup-makes you feel fresh faced!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2007 1:16:00 PM More reviews by star81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I never though I would like this, ever. But the MAC artist sprayed this on after the moisturizer and it felt so good and left my skin soft and hydrated. I haven't tried it as a mixing medium but I will. Will repurchase after I run out. Good stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2007 11:16:00 AM More reviews by usernameistaken

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

OK, so this is probably going to be the weirdest review of Fix+. As a face spray, I wasn't all that crazy about it. It actually made my face too shiny and greasy. So for a looooong time this just sat in my stash gathering dust. But I have the dryest legs in the world and one day I figured, hey, if people are using Monistat on their face, why not Fix+ on my legs? My idea turned out great! Although this was too greasy for my face (combo skin), it was perfect for my uber dry legs!! Yay! Works better than any lotion I've tried.