December 19, 2014 | 915 users online

Skincare - Face - MAC - Fix+

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2008 3:17:00 AM More reviews by beddheadd

I have gone through 3+ bottles of this stuff. I love it. It preps the skin for makeup (I use it BEFORE the primer to soften up skin if you are dry or flaky, then again AFTER to set the makeup). Just a couple pumps delivers a fine moisturizing mist over your face. When I use it with makeup, I mist the skin, then allow it to dry for about 2-3 minutes, and proceed with my primer. Then I apply my foundation or powder and other makeup...and spritz a bit with my eyes closed to set the makeup. This stuff works great with mineral makeup. Sometimes mineral makeup tends to look cakey or too heavy at first application, but this stuff melds the stuff into your skin so it doesn't look so obvious. It sets powder blush and creates a nice glow -- so it looks like your makeup is natural. Every client I have used it on has loved the fragrance, and how it feels nice and cooling on the skin. This is a definite staple.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2008 9:33:00 PM More reviews by Maha

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just got this after watching EnkoreMakeup on youtube. OMG this is delightful. I tried to be cheap and hook up some spray bottle with water and glycerin. I don't know if my ratio is off or if Fix+ is made by angels, but I was not impressed by my concoction. I have seborrheic dermatitis so I have what looks like terribly nasty dry skin and this is a godsend for it. I haven't had any flaking or itchiness. I usually don't stock up on things because I'm not the type to use an entire product. But I've already got plans to pick up 2 bottles the next time I stop by my MAC store. I plan on keeping a bottle in my purse and 2 on hand at all times in my kit.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2008 8:33:00 PM More reviews by socalqt951

WOW! THiiS PRODUCT AMAZED ME
ii BEFORE HAD THE MAKE UP
FOREVER FiiX SPRAY..
YUCK! iiT HAD A VERY STRONG
SMELL TO iiT AND iiT DiiDNT WORK
FER ME.. ii ONLY USED THE FiiX+ ONCE
AND ii COULD FEEL A DRAMATiiC CHANGE..
ii WAS GOiiNG YO BUY THE MAC STUDiiO
FiiX POWDER [[PRESSED POWDER]] BUT,
THE LADY THAT WORKED THERE WAS GiiViiNG
ME DiiRTY LOOKS.. MAYBE BECAUSE ii WAS YOUNG, BUT iiTS OK.. iiLL GET iiT LATER..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2008 12:56:00 PM More reviews by evakser

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Fix+, where have you been all my life? I only recently started to get into MAC, after a brief foray into Bare Minerals, and many years of drugstore cosmetics, LOL. I've just started my MAC collection but never thought to buy Fix+. Until I read about it quite by accident, I didn't know what it was or what it did. So, when I went to the CCO outlet the other day, I picked this up for $12 to try it. I'm so glad I got this! Makes my dry skin look moist and dewy. Smells nice, can't quite describe the scent, though. Also, makes my face feel soft and velvety. I love how it makes me look. This is going to be a staple in my my cosmetics routine! Not sure how it would work for people with really oily skin, but if you have normal to dry skin, try this, you will love the glowing results. HG status for Fix+! Might try the Charged Water too, just for the change of scent and for the aromathrapy...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2008 3:01:00 PM More reviews by ChanelAmour

I love this product. It doesn't have a strong smell and it's very refreshing. If my face is feeling like it needs some refreshment fix+ does a great job! It's a great mixing medium as well. I would highly recomend this to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2008 12:35:00 PM More reviews by UWMsGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Fix+ is AMAZING....I absolutely ♥ this stuff. I just recently got it, believe it or not....wtf did I wait so long? Ugh. Fix+ helps set my MU which I love. I have used translucent powder to set my MU before, but since my skin is so dry.....powder only makes my face look dull. Also, my HG fdtn. gives my skin a great fresh glow so I didn't want the powder taking away from that.

So I thought ok, what else can I use to set my MU? Duh, Fix+...so I went out and bought this stuff and now once I am done doing my MU I set it with a few sprays of Fix+ and it keeps my MU looking amazing through the entire day. I love how this stuff feels on my face. Now some have asked if there is a specific amount of sprays you need to use? NO, honestly it's whatever works for you. Some may need more or less sprays then others. IMO though, if you have oily skin maybe too many sprays isn't a good idea, but for dry skin gals I think it wouldn't hurt because that is the case with me. It replenishes my skin, definitely a HG for me and I will keep purchasing it! Oh, also a great tip is to stick this baby in the fridge in the summer and it keeps you cool!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2008 3:51:00 PM More reviews by kajuana2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Fix+ is a great product. I just started using it and it's like magic! I use Studio Fix and this takes it to a different level. When you first use Studio Fix, your face looks like you just put powder all over it and it takes about 30 minutes for the real effects to take place. I put on my Studio Fix, then spray the Fix+ and it makes it look like I'm not wearing makeup at all. It's makes my makeup look so natural. It doesn't take much-a couple of sprays and you're all set (literally). I've never used or seen anything like this before. This is a definite in my makeup routine, now! Thanks, MAC!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2008 2:13:00 AM More reviews by janeofthejungle

fix your makeup
really.. i still don't know the purpose of fix+
but i use it after foundation and before mineral veil..
and everyone thinks i'm born with this skin...
my mom says that these days it seems like i don't breakout... little does she know...(i'm going to let her use some, but she's has real nice skin props to lancome.. but lancome stings my skin)
fix + is among the things i can't live without...

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2008 1:12:00 AM More reviews by gezebel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i don't get The Hype of this product. maybe my face is just too oily for it, but Fix+ made my entire face look like an oil spill. yuck! i gave it two lippies only because it did make my face makeup last a bit longer without touchups.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2008 10:19:00 PM More reviews by materaC

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product! Im 18 years old and have been using this product for a year now. When i wake up for school at 6:00 am in the morning I want my makeup to stay on all day ( dont we all?), and since I spenda while on it , I dont want to run to the bathroom and re-do it. I also go to work after school, and I spray this before going to work and I've gotten a-lot of compliments from customers and also my employees about my makeup.

I apply this right after my moisturizer then following up with mac's prep and prime, foundation and powder. Then once when I've completed my makeup i spray it all over my face, normally 2-3 sprays ( be sure to keep this at least shoulder to elbow length away from your face). and im out the door!