October 24, 2014 | 1725 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2005 1:13:00 AM More reviews by kyasha

Love this product. It has a scent that I don't like, something like mineral oil. I try to apply it when I know I won't be around people. It doesn't irritate my acne and seems to help it. I also use this on my body. It's a great moisturizer.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2005 2:20:00 PM More reviews by AmayaNayeli

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very disappointed in this product. I have dry sensitive skin (Eczema aka atopic dermatitis) with an oily t-zone. This product actually made my dry eczema spots even more dry and more flaky! It also made me more blotchy and red! I have also broken out more! This product did exactly the opposite of what everyone else says it does.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2005 6:04:00 PM More reviews by aralin

♥ this product! I'm not using DE but I guess any 100% pure oil will still give the same results. I have dry skin and I use it twice a day, sometimes more :) It absorbs quickly and doesn't feel greasy. My skin used to have tiny bumps on my cheeks that I never could remove but are now gone! My face also feels very soft, smooth and it actually looks, dare I say it, glowy from within.

The best thing is that I know exactly what's going on my face - why take your chance with moisturisers with chemicals and preservatives in them when a wholly natural and good alternative exists?

I will honestly recommend this product 100% to anyone who asks me about it. But please note, you really do need a dropper! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2005 2:00:00 PM More reviews by camilla8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this product awhile ago on ebay because of all the great reviews I have read on here. I have been using DHC's Olive Oil and Cleanser for awhile now. The jojoba oil does just as great (maybe a little better), for 1/3 of the cost! I am very happy with this, I have very dry skin and it does wonders. My skin is looking very radiant too. I accidentally poured too much in my hands one time, but decided to put it all on anyway. It didn't break my face out at all, although if you put too much a layer of oil still stays on top (and gets on my pillow). I normally use this at night, but on an extra dry skin day I will use it in the morning, and with the right amount you won't get shiney. My makeup goes on much smoother, and it has helped tone my redness. I probably won't buy the DHC Olive Oil any longer (too expensive and I always feel like I'm getting ripped off). Great stuff!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2005 8:24:00 PM More reviews by googerstu

This is a great mosturiser. I mixed a bit of shimmer with mine and a bit of my favorite perfume oil. All the shimmer has sunk to the bottom, but if I want a bit of sparkle, I can shake it up. I have also put some oil into one of my empty contact solution containers so I can squeeze out the desired amount to use on my face. I just mix about two drops with my sunscreen daily, and it's great! It has healed a little dry spot above my eye (be careful not to get a lot IN your eye, though.
This moisturizes wonderfully, and my skin feels really soft. It does take a little while for this to sink in, though, and the Dessert Essence bottle is just OK.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2005 1:58:00 PM More reviews by wagnermba

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This truly is my HG of all moisturizing products. I have been using this product as a nighttime moisturizer for the past 3 years and my skin at 48 has never looked better. I also run a few drops through my hair in the evenings and my hair has never been healthier feeling or looking. Truly the best!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2005 10:15:00 PM More reviews by macha_lopez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

An excellent moisturizer. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2005 9:24:00 PM More reviews by boblio9721

I use this on my face, and it's an excellent moisturizer. This doesn't clog my pores and doesn't feel heavy on my face. There's also no weird smell. Another plus is that this oil (or vegetable wax, if you wanna get technical) can be used on the body and in your hair. My skin has really calmed down significantly since I started using this, and it's not as oily as it used to be. I have yet to find another moisturizer this good!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2005 8:20:00 PM More reviews by LilShortie

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

lt me tell you how FANTASTIC this stuff is!!!!

My hair is horribly damaged and it's breaking off. It's also VERY dry, esp in the back.

NOTHING I have EVER tried to put in my hair (shampoos, conds, treatments, you name it!) comes even close to what this stuff can do!!!... For me, it works best putting a small drop into already dried hair.

My hair is SOOOO soft now!!!!

Thank you, MUA!!!!!! <333

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2005 7:52:00 AM More reviews by dumpling

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Have to join in the chorus of approval for this product- it really delivers.
I don't use the Desert Essence brand as I couldn't find it, but used the first bottle of pure oil I could find.
I use it exactly like DHC's cleansing oil and massage it in for a few minutes after rubbing my palms together vigorously to warm it up. Then I splash my face with water and use Ahava's mineral soap to remove, finally I use a thin (asian kind) damp wash cloth to remove and to exfoliate. This leaves my skin looking beautifully polished and bright, but without being taut or dry. I follow with a rosewater& Grape fruit seed extract toner (see my review under 2ggrrls)and a vitamin C serum (Korres Rose Hips). My skin is completely unpredictable (extremely acne/oily prone asian skin)and can look nice and then a week later I look awful. This has helped me better than my other regimes but this could all change so I will update later.But in the meantime my skin looks pretty radiant and my family and friends have complimented me on my skin (that hasn't happened for a while)so that's quite positive.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No