November 26, 2014 | 1853 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2012 11:11:00 PM More reviews by fawn001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This reminds me of Covergirl Natureluxe foundation. It has a similar texture but with more staying power. They both are silicone based foundations.

Coverage: NOT full coverage. I would say light to medium. I needed concealer on red spots.

Staying Power: OK, it did bleed into the neckline of my workout top during gym class. So NOT sweat proof.

Oil Control: It controled oil very well. I was surprised and that is probably the best quality this makeup has.

I would not buy this again. I think you will see this one come and go. There are too many better foundations out there, like Maybelline 24 hour.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2012 8:15:00 PM More reviews by maripossa24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Ok, here we go:

For reference, I have fair, sensitive, acne prone, oily skin. I'm not too sure of my undertone, which is a problem. MAC last matched me as an NC25 fwiw, though I feel I'm a tad more neutral.

This review will compare this to the regular CS in oily/combo.

The price: high for a drugstore, but not a huge deal. Most drugstores/Ulta/Target will have sales, just have to keep an eye out for them if it's an issue.

Packaging: I know a lot of peeps freak when it's not a pump, but it's not a big deal to me. I only use the makeup on myself, and I just use a sanitized baby sized butter knife to scoop some out. It's a little bulky, but it's not like I carry around my foundation in my bag, either.

Color: This is where it gets hairy for me. I usually wear the regular CS in buff, but it's not a perfect match, either. You cannot tell what the actual product color is through the jar, there is just no way. I narrowed it down to Buff or Sand Beige, and just bought both to try at home. Again, buff is the closest, but still not perfect. Not a huge deal, I just returned the SB to RiteAid no problem.

The reason I got this is because I LOVE the original CS for it's staying power. There is nothing like it. However, everyone knows it's tough to blend, and dries SUPER fast. Also, although I have oily to very oily skin, the regular CS is sometimes too matte even for me. So having read the reviews of the easier blend-ability of this formula, and the satin/demi matte finish, I thought this might be PERFECT.

It is much easier to blend that the original, and it really feels very light on the skin. However, I noticed right away there was transfer, and the regular NEVER transfers on me. After I blended this in, and set it with MUFE HD powder, I noticed it transferred to my phone. Kinda gross. I also use this on my chest when I wear anything that exposes it because I have a ton of broken capillaries, and it transfered/stained my clothes. I've never had that happen with the original. Not what I was expecting from CS.

I like the finish better than the regular, but it's nothing to rave about. There is no way this would last 24 hours on me, not that I think anyone should wear makeup that long. I believe the regular would last that long, and I don't set the original with powder. With this, I used a primer and a powder to set it. I'd say I'd get 4 hours out of this before oil/imperfections start to show through.

I can't say if this will break me out yet, if it does I'll change my review. I don't like that it doesn't have any spf, but it's not a deal breaker.

Coverage: medium to full, just like it says. I've been using my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, misted with water for medium coverage. Then I buff it in. If I use the brush dry, I get full coverage.

ALSO: I STRONGLY feel they should plainly and visibly state that this product contains Salicylic Acid. I used to be on Differin Gel, and this would NOT have been compatible. Same applies to any ladies out there who are using retinoids and such, and a lot of us are. I would not have thought to search the ingredient list to see if it was in there. I also imagine this will pose a problem for those with drier skin.

Overall, it's not a bad product. It's not an HG product though. I would buy it again. If only they could come up with a product that has the blend-ability/light feel of this, with the staying power of the original. THAT would be fantastic.

