October 30, 2014 | 1130 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2001 2:07:00 PM More reviews by Crusty

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

What is there not to love? Great price, availability at your local drugstore...and the best part: it does what it says that it will do! This cleanser thoroughly cleans your face, removes your makeup, and does not strip your skin. Also, there's no fancy hype or otherwise irritating ingredients in here to fuss about or justify raising the price exorbitantly. This is simply a phenom product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2001 12:25:00 PM More reviews by Marbela

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This cleanser is cheap and great. It leaves my skin feeling clean and fresh, no parched or dry feeling. It cleans off makeup as well as oil and dirt.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2001 3:22:00 PM More reviews by CarolynF

A great gentle cleanser for oily skin. I rotate this one in my routine often when my skin is in need of clearing up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2001 10:57:00 PM More reviews by fort

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used to look for cleansers with all kinds of fancy ingredients in them, but after using Cetaphil Normal to Oily Cleanser I am starting to believe many MUAers' claims that less is more when it comes to a cleanser. All I know is that I've got cleansers from four other (high end) brands sitting in my shower, and almost every time I go to wash my face I reach for the Cetaphil instead. It cleans thoroughly and gently without stripping or irritating my skin, it's easy to dispense because of the pump it comes with, and it only costs like $5!! I've noticed that because the Cetaphil is so gentle, my skin actually feels less oily during the day because it doesn't have to compensate for the stripping it was getting from my old cleansers. Those Origins and Awake tubes might just sit in my shower forever!!! The only minor thing I have to complain about is that I don't really like the smell of the Cetaphil-- too plasticky. But I'm getting used to it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2001 1:37:00 AM More reviews by Helen

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a wonderful mild cleanser that is gentle enough not to strip my combination skin, and yet removes makeup including mascara. The price is great too! Paula's choice normal to oily cleanser is very similar, but I don't see why it would be prudent to pay shipping costs, when Cetaphil is available at your local store. You may have to look a bit for this one, as not all stores carry the "normal to oily" version, but it's well worth it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2001 8:24:00 PM More reviews by sher

Cetaphil's Cleanser for Oily Skin is my skincare holy grail! I have sensitive, combination skin which is prone to breakouts. This cleanser does not dry me out and is very gentle and soothing. It takes off all my makeup (I *gently* rub my eyelashes). I love this cleanser!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2001 11:16:00 AM More reviews by JaclynC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't like this cleanser at all! I have combo skin and wanted to get something a little stronger than regular Cetaphil for the summer. It dried out my face and made it all red and itchy. The smell really bothered me too, it was very strong.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2001 9:16:00 AM More reviews by rainqueen

For those with schizo skin, this stuff is the best! My skin is oily and prone to breakouts but also dry on the cheeks, and this evens me right out. It's a not-too-foamy gel, nice smell but no irritating fragrances. Big tube for 9.99 (Can $), lasts me about 2 months.