Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.5

Water, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Acrylates/Steareth-20 Methacrylate Copolymer(thickening agent), Glycerin, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Butylene Glycol(preservative, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Phenoxyethanol, Masking Fragrance, Panthenol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben.

on 8/4/2002 5:00:00 PM

I had high hopes for this product, since it's a Cetaphil skincare product. It was disappointing. The smell was horribly strong, like the smell of laundry detergent. It left my skin uncomfortable and unbalanced. After a week of daily use, I had patches of redness and irritation. Ick! Sage's Facial Shampoo Regular is much better and non-irritating.

on 8/4/2002 4:49:00 PM

I had high hopes for this product, since it's a Cetaphil skincare product. It was disappointing. The smell was strong and it left my skin uncomfortable and unbalanced. Not so good. I agree with the reviewer a bit below me, in that I would also strongly rec. Sage's Facial Shampoo over this.

on 6/19/2002 12:18:00 PM

This is a great cleanser. It's nice & gentle, takes off my makeup and leaves my skin so soft. I find I've been reaching for this much more than my others cleansers lately.

Update... after using nearly the entire bottle of this I noticed it did nothing to help keep my pores clean and in the end they looked more clogged than ever. It's a good basic facial cleanser for removing dirt and makeup but not for keeping pores clear or looking clear. Will still use this when my skin needs soemthing gentle or for morning use. Also makes a great brush cleaner.

on 6/1/2002 11:54:00 AM

If you have oily, acne-prone skin, Cetaphil's Oily Skin cleanser won't quite do the trick. It doesn't foam, it smells odd, and it doesn't leave my skin feeling as clean as I'd like. Skip this and get Sage Facial Shampoo instead. It's pricier, but works much better.

on 5/19/2002 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I am liking this cleanser. It's more of a summertime cleanser, as it tends to be a bit drying. I find that this one cleans much better than the original cetaphil cleanser and removes all of my makeup (without having to use a washcloth).

on 5/17/2002 10:10:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

hmm...i wanted to like this, but it just doesn't work as well for me as my beloved oil of olay daily facials. i liked the pump dispenser, but there was nothing extraordinary about this product, and it made my combo skin feel a bit dry & tight after a week of using it. i guess this is what i get for cheating on my oil of olay daily facials ;)

on 5/2/2002 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i believe this is the same as cetaphil normal/oily cleanser just different packaging. i would like to say that this is a very good cleanser and seems to remove makeup better then cetaphil gentle skin cleanser. i like that it has a pump, which is very conveinent. the only real negative about this is the scent, as it contains some sort of masking fragrance. still i find this to be a descent cleanser for anybody with normal to oily skin.

on 2/27/2002 8:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

At first I liked this cleanser...I even kept it around as a stand by for when I run out of the good stuff. I swear this stuff makes me break out...I even cleansed once then repeat! UGH! I thought it was something else I used and everytime I asked someone they'd say "It can't be the Cetephil" I have been using Paula's choice faithfully for 3 months and I started to run out of the cleanser. Instead of buying "just" the cleanser online I wanted to wait till I needed toner too..anyway to make a long story short I used the Cetaphil Normal to Oily cleanser and broke out really bad. I know it doesn't sound like a big deal to some, but since I have suffered since puberty with mild acne and finally had a beautiful face with Paula's choice I am bummed! It may work for some, but I won't be buying this again!

on 2/22/2002 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This has nothing over Pond's cleanser and toner in one. Hate the strong old lady smell.

on 2/9/2002 11:07:00 PM

I do not like this non foaming, cleanser. It does not remove makeup well, leves a film on my face, hate the cosistency, hate the smell, the only thing I like about this is the price and even that can't make me like this cleanser.

Video Reviews & Tutorials