Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup

3.9

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 6/22/2012 6:36:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have only worn this once, so I have yet to see if it will break me out. I have oily combination skin. It is really hard to figure out the right color.. but if you have worn colorstay before try your regular color, they seem to be pretty close. I knew I would be a shade darker than the last bottle of CS I bought because it was winter then, and sure enough the next shade up matched. Some displays have a sample of "nude" which I found to be quite different in texture than the actual product. The sample was much more dry and sticky. The actual product is more of a gel/creme texture. A little goes a long way, and it smooths onto the skin very well, with a slick almost primer-like consistency. I applied it with my fingers, and it took just the slightest touch to pick up enough product to do a section of my face. The coverage is very good, and it is buildable. It has a slightly sticky, medium-heavy feel.. and never really seemed to set all the way or dry completely. I do not normally set with a powder, but that may be necessary with this product. From a little distance it looks great, unlike some I actually found it to be slightly luminous, yet matte at the same time, almost like I was wearing a matte foundation over a luminous primer. Up close though you can definitely tell you have foundation on. It has worn well in the Louisiana heat, but it does have a small amount of transfer... it does not transfer onto my phone, but if you run your finger along your skin it does just a bit. I actually like the packaging, it is very heavy and solid, with a good quality screw on lid, and a seal to keep it from spilling all over the lid. The opening is quite large.

I would say this is an improvement over the original formula, except for the transfer issue. Like I said, setting with a powder may solve that, as well as the slightly sticky finish. I can feel a difference in the area where I applied my bronzer, it is a much better finish. It is much easier to apply smoothly, has a better texture when wet, and is not as heavy to wear. The packaging is also an improvement.

I am considering taking this back though because I prefer not to use powders except to set my undereye, I find they get too cakey in the heat and humidity, and I have several other foundations where that is not necessary. The tacky finish is quite honestly driving me nuts, especially around the corners of my nose.

If you tried this product and had the same issues, I suggest trying the Revlon New Complexion Creme foundation. It comes in a compact, has a very similar feel, although it is a creme and not gel. It has amazing coverage, blends beautifully, and sets to a matte powder finish with no transfer. It also feels lighter on the skin than this. I have used it for months and it has never broken me out. You do want to use fingers or a brush, not the sponge it comes with, and don't put powder on it until you wear it once and see if you need it.

*Update*
I did take it back. I just couldn't deal with the heavy, sticky finish. However, since I already had it on I did set it with powder.... and it helped a lot. Also when I got home I spent three hours outside working at the barn in the heat (92 degress F and 70% humidity), and when I came in I checked and my foundation looked exactly like it did when I went out. So if you are looking for something bulletproof... this may be it.

*Yet another update*

WARNING- if you are sensitive to acids, do not wear this foundation. I wore it for one day, and the next day my face was beet red and slightly painful, like a sunburn. I was wearing spf all day, and am not the slightest bit burned anywhere else, plus the redness extends past where my hat covered my forehead. This is the only new product I have used.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Based on all the positive reviews I decided to go for it and buy this foundation. I have tried a lot of foundations, looking for my HG and I still haven't found one I love. I don't have very particular skin, I am acne-prone but normal skin for the most part, about an NC 30. I bought Warm Golden and have been wearing the foundation for a couple of days. Here's what I've observed.
1. Amazing feeling going on-it feels light and it is very smooth
2.Great coverage-like i said,acne pron skin, with some acne scarring. But with this foundation I don't have to build, I put five spots of it on my face, spread it with a brush and i get great coverage.
3. A little goes a LONG way (see above)
4. Stays put all day!I I love that it doesn't leave makeup on my phone after I use it, thats quite amazing to me. I also happened to buy this the week of a heat wave in NYC and even though it was sweltering I didn't have to touch up once.

