August 22, 2014 | 2007 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2010 4:19:00 PM More reviews by Stacks

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! it is so smooth and is the perfect coverage, its definitely buildable and gives a nice glow. Im definitely going to purchase again, but in the right shade this time (sometimes there shades are too yellowish, but i do have a yellow undertone.) blends in well but is expensive. but its worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2010 3:39:00 PM More reviews by jazmatazz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG foundation alert fellow makeup lovers! I am officially in love with this foundation. Nars sheer glow feels absolutely weightless on my skin, throughout the day I don't even realize I have foundation on! The coverage is medium to full and definitely buildable. I have a lot of acne scars and hyperpigmentation. I was worried this foundie wouldn't cover enough for me, but it does. On a few other areas afterwards I apply some MAC studio finish.

I have been told by friends that my face looks more even and that it's a great color match. Couldn't ask for more.

No breakouts from this foundation. I find the best application with my fingers, starting from the nose and blending outwards.

The most difficult part is finding a match as many of the shades have pink undertones (need more yellow).

Only 4 stars because it needs a pump. This is the most expensive foundation I've ever purchased. At $42, it is a pricey product and I feel like everyday I am wasting so much product without having a pump as I pour it out on the back of my hand. I heard Nars will be selling a pump in a few months, once they have a pump it will be a 5 star rating from me.

Nars products continually amaze me and this is no different.

p.s. I have also heard Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer is a drugstore dupe for this but haven't tried it myself. I am so happy to have found something that works I don't want to change up my routine just yet.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2010 12:17:00 AM More reviews by Crivera313

i do like this product a lot. I do not like to wear a mask on my face so to me this is very light. If you like medium-heavy you most likely wont like this. The only problem is the color selection is way too yellow. It's very expensive too.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2010 5:28:00 PM More reviews by ladeedatiffany

I had really high hopes for this foundation. I really wanted to love it, but sadly I don't. I'm an NC25 from MAC and the color Deauxville matches me pretty nicely. The foundation blends nice but thats about it. My skin is not that bad.. i have a few blemishes and some acne scarring and this foundation doesn't cover enough for me. I knows its a medium cover foundation but for me.. its a little bit more like a light-medium coverage. I have oily skin but with a few dry patches around my nose and this foundation clings to the dry areas and makes my face look freally gross. After a few hours I feel like the foundation wears off and my face looks.. patchy? Sigh.. I will be returning this. I wore it 3 times and all 3 times this foundation failed to impress me. This isn't the worst foundation I've ever tried.. but for the price that I paid I was hoping for something more. If you have normal skin and its pretty smooth and blemish free then this foundation might work for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2010 1:32:00 PM More reviews by mobo10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm so sad because I wanted to love this but it made my skin really oily and broke me out :( I found that by the end of the day alot of the imperfections on my face were peaking through the foundation and I looked pretty oily. The colour was nice on me but sadly I won't be purchasing again.
April 26th: This just keeps getting worse! I've been trying to use this with Smashbox primer underneath but ZERO LUCK! It sits on my face like a mask! Also it sits in all the fine lines in my skin (I'm only 25 and I didn't think I was very wrinkley but this just makes my skin look old!) and looks like a mask. By the end of the day if I rest my hand on my cheek the foundation is ALL over my hand! I don't understand why this is isn't working for me!?

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2010 1:18:00 PM More reviews by lovesShadow

Despite the lack of pump and price tag of this foundation, it is still the best foundation I've ever tried and my HG (and I've tried plenty). I like that it has a satin-y finish and is long lasting. I wear NW25 in sff and shed Fiji (light 5) was my match. I've gotten tones of compliment on how great my skin looks since switching to this. Will def repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2010 11:23:00 AM More reviews by serenabena1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wish there was a HELL YES option for "would you buy this product again". I am so in love with this. I have tried MANY foundations that give a full coverage, but dont look cakey and this works like a charm! I apply it with my 130 brush and it is AMAZINGGGG!!!!! I am NC 30 with pink undertones so i got Sante Fe. LOVE IT

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2010 5:38:00 PM More reviews by TemptMeBeautyBlog

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is almost in my HG category but I find that it can be a fraction drying and because of that it loses a lippie. So if you have drier skin then make sure you use a good moisturiser underneath. The range of shades is good, they are yellow based and matched my skin really well. It also lasts and lasts, without a primer. I find at the end of the day my skin looks just as flawless as when my face is fresh. It also gives me a beautiful natural glow so yet another must have foundation for me. The one tip I have is to blend it with your fingers and do it quickly. After a few minutes the foundation sets and I'm left with perfect looking skin. Some people get annoyed with the bottle and lack of pump but that doesn't really bother me. This is a great foundation!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2010 6:38:00 PM More reviews by AlmaStarr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

UPDATE: So I found a trick that makes this last on me. I use moisturizer, wait three minutes, sunscreen, wait three minutes, and then Cargo HD primer/mattifyer, then foundation, then Cargo HD powder on top. It looks gooood for summer. Very natural in the sunlight and it lasts for about five hours. But, man, what a pain!!! Updated the lippie to four. ORIGINAL REVIEW: I was so excited to try this. After much deliberation, I settled on the shade Santa Fe (even though I'm NC 25 and Ceylan was recommended by most). The shade was a perfect match. I put on my moisturizer and sunscreen with a primer on top and prepared myself for the magic to occur. Sure enough, I got a flawless, natural look that surpassed all expectations. I immediately pronounced it HG. Then, a few hours later, I peeked at myself in the car mirror in the daylight. OUCH. It had completely worn away from the oily areas and clung to the dry spots giving me a speckled, mosaic look. It was the worst any foundation had ever looked on me. So far, I've kept it to try various methods of wearing it (different moisturizer, without sunscreen, no primer, alternate setting powders). Same effect - great at first and then terrible later. I'm leaving it at 3 lippies for now but I'll update if I find the trick to keeping this looking awesome all day instead of just the first hour...

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2010 10:17:00 AM More reviews by Cyberkitty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am so in love with this foundation. It's the best I've ever tried. It's not too heavy but I can build it up in certain areas without getting a caked on look. I don't even use a concealer under my eyes anymore, because this does the same job. It has a natural looking glow to it which I love and what sets it apart from the other foundations I have used. I have to be careful with the moisturizers I use though because if they are too heavy, it gives the foundation a greasy look. I feel like I have such beautiful, flawless, young looking skin when I wear this and it seems to help smooth out wrinkles and never settles into my lines like most of my other foundations do. Please give this a try!