January 26, 2015 | 1929 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2002 6:58:00 PM More reviews by Colleen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am liking this cleanser. It's more of a summertime cleanser, as it tends to be a bit drying. I find that this one cleans much better than the original cetaphil cleanser and removes all of my makeup (without having to use a washcloth).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2002 10:10:00 AM More reviews by egilsdottir

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

hmm...i wanted to like this, but it just doesn't work as well for me as my beloved oil of olay daily facials. i liked the pump dispenser, but there was nothing extraordinary about this product, and it made my combo skin feel a bit dry & tight after a week of using it. i guess this is what i get for cheating on my oil of olay daily facials ;)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2002 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Shan_n

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i believe this is the same as cetaphil normal/oily cleanser just different packaging. i would like to say that this is a very good cleanser and seems to remove makeup better then cetaphil gentle skin cleanser. i like that it has a pump, which is very conveinent. the only real negative about this is the scent, as it contains some sort of masking fragrance. still i find this to be a descent cleanser for anybody with normal to oily skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2002 8:16:00 AM More reviews by Melsh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

At first I liked this cleanser...I even kept it around as a stand by for when I run out of the good stuff. I swear this stuff makes me break out...I even cleansed once then repeat! UGH! I thought it was something else I used and everytime I asked someone they'd say "It can't be the Cetephil" I have been using Paula's choice faithfully for 3 months and I started to run out of the cleanser. Instead of buying "just" the cleanser online I wanted to wait till I needed toner too..anyway to make a long story short I used the Cetaphil Normal to Oily cleanser and broke out really bad. I know it doesn't sound like a big deal to some, but since I have suffered since puberty with mild acne and finally had a beautiful face with Paula's choice I am bummed! It may work for some, but I won't be buying this again!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2002 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Kemintiri

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This has nothing over Pond's cleanser and toner in one. Hate the strong old lady smell.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2002 11:07:00 PM More reviews by DianeL

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I do not like this non foaming, cleanser. It does not remove makeup well, leves a film on my face, hate the cosistency, hate the smell, the only thing I like about this is the price and even that can't make me like this cleanser.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2002 11:05:00 PM More reviews by DianeL

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hate it, leaves a film, does not remove makeup and the only advantage of this product that I can see is it's price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2002 2:24:00 PM More reviews by jezseeca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

this was good, however i really miss the "foaming action" of my usual cleansers....

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2002 3:38:00 AM More reviews by Athena

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is okay. I use it a few times a week because I'm sure if I used it twice a day, my face would get very dry. I have oily skin, but this still makes my face feel a bit tight. Also, I really, really do not like the fragrance. A yucky floral, medicinal smell that almost made me return it the first time I used it. If regular Cetaphil did not exist, however, I'd probably use this because it's still more gentle than most drugstore cleansers. As of now, regular Cetaphil is my fave. At least this has a convenient pump.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2002 3:33:00 PM More reviews by CheckyDoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm still not sure how I feel about this cleanser yet. I generally like very foamy cleansers & while this does foam up better then regular Cetaphil, it quickly goes away once it hits your face. Although, it did pass my after washing toner test, there was nothing on the cottonball telling me that it did a great job removing makeup & dirt. And my face feels much smoother & softer, I guess I'll have to get used to that not a lot of lather feel. :P