Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.5

Water, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Acrylates/Steareth-20 Methacrylate Copolymer(thickening agent), Glycerin, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Butylene Glycol(preservative, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Phenoxyethanol, Masking Fragrance, Panthenol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben.

on 1/7/2003 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have been using this product at night to remove my makeup. It is working fine for me. Regular Cetaphil Gental Wash will not remove makeup effectively so it is the best find for me so far.

on 1/1/2003 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I tried this cleanser not too long ago and ended up throwing it out after using it for a couple of months. I have combo-oily/sensitive/acne-prone skin and it was too drying even for me. An added culprit might have been some other product I was using at the time, but regardless, I did not like this cleanser, period. I prefer Cetaphil's Gentle Skin Cleanser, but if you're looking for a similar type of foaming cleanser, try Alpha Hydrox's Foaming Face Wash.

on 12/30/2002 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

After reading so many fabulous reviews about this cleanser I decided to try it. It may be cheap but that is where my excitement ends. I washed my face and it was so dry and tight afterwards. It felt as if this cleanser sucked every drop of moisture from my skin. I will be returning this to the drug store and getting my money back ASAP.

on 12/21/2002 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

At first seemed like a great product, but as mentioned before..after a few uses, my skin got tight and dry. Then started breaking out due to over dry skin. Ughh. Screwed up my whole skincare routine, cause then I had to get a toner to get the leftover traces of makeup. Then I had to get a better moisturizer to put back moisture that was taken from me washing my face w/it. Sure it's cheap, but when you need to go and buy more products to accomodate what its done to your face...it just ain't worth it.

on 12/20/2002 6:27:00 PM

After using this product, my skin felt soft at first, but then it really started feeling quite dry and tight. The scent was kind of weird. It didn't remove my makep up very well. I only wear powder and lipstick on most days. I'm kind of disappointed...

on 12/10/2002 11:06:00 AM

I really had high hopes for this cleanser. Totally disappointing. I am not typically sensitive to scent, but let me tell you this stuff is awful, like a previous reviewer said it smells like laundry detergent. It didn't do a very good job at removing makeup and left my skin feeling irritated and gross. (I thought this was supposed to be gentle, and I don't have very sensitive skin!) I love the Cetaphil lotion for hands and body, but this was one of the worst cleansers I've ever used.

on 12/8/2002 2:51:00 AM

Excellent cleanser for normal to oily skin -- cleans thoroughly without drying the skin out *and* it removes all but the most waterproof of makeup. The only complaint I have is that I would prefer it to be unscented .. or at least without the odd scent that's a cross between baby shampoo and the medicine cabinet. Other than that, great all around.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I like this cleanser alot. However, I can't decide whether I like this one or the gentle skin cleanser better. I like that it has a pump dispenser. I also get a cleaner feeling from this one as opposed to the gentle skin cleanser. Some people don't like the fragrance, but I really don't mind it.

on 11/27/2002 1:02:00 AM

This cleanser makes up break out! Wow.... I don't see a reason for me to buy this again! It smells odd, it doesn't make me feel fresh and clean. It doesn't even remove my make up effectively. Although it is inexpensive, however, why bother?

on 11/21/2002 4:48:00 PM

My all-time favorite cleanser. I rarely breakout, but I have noticed that I breakout even less when I use this. It isn't the greatest make-up remover ever made, but it works fine for me. I think it smells nice too. Also, it is so cheap!