July 28, 2014 | 2075 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2004 10:58:00 PM More reviews by nora80

Cetaphil cream, how do I love thee. This actually moisturizes the heck out of my combo/breakout-prone/somewhat sensitive skin when I'm having the flakies from BHA, cold winter weather, etc, and it makes a lovely night cream. Not very greasy, entirely un-pore-clogging for me, absolutely wonderful :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2004 12:46:00 AM More reviews by LiisUsa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had very, very dry skin one winter and tried this because I was told by derm. it was "trusted." It burned my skin and I turned red. Very disappointing. Cetaphil does not deserve its derm. hype.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2004 8:39:00 PM More reviews by cutie_patootie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So, I really wanted the most basic, rich moisturizer I could find. Bought a big tub of this at Costco with high hopes. It caused tiny, skin-colored bumps all over my face, in areas where I usually do not get break-outs (temples, bridge of nose). So, will not be using this anymore, and the hunt continues for a good rich cream w/out fancy schmancy ingredients.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2004 2:22:00 AM More reviews by smellslikeleaves

Great stuff. I have combination skin with oily T-zone and dry patches on my cheeks and chin, with lots of flakes due to Retin-A and avid BHA and BP use. In other words, my skin is a nightmare. I love my St.Ives Oil Free Moisturizer, but I needed heavy-duty moisturizer for my dry spots and flakes. This does the job perfectly, and thankfully does not cause breakouts on my excruciatingly sensitive acne-prone skin. My only complaint is that it sits on my skin for a LONG time before drying up or absorbing completely, which can be kind of a pain in the ass when I'm applying powder foundation (which changes color when my skin is moist). Oh, and it would be perfect if it had SPF 15 or greater. But I'll make do...this is definitely my after-sunset moisturizer of choice.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2004 10:03:00 PM More reviews by the_zen_fairy

the cheapest, best moisturizer on the planet. since i started using cetaphil, my skin has looked bright and beautiful. it has never been calmer and clearer. at 10 dollars for a giant tub, i am sold!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2004 8:18:00 AM More reviews by vasalisa7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this creme has saved me from tight, dry, flaky skin! i use it on my face and body in the winter and it's the only thing that will keep my skin hydrated all day. it runs around $10-11 for a giant tub that has lasted me two winters. please note: cetaphil also makes a LOTION that is totally different than the CREME. The lotion is sold in a pump and is ten times lighter than the creme - so check the labels when you are purchasing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2004 3:16:00 AM More reviews by mudpud

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wasn't sure whether to review this under face care or body care, so I guess I'll try here. I can definitely see this as a staple in my medicine cabinet. No, I wouldn't use this all over my face (normal-combo skin here), but I do use it for dry patches on my skin in the winter and for any other generic dry patches (face or body). It's 100% fragrance-free, not just "fragrance-free" w/ a weird chemical smell, and hasn't irritated my skin at all (though I don't have very sensitive skin). It's a bit thick for my tastes to use as a body cream, but a little tube of the stuff will be present in the bathroom from now on. I also use this on my lips under balms w/ nice results.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2004 12:11:00 AM More reviews by sporadicity

My dermatologist recommended this for my dry skin. It works fabulous for dry to very dry skin. You need to use it in very small amounts otherwise it'll be too much and get too greasy.

I would buy this again when I run out, but I'd need a lighter moisturizer for the summer time due to my combination skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2004 1:27:00 PM More reviews by Saund

This cream managed to get rid of my dry, flaky, winter skin, but it made me break out horribly. Three weeks later, I'm still recovering. It's also pretty greasy and feels like it just sits on top of my face, rather than absorbing. I think all of the above may be because it contains petrolatum.

The only thing I really liked about it is the sanitary tube that it comes in.

I don't think I would purchase this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2004 6:49:00 PM More reviews by bikinibomb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

There is a big difference when you this moisturizer compared to others it helps so much with sensitive skin. I suffer from occassional eczema flare ups. This is the only cream I can use on my face and body without having to worry about breaking me out or irritating my skin more. It is the best on the market