December 22, 2014 | 1257 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2002 11:07:00 PM More reviews by DianeL

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I do not like this non foaming, cleanser. It does not remove makeup well, leves a film on my face, hate the cosistency, hate the smell, the only thing I like about this is the price and even that can't make me like this cleanser.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2002 11:05:00 PM More reviews by DianeL

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hate it, leaves a film, does not remove makeup and the only advantage of this product that I can see is it's price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2002 2:24:00 PM More reviews by jezseeca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

this was good, however i really miss the "foaming action" of my usual cleansers....

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2002 3:38:00 AM More reviews by Athena

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is okay. I use it a few times a week because I'm sure if I used it twice a day, my face would get very dry. I have oily skin, but this still makes my face feel a bit tight. Also, I really, really do not like the fragrance. A yucky floral, medicinal smell that almost made me return it the first time I used it. If regular Cetaphil did not exist, however, I'd probably use this because it's still more gentle than most drugstore cleansers. As of now, regular Cetaphil is my fave. At least this has a convenient pump.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2002 3:33:00 PM More reviews by CheckyDoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm still not sure how I feel about this cleanser yet. I generally like very foamy cleansers & while this does foam up better then regular Cetaphil, it quickly goes away once it hits your face. Although, it did pass my after washing toner test, there was nothing on the cottonball telling me that it did a great job removing makeup & dirt. And my face feels much smoother & softer, I guess I'll have to get used to that not a lot of lather feel. :P

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2001 2:07:00 PM More reviews by Crusty

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

What is there not to love? Great price, availability at your local drugstore...and the best part: it does what it says that it will do! This cleanser thoroughly cleans your face, removes your makeup, and does not strip your skin. Also, there's no fancy hype or otherwise irritating ingredients in here to fuss about or justify raising the price exorbitantly. This is simply a phenom product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2001 12:25:00 PM More reviews by Marbela

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This cleanser is cheap and great. It leaves my skin feeling clean and fresh, no parched or dry feeling. It cleans off makeup as well as oil and dirt.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2001 3:22:00 PM More reviews by CarolynF

A great gentle cleanser for oily skin. I rotate this one in my routine often when my skin is in need of clearing up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2001 10:57:00 PM More reviews by fort

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used to look for cleansers with all kinds of fancy ingredients in them, but after using Cetaphil Normal to Oily Cleanser I am starting to believe many MUAers' claims that less is more when it comes to a cleanser. All I know is that I've got cleansers from four other (high end) brands sitting in my shower, and almost every time I go to wash my face I reach for the Cetaphil instead. It cleans thoroughly and gently without stripping or irritating my skin, it's easy to dispense because of the pump it comes with, and it only costs like $5!! I've noticed that because the Cetaphil is so gentle, my skin actually feels less oily during the day because it doesn't have to compensate for the stripping it was getting from my old cleansers. Those Origins and Awake tubes might just sit in my shower forever!!! The only minor thing I have to complain about is that I don't really like the smell of the Cetaphil-- too plasticky. But I'm getting used to it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2001 1:37:00 AM More reviews by Helen

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a wonderful mild cleanser that is gentle enough not to strip my combination skin, and yet removes makeup including mascara. The price is great too! Paula's choice normal to oily cleanser is very similar, but I don't see why it would be prudent to pay shipping costs, when Cetaphil is available at your local store. You may have to look a bit for this one, as not all stores carry the "normal to oily" version, but it's well worth it!