Desert Essence Jojoba Oil - 100 pure

4.3

Not tested on animals

Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil.

on 9/19/2005 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I agree with the previous reviewer - less is more. I put this in a small spray bottle, then spray it into the palm of my hand and massage into skin. Because its pure oil without fillers or thinners it will come out in a stream versus spray. This is a good thing - more control over application. Plus I also put it in my hair on humid days to control my waves. You can also add drops of chamomile, lavender or bergamot - all of which are great for your skin.

on 9/16/2005 4:02:00 PM

I wrote an earlier review for this, but I wanted to add that you can't just apply a lot of this straight from the bottle and expect it to help your skin, particularly if you are at all prone to oiliness (I have nutty combination skin). My method is to put about 1-3 small drops onto my damp face (usually after I remove most of my makeup with another cleanser) and massage it in for about a minute. Then I rinse well with warm water and maybe a bit of gentle cleanser and pat dry. This way, I deep clean my skin, remove excess makeup that my cleanser didn't get the first time (I don't use toner) and get some light moisture to boot. If you apply a palmful of this straight from the bottle to your dry face, all you'll get is a heavy-feeling, greasy residue that just sits there. Some people just use 1-2 drops as a night treatment/moisturizer on their dry faces, but I think that unless you are very dry-skinned, you should think of this as a treatment rather than as a moisturizer that you leave on your face. Of course, YMMV and you will have to experiment a bit to see which method works best for you. But please remember: less is more! continued >>

on 9/16/2005 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I read that jojoba oil is a light, non-greasy oil that absorbs rapidly and helps control sebum production, so I purchased a bottle of Desert Essence Organic Jojoba Oil with high hopes. Which were quickly deflated when I actually used the stuff. It felt...like oil. It didn't absorb well at all and left a greasy, sticky residue on my face that sent me running for the witch hazel when I could no longer stand feeling like I'd coated my face in slime. This may work well for dry skin, but is a no-no for oily skin like mine.

on 8/24/2005 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Great HG staple oil!! I use this for hair, to remove waterproof eye make-up, after bath treatment, cuticle oil...the whole nine yards. It's very lite, doesn't clog my acne prone skin and it's very moisturizing.

on 8/22/2005 6:55:00 AM

don't know if i'd buy this again but when i put it on my face it just felt tooo greasy so i didn't like that at all. i think i'm going to try to put in hair and stuff and use as a hair oil though.

on 8/14/2005 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

After reading so many great reviews, I purchased this (not the DE brand, but the 100% brand I could find at my health store - as I am in Canada) and I think it breaks me out into little whiteheads. I know some of the reviews said that that is the initial reaction and afterwards, the whiteheads will go away - but I really don't want to take the risk. Although, I do notice that the whiteheads do not eventually become pimples (as most of my whieheads usually do) but they just look like they are bumps under the skin. it has been almost two weeks since i first tried it and now all the bumps are almost gone and I would not like to have them come back again. i think maybe i will give this a try in the winter when my skin gets really dry - but until then, i don't think i will put it on my face unless i have one extremely dry patch or something.

on 8/12/2005 9:08:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I don't use the Desert Essence brand, I use another which is also 100% pure jojoba oil. I use jojoba to clean make up off at the end of the day, and this gets EVERYTHING off; the liquid foundation, powder, mascara, concealer and whatever else. When I finish off with toner, I'm used to seeing makeup on the cotton pad but not when I'm using jojoba oil. I've also just started to use it as a night-time moisturiser along with my BHA cream and I always wake up with really soft skin, there's no greasy residue at all.

on 8/11/2005 1:25:00 PM

Great as body lotion. Long lasting hydration when apply with some water on skin, but too oily for face. Natural ingredients.

on 7/19/2005 7:38:00 AM

My review's pretty much just a reiteration of all the glowing reviews here. I don't use this as a moisturizer, I use this supplement my moisturizer, especially during the winter months. I was very hesitant to put any sort of oil on my face, but it has never caused me to break out in the least, and it really helps to clear up any sort of dryness etc.

on 7/17/2005 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

i've been wasting my money on moisturizers with chemicals and fillers. this 100% natural oil is all i need to keep my skin moisturized, supple, smooth and free from bad breakouts (i still get the occasional pimple but no more cysts!). its definitely HG material. and so multi-functional...add a drop to your cleanser for added moisture, rub a drop or two in your scalp for volume at your roots, rub into your cuticles and other dry areas on your body...the list goes on. its cheap considering how little you use and how many different things you can use it for. i've had a 2 oz bottle that i've had for about 4 months and its juuuust starting to hit the half used mark. thanks mua for an unexpected GREAT find!

Popular Moisturizers