BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

4.1

on 7/1/2006 3:00:00 PM

i've used my High Beam nearly every day since summer of 2004, and have only gone through two bottles (lasts forever!). for paler, pinkish skin, this is fabulous- a tiny dab (with the poorly designed brush, i'll admit) is all you need per area on your face (tips of cheekbones, brow bones, inside of eyes, and cupid's bow), and there's a nice glow that lasts a long time. my friends refer to it as the "model stuff", as it gives you fabulous cheekbones. pricey, but worth the investment.

on 6/29/2006 10:58:00 PM

The Benefit Counter Guy basically attacked me today and put one of the "beams" on my face to highlight. He put it on my nose and then on my cheeks. It was horrendous! I looked like somewhere in between spacewoman and dying on my deathbed. I forced him to put blush on me, and it still didn't look good! Terrible. And my face feels itchy now, even after I washed it off... Yuck! I don't own any Benefit products, and now I never will!

on 6/27/2006 9:43:00 PM

This highlighter is really great. It creates a naturally looking glow without looking too "glittery" or oily. I always get compliments on it! Just some advice - I would apply it at the brow bone right under the brow and/or the corners of your eyes, it makes you look less tired and glowing! I know it may cost a lot but it's really worth it and lasts awhie. Plus! you get a tiny application brush ( like nail polish ) so it's easy to put on!

on 6/13/2006 10:39:00 AM

i didn't like this product. the texture is hard to work with, difficult to blend, and a little chalky. the packaging is horrible too, whoever thought of making the tiny nail polish like bottle like that with a crappy thin brush...this just confirms my feelings on benefit, i really dislike their products and think they are really silly and impractical. the color looks nice in the bottle, a soft baby light pink with silver/white shimmer frost, more white than silver. it just really didn't last on me, i wouldn't put it on my eyes and the texture like i said wasn't good. it wasn't creamy enough at all, i could tell right away that it wouldn't last when i put it on. i would suggest a powder highlighter or a real nice creamy one, not this 'liquid' garbage. same goes for moonbeam highlighter.

on 6/4/2006 5:58:00 PM

I love this! It's the perfect highlighter for your face and really versitile. I use this on my cheekbones and a little on my nose and chin and it makes it look glowy/dewy like the sun is hitting it. The color is a soft pearly pink. You only need a tiny bit and it goes a long way. I just bought this, this month and I'm so happy I did. My boyfriend even noticed and asked what I did different because I looked really "glowy and pretty" (Yay!) Love it......... :)

on 6/1/2006 4:52:00 AM

My HG highlighter. One of the only Benefit products that I think lives up to the hype, I use this daily under my brows and on my cheekbones, and it gives me wonderful glowing skin and creates fantastic definition. The small bottle is pricey but lasts for ages as you only need a tiny amount of product, I've used pretty much every day for 3 years now and I've only had to repurchase twice. If you're looking to fake "inner glow" the you'd be hard pressed to find anything better than High Beam.

I really like high beam, and I use it almost everyday to highlight the inside corners of my eyes, browbones, and cupids bow. I personally don't use it on my cheekbones though because I have oily skin and I find that it makes me look even oilier if I'm not constantly re-applying powder. (which is probably my powder/foundation's fault, but I have yet to find a really good one of those!) I like that it has a nice natural pink tone too, so it doesn't look too metallic or silvery. I'd buy it again if I ever run out, which I don't think will happen for a loooong time.

on 5/20/2006 11:00:00 AM

For me, this is just an average product. It is nice but nothing special. The bottle is cute and the color is pretty. This probably will last forever and I will continue to use it but probably not re-pursache. EDIT: I have begun adding several drops of this into my foundation and it makes me absolutely glow, I am a believer in this product now!

on 5/18/2006 9:40:00 PM

This product sits on top of my skin and is very noticable, I have to be careful on my application cos i fear i might put it on unevenly. With only light application it is visible, It is a nice pink, but it is a bit too sparkly/reflective.

on 5/12/2006 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i've never been a fan of benefit products, but this works great. it gives u a very pretty glow on my cool tone skin. i don't like the nail polish bottle packaging cuz it can get messy, but the product itself is awesome. i only need 3 tiny dots on each cheek to look healthy. one bottle should probably last a long while.

Video Reviews & Tutorials