UPDATE: I changed it to would not buy again. Sorry guys, but I worked 12 hours today, and when I got home there was almost ZERO makeup left on my face. I'm willing to bet at the 8 hour mark it was probably all gone, I just didn't have time to check my face until now. I'll use up the jar, but I'm sticking with the original.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2012 8:12:00 PM More reviews by Clorissa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for all the caramel Revlon Colorstay ladies. I had a really hard time finding this foundation in the store. I tried every Walgreens, CVS, Walmart, and Target in my area and the next city over. I ended up just ordering on Walgreens.com. If you wear caramel in the Revlon Colorstay for combo/oily skin you should be able to pull this one off too. The undertones are a little different in the foundations. The whipped has a more of a neutral tone. When I first dabbed it on it looked really muddy. But as I blended, it melted right in. I would say that it seems a tad darker than the combo/oily skin liquid. But they are pretty close. The coverage is beautiful. It doesn't look dry or cakey and it doesnt have that smell like in the liquid. I do not like the liquid version. But I find that I love this version. It doesn't leave that tight feeling like in the liquid version either. I have not experienced any breakouts. I set it with Estee Lauder Lucidity Loose Powder in Medium. For reference I wear Estee Lauder DW in Rich Caramel, Lancome 24H in 460 Suede, Mac NW43 in Studio Fix Fluid and Powder, Mac NC 45 in Studio Tech, NW 43 in Studio Sculpt. I do have oily skin and it held up better for me than many others I have tried, including Chanel Perfection Lumiere in BA64. I hope this helps.

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2012 5:03:00 PM More reviews by Tshank777

This foundation is amazing I actually think its better then Mac foundations. That's right plural all their foundations. I love the shade in the Color warm golden. I normally use NC30 and this shade works great and stays put all day with no or minimal touch ups. It has a slight matte touch or with a little sheen to look clean and not cakey. It looks great like a very high end makeup when I put it on it looked very expensive like hard to explain but it is very nice I am very happy this will be my to go foundation from now.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2012 3:18:00 PM More reviews by elizabethnuckolls

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Boooo.

Just like most everyone else probably, I waited a few weeks for this to become available in my area and once it did, I jumped on it.

I got both Buff and Sand Beige, as those are the 2 colors I have in the Revlon ColorStay Softflex spf6 Combination/Oily that I otherwise always use. (love, adore, and have immediately gone back to this).

I'm not super freaked out about makeup sanitary and don't mind the glass jar, but of course a pump would have been killer. I was thrilled to see I could put this on with my fingers, as the texture is very much like spreadable mud.

The jist:
This makeup did not last longer than 3 hours, max. You could see every freckle, old zit blemish, etc. And it's the type of foundation where you leave finger prints everywhere. On your paperwork, on your cup, etc. Of course I wash my hands but if I touched my face for any reason, the foundation was on my fingers. Or if I had a small itch on my face and I lightly scratched it, the foundation was under my fingernail. It reminds me a lot of Laura Mercier - and I never bought LM because of how it was so greasy and always on my fingers.

So boooo on coverage, boooo on lasting power. The two things I was after. Love that is works for so many, but definitely not for me.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2012 2:27:00 PM More reviews by isavella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just really want to revisit this review. I originally wrote it a couple of years ago, and just repurchased this product again for the 3rd or 4th time under different skin circumstances. The past year has had me dealing with some epic breakouts and I've come to realize that my skin is indeed more sensitive than I had previously thought, ESPECIALLY when it comes to a lot of the fun new foundation formulations chock full of silicones. I just went back to this after trying a few, both high and low end, and honestly? Nothing compares to the coverage, finish, and longevity of ColorStay Whipped. It is LEGIT. Not only has it still never broken me out, a little bit goes a long way to make you look perfect. Highly recommend. <3

Flawless coverage and wear. Like, seriously. My skin is good right now, and a light coat of
this stuff plus powder makes me look airbrushed. Medium price point. High for drugstore, but those sneaky DS companies are raising prices on the DL until they're high end anyway. I found a shade that works perfectly for me, but there isn't exactly a wide range of colors. Packaged in a heavy glass jar that's easy enough to use (I'm not overly concerned about germs or whatever) (I can see why it would need to be packaged this way). I've tried the regular Colorstay liquid in the past and I liked the coverage, but it broke me out. This? Have been wearing it for two weeks and NO PIMPLES. Well played, Revlon. Well played.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2012 2:07:00 PM More reviews by Angelamakeup

So I’ve been using the regular Colorstay for about a year and a half now. I’m a fan of it, however I have dry/combination skin and the only shades that seemed to work for me were the oily/combination formula (the 2 formulations look so different in shade). So therefore the traditional was far too drying for my face. So lately, I’ve been looking for something with less coverage and I have been hearing that the Revlon ColorStay Whipped are just that so I had to give them a try.

