July 23, 2014 | 2063 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2012 11:46:00 PM More reviews by stellar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've used this several times now and have alternated between it and the liquid CS enough to give a decent review and comparison of the two. I have been using the liquid verison of CS for about 10 years and have been very pleased with it. As of now, I would have to say that it's my HG long-wearing foundation. Needless to say I was super excited to hear that they were coming out with a whipped version. I've never disliked the thick consistency and application of the liquid version but I always appreciate a nice whipped consistency! I bought this in the shade Buff, which is also what I wear in the liquid (Combo/Oily). As far as color goes I'd say they're pretty spot-on, but the Whipped version may be just a tiny bit lighter. Application itself is a *dream*! I just want to keep putting more and more on, it feels so nice! The strange thing about this foundation is that I do find that it gives nearly full coverage, but it's a *different* kind of full coverage than the liquid provides, I suppose because of the difference in consistency. The other difference between the two formulas that I've found is that the Whipped version leaves my skin looking kind of... dull? Flat? I can't really pinpoint exactly what it is but it just doesn't have that perfect coverage and healthy, radiant finish the liquid version gives me. It lasts just as long as the liquid does on me, which is great. It also does feel lighter on the skin of course, so that's a big plus for those who don't like the thicker, heavier feel that CS might have. (I personally have never felt that but I don't have a problem with thicker foundations.) It really is a great foundation and I would definitely say it's worth a try. For me though I do think I prefer the liquid, but that's not to say this isn't a wonderful product! I'm sure I'll use up the jar I have - and who knows - maybe keep one on-hand for days when I want a lighter foundation on my skin. For reference, I have what I consider to be normal skin; slightly combination at the very worst. I do use a setting powder with both versions of CS and a light moisturizer before application, both of which really help the foundation last all day!

ETA: I thought I should come on here and update my review because I'm really liking this foundation a lot more now. I wore the liquid CS during the summer, but once my tan started to fade I had to see which of my many foundations suited me better. Turned out it was the CS Whipped in Medium Beige. Since that was the only one that matched me, it was all I could wear for a while and I really grew to love it. It gives such a nice healthy, polished, even skin tone without looking heavy or cakey and it really lasts all day. Over the past couple weeks I've been experimenting with some of the other foundations I have because the Medium Beige is now too dark and Buff is quite a bit too light, but none of them make my skin look as nice as the CS Whipped. So now I'm mixing Buff and Medium Beige. My only complaint now is the packaging. In addition to it coming in a big, bulky jar, the inner plastic rings where the cap screws onto the jar have broken on TWO of my jars. One is completely broken to the point where the lid can't be screwed on at all, which means I can't take it anywhere with me. The other has cracked but there's still enough there that I can screw the lid on. I've been very careful with these jars and don't feel I've done anything to make them break like that. I really wish they would start packaging these better!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2012 4:54:00 PM More reviews by CrosseyedToad

Let me start off by saying I have fairly normal skin with little acne, no dryness but a decent amount of discoloration. I do get a shiny t zone, especially in Summer.

I wear Mac NW20 and bought Nude which is a great match. It covered well and applied easily and smoothly over my Laura Mercier primer. It was 93 degrees today and I had no shine and no wearing off all day. I still look flawless even after a play date in the sun at the park. Judging from other reviews maybe a primer is necessary.

I love this foundation. I think it may even be better then my $42.00 Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra 24 Hour. I'll update if I find after more usage for this to be any better or worse after more testing.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2012 4:46:00 PM More reviews by trharvey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

After reading all the hype about this product, I was really disappointed. I had really hoped this would be my HG foundation.

The color shade is very limited, but I did find that Sand Beige looked rather well on me. The consistency of this product makes it feel like it sits on top of my face. I tried applying it with my fingers, sponge, and a buffer brush - still I could not get it to look right. After a couple of hours my face was a shiny mess and you could barely see that I had any foundation left.

I normally love Revlon Colorstay products, but this was a definate miss in my book. After a week I took it back to Target.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2012 2:24:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

