September 19, 2014 | 1824 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2005 8:24:00 PM More reviews by googerstu

This is a great mosturiser. I mixed a bit of shimmer with mine and a bit of my favorite perfume oil. All the shimmer has sunk to the bottom, but if I want a bit of sparkle, I can shake it up. I have also put some oil into one of my empty contact solution containers so I can squeeze out the desired amount to use on my face. I just mix about two drops with my sunscreen daily, and it's great! It has healed a little dry spot above my eye (be careful not to get a lot IN your eye, though.
This moisturizes wonderfully, and my skin feels really soft. It does take a little while for this to sink in, though, and the Dessert Essence bottle is just OK.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2005 1:58:00 PM More reviews by wagnermba

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This truly is my HG of all moisturizing products. I have been using this product as a nighttime moisturizer for the past 3 years and my skin at 48 has never looked better. I also run a few drops through my hair in the evenings and my hair has never been healthier feeling or looking. Truly the best!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2005 10:15:00 PM More reviews by macha_lopez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

An excellent moisturizer. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2005 9:24:00 PM More reviews by boblio9721

I use this on my face, and it's an excellent moisturizer. This doesn't clog my pores and doesn't feel heavy on my face. There's also no weird smell. Another plus is that this oil (or vegetable wax, if you wanna get technical) can be used on the body and in your hair. My skin has really calmed down significantly since I started using this, and it's not as oily as it used to be. I have yet to find another moisturizer this good!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2005 8:20:00 PM More reviews by LilShortie

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

lt me tell you how FANTASTIC this stuff is!!!!

My hair is horribly damaged and it's breaking off. It's also VERY dry, esp in the back.

NOTHING I have EVER tried to put in my hair (shampoos, conds, treatments, you name it!) comes even close to what this stuff can do!!!... For me, it works best putting a small drop into already dried hair.

My hair is SOOOO soft now!!!!

Thank you, MUA!!!!!! <333

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2005 7:52:00 AM More reviews by dumpling

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Have to join in the chorus of approval for this product- it really delivers.
I don't use the Desert Essence brand as I couldn't find it, but used the first bottle of pure oil I could find.
I use it exactly like DHC's cleansing oil and massage it in for a few minutes after rubbing my palms together vigorously to warm it up. Then I splash my face with water and use Ahava's mineral soap to remove, finally I use a thin (asian kind) damp wash cloth to remove and to exfoliate. This leaves my skin looking beautifully polished and bright, but without being taut or dry. I follow with a rosewater& Grape fruit seed extract toner (see my review under 2ggrrls)and a vitamin C serum (Korres Rose Hips). My skin is completely unpredictable (extremely acne/oily prone asian skin)and can look nice and then a week later I look awful. This has helped me better than my other regimes but this could all change so I will update later.But in the meantime my skin looks pretty radiant and my family and friends have complimented me on my skin (that hasn't happened for a while)so that's quite positive.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2005 1:44:00 PM More reviews by jezseeca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Well... I would give this ten lippies if i could...because I absolutely adore this product! When i started, I already had several small bumps on my cheeks and some "t.o.m." blemishes. The Jojoba Oil makes a MAJOR improvement. I find it's even better than DHC cleansing oil, which costs way more! I've been using DE jojoba for several weeks now, but even after the first couple days i notice how SOFT it made my face!!!! It really improves the texture a lot --even the after the first day. I spend about about 2-3 minutes massaging it in (which is great for circulation!). Now after a few weeks, I notice that my skin looks/feels VERY plump and baby soft! pores are smaller as well! However, after the first week, I did notice the deep blemishes noted by other reviewers...but i just think that those were always there, and the Jojoba oil brought them up to the surface so they could heal. It took just three days after that and now my face is totally clear and VERY SOFT!!! What really helped clear those blemishes was using Desert Essence Thoroughly Clean Facial Wash (also found at Trader Joes) it has Tea Tree Oil in it, so it really cleared up my skin right away. So now i have my HOLY GRAIL regimin: 1. wash with DE thoroughly clean facial wash for a good minute 2. massage in a few drops of Jojoba oil until absorbed (about 2 minutes) 3. apply a tiny dab of the DE moisturizer...and voila! baby soft skin! It feels much plumper after only a couple weeks, totally clear and WAY SOFTER! The desert essence line is great and i'm so glad i found it! Another note: I used to MAC and Stila foundation/powders but stopped using them after realizing that they were doing nothing but clogging my pores! I have then switched to Bare Minerals powder and i just love it! My skin used to be sensitive/combination, but now...after using Desert Essence skincare and Bare Minerals make up my skin is finally normal and actually....dare i say...pretty! :) also, i keep it in lovely little dropper bottle i found at a health food store. It works GREAT!!!!!!!! i will never go back to other cleansers--they are too harsh! this is just perfect. MUCH BETTER ALTERNATIVE to DHC Deep Cleansing Oil-- and this jojoba oil isn't drying at all like DHC can be!

------->UPDATE... 4/20/05: I am still loving this! the only time i don't use this is that week a month (TOTM) when my skin acts crazy no matter what. But for the rest of the month, this oil works great. It has totally gotten rid of those tiny little bumps i had on my cheeks and chin that i could never get rid of (they were sort of just underneath the skin) but now they are all gone, and my skin texture is really smooth. any breakouts i have now are just hormonal and don't last long (i figure i'll have to find a vitamin to take to prevent those...). Also, i find that when i use this jojoba oil i need a good exfoliant 2x a week-- i like the one JASON makes with papaya enzymes. great combo with J.O.! ;)

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2005 2:31:00 AM More reviews by rustload

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for two months now as my nighttime moisturiser, and also to blend a couple drops into my day lotions for added moisture. It is fantastic. My skin adores it, and has never looked better. No breakouts, flakes are banished into another dimension. In my two months of fervent multi-daily use (I rub it onto my hands as well, and sometimes use it for a WONDERFUL eye makeup remover) less than 1/4 of the bottle has been used up. I will repurchase this over and over and over again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2005 5:54:00 AM More reviews by ziggy_medusa

OK, I have been using jojoba (pure, tho not this brand listed) on my skin every night for the last month and was highly sceptical about its fabulousness. Now i have to say it is sooooo true, wonderful stuff. I thought it would break me out or something because i was so brainwashed that oilfree is good and oil is terribly bad but not only did i not breakout, my skin looks fantastic-glowing and balanced.I have normal/combination skin, all i do is pat a few drops over damp face at night after cleansing and using microexfoliant and when i wake up = gorgeous skin. By far the best moisturiser i have ever used, planning to try it on hair and even my body....FANTASTIC ( although its not for everyone e.g. i am not sure how it would be if u are highly breakout prone, but for me- fantastic!!!) if anything changes, will update.

edit: stopped using this a while ago, too heavy for my combo skin on a regular basis-started to block my pores on my cheeks, such a bummer!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2005 1:52:00 PM More reviews by barbre

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I use another brand of jojoba oil but they are probably, more or less, of the same quality. I use it at night on my face. Just 3 drops on a still damp skin. It gets in very quickly, makes skin soft and glowing. I have combo, acne-prone skin. Now it's less greasy and dry, and it rarely breaks out. Jojoba is better than any face moisturizer, it's 100% natural and really cheap. I've been using it for 3 weeks now. Sometimes I put it on my hair, as a pre-wash treatement, or on my dry hair. It works better on my skin though. Also, it's excellent for cuticles. A cheap little miracle, I must say! Will repurchase.
Hope this helps!