It’s only day 2 of wearing it but I like it already. It is less coverage and seems to oxidize less than the traditional ColorStay. I picked up 320 Warm Golden. For your reference I go between 320, 330 and 340 for the traditional ColorStay in the Oily/Combination formula and between NC 30, NC 35 and NC 40 for MAC.

The container is cute, it looks like a high end skincare product jar. I use a scooper to remove some product so that I won’t be double dipping in the jar. This might be easier to get the last of product out as opposed to those bottles that foundation is usually contained. It’s easy enough to apply. I use my Real Techniques buffing brush.

The traditional ColorStay had some mega lasting power on me. This Whipped one seems to have decent lasting power too. I’m not sure about the 24 hours as the container claims but I would rarely have a need to wear foundation through 24 hours. I wore this to an hour long work out class I took last night and my face still looked well put together through a bunch of sweat.

***UPDATE****
I was planning to use this on my low coverage mood days. I tried 320 Warm Golden for about 2 weeks until I decided it left ghostly of a makeup cast on my face. I liked how it didn’t feel like I was wearing much makeup but every time I saw myself in the mirror I looked to myself unnatural. This one went back to CVS and I did not see any other shades I would like to try yet. So for now it is not a repurchase. I think though, if you get this to match your shade then it would be a good buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2012 6:42:00 AM More reviews by Arosci

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Skintone reference : Revlon Colorstay for oily skin in Buff, MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC15, MAC ProLongwear in NC15 (a tad too light)

I’ve always loved the original Colorstay foundation in Buff, though sometimes it would leave an ashy/pinky cast on my yellow based pale skin due to the titanium sunscreen. When Revlon launched their Photoready primer and its incredible smoothing and mattifying properties, I prayed for a foundation based upon the same technology… my wish has been granted when the new Colorstay Whipped has been launched !

Container wise : the glass jar is really heavy and not especially hygienic (especially with water based formulations, which is the case here), usually I would rate this point badly but it looks so pretty in my bathroom, and stable, that this time it’s more a good point. Due to the thickness of this foundation, it would have been impossible to use a bottle (or even a squeeze tube) without wasting product, the jar will allow me to get even the last drops of this little gem. I simply wash my hands right before dabbing one finger into the jar, then dotting on my face (one part at a time) and buffing with my brush.

Consistency wise : thick-but-not-hard, its texture looks like a marshmallow-y balm which glides over the skin like a dream (it could be labelled Primer-Inside™) so no need for a separate primer. I tried several application methods, from fingers to kabuki to flat top brush, and finally to ensure a perfectly smooth finish I found that the Luscious Blush Brush from Signature Minerals (which is multi-purpose as it can be used for liquid/cream foundations, powders and blushes) gives me the perfect application I seek. The benefits of such a thick consistency ? The formula stability of course… no need to shake like crazy, the pigments won’t deposit at the bottom of the jar.

Coverage wise : definitely not a full coverage, it’s more about a light-medium… but yes you can layer it beautifully to get medium-full coverage.

Finish wise : it meshes with skin perfectly (and to make it look that way, be sure to BLEND-BLEND-BLEND), it’s not matte at all (maybe once it self-sets but I always powder to get a matte look) but kind of dewy to begin with (my skin but better) and does not settle into my pores AT ALL. It stays slightly tacky, but a light dust of powder fixes this feeling (and I mean VERY light dust, due to the tackiness all powders cling much easier than expected). It could also be a bit drying for some (because of its salicylic acid content, though I didn’t experiment such dryness) but it is lightly moisturizing at the same time (maybe that’s why it’s slightly tacky).

Tone wise : Buff is by far the closest match I’ve been able to find as there’s not the ashy cast of sunscreen. One single layer cancels completely the (slight) redness on my nose and forehead. Cherry on the cake : even if I add layers, the color stays true-to-tone without changing color (like many founations that are beautiful once blended to sheerness but become outrageously orange once layered). On me, the Colorstay Whipped formula appears a tad darker than the original Colorstay Liquid for oily skin but, once more, I simply think it’s due to the lack of sunscreen.

