eos Lip Balm Sphere - Summer Fruit

3.4

Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Beeswax (Cire D’abeille), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Natural Flavor, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf/Stem Extract, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract, Fragaria Vesca (Strawberry) Fruit Extract, Prunus Persica (Peach) Fruit Extract, Linalool

on 6/19/2010 11:27:00 AM

The scent of this is great! I also like the way this feels on my lips. Moisturized, a bit moist, a bit tacky and it lasts a decent amount of time. I'm torn about the packaging. It's a little tough to get into quickly and of course it's not a precise application. But I love the color of the package, the way you twist it open and honestly the ball of lipbalm is just fun! Overall I really like this, it's easy to wear under lipstick, you don't have to touch your fingers to it and the 100% natural ingredients are awesome since you injest so much of your lipbalm anyway.

on 6/18/2010 8:58:00 PM

I was so excited to FINALLY see this in my walgreens today, i just had to get one. i picked up the summer fruit one, an these are my first impressions-
1-SMELLS AMAZING!!!!!
2-good moister!
3-Cute packaging-but difficult to open and close, especaily when doing somthing else like driving or walking. you wil never lose it, but it makes it hard to store too-ie. doesnt fit in my pocket very well
I want to try the melon one too! will repurchase!

I really wanted to love this product. The EOS lip balms seem to have quite a following, and I really apreciated that it was certified organic. When I found this at my local Walgreens I bought it in both Honeysuckle Honeydew and Summer fruit. It was cheap, so I thought "why not?"

This balm is very waxy, much like Burts Bees, which I am not a fan of. The shape of this also makes the balm difficult to put on with any precision. I didn't find this balm to be very moisturizing either. The Summer Fruit scent/ flavor, however, was very nice.

Though this balm may be natural, it have several products that I would never put on my face because they are very pore clogging, including shea butter, coconut oil, and beeswax. Because precision application is not possible with the shape of this, some balm was bound to get on the skin around my mouth. When I used this balm I noticed a bunch of tiny whiteheads around my mouth. Between that and the waxy feeling, this was tossed in the trash.

had to try this-it's a pretty great product for the price. smells great, feels good on, and was not difficult to apply! i dunno what you do when you get down really low, but i think you could still get it out with a fingertip. i think the packaging is cute, and i like the smell, too.

on 6/14/2010 2:25:00 PM

I think every beauty guru on YouTube has this in a haul video, which is precisely why I had avoided buying this product for so long. But I came across it at Tom Thumb for $2 and I couldn't resist any longer.

Let me just say that Carmex has been my favorite lip balm for years. I've tried lots of other brands, but I always go back to Carmex. This little circular sucker, however, might just be the one that rips me away from Carmex forever.

The packaging is nice and all, but the product alone is worth all the buzz. Most balms I've tried don't really penetrate the surface, That's not the case with EOS. It goes beyond the surface of my lips, and it leaves them soft for hours. I can go 3 or 4 hours without having to reapply. The smell is pleasant and subtle--perfect for summer.

on 6/10/2010 7:50:00 AM

I am addicted to this!!! Smelly yummy!!! Definitely an HG! Will stock up on these!!!

on 6/6/2010 7:29:00 AM

I love this lip balm! I have always been a lip balm/chapstick/lip gloss junkie because of my often dry/chapped lips... and I am so happy to have this product. I needed something that was organic and didn't contain any comedogenic ingredients and I found it :). I have oily acne prone skin and some chapsticks would clog the pores along my lipline and cause pimples there, ewww. Unfortunately it does not have spf but they just came out with a new lemon lip balm with spf 15, can't wait to buy it!

on 6/5/2010 10:58:00 PM

Was the packaging what drew me in? Without a doubt. Walking into Walgreens to grab something quick, I just had to grab two of these interestingly shaped lip balms (they were 2 for $6) in Summer Fruit and Honeysuckle since I'm always trying out new lip balms anyway. I eventually gave Honeysuckle to my sister, but kept the Summer Fruit. The packaging is a novelty - every time I whip it out, people around me ask me what it is.

The smell is sweet and reminds me very much of the asian Flower Kiss candy I ate when I was little. However, the product itself? Mediocre. It's somewhat waxy but still moisturizing when put on, but after a short while (less than an hour), my lips are dry again. With this lip balm, I felt I had to apply again over and over to keep my lips moisturized. So for all intents and purposes, this has failed as a lip balm to me. I even tried using this at night before bed, and woke up to chapped lips. No, it's not the greatest lip balm for me as I do have a tendency towards drier lips, but it's still worth a try for novelty's sake. Maybe if you don't have a tendency towards chapped lips, this would work better for you. Still, I'm sticking with my favorite Jack Black lip balm.

on 6/5/2010 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Like many out there, I AM A COMPLETE SUCKER FOR FUNKY PACKAGING. With that being said, my decision in purchasing this product is based on 70% packaging and 30% quality. I bought the three pack they had during X-mas of 2009 and I have yet to use up the one I chose which is the Summer Fruit flavor/scent. There's not much to say in quality. It works like most other balms out there. And Summer Fruit pretty much smells like any other fruit fragrance lurking around a million other products in the market. The huge sphere does allow maximum application of both your upper and lower lips. It's smooth and waxy which I personally like in a lip balm because I feel it makes a better base for lipstick and gloss. I bought the 3 pack at my local walgreens for $9.99 which isn't bad considering I bought my Burt's Bees 3 pack balm (another LE) for $9.99 as well. You get a lot of product for what you pay for which is why I plan on repurchasing in the event I actually finish one of these things. Great product. I definitely recommend especially if you're into eclectic looking things.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

There are MANY things from this lipbalm that I absolutely love, the packaging being one of them. The scent is AMAZING, like I almost want to eat it pretty much. Very fruity and not too strong, very nice scent. The moisturizing of this product is excellent, but sometimes if I put the wrong product on top of it, it makes me lips feel drier, but most of the time, it's because of a lipgloss or something of the like. But overall, I really do LOVE this product.

I have the Honeysuckle Honeydew one as well, but I haven't used it yet. I like the smell of it better than Summerfruit, but I want to wait until I've used up Summerfruit to use it. I may write a review of it after I've used it a while likewise this lipbalm.

I definitely recommend going out and FINDING this thing. It's kinda difficult to find in my town, because I live in such a small town. It took me flippin' FOREVAAAA to find these! I went to Wal-Mart, Walgreens...and I'm not sure if I looked at CVS, but I should check. I finally found them at Rite-Aid for $3.29 and I got two. But if you live in a much larger town, you might not have as much trouble as I did.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Worth The Hype? | EOS Lip Balm VS. Nivea Milk & Honey Lip Care (Review) 2014 by thatgermangirl08

Best To Worst: EOS Lip Balm Review by kaylesTalk