Now here's the dilemma: Despite all these great things, there's just something about this foundation that is keeping it from HG status, when i put it on, it just looks flat on my face. DULL?ashy? I see other people with similar complaints on here, so there must be something to it.I have no idea but there is something OFF about it. Maybe its because I usually don't have time to let it dry after I put it on before I set with powder?Maybe I'm not putting it on right? (i am open to suggestions)

Regardless, it is just not hitting all the right notes for me, and may end up being returned, unless I can figure out how to apply properly. Sad, because I really wanted my search to be over!

on 6/22/2012 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Yuck! For reference in NW20/NW22 and have combo skin.....i tried 3 different shades and all made me look dry and dull....i even bought an illumizing primer to put underneath bc i really wanted to love this foundation......not...i returned them all and went back to my MAC SFF.

on 6/22/2012 9:15:00 AM

Nope did not like it it was dry feeling and cakey looking it left dry patches
by the end of the day I will stick with maybelline age rewind looks more
natural.

on 6/21/2012 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Skin Type: Fair, and neutral to yellow-toned (NC15). Oily and clog-prone.

I've been experimenting with this foundation for several weeks, and I must say, I am very impressed! I had a bunch of samples from Sephora of various expensive foundations which went in the garbage after trying this (among them being Koh Gen Do, Giorgio Armani, and Dior). I am always on the hunt for my HG foundation. I tend to favor foundations with medium-full coverage, with a matte or satin finish. This fulfills both the requirements. It is a cream foundation which has a noticeable silicone feeling, dimethicone being the first ingredient.

The first time I tried it, the feeling was very off-putting to me, I thought it felt slightly too sticky and dewy. I immediately washed it off. The next day, I decided to give it another try and set it with powder. I was completely amazed at the beautiful, satin finish that resulted. The key is to set it with a light translucent powder, I use Chanel Natural Finish loose powder. I prefer to use a puff to press the powder into the skin, which helps it set better, and dust the excess off with a powder brush. Despite the beautiful finish, I definitely did not expect it to last. However, I was extremely surprised when I went to the bathroom for my mid-day touch up, and everything looked exactly the same! My skin was still perfectly matte, with no redness peeking through, or caking. The shade Buff also matches my skin quite well, it could be a tad more yellow-toned, but I don't believe it's noticeable to anyone other than myself.

Overall, I would recommend this to anyone looking for medium-full coverage, with a satin finish. It lasted very nicely on my oily skin. It continues to amaze me how I favored this over much pricier foundations. Dare I say, this could be holy grail material? :)

**EDIT: Just wore this in 100 degree weather, it lasted the whole day! Amazing. I also tried a few more samples of longwearing, high-end foundations like YSL Teint Resist, and I have yet to find one that compares.

on 6/21/2012 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Didn't really like it.. it looked good in photographs but that's about it.. when I wore this foundation out I felt like everyone knew I was wearing makeup.. it felt Cakey and it also looked kind of dull on my skin when I looked into the mirror.I just couldn't make it work. I wanted to like this product so bad but couldn't... it does photograph well like I said but on my skin its not what I expected.. took it back..

on 6/21/2012 8:23:00 PM

I've been using Revlon Colorstay for 3 years and have been quite happy with it. On days when my skin is in good condition it's amazing- evens out my tone and gives me a dewy glow. Otherwise, though, it can run the gamut of looking quite cakey, dull, dry, or too oily. It is also decidedly NOT buildable. Whenever I try to touch it up after it has already set, it looks terrible.

That said, I haven't been able to find anything better, until I tried the new whipped version. I've been using it for a week now, and I love it. I have weird combination skin- it is too dry when I use an oil-free moisturizer, but when I use a normal moisturizer it looks like an oil-slick. Amazingly, Revlon Whippd is able to keep the oil under control. When I put it over a normal moisturizer, it keeps the oil at bay and just makes it look as though I have naturally flawless, satiny skin. And that is the amazing thing: unlike the original colorstay, which looked like makeup, Colorstay Whipped looks like a second skin.

