October 24, 2014 | 1681 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2005 12:23:00 PM More reviews by luckigurl115

I AM IN LOVE WITH JOJOBA OIL! Ok, let me start out by saying that I Do NOT use the Desert Essence brand, I use the clear- colored brand, Heather Lorraine. I used this instead of DE simply because my health food store didnt carry DE in the clear colored oil, which is best for my light skin type.
First off, this stuff is AMAZING! I found out about jojoba oil from MA and saw all the raves that these women had about this product, so i just had to try it. It really did come through with everyting that people said it would.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2005 9:26:00 AM More reviews by jessicaericsson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This really didn't work for me, I think it broke me out even though it's supposed to not do that. After a few days use my face was covered with little white-heads. =(

rated 1 of 5 on 5/27/2005 1:39:00 AM More reviews by JWes

I bought this stuff because I had heard that it was one of the better facial oils, very moisturizing and non-greasy. Ha! Maybe for some people but not for me. It just made my t-zone oilier, and would not absorb into my skin. I would let it sit there for 20 min. and then have to wipe most of it back off.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2005 9:50:00 AM More reviews by pixielu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm not actually using this brand, but I am using 100% jojoba oil. It's an excellent eye make up remover, and amazing body oil. My skin stays soft with this stuff all day long. However I prefer Weleda Calendula oil, so will probably stick to that. UPDATE: This totally broke me out when I used it on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2005 10:26:00 PM More reviews by annielula

Before this, i was using some Chanel nonsense. Now I'm mixing jojoba with my ProActiv face wash, plus mixing about 3 drops in with my Alpha Hydrox nightly moisturizer. My. Skin. Looks. Awesome. It feels awesome. I'm getting compliments at work. It's cheap. It helps makeup go on smoother. It plumpens out the skin. I mix it with shea butter and rub it through my hair.
Natural is the way to go. I laugh at Chanel.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2005 10:25:00 AM More reviews by jesst7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this on my face at night and my skin has never looked so healthy. I could definitely see an improvement within a week of using it. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2005 7:42:00 PM More reviews by fatcow44

in my quest to only put natural products on my body and face, i found this for any flakies on my face. so far i have been using this to pat under my eyes and other dry spots before my moisturizer...it fills in fine lines, yes i have them, and so far doesn't plug up the pores. love it! bottle sucks though as it dribbles out the side of the lid when you pour it. i transferred mine to another bottle with a drip friendly lid.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2005 6:38:00 PM More reviews by fashionista18

I just love this product. The only mosturizer that works for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2005 11:31:00 PM More reviews by ThirdTimesACharm

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Desert Essence 100% jojoba oil is an absolute staple!! This product is so versatile; I use it for my face, body, and hair!!

For face, I use it as an eye makeup remover sometimes, moisturizer for my eye area and any dry patches on my face. This stuff is so incredibly moisturizing, and DOESN'T BREAK ME OUT!!! And I am seriously the most acne-prone person out there!! It is wonderful for the eye area; I love to lightly rub it all over right before bed. When I wake up, the entire area is soft, smooth, and radiant. As an eye makeup remover, it is superb. Plus, I LOVE to rub it onto my lashes...I SWEAR it makes them more lush!!!!

For hair, I like to use it as a deep conditioner treatment and rub it into my scalp and then wash it out. Great for moisturizing and revitalizing the hair follicles! Sometimes I use 1-2 drops as a leave-in treatment as well.

For body, this is great just to use on dry, parched hands or all over the body right after the shower; this really helps seal in the moisture.

I get mine's at Trader Joe's for about 6-7 bucks, which is a total bargain considering all the uses of this product...plus the fact that you don't need that much! I've had mine for almost a year and I'm not even half done with the bottle yet! This is such a beauty staple; I highly encourage you to try it out!!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2005 12:47:00 AM More reviews by Angel_Ling

This being a skincare board favorite, I just had to try it. I too was skeptical about putting an oil on to moisturize my combo skin, but DHC (and their deep cleansing oil & moisturizers) have proved me wrong. And indeed, jojoba oil does not make my face any more oily -- in fact, I wake up with a less oily face than normal (although this by no means mattifies). It does leave the skin with a dewy finish and very smooth, sinking in after a minute. Tip: put about 3-5 drops of this on immediately after lightly patting your face dry after washing (or after using a toner), and pat in -- no rubbing! For the past 2 months, I've been using it as a moisturizer at night. The only reason why I'm giving it a 4 and reverting back to a moisturizer is because I realized that this doesn't really moisturize normal-to-dry skin; I have some flaking skin on my forehead and cheeks, and putting on jojoba oil does nearly nothing for it. I think this product is really great for combination or oily-skinned people, but I think drier-skinned people need something richer. Anyway, it was super cheap at $7 for a good-sized bottle that will last foreeeever. Oh, and you could use it on your arms, legs, and shoulders to have a dewy sheen, and use a light layer for taming down frizzy hair, so really, this is a hardworking multitasker.