Longevity wise : it stays put all day (even better than the Colorstay liquid), without creasing, caking, darkening or oxidizing, perfectly standing heat, sweat or oiliness. I’ve got uber oily skin (especially my nose which is a lighthouse in the dark) and even on this area it stays put !!! To ensure this crease-free finish, once I’ve dusted and buffed my powder (Maybelline’s Dream Matte Powder in Sand), I gently swirl my puff on the powder, remove the excess on the back of my hand, and press the remaining tiny amount on and around my nose. Same thing on my under eyes (oily too) but I simply dab with my fingers after dusting (without adding powder) to ensure all the foundation is set, even in the fine lines.

Shine control wise : WOW, it controls oil incredibly well (something which is unbelievable as it has not the very strong matte-sometimes-chalky finish of the original Colorstay for oily skin), my skin gains just more dewiness as hours pass… I admit that I don’t like drastic changes during the day, from uber matte to begin with, to dewy-shiny by the end of the day, and this foundation offers me the most consistent finish I’ve ever met (from satin-matte to begin with to slightly dewy to finish with), who wouldn’t dream of such abilities ?

Removing wise : not that easy to remove with a water-soluble cleanser (unless you use it with a washcloth) but removes very easily with my beloved Crealine (either regular or TS) from Bioderma.

Price wise : not the cheapest one but far less expensive than any MAC foundation, for a far better result… what else ?!

None of the foundations I used previously was even close to be a holy grail… this one IS !!! Thank you so much Revlon :-D

EDIT 08/27/2012
Just finished my first jar (3 months) and I finally deduce one lippie about the container, not because of sanitary reasons, but because after opening it everyday I noticed that the foundation looses its fluffiness and becomes thicker, more difficult to blend, once you're close to the bottom. I now think an airless pump bottle would be a better way to dispense it and keep the consistency unchanged from the first to the last drop.

Otherwise, this is still a terrific foundation, the best I've ever found (it didn't slide off even in the high high heat of August, though I didn't stay matte at all because of an increased amount of sweat and oil).

Also, I changed my setting powder and switched to L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Powder in W1 Porcelain or W2 Light Ivory (both of them are beautiful golden toned pressed powders, so finely milled they are almost invisible on my skin) as they add some warmth while controlling shine.

63 out of 64 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2012 9:24:00 PM More reviews by anjel_kisses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

NEW HG STATUS! i been on the hunt for a new foundation and happened to *stumble* across this at walgreens. i didn't read any reviews prior, so it was kind of a leap for me. SO glad i took that leap of faith! this gives fantastic coverage--and my acne scars are no joke! i wouldn't say it's full coverage, but definitely medium-buildable. i love the texture; nothing i've experienced before (like cream foundation in a jar, but a little more gel-like). i also guessed the perfect match for my skintone (warm golden.. i'm an nc30-35 in MAC). i use this with a flat top brush and the results are flawless! lasting power is pretty solid too. after a 10 hour work day.. my skin still looks like it was freshly applied. my only gripe is that i need to touch up a couple times as it can make my face a bit shiny, but i do have oily skin so that's nothing quite new. price is albeit high for a drugstore product, but right for a good foundation. THANK YOU MUA AND REVLON!! PLEASE DO NOT DISCONTINUE THIS!

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2012 1:52:00 PM More reviews by lindanail

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a dream come true. I use the Colorstay for dry skin every summer. It stays on through heat, humidity, and Disneyland. Sadly for me, it has the physical type of sunscreen that washes you out in flash pictures. So while my makeup stays on all day through our summer family trips, I look pale in all of the photos. I'm pretty fair to begin with, and proud of my summer tan, and don't want a pale washed out look in all of our family memories.
Colorstay whipped stays on GREAT and doesn't have the physical sunscreen to wash you out. I can use chemical sunscreen and be protected, with long lasting makeup, and photograph more normally.
I am so happy that they came up with this version. It doesn't settle in fine lines and the Buff color matches my fair, summer skin. I might even pick up a bottle of Ivory for winter. This would hold up well on rainy days as well.
P.S. THIS WORKS GREAT COVERING SPIDER VEINS ON THE LEGS. I was trying all kinds of body cover-ups but found this blended in better and lasted longer. You just have to get a shade that matches your legs well.
P.P.S Taking off a couple of points because it started to look cakey on me, and settle in fine lines. I used the regular Colorstay for dry skin on a trip, and when I came home and started to use this again, I found that the regular one looks better. And the regular one didn't make me paler in my photos. Guess I'll just use it to cover up the small spider veins on my legs.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No