October 26, 2014 | 1633 users online

Skincare - Face - MAC - Fix+

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2008 1:12:00 AM More reviews by gezebel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i don't get The Hype of this product. maybe my face is just too oily for it, but Fix+ made my entire face look like an oil spill. yuck! i gave it two lippies only because it did make my face makeup last a bit longer without touchups.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2008 10:19:00 PM More reviews by materaC

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product! Im 18 years old and have been using this product for a year now. When i wake up for school at 6:00 am in the morning I want my makeup to stay on all day ( dont we all?), and since I spenda while on it , I dont want to run to the bathroom and re-do it. I also go to work after school, and I spray this before going to work and I've gotten a-lot of compliments from customers and also my employees about my makeup.

I apply this right after my moisturizer then following up with mac's prep and prime, foundation and powder. Then once when I've completed my makeup i spray it all over my face, normally 2-3 sprays ( be sure to keep this at least shoulder to elbow length away from your face). and im out the door!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2008 5:44:00 AM More reviews by bellefranjic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of those products that may seem superfluous, but by god, does it make a difference! With a few light sprays, it sets my make-up beautifully and eliminates the caked-on appearance. I spray it on my decolletage as well as my face. I leave the house feeling luxe and looking fresh and dewy. It is also great for freshening the face and neck area during the day. I work in an air-conditioned office and often suffer from dry patches that become more obvious as the day progresses. A few sprays of Fix+ helps moisturise and soften my skin, eliminating any obvious dryness. Thumbs up for the new packaging. It's sleeker, more bag-friendly and, most importantly, dispenses a finer mist than the previous bottle did. A must for every fastidious make-up lover!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2008 5:20:00 AM More reviews by dinkinflicka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is great for extending the time you have to correct foundation smudges. It can take away the powdery finish left by *some* powders (it did not do this with Studio Fix), especially loose or highlighting powders. It's great for taking the edge off of your face makeup if you find it looking a tad masky that day. I love the smell and how it makes me feel refreshed when spraying it on. It does last a long time, but I've found my bottle to spray a mist that is not as fine as I'd like. I have the one from before the repackaging, so hopefully they fixed this along with the streamlined bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2008 1:02:00 AM More reviews by ehazelwood

I'm pretty sure I would die if MAC stopped making this. I've been using this for YEARS and it is one product that I am never without. It's great when traveling - I keep a small bottle with me for long flights where your skin gets so dehydrated. I keep a bottle in my car, gym bag, purse, etc. It's not just for setting your makeup, but for using throughout the day whenever your makeup refreshed. This is the best product MAC makes in my opinion!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2008 12:32:00 AM More reviews by noelanix3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this product! I have combo skin and my t-zone gets really oily so its hard for me to get my makeup to stay on for a long time. The first time i used this i went to a party and usually my makeup will start to run and my face gets oily cuz its gets so hot when there are tons of people around and dancing makes you get all sweaty. But my makeup stayed put the whole night and even until the next morning! My face didn't feel as oily as it usually does and the spray is really refreshing. The first time i used a friends and I just went out to buy my own bottle today!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2008 11:21:00 AM More reviews by annie7270

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The last two times I've bought at the MAC counter, I've been sprayed with Fix+ in sales attempts - each time the MA says that it will make my dry skin "dewy" and "moist". (Let me clarify "dry skin" - I have naturally dry skin anyways, and right now it's 5 below zero with a windchill of 30 below here in Minnesota - so "dry skin" takes on new meaning!) Fix+ had quite the opposite effect - it had an instant dehydrating, tightening effect that was rather uncomfortable and lasted for about two hours. It also gave me a slightly lacquered appearance - not at all dewy. I didn't notice any increase in moisture level either time I was doused in it, nor did I notice any of the "blending" properties the MA touted - she sprayed it on after trying a concealer under my eyes and said the Fix+ would help the concealer blend with my Studio Tech which had been on about 5hrs already. Anyways - bottom line for me - I'll pass on the shellacked-appearing, uncomfortably-tight-feeling Fix+.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2008 3:17:00 PM More reviews by jhadiq

I think this is more of a product for normal to dry-skinned girls (or boys, as the case may be). When I spritz this on my face after makeup, my face takes on a shine that isn't oily, but looks like a lacquer-like finish. While I can appreciate that this might be appealing to some people, it just doesn't do it for me and my oily skin. (After putting on all sorts of products to make my skin look matte, I want to keep it that way!) This is not something I use all over my face for this reason - I mainly use it more like a mixing medium (spray on brush before applying pigments, blush, powder, msf, etc) on select areas, or to layer under *before* setting powder. I also spray this on my powder brush to dab onto the face as a final "setting" step - I just can't use this as a face spray like you're supposed to because of that "lacuqered" look that I don't like. I am a bit dubious about using it as a toner or moisturizer, since I do think this is meant for and should be used with makeup - I'd prefer a toner/moisturizer specific to skincare. The problem with this for me is that once you start using it, it's hard to find a suitable replacement - as other reviewers have pointed out, water by itself just doesn't seem to cut it, once you start using it. I may mix up some water and glycerin to see if that is a fair and cheap substitute, but lazy me will probably just end up buying it. Sigh. I grudgingly put this in the category of a traincase staple. Not 100% necessary, but I'll keep buying it anyway - once you try it, it's hard not to get addicted.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2008 9:46:00 AM More reviews by jillyjill

Hi. My name is jillyjill and I'm addicted to MAC Fix+. I use this easily 2-3x a day. I spritz over MU to set it and create a dewy look, I spritz on bare skin to refresh, and in the summer, I stash a bottle in the fridge for a cool misting on hot skin. Light pleasant fragrance. The new packaging is FABULOUS and a great improvement over the old white (dirty looking) pump. Now comes in a sleek bottle w/a twist cap that locks on or off. No cap to loose, great for travel.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2008 8:42:00 PM More reviews by 1badcat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had never even heard of this stuff until I went to Nordy's asking about the Studio Tech Foundation (see my review) and this was used in the application of the STF. After she applied the STF w/a dry sponge she sprayed the top of the Duo Fibre Brush (187 or 188) w/Fix + and proceded to blend-it felt nice and cooling on my skin. The blending was seamless and my M/U looked flawless. At the end of the day my M/U was still in tact and what impressed me the most was that my blush didn't fade away like it always does. I'm still discovering what other uses I can find w/this spray but this is definitely a keeper.