December 22, 2014 | 739 users online

BB Cream - Maybelline - Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2012 4:02:00 PM More reviews by bananachan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I was looking for something very fresh and lightweight that I could apply while on the run, and I seem to have found it. I love this product. However, it is not so much a BB cream as it is a tinted moisturizer with some SPF. I'm not looking for a whole lot of color, which is what other reviewers seem to be looking for. When it comes out of the squeeze tube, it is quite orange even in the lightest shade, yet blends beautifully without oxidizing later in the day. It leaves a lovely dewy finish on my skin yet keeps the oil off my nose and chin for quite a while. For the inexpensive price, I am extremely pleased with this purchase and it will now go into my regular routine.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2012 10:45:00 AM More reviews by 75heather

I bought this product 2 weeks ago just to try out a bb cream and not spend alot of money just in case I didn't like it..because I have not used a foundation of any kind in years just mineral makeup. Well it turns out that I like it.Yes it is very sheer but it left my skin dewy soft and a nice glow but I still put my SPF on before and my mineral makeup after. But still made my skin look more even and I used less mineral powder.My sister went out and purchased it after seeing my skin with it on.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/22/2012 3:02:00 AM More reviews by earvizo92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Like others have said there is no difference from having this applicated vs. my bear skin. Also I'm very dissapointed that the reviews mention having only 1% of the ingredient that claims to be SPF so how does that even equivalent to being SPF 30.

PROS
.lightweight
.leaves skin very soft
.cheap

CONS
. SUPER LIGHT COVERAGE
. DOESN'T CLAIM TO HAVE AS MUCH AS SPF AS IT STATES
.IF THEY LIED ABOUT SPF WHAT ELSE DID THEY LIE ABOUT
.DOESN'T DO MUCH AT ALL

I BOUGHT THIS INSTEAD OF GETTING THE TOO FACED BB CREAM WHICH I REGRET HIGHLY. CAN'T BELIEVE I JUST THROW AWAY 5 DOLLRS IN THE DUMP. IT'S NOT ALOT OF MONEY BUT ONE DOLLAR PLUS 4 IS TO MUCH OF A WASTE.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2012 9:27:00 PM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product has a lot of pros, which I'll describe below, but the main problem is it doesn't actually DO much of anything. It doesn't provide any coverage at all. I put it on half of my face, and I couldn't tell that half of the face looked any better than the side with nothing on it...
Also ladies, don't listen to this "SPF 30" claim. It has 1% of titanium dioxide. That's right, ONE percent! That will not measure up to SPF 30 - I'm not sure how they are calculating that. It will provide almost no UVA protection, so it is not broad spectrum.
On to the actual "pros" of the prodcut:
- The lightest shade blends perfectly into my yellow NC 15 to 20 skin tone. It looks orange coming out of the tube, but it doesn't look pink or orange on the skin.
- It does not oxidize/turn orange after it's on - it stays the same color.
- It doesn't get oily or puddly up in pores.
-It doesn't streak - I went to a Zumba class, and even after that, I didn't have white streaks of foundation when I rubbed my face.
-It's very light weight and feels good on the skin.

I will not be repurchasing - I'd like at least a tad of coverage, or why would I bother to put it on? I will repurchase Laura Mercier's TM next time...

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/21/2012 8:28:00 PM More reviews by kstone1964

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

as my friend said, this is not a Japanese product that will fade dark spots, etc. I think Maybelline repackaged its tinted moisturizer and got on the BB marketing train.
It's an ounce so I'll use it up pretty fast. The silver lining is spf 30. Other than that I feel like I got duped by the BB craze.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2012 11:59:00 AM More reviews by rikiya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've never tried a western BB cream before so when I saw this being promoted in Walmart I bought it right away. I picked up the lightest shade on sale.

I wouldn't call this a tinted moisturizer, since after I blended everything any colour/coverage it offered was completely sheered out. I also wouldn't call this a good sunscreen replacement as it doesn't say it offers broad spectrum protection or anything. Plus, titanium dioxide is possibly carcinogenic in humans.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2012 10:32:00 PM More reviews by BluePlanet36

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

A great lightweight summer foundation that doesn't feel like foundation, which is must during the hottest summer of my life. It's been so hot I have really scaled back on my makeup this summer bit this gives me the right amount of coverage to even out my ruddiness and give a dewey glow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2012 1:37:00 PM More reviews by dcabc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Out of all the BBs I've tried, this works the best for me, hands down. Here's what it does well:
-Makes my skin smooth and dewy and non oily
-Diffuses pores, so I've been able to skip primer
-Nice consistency - not thin like a TM, but not overly thick like some of the Asian BBs I've tried
-No breakouts or skin aggravants. In fact, my bare skin has looked better since I've been using this
-It doesn't melt off of my face in the heat or go patchy on my chin (most liquid and powder foundations do this on me)
-Application is uncomplicated - I can smooth/rub it onto my face like a moisturizer and it applies evenly. (I especially love this - brushes/blenders/sponges are great, but it's also nice to not have to bother)
-Good color match - I'm NC/NW15 and light is perfect. It does not oxidize on my skin.
-Cheap!
It really does look like my skin but better.
My only minor gripes are that it's been hard to find in stores (I ordered mine from target.com) and the tube is small, so I'll be going through this fairly quickly. Overall this stuff is great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2012 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Sue_raisin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Having gotten used to the superior quality of Bobbie Brown TM and BE mineral foundations, I wasn't expecting much from this when I bought it to wear on holiday.
It's a great value product that I even find myself using day-to-day.
It's got great texture, with very light coverage (I apply one layer, let it set for 1 minute and apply another layer for slightly thicker coverage), feels nice on (doesn't feel pore-clogging) and gives a lovely blemish-blurring effect. Another thing - it makes a GREAT primer for your mineral foundation as well. The colour medium is very forgiving on my NC35-40 skin. Keeps the oilies at bay and overall a very good product and well priced for the quality.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2012 8:42:00 AM More reviews by rosarita

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted an "all in one" type of product for summer and this is my favorite one that I've tried. The Asian BB creams seem to have better coverage but I haven't found one that's dark enough. I am using the Maybelline in medium. For my very dry skin, I still need another moisturizer underneath. Love that the sunscreen is included, doesn't feel heavy and that this is light enough to wear all over my face. I wear a mineral pressed powder over this for a little extra coverage. I agree that this is perfect for summer but may not provide enough moisture for my skin in winter. I think the Maybelline is a good value too, esp when you consider the cost of separate sunscreen.