Not at all impressed the way I thought I was going to be. I kept thinking, based on all the reviews, that I was going to just love this for me very dry skin. Nope, nope, nope. First off, I'm about an NC25 and got Nude. This foundation didn't do jack to improve the brightness of my complexion, which I absolutely expect out of a foundation. If it doesn't do that, then what's the point? This just looked dull. It covers pretty decently, but if you try to build it up, it cakes. It absolutely, in no way, lasts 24 hours. Even without anything out of the ordinary happening (crying, sweating, etc) I still had to attempt to touch this up. The reason I say "attempt" is because, as I said above, any layering, which may or may not happen when touching up, this stuff cakes like nobody's business. And...the packaging. I get that it looks kinda high end and luxe but all it ends up being is impossible to carry around and unrealistic and stupid. UPDATE: I changed my mind, since I applied this with my ELF Studio Powder Brush. So, so, so much better. Actually blended in, did not cake and did not budge, but still looked natural like I expected it to! UPDATE: This is by far the longest lasting foundation I've ever used. Also maintains a natural, cake-free appearance. LOVE.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2012 1:15:00 PM More reviews by trisheee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was excited to try this foundation and purchased 3 shades, one at a time, but couldn't find a close enough color match for my NW25 skin tone. I tried classic beige, true beige, and sand beige. It's hard to tell if a foundation is any good when the color's not right. I like the packaging and the formulation but if I purchase two shades and mix them to get the right color, I may as well buy my favorite foundation as these run about $14 each. Ive searched and cant find testers any where! Have any of you with NW25 skin tones find a shade that works for you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2012 12:00:00 PM More reviews by makeupaddict76

I've watched few reviews on this and had to try it out and I love it! I do like Revlon Colorstay liquid but I think this is better because
-Does a better job mattifying my combo skin. I didn't even blot for 6 hrs in 80 degree weather, which is amazing. Will try staying power in 90 degree weather.
-It's not too much pain to take off. Comes off easily w/makeup wipes and cleanser.
-Nice creamy, smooth texture, easy to blend.
-Didn't feel cakey on my face(make sure to blend out) but I'm used to full coverage foundations so didn't bother me.
-Great coverage, no concealer needed

I have alot of long lasting high-end foundations(LM Silk, Lancome 24hr, MUFE, Chanel, Dior, ELDW, NARS) but this is far superior in terms of staying power. Love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2012 11:18:00 AM More reviews by happygirl20111

I bought this foundation because i am definitely in love with the revlon colorstay liquid foundation so when I heard this was exactly the same ( color, coverage, and finish) but lightweight, I rushed to my nearest drugstore. I honestly have to say that it does was it claims. It provides me with medium to full coverage and I can barely feel it on my face. Some ppl are saying that it gives them a sticky feel but I have yet to experience that. I absolutely love this foundation! Another thing, I think this formula has more of a yellowish undone than the liquid versionn which I love because I have warmer undertones. I am NC 37 and warm golden matches perfectly.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2012 11:59:00 PM More reviews by MB12255

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use Revlon Colorstay regularly mixed with an illuminating lotion. I tried the Revlon Colorstay Whipped with lotion and without. I also tried it with primer and without primer. No matter how I tried to apply the foundation it felt and looked greasy and heavy. My skin looked so dull...no matter how much I contoured, highlighted or which powder I used to set it (I needed something to set it, otherwise my face looked greasy...and i dont have oily skin) My skin looked like I had makeup on...not what I want. The foundation made my fine lines around my eyes look terrible. I wanted so bad to like this foundation, however, it will be going back tomorrow.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2012 11:44:00 PM More reviews by desertmom4

Gonna keep this review quick ( hopefully) & to the point. First off, I am not a fan of d/s fndtns as I have never found one I liked. After getting suckered into the hype for this fndtn, I caved and bought it. I have worn it for 3 days straight ( long enough to render an opinion on it), all times w/ a primer, all times set w/ my MSFN, and sprayed w/ Fix +. Applied w/ RT stippling and buffer brush. I have normal, clear skin, and prefer a dewy look with long wear. Here goes the pros/cons:

Pros:

Good match ~ bought Natural Tan am NC35-40
Nice creamy texture
Loved the glass jar pckging ( felt elegant, perhaps I have Chanel on my mind).
Looked good initially
Didn't feel heavy on face

Cons:

light/ med coverage, bordering closer to light ( prefer more of a med coverage)
as day worn on started to fade making me look older ( according to DD)
semi-matte finish ( hoping for dewy like some other ppl said it gave them)
made face look flat/ one dimensional ( I do contour/ highlight daily)

All in all, this is going back 2morrow. I tried it, and even though it is one of the better d/s fndtns I have tried, I will stick to my beloved higher end fndtns that deliver.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 11:26:00 PM More reviews by itsjenna007

Total shades: 12
Color I bought: 200 Sand Beige (3rd lightest)
Color reference: Mac: NW20-25, Photoready: Nude
Listed price: $13.97, I paid $10.97 w/ store coupon

The packing looks nice but could have been made smaller. I do not like how the ad shows the foundation all the way up to the rim when it does not fill the jar like that. I did not like the original colorstay since it felt heavy and broke me out. This one however does not break me out and personally does not feel heavy. My skin is normal to dry but I exfoliate so I do not have dry patches or flakiness. However since my skin is more on the dry side, I find that I do not need to apply powder over this. Also later I do not need to blot my forehead but do have to do this with other foundations. It applies very easily and I don't have to use very much. A while after applying it does feel a tad sticky but later in the day I notice this feeling is completely gone. I wore it for over 12 hours and it still looks good.