November 23, 2014 | 1011 users online

BB Cream - Maybelline - Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2012 1:37:00 PM More reviews by dcabc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Out of all the BBs I've tried, this works the best for me, hands down. Here's what it does well:
-Makes my skin smooth and dewy and non oily
-Diffuses pores, so I've been able to skip primer
-Nice consistency - not thin like a TM, but not overly thick like some of the Asian BBs I've tried
-No breakouts or skin aggravants. In fact, my bare skin has looked better since I've been using this
-It doesn't melt off of my face in the heat or go patchy on my chin (most liquid and powder foundations do this on me)
-Application is uncomplicated - I can smooth/rub it onto my face like a moisturizer and it applies evenly. (I especially love this - brushes/blenders/sponges are great, but it's also nice to not have to bother)
-Good color match - I'm NC/NW15 and light is perfect. It does not oxidize on my skin.
-Cheap!
It really does look like my skin but better.
My only minor gripes are that it's been hard to find in stores (I ordered mine from target.com) and the tube is small, so I'll be going through this fairly quickly. Overall this stuff is great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2012 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Sue_raisin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Having gotten used to the superior quality of Bobbie Brown TM and BE mineral foundations, I wasn't expecting much from this when I bought it to wear on holiday.
It's a great value product that I even find myself using day-to-day.
It's got great texture, with very light coverage (I apply one layer, let it set for 1 minute and apply another layer for slightly thicker coverage), feels nice on (doesn't feel pore-clogging) and gives a lovely blemish-blurring effect. Another thing - it makes a GREAT primer for your mineral foundation as well. The colour medium is very forgiving on my NC35-40 skin. Keeps the oilies at bay and overall a very good product and well priced for the quality.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2012 8:42:00 AM More reviews by rosarita

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted an "all in one" type of product for summer and this is my favorite one that I've tried. The Asian BB creams seem to have better coverage but I haven't found one that's dark enough. I am using the Maybelline in medium. For my very dry skin, I still need another moisturizer underneath. Love that the sunscreen is included, doesn't feel heavy and that this is light enough to wear all over my face. I wear a mineral pressed powder over this for a little extra coverage. I agree that this is perfect for summer but may not provide enough moisture for my skin in winter. I think the Maybelline is a good value too, esp when you consider the cost of separate sunscreen.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2012 7:36:00 AM More reviews by reilly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

All
Just to start I have tried everything on the market practically. Ad people must love me because I always jump on the latest and greatest.

That being said my skin is very reactive and nothing ever seems to work, espcially foundations. I am light with yellow undertones so nothing matches. Additionally either it is too drying, oily, etc.
A lot of the BB creams are that mousse consistancy which always look dry on me. This one is so great! Smooth, my skin looks great.

As for color I was torn between light-med and medium. I got some color so I hesitantly went with Med (which normally I would be nowhere near). It looks great. Blends right in.
2 big thumbs up.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by BeautyEssentials

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

To be honest, I wasn't all that excited when the American cosmetics brands started coming out with BB creams. Most of them are just tinted moisturizers with a little more coverage. But with the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB, I really feel like I'm getting the benefits of an Asian BB cream. It provides a very light coverage, but still hides minor imperfections. It leaves my skin feeling like I'm not wearing any makeup but still leaves my face looking flawless. If I were to compare it to a foundation, I would probably compare it to Chanel's Vita Lumiere Aqua, but at a fifth of the price. Definitely recommend this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2012 1:56:00 AM More reviews by Jessie93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have the lightest color, and it's a little too orange for me, but once you blend it out it's not as bad and covers nicely. Wouldn't repurchase though.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 10:45:00 PM More reviews by Sweetandpeachy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I loved this product. At first I wasn't sure what all the hype about it was until I bought it. It's a very lightweight, "bb cream". It leaves your face feeling smooth and not oily like other face creams I have experimented with. It gives you a soft dewy quality whilst not being completely over done. It helps improve the look of your face while not being visibly noticeable. Although I can really see the difference. I haven't had it for long but it is definitely a must have in my book. It is fairly inexpensive as well which is a plus. It is actually replacing my foundation since I was going for a more natural look. Also it does great as a moisturizer since I have a very dry face. Overall FANTASTIC!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 11:29:00 AM More reviews by maureenheather

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

UPDATE 5/10/13: I stopped using this several months ago because I didn't like it for winter; it looked a little too dewy and I needed to use powder to control the shine, which was drying me out while also clogging my pores and causing breakouts. I tried a few liquid foundations before settling on Rimmel's BB cream, which I also like and seems to have helped with my breakouts (see my review).

ORIGINAL: This stuff is an unexpected surprise. I know it's not really BB cream, but they could call it sh%t in a tube and I'd still love it. It's sheer, got great slip, leaves my skin bright but not overly dewy, and blurs my imperfections as opposed to completely spackling over them. This is fine with me. Nothing creeps me out more than those MAC salespeople who look wax figures. Anyway, I'm using it as my foundation with no primer or other silicone garbage underneath, applied with my fingers, with just a light dusting of powder on my T-zone to finish it off. Perfect summer makeup. Last year I bought MAC's face & body makeup hoping to achieve the same effect, and it looked like I stirred glitter into some Crisco then slathered the concoction all over my face. Don't let the "BB" gimmick dissuade you from trying this Maybelline product if you like a light, sheer, blendable makeup that doesn't make you look like you have a ton of makeup on.

54 out of 61 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2012 1:48:00 AM More reviews by linerfreakxx7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first BB Cream. I'll admit buying my first BB Cream at a drugstore wasn't a great idea, but this works out decently. I should have been a Light/Medium, but they were out of that color, so I had to buy the Medium, which actually adapted to my skin color. It does not make me look orange or cakey and keeps my skin looking healthy. I had to take a point off for packaging because the product leaks out as soon as I open the bottle. Also, the cream takes forever to blend as it is very thick and creamy.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2012 9:36:00 PM More reviews by Eop234

I. LOVE. THIS.

I was having second thoughts...but then I decided to get it. No regrets so far.

I will update though!!!