September 2, 2014 | 1016 users online

Skincare - Face - MAC - Fix+

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2008 11:21:00 AM More reviews by annie7270

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The last two times I've bought at the MAC counter, I've been sprayed with Fix+ in sales attempts - each time the MA says that it will make my dry skin "dewy" and "moist". (Let me clarify "dry skin" - I have naturally dry skin anyways, and right now it's 5 below zero with a windchill of 30 below here in Minnesota - so "dry skin" takes on new meaning!) Fix+ had quite the opposite effect - it had an instant dehydrating, tightening effect that was rather uncomfortable and lasted for about two hours. It also gave me a slightly lacquered appearance - not at all dewy. I didn't notice any increase in moisture level either time I was doused in it, nor did I notice any of the "blending" properties the MA touted - she sprayed it on after trying a concealer under my eyes and said the Fix+ would help the concealer blend with my Studio Tech which had been on about 5hrs already. Anyways - bottom line for me - I'll pass on the shellacked-appearing, uncomfortably-tight-feeling Fix+.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2008 3:17:00 PM More reviews by jhadiq

I think this is more of a product for normal to dry-skinned girls (or boys, as the case may be). When I spritz this on my face after makeup, my face takes on a shine that isn't oily, but looks like a lacquer-like finish. While I can appreciate that this might be appealing to some people, it just doesn't do it for me and my oily skin. (After putting on all sorts of products to make my skin look matte, I want to keep it that way!) This is not something I use all over my face for this reason - I mainly use it more like a mixing medium (spray on brush before applying pigments, blush, powder, msf, etc) on select areas, or to layer under *before* setting powder. I also spray this on my powder brush to dab onto the face as a final "setting" step - I just can't use this as a face spray like you're supposed to because of that "lacuqered" look that I don't like. I am a bit dubious about using it as a toner or moisturizer, since I do think this is meant for and should be used with makeup - I'd prefer a toner/moisturizer specific to skincare. The problem with this for me is that once you start using it, it's hard to find a suitable replacement - as other reviewers have pointed out, water by itself just doesn't seem to cut it, once you start using it. I may mix up some water and glycerin to see if that is a fair and cheap substitute, but lazy me will probably just end up buying it. Sigh. I grudgingly put this in the category of a traincase staple. Not 100% necessary, but I'll keep buying it anyway - once you try it, it's hard not to get addicted.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2008 9:46:00 AM More reviews by jillyjill

Hi. My name is jillyjill and I'm addicted to MAC Fix+. I use this easily 2-3x a day. I spritz over MU to set it and create a dewy look, I spritz on bare skin to refresh, and in the summer, I stash a bottle in the fridge for a cool misting on hot skin. Light pleasant fragrance. The new packaging is FABULOUS and a great improvement over the old white (dirty looking) pump. Now comes in a sleek bottle w/a twist cap that locks on or off. No cap to loose, great for travel.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2008 8:42:00 PM More reviews by 1badcat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had never even heard of this stuff until I went to Nordy's asking about the Studio Tech Foundation (see my review) and this was used in the application of the STF. After she applied the STF w/a dry sponge she sprayed the top of the Duo Fibre Brush (187 or 188) w/Fix + and proceded to blend-it felt nice and cooling on my skin. The blending was seamless and my M/U looked flawless. At the end of the day my M/U was still in tact and what impressed me the most was that my blush didn't fade away like it always does. I'm still discovering what other uses I can find w/this spray but this is definitely a keeper.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2008 9:27:00 AM More reviews by phatsjunx

Miracle in a bottle. I always wanted to achieve a dewy look and this does it. It also keeps my makeup on throughout the day and I love how soft my skin feels. Before using this product, my face make up (especially around my cheeks where my dark ugly freckles are) would fade away. With this spray, my makeup looks just as good as it did in the morning. My face feels and looks a bit dry after applying layers of foundation and concealer but this spray brings the moisture back and makes my makeup look flawless.
LOVE IT!! I also love how it is multipurpose.
::UPDATE::
Definitely recommend this for winter time. During summer time, it can make your face too oily.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2008 1:50:00 PM More reviews by CaroleSim

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I found this product to work excellently in many areas. It can be used as a setting of your mu once done, a moisturizer before the mu, a refresher on hot days, a mixing medium as it has the same ingredients for the glycerin and water based one. You just lightly spray your brush, dab it on a paper towel and use your fav MES or pigments and voila! This is a can't do without product for my personal use and my work mu kit.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2007 5:25:00 AM More reviews by makeuptart

This fix spray in conjunction with my Select SPF 15+ MAC (NC40) made my face very dry and tight. I also had a serious attack of dry flakey bits all around my cheek and nose area, i looked like I was shedding.
without makeup, this still makes my face tight.
I hoped the other reviews would be the result on my face however this was not the case.
Maybe I'll have better luck with studio fix foundation + fix spray, but so far, no good.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2007 12:59:00 AM More reviews by NotFromThisPlanet

I like to use Fix+ right after I have finished applying foundation.
Sometimes, I use it as a mixing medium for my eyeshadow.
I purchased this product after the repacking, and I like that you can turn the nozzle to prevent accidental leakage. The only negative for me would be the price. It probably would be cheaper to make my own concoction similar to Fix. However, the money I spend on this product is time saved and it is more convenient to just buy it from MAC.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2007 11:05:00 PM More reviews by fresh_2_deff

I LOVE THE FIX+
You can use it under your powder of foundation or w/e you use and it makes your make up last FOREVER! And you can also spray it onto your make up brush when you are putting on eyeshadow. It makes your eyeshadow show up more. Like for example if you get eyeshadow that is shimmery and you really like it, but then u wear the eyeshadow, and it's too light to see and then u get dissapointed. Well, no more dissapointments when u get the Fix+! It makes that really light eyeshadow that you just love be visable and also so that it doesn't smear. With the MAC powder, it makes it so that the make up sets and so that your face looks more flawless! It works really well and you can use it in many ways! So you'd be basically dumb not to buy this product. LOVE ITTT! =]]]]

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2007 5:19:00 PM More reviews by hapapower

I have very reactive combo skin and because of that, I refuse to use this product on my cheeks, forehead or chin. But I use it on my eyelids to set my eye MU and find that it doesn't budge AT ALL (the only exception I found was the Metal-X e/s line)...lovely! I love the scent too, very fresh. It's hard to control the mist though, so I get a little on my cheeks, and anything that gets hit by the spray gets this dewy/shiny look which I can't stand because I prefer a matte look. I'll have to experiement to see how to remedy that problem, since applying translucent powder over this stuff doesn't do squat to tone down that awful shine. But this definitely fixes MU very well and I would repurchase it.