November 28, 2014 | 1828 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2011 9:14:00 PM More reviews by danielle529

I really wanted to love this product. After reading so many great reviews online and watching people rave about it on youtube I shelled out 40 bucks and went to my nearest Sephora. I have combination, sensitive, acne-prone skin and am currently quite fair due to the lack of sun. So, I was matched with #115. The colormatch is spot on and in Sephora it looked great so I bought it and was so excited that I might have finally found my HG. Well, this foundation does look natural, not-matte but not-dewy finish, however it's staying power IS AWFUL. I tried the bare minerals, smashbox, avon, and laura geller primer underneath and it still starts to fade/get patchy about 4-5 of wear. I'm a high-school student and have no time to touch up between classes. I always set my liquid foundations with a powder I tried Rimmel Stay Matte, Bare Minerals Mineral Veil, Maybelline Mineral Veil, and Loreal True Match powder along with a primer and it still evaporated. Even though I have combination skin my skin wasn't oily and this product still could not hold. If it was about half the price I would just keep it for those days I don't need to wear makeup that long, but since it's $40 and soon the shade won't match me once I start tanning, it just doesn't seem worth it. It's a good product and would recommend it, but NOT to anyone who needs it to last a full work/school day. I rated it a 3 because of the price and staying power. But it most definitely deserves a 5 for packaging by being smart and having a pump.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2011 3:00:00 AM More reviews by w04hh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I like the way it looks when first applied, but I absolutely hate the way it feels on my skin. I was really looking forward to trying this foundation because it got such great reviews on Sephora. While it is a full coverage foundation, my skin still looked relative natural (a bit on the matte side). But the way it feels is a totally different story. It feels like a heavy mask that weighed my skin down. It's like I can feel like there is something on my face. I'm a NC20-25, neutral undertones, and 118 is a decent, but not perfect match. The staying power isn't so great either. When I was using, I was dying to wash my face at midday.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2011 1:38:00 PM More reviews by shlgh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Before I buy an expensive product, I thoroughly do research because really - who likes to waste money? Lol. I heard a lot of good things about this foundation. I've tried a lot of foundations and this is average at best for me. I love the packaging and the pump. I liked this product at first, but after a while, I started to dread using it. The thing I liked about it is that the coverage is pretty good. It covered my acne scars pretty well with the help of a tiny bit of concealer. To me, this is pretty expensive and I wouldn't repurchase...

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2011 12:44:00 PM More reviews by dollface29

I tried to like this foundation but no matter how hard i tried I just couldn't. First of all the shade that matched me best was just too dark. My guy would even tell me that I looked a little off than usual. You know when I guy notices makeup looks bad, then its bad. Also I had tiny little breakouts on my normally great skin. It looked like I was in desperate need of a facial or face scrub. Needless to say I wont be repurchasing

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2011 11:26:00 PM More reviews by BeautifiedBrunette

This is by far THE BEST foundation i have ever used!! Normally when i buy a foundation it is too pink or makes my skin look orange! This one is a Perfect Match! (Im Shade 120!) Some people said it was hard to blend but i didn't find that to be a problem but i do use a primer! I really try to use this product sparingly because of its price! 40 dollars in California!! But i think its worth every cent! The pump makes it even better because it is alot more sanitary than pouring it out from a bottle!!! As i said before BEST FOUNDATION EVER!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2011 11:09:00 PM More reviews by hkay6789

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Excellent product! The color selection is great especially for yellow tone girls. This is my first liquid foundation thats actually suppose to be give a medium coverage however I say it is very buildable. Gives you a dewy finish, so you definitely have to use a powder on top to mattify it!! but if you love that fresh, dewy look, its PERFECT!!!

Looks amazing in photos :D what more does a girl want!

only downside is the price. its ridiculously pricey. $50 in CA!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2011 1:11:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG foundation. 110 is light enough for my supremely pale skin and I'm a real fan of the level of coverage I get without it looking cakey or mask like. My skin is super oily and this stuff lasts all day even when I turn into an oil slick by the end of a long day. I'm still on a search for the perfect complimenting set powder for this.

The only complaint I have is the packaging. While I love the pump for cleanliness, it's VERY deceiving how much product is actually left in the bottle once it stops coming out of the pump. I've starting cracking open the seal and pouring out the foundation onto my hand once I hit the "end" of the bottle. I end up getting weeks more of use with the foundation that is still left inside.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2011 5:58:00 PM More reviews by KTcoleman30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I do love the packaging on this product, because it comes with a pump which is different than most other HE foundations. What I didn't like is a little lengthier; I'm a little bias because I had been using NARS Sheer Glow and loved it, so I'm not sure why I jumped on this bandwagon with the HD foundation.

When I applied it for the first time, I noticed it was fairly difficult to blend, and it was a little more chalky than the NARS foundation I've become so used to. It was also rather difficult to blend anywhere there was hair (fine hairs between my eyebrows, upper lip, peachfuzz on my cheeks) and just got caught up in the hairline and left it streaky.

I decided to test drive it through the day hoping it would calm down with body heat, but it didn't. It actually set EXACTLY how it applied; streaky, chalky and cakey.

I gave it a 2 for price because this foundation was just as pricey as NARS, but didn't nearly meet my expectations for a $40+ foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2011 1:40:00 AM More reviews by supersuper001

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is definitely my HG foundation :) There are so many different colours to choose from, so it's easy to find your perfect shade. It is pretty moisturizing so my skin does not go flaky after using it, but for the best results it is better to apply lotion under it first. It makes my face look wonderful in photos, and in person as well. Not to mention, it is very light and makes my face feel like I'm not wearing anything. The cons are that the price is a bit high, and it does not stay on quite well....it only lasts a few hours. I always have to re-apply it which is a drag :(

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2011 12:16:00 AM More reviews by MissCindy1

This foundation makes my face look literally flawless in pictures. I really like this foundation, but I only use for special occasions like a night out clubbing or a night out with the fiancee.