November 28, 2014 | 1826 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2004 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Angel_Ling

I absolutely adore this cream. The consistency is perfect - not runny and not too thick or hard to spread, but a perfect middle ground. It glides on the skin. Plus, to me, there's something nifty about whipping out the plain green tube that cost $6 and beautifully moisturizes skin to a healthy glow, instead of a tiny tube of algae or cavier that costs $180. I like to use this as a night cream and eye cream, too. It cured three very, very dry patches I had on my face (due to BP) overnight. I have combo skin, so this might be a wee bit too heavy for the day (specifically, in my t-zone), but it's great as a night cream. Thanks MUA, for recommending this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2004 2:39:00 PM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

When traveling, I always bring a tube of this...it's a great all-over moisturizer for face & body. I have breakout-prone skin, and this is the only product w/petroleum in it that doesn't clog my pores. (It's strange how this is thicker than Cetaphil lotion, yet it doesn't break me out like the lotion does.) It's a nice, non-medicated cream - very handy to use together w/AHA or BHA products...helps to alleviate any dryness or flaking caused by strong treatment skincare.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2004 1:36:00 PM More reviews by sara13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Cetaphil cream works great for my very sensitive, dry skin. And you can't beat the price, since it's available at Costco for around $8 dollars for a giant tub. Leaves skin soft and unirritated.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2004 9:53:00 AM More reviews by MegE

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

For the past couple of years I used this on occasion on my face at night, but never on consecutive nights. I tried it all over my face 3 nights in a row and I kept waking up to slightly dull skin with a bit of a waxey residue. My skin just felt clogged, and sure enough, I broke out in many zits around my face. I stopped use of it, and my skin cleared up. So now I'm just using it as my nightly hand cream. Since this review is in the "face" section, I have to give it 1 "lippie". As a hand cream, though, I give it 5!!!!!  For a nightime face moisturizer I prefer Sage's Old Lady Cream (ultra soothing & awesome under bp/bha & after waxing upper lip).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2004 9:51:00 AM More reviews by MegE

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2004 9:49:00 AM More reviews by MegE

I use this as my nightly hand cream and LOVE it! Feels so soft and fresh on my skin. I buy it in the 3 oz. tube, as it's more sanitary than the huge 16 oz. tub. Although, the tub is a much better value.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2004 2:27:00 AM More reviews by typicalgirls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my absolute HG moisturizer. Some might think it's too thick to use on your face, but this has saved my eczemous skin. I stick to using just this on my face, sometimes mixed with a sunscreen in the daytime, my skin is so much healthier looking now. This gentle, but effective. Best for those with skin conditioners or people who are ultra sensitive to ingredients.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2004 7:12:00 PM More reviews by amy_aimee2000

My face is SO much better after switching to this from DDML. Every dermatologist likes it, and it could moisturize ANYone. I don't put it on my nose because I'm oilier there, but it's sooooo great for the rest of my face, neck, decollete... entire body, really. It's so perfectly simple and good and cheap and wonderful.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2004 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Honeybabe39

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I started using this on the recommendation of my dermatologist when I was peeling from Tazorac. It soothed my irritated skin wonderfully, and I still use it two years later even without the Tazorac. I tried the lotion, but for some reason it felt greasier and made my skin look oilier. The cream, while heavier in texture, soaks right into my skin and makes it look "normal" - not too dry or too oily, just perfect. It has no scent at all, which is wonderful, and it works as a great non irritating body moisturizer as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2004 1:40:00 PM More reviews by mkplvr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the only body cream i can use without getting itchy, or breakouts, it was recommended by my derm about 3mos. ago and i'm still not finished with the tub and it was cheap! Two drawbacks i can live with are it doesn't smell at all (which is probably why it doesn't irritate) and the tub should have a pump instead of a cap, but i highly recommend it for itchy people like myself.