It is a little pricey, but a little goes a long way. I bought Buff, the color I usually use in the other version and it's a good match. I use just dab spots of it all over my face with my finger and then blend with a sponge, and once that's fully blended I go over any spots that need extra coverage, and it's perfect.

Highly recommend!

on 6/21/2012 5:53:00 PM

I love this foundation! I love how silky it feels when you put it on. I am a very oily person and all the foundations I have tried have left me oily not even oily but more a greasy feel {yuck} by lunch. This stuff is wonderful! I have tried it for a week now and just yesterday tried one of my other foundations(all my foundations are oil free by the way) and again I was greasy. Went back today and used Revlon whipped and I made up my mind today this stuff works for me. I didn't know which color to get, I'm fair/medium with pink under tones in MAC I'm a NC20 if that helps anyone and i purchased 200 in the revlon whipped and the color matches perfectly. :) Love this foundation.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

this is a really great product from revlon. i have very oily skin, acne prone skin but i don't like my foundation to cover much, just even. so i like it to look natural, which the original colorstay does not, plus it broke me out. I was hoping to love this and it wouldn't break me out, well i do love it, but it does break me out. it looks so natural and really keeps me shine free throughout the day, which is very hard to find at the drugstore. for anyone that isn't acne prone but wants natural flawless skin, I would definately give this a try.

on 6/21/2012 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

UPDATE!!!! A week later. Still loving it! The Buff matches my skin perfectly! Definitely run out and buy a bunch of jars of this. Stock up! I have a feeling that now that i found my HG, they'll discontinue.

Today is my first day wearing it. I'll go point by point. First the cons. (only 2 of them 1. & 2.)
1 - Color - Hard to tell from the jar and the jar comes sealed in plastic so you can't even open to look. All colors run darker than what you can see through the glass jar. Bought in Sand Beige - should have tried Buff. Will exchange it tonight. Buff i think will be a perfect match for me.
2. Packaging - not crazy about the heavy glass jar. Easy to drop out of your hands, very heavy.. won't travel well since it's so bulky and heavy.
Now the good points!
Texture - it is NOT a mouse nor does it feel very "whipped". It's very creamy. But light. Once applied it goes on VERY smooth and velvety like. It dries to an almost powder finish. And i don't feel it on my skin. I live in Florida humidity. Went outside and i didn't get that "sweaty get this off my face" feeling i normally get with other foundations. Also, my oiliness did NOT come through with this. I normally have to blot twice a day. I went to blot once out of habit and barely any oil! That's amazing. The foundation also stays put on your face. In order words it doesn't change, settle into pores or become anything other than your skin. And it doesn't transfer that much either. I talked on the phone and at the end of my conversation i didn't have any makeup on my phone at all! Which means it won't transfer to anyone's cheek or shirt if i give a hug! You just look like you have clear smooth poreless flawless skin and like it's yours not out of a jar! That's HUGE! It almost even erases fine lines and imperfections. like it fills them in or something. VERY IMPRESSED! I haven't had to repowder at all with this all day! and THAT"S amazing to me! I wash it off with cleanser soap and water. It does take some work to get it off your face but that's good since that means it'll stay on your face all day! so that's no problem for me. Overall, i honestly really love this makeup. It is a bit pricey at $13.99 but that's fine so long as it works so well. Please Revlon don't change or discontinue this. It's a clear winner and i've tried billions of foundations in my past (I'm 42 and have been wearing makeup since 19!) Overall HIGHLY recommended!!! Will update once i've worn this for a week or so to see if i broke out or anything of the sort. Speaking of, it contains salycylic acid which means it's going to keep my skin clear! Yet another bonus!!!!!! VERY GOOD MAKEUP!!! YES!
UPDATE 5/6/2013 - STILL loving it the same way. Mix it with a little L'Oreal BB Face Perfector and it's even better!