MAC Prep and Prime Fix Plus

4.1

Water, glycerin, butylene glycol, Cucumis Sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf extract, tocopheryl acetate, caffeine, panthenol, arginine, ethylhexylglycerin, PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil, Ppg-26-Buteth-26, fragrance, disodium Edta, dehydroacetic acid, phenoxyethanol, benzoic acid.

on 8/2/2008 5:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

OMG. This is definitely one of my HG makeup items. I'm totally in love with it. I wear mineral makeup (Everyday Minerals) and I spray this on my flat top brush before applying my makeup on my face. It makes it go on sooo smoothly with amazing, even coverage. Furthermore, it prevents my face from getting oily and keeps my makeup looking fresh for hours on end. It doesn't make me break out either and it smells fabulous, similar to an herbal scent. I love the newer bottle design because you can lock it (great for travel) and unlock it really easily.

on 7/28/2008 9:21:00 AM

I love this stuff. For people who think it's just glycerin and water...it's not! Watch Enkore's video on YouTube. He breaks down the ingrediants and their uses. There really is some good stuff in here! I love it. I use it for everything. If my face is feeling a little irritated, I spray this on my bare face after I wash it and it helps ease irritation. I have sensitive skin and it helps a lot. Also, I spray it on my 187 and then buff in my foundation. It evens everything out and gives a nice healthy glow to the foundation. Not to mention, I use it for the obvious use as a setting spray. My makeup stays looking good for a long time during the summer when I use my fix+. The packaging is the best! It's perfect for travel. The pump locks and opens with just a simple twist of the top. The mist is very fine and only 2-3 pumps will cover everything. I highly recommend it :)

on 7/27/2008 4:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

i'm sad because i really wanted to like this :( i wear mmu (and LOVE it!) but decided to add Fix+ to the application because of all the rave reviews in it's ability to fight powdery/chalky finish. on the plus side it made my foundation last all day and blend creamier/no chalkyness, BUT it also made me super duper oily + it broke me out :'( no thank you is my final verdict.

i stopped using it for a day and my skin is already thanking me!!!

i'm going to try the glycerin + water mixture some ladies have made.

okayy.. i bought this on a whim.. i was going through retail therapy and really needed something (ok, anything) to bring home. i must admit that for the longest time, i left my precious fix+ alone in its dark corner to mope. however, i read the reviews online and decided to give it a go, since i've been wanting that glowing, dewy summer look. i spritz a couple of sprays over my mineral makeup, and not only did i achieve my desired look, it actually lasted all day! this morning, the stupid pump lost its pressure or something because i totally sprayed fix+ into my eye, but i realized that it can also be used as a mixing medium because the colors turned more vibrant. i used a dark shimmery purple shadow to line my eyes.. the result? prettiness! i really love fix+'s versatility.. but they should do something about the damn pump! like a previous reviewer said, i'm sure there's some simple recipe for it.. just gotta figure it out ;T

on 7/24/2008 2:45:00 AM

Cons:At first, I loved it, but after awhile, I noticed my skin breaking out like crazy. I used it to create a 'dewy' look over my powder foundation, but I think that is what caused my skin to breakout so bad.

Pros:Works well to set makeup, helps turn eye shadows into eyeliners, and helps wake anyone up!

All in all, I really wanted to like this product, I think it does what it's supposed too, maybe it just doesn't work well on my skin.

on 7/21/2008 7:00:00 PM

If I had to say there was one product that I could not do without--it would be this. I always spray my face after I apply my foundation and blush, and it takes the "powdery" look away and makes everything blend in. I like mineral powder foundation, but not without this!

I do love this product. I use it daily after I put my powder on to make my face look less "powdery" I am not sure that it actually sets your makeup, but I do the way it makes my face look and feel.

on 7/10/2008 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Whats the purpose of this stuff again? I've tried to use this many ways and the only thing I can come up with is, spray it on BEFORE your daily make up. It feels great on the skin but if you try to use this as a finisher, you're going to look a greasy mess. The bottle doesn't mist your entire face like I thought. It will be a concentrated wet spot where ever you spray it. I use fix+ after I cleanse my face, let it dry then apply my regular moisturizer. Honestly, I just wanted to use the product and not have it go to waste so doing this is probably unneccesary. I feel jipped on this one, MAC!

EDIT- ah ha! I figured out how I can make this suff work... I spray my slanted brow brush with fix+ before I dip it into my brow powder and I get a much better and precise look. Also I spray a bit on my kabuki brush before I use my bronzer and it lays much more nicely.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I wont put this stuff on my face because of the horrid reveiws but it makes a great makeup remover!!

on 6/26/2008 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I really like my Fix+ sprayed on my 187 brush to "buff" my foundation. It really smooths everything out and gives my skin a nice glow. It is a bit pricey for something that I am sure can be subsitiuted or made at home... just have to find a recipe!

Popular Face Skincare Products