Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.5

Water, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Acrylates/Steareth-20 Methacrylate Copolymer(thickening agent), Glycerin, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Butylene Glycol(preservative, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Phenoxyethanol, Masking Fragrance, Panthenol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben.

on 10/13/2002 3:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After hearing some good things about this, I decided to try it. What a waste of money! I really wanted to like it and tried it for a few months. It smells really really gross, kind of medicinal and sweet at the same time. I never felt it cleaned my face well enough and sometimes it left a layer of residue. The worst part was that it made me break out! I usually have only a few zits, so this really bothered me. I eliminated different things and it turned out to be this horrible stuff! I am still trying to clear up the damage this junk did. Do not buy it! I wish I could give it a negative score! I like my oil of olay foaming face wash for sensitive skin sooo much better!

on 8/12/2002 11:12:00 PM

Almost the perfect cleanser. Takes all of my makeup off and leaves my skin feeling great. If it just didn't have that old-lady smell! If it were either fragrance-free or had a different scent, this would be my one and only cleanser.

on 8/10/2002 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This leaves my skin clean and not tight when i towel off my face. It's gentle and have had no problems with my complexion. i also like that a like that a little goes a long way, and i only need to buy it every 3 to 6 months or so.,

on 8/4/2002 5:00:00 PM

I had high hopes for this product, since it's a Cetaphil skincare product. It was disappointing. The smell was horribly strong, like the smell of laundry detergent. It left my skin uncomfortable and unbalanced. After a week of daily use, I had patches of redness and irritation. Ick! Sage's Facial Shampoo Regular is much better and non-irritating.

on 8/4/2002 4:49:00 PM

I had high hopes for this product, since it's a Cetaphil skincare product. It was disappointing. The smell was strong and it left my skin uncomfortable and unbalanced. Not so good. I agree with the reviewer a bit below me, in that I would also strongly rec. Sage's Facial Shampoo over this.

on 6/19/2002 12:18:00 PM

This is a great cleanser. It's nice & gentle, takes off my makeup and leaves my skin so soft. I find I've been reaching for this much more than my others cleansers lately.

Update... after using nearly the entire bottle of this I noticed it did nothing to help keep my pores clean and in the end they looked more clogged than ever. It's a good basic facial cleanser for removing dirt and makeup but not for keeping pores clear or looking clear. Will still use this when my skin needs soemthing gentle or for morning use. Also makes a great brush cleaner.

on 6/1/2002 11:54:00 AM

If you have oily, acne-prone skin, Cetaphil's Oily Skin cleanser won't quite do the trick. It doesn't foam, it smells odd, and it doesn't leave my skin feeling as clean as I'd like. Skip this and get Sage Facial Shampoo instead. It's pricier, but works much better.

on 5/19/2002 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I am liking this cleanser. It's more of a summertime cleanser, as it tends to be a bit drying. I find that this one cleans much better than the original cetaphil cleanser and removes all of my makeup (without having to use a washcloth).

on 5/17/2002 10:10:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

hmm...i wanted to like this, but it just doesn't work as well for me as my beloved oil of olay daily facials. i liked the pump dispenser, but there was nothing extraordinary about this product, and it made my combo skin feel a bit dry & tight after a week of using it. i guess this is what i get for cheating on my oil of olay daily facials ;)

on 5/2/2002 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i believe this is the same as cetaphil normal/oily cleanser just different packaging. i would like to say that this is a very good cleanser and seems to remove makeup better then cetaphil gentle skin cleanser. i like that it has a pump, which is very conveinent. the only real negative about this is the scent, as it contains some sort of masking fragrance. still i find this to be a descent cleanser for anybody with normal to oily skin.