August 23, 2014 | 1884 users online

Skincare - Face - MAC - Fix+

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2008 8:42:00 PM More reviews by 1badcat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had never even heard of this stuff until I went to Nordy's asking about the Studio Tech Foundation (see my review) and this was used in the application of the STF. After she applied the STF w/a dry sponge she sprayed the top of the Duo Fibre Brush (187 or 188) w/Fix + and proceded to blend-it felt nice and cooling on my skin. The blending was seamless and my M/U looked flawless. At the end of the day my M/U was still in tact and what impressed me the most was that my blush didn't fade away like it always does. I'm still discovering what other uses I can find w/this spray but this is definitely a keeper.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2008 9:27:00 AM More reviews by phatsjunx

Miracle in a bottle. I always wanted to achieve a dewy look and this does it. It also keeps my makeup on throughout the day and I love how soft my skin feels. Before using this product, my face make up (especially around my cheeks where my dark ugly freckles are) would fade away. With this spray, my makeup looks just as good as it did in the morning. My face feels and looks a bit dry after applying layers of foundation and concealer but this spray brings the moisture back and makes my makeup look flawless.
LOVE IT!! I also love how it is multipurpose.
::UPDATE::
Definitely recommend this for winter time. During summer time, it can make your face too oily.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2008 1:50:00 PM More reviews by CaroleSim

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I found this product to work excellently in many areas. It can be used as a setting of your mu once done, a moisturizer before the mu, a refresher on hot days, a mixing medium as it has the same ingredients for the glycerin and water based one. You just lightly spray your brush, dab it on a paper towel and use your fav MES or pigments and voila! This is a can't do without product for my personal use and my work mu kit.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2007 5:25:00 AM More reviews by makeuptart

This fix spray in conjunction with my Select SPF 15+ MAC (NC40) made my face very dry and tight. I also had a serious attack of dry flakey bits all around my cheek and nose area, i looked like I was shedding.
without makeup, this still makes my face tight.
I hoped the other reviews would be the result on my face however this was not the case.
Maybe I'll have better luck with studio fix foundation + fix spray, but so far, no good.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2007 12:59:00 AM More reviews by NotFromThisPlanet

I like to use Fix+ right after I have finished applying foundation.
Sometimes, I use it as a mixing medium for my eyeshadow.
I purchased this product after the repacking, and I like that you can turn the nozzle to prevent accidental leakage. The only negative for me would be the price. It probably would be cheaper to make my own concoction similar to Fix. However, the money I spend on this product is time saved and it is more convenient to just buy it from MAC.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2007 11:05:00 PM More reviews by fresh_2_deff

I LOVE THE FIX+
You can use it under your powder of foundation or w/e you use and it makes your make up last FOREVER! And you can also spray it onto your make up brush when you are putting on eyeshadow. It makes your eyeshadow show up more. Like for example if you get eyeshadow that is shimmery and you really like it, but then u wear the eyeshadow, and it's too light to see and then u get dissapointed. Well, no more dissapointments when u get the Fix+! It makes that really light eyeshadow that you just love be visable and also so that it doesn't smear. With the MAC powder, it makes it so that the make up sets and so that your face looks more flawless! It works really well and you can use it in many ways! So you'd be basically dumb not to buy this product. LOVE ITTT! =]]]]

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2007 5:19:00 PM More reviews by hapapower

I have very reactive combo skin and because of that, I refuse to use this product on my cheeks, forehead or chin. But I use it on my eyelids to set my eye MU and find that it doesn't budge AT ALL (the only exception I found was the Metal-X e/s line)...lovely! I love the scent too, very fresh. It's hard to control the mist though, so I get a little on my cheeks, and anything that gets hit by the spray gets this dewy/shiny look which I can't stand because I prefer a matte look. I'll have to experiement to see how to remedy that problem, since applying translucent powder over this stuff doesn't do squat to tone down that awful shine. But this definitely fixes MU very well and I would repurchase it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2007 5:57:00 PM More reviews by racheroonie

Honestly, this product is for people with normal or dry skin. If you have oily or combination skin, stay away! Yes it's suppose to give your face a dewey look, but for me it just makes it look oily. I prefer my face MATTE and this doesn't do it. I'm not sure about how much it helps the make up stay, but I'd rather have matte skin than dewey skin. It smells great though and I like the idea of having a finishing spray after you apply makeup, but this just wasn't as great as I thought.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2007 11:58:00 PM More reviews by Kandinsky

To be honest, I'm not really sure how to use this, or why I would need to. It does slightly improve the staying power of makeup, but the extra step isn't really worth it, IMO. I like the packaging and can't comment on the price, as I received this in a swap. It's not really moisturzing enough to use by itself, and the finish can be a bit too dewy (read: greasy) if you're not careful.

EIDT 4/27/08: I have upgraded my initial rating of a 3 to a 4. This is great with powder foundations - spritz face before buffing on mineral foundations or loose powder and the staying power and coverage is much better and reduces flakes from drier skin or skin treatments.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2007 6:53:00 PM More reviews by xGingyx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Gosh, I almost wanted to kick myself for waiting so long to buy this product. This stuff is amazing, and smells really great! I usually use it over my mineral foundation as a finishing spray and it makes my face looks so fresh and dewy. And for some strange reason it helps to keep my mineral makeup stay put throughout the whole day, no touch up is needed. I also like to use it as a moisturizer, it sooths redness around my nose and my cheeks and keep my skin looking suppled. This is now officially a must-have beauty item for me. :)

Edit: Not sure if it's the change of weather but lately I find the Fix+ to be a bit heavy to use on top of my foundation. It leaves a very sticky residue on my face and makes my face look really shiny. I think it'd be better to use in fall and winter, but definitely too much for my combo skin to use in the summer. Down to 3 lippies.