December 17, 2014 | 1737 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2005 10:25:00 AM More reviews by jesst7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this on my face at night and my skin has never looked so healthy. I could definitely see an improvement within a week of using it. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2005 7:42:00 PM More reviews by fatcow44

in my quest to only put natural products on my body and face, i found this for any flakies on my face. so far i have been using this to pat under my eyes and other dry spots before my moisturizer...it fills in fine lines, yes i have them, and so far doesn't plug up the pores. love it! bottle sucks though as it dribbles out the side of the lid when you pour it. i transferred mine to another bottle with a drip friendly lid.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2005 6:38:00 PM More reviews by fashionista18

I just love this product. The only mosturizer that works for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2005 11:31:00 PM More reviews by ThirdTimesACharm

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Desert Essence 100% jojoba oil is an absolute staple!! This product is so versatile; I use it for my face, body, and hair!!

For face, I use it as an eye makeup remover sometimes, moisturizer for my eye area and any dry patches on my face. This stuff is so incredibly moisturizing, and DOESN'T BREAK ME OUT!!! And I am seriously the most acne-prone person out there!! It is wonderful for the eye area; I love to lightly rub it all over right before bed. When I wake up, the entire area is soft, smooth, and radiant. As an eye makeup remover, it is superb. Plus, I LOVE to rub it onto my lashes...I SWEAR it makes them more lush!!!!

For hair, I like to use it as a deep conditioner treatment and rub it into my scalp and then wash it out. Great for moisturizing and revitalizing the hair follicles! Sometimes I use 1-2 drops as a leave-in treatment as well.

For body, this is great just to use on dry, parched hands or all over the body right after the shower; this really helps seal in the moisture.

I get mine's at Trader Joe's for about 6-7 bucks, which is a total bargain considering all the uses of this product...plus the fact that you don't need that much! I've had mine for almost a year and I'm not even half done with the bottle yet! This is such a beauty staple; I highly encourage you to try it out!!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2005 12:47:00 AM More reviews by Angel_Ling

This being a skincare board favorite, I just had to try it. I too was skeptical about putting an oil on to moisturize my combo skin, but DHC (and their deep cleansing oil & moisturizers) have proved me wrong. And indeed, jojoba oil does not make my face any more oily -- in fact, I wake up with a less oily face than normal (although this by no means mattifies). It does leave the skin with a dewy finish and very smooth, sinking in after a minute. Tip: put about 3-5 drops of this on immediately after lightly patting your face dry after washing (or after using a toner), and pat in -- no rubbing! For the past 2 months, I've been using it as a moisturizer at night. The only reason why I'm giving it a 4 and reverting back to a moisturizer is because I realized that this doesn't really moisturize normal-to-dry skin; I have some flaking skin on my forehead and cheeks, and putting on jojoba oil does nearly nothing for it. I think this product is really great for combination or oily-skinned people, but I think drier-skinned people need something richer. Anyway, it was super cheap at $7 for a good-sized bottle that will last foreeeever. Oh, and you could use it on your arms, legs, and shoulders to have a dewy sheen, and use a light layer for taming down frizzy hair, so really, this is a hardworking multitasker.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2005 1:13:00 AM More reviews by kyasha

Love this product. It has a scent that I don't like, something like mineral oil. I try to apply it when I know I won't be around people. It doesn't irritate my acne and seems to help it. I also use this on my body. It's a great moisturizer.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2005 2:20:00 PM More reviews by AmayaNayeli

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very disappointed in this product. I have dry sensitive skin (Eczema aka atopic dermatitis) with an oily t-zone. This product actually made my dry eczema spots even more dry and more flaky! It also made me more blotchy and red! I have also broken out more! This product did exactly the opposite of what everyone else says it does.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2005 6:04:00 PM More reviews by aralin

♥ this product! I'm not using DE but I guess any 100% pure oil will still give the same results. I have dry skin and I use it twice a day, sometimes more :) It absorbs quickly and doesn't feel greasy. My skin used to have tiny bumps on my cheeks that I never could remove but are now gone! My face also feels very soft, smooth and it actually looks, dare I say it, glowy from within.

The best thing is that I know exactly what's going on my face - why take your chance with moisturisers with chemicals and preservatives in them when a wholly natural and good alternative exists?

I will honestly recommend this product 100% to anyone who asks me about it. But please note, you really do need a dropper! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2005 2:00:00 PM More reviews by camilla8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this product awhile ago on ebay because of all the great reviews I have read on here. I have been using DHC's Olive Oil and Cleanser for awhile now. The jojoba oil does just as great (maybe a little better), for 1/3 of the cost! I am very happy with this, I have very dry skin and it does wonders. My skin is looking very radiant too. I accidentally poured too much in my hands one time, but decided to put it all on anyway. It didn't break my face out at all, although if you put too much a layer of oil still stays on top (and gets on my pillow). I normally use this at night, but on an extra dry skin day I will use it in the morning, and with the right amount you won't get shiney. My makeup goes on much smoother, and it has helped tone my redness. I probably won't buy the DHC Olive Oil any longer (too expensive and I always feel like I'm getting ripped off). Great stuff!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2005 8:24:00 PM More reviews by googerstu

This is a great mosturiser. I mixed a bit of shimmer with mine and a bit of my favorite perfume oil. All the shimmer has sunk to the bottom, but if I want a bit of sparkle, I can shake it up. I have also put some oil into one of my empty contact solution containers so I can squeeze out the desired amount to use on my face. I just mix about two drops with my sunscreen daily, and it's great! It has healed a little dry spot above my eye (be careful not to get a lot IN your eye, though.
This moisturizes wonderfully, and my skin feels really soft. It does take a little while for this to sink in, though, and the Dessert Essence bottle is just OK.