August 23, 2014 | 1806 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2010 11:13:00 PM More reviews by cindybeach

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is light and oil free. A big plus for me and my problematic skin. Nice coverage and wears very well. I would recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2010 10:47:00 PM More reviews by JennRB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This provides beautiful, medium coverage. I've used the NARS Oil-free formula, so I got the same shade I used in that, Deauville (MAC C2/NC-15 to 20). I suspect that Gobi would be my perfect match, but Sephora doesn't carry it.
This looked amazing upon initial application, but it quickly fell apart from there. I have an oily T-zone, and it disintegrated from my forehead after about 2 hours, leaving a horrible greasy sheen. It's normal for me to get oily breakthrough with foundations, but never like this. I haven't tried this with a primer yet, but I did try setting with silica powder, and it wasn't much help. The oil-slick wasn't even the worst of it. I used Sheer Glow for about a week and broke out like I haven't in ages. There's obviously something in this that doesn't agree with my skin. Such a shame, because it looks so nice. No doubt that this would be great for many people, just not for me.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2010 7:12:00 AM More reviews by paroali

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

There is a reason this foundation has so many great reviews.
I am fairly new to liquid foundation, but over the last few months have been on the hunt for the perfect foundation.
I started off with several drug store brands...revlon colorstay, revlon photoready and maybeline 24 hour. No go.
I realized through trial and error that it pays to get a higher end foundation...especially if your looking for something that isnt hard to work with (for someone new to liquid make up, like me and looks natural.
I've used a brush to apply this, but since Im always in a hurry, I tried blending it with my fingers and honestly its just as great. Its just so easy, and your not compromising on the finish because your not using a brush.
I have combination skin and tend to break out in my T zone. I tried the Nars Sheer Matte before this, and i agree with the reviews. Its a little harder to blend and thats actually a great concern for me. Also the finish isnt quite the same. I use a oil control primer and have NO problems whatsoever with Sheer glow.
I just LOVE the finish with this foundation. It gives you that fresh, healthy skin look which is so hard to get with most makeup. It does not look cakey or heavy. Coverage is awesome. I have some acne scarring, and I cannot say enough good things about this foundation.
Holy Grail FOR SURE. try it guys, you wont regret it!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2010 5:27:00 PM More reviews by riyeu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As a caveat, i'm not a foundation wearer. On a normal basis, I go bare faced. However, on special occasions, I do want something light to even out my skin tone and give a polished look. I gave Sheer Glow a try due to the amazing reviews here. My experience with it wasn't what I was hoping for. It provides medium coverage and does feel lightweight when applied. However, in sunlight, it looks like makeup on your face rather than your skin. Since I don't need medium coverage and want a more natural look, I'm going to stick with my Almay's Nearly Naked.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2010 2:56:00 PM More reviews by mrs1shorty

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this foundation for a fortnight....I absolutely LOVE IT.!!!!!...it glides on smoothly and blends easily to leave a flawless natural finnish...the colour I use is Santa Fe and it's a perfect match for my NW 15- NW 20 complexion. it has a more yellowy tone than a peach tone as with all their shades i saw....I was at a wedding recently and my makeup looked as fresh at 12pm as it did at 12am.... 12 solid hours and it hadn't slipped or disappeared...think this could be my HG

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2010 2:32:00 PM More reviews by LizzieLiz

I really like this foundation. It feels lovely on the skin, leaves a very nice glowy appearance. I am a fan of it mostly because it does not look like you are wearing a matte face mask, as I have found with Double Wear and Revlon ColorStay, another two of my foundations. Most people have commented that my face looks soft and natural when I wear this.
I'm not 100% sure I have the right colour match, but it doesn't bother me (I am NW 20 and I wear Deauville in this foundation).
I apply it with a brush or fingers, although I feel that application with my fingers does give a better result.
The only complaint I have is that it seems to settle into my pores on my cheeks (I have sort of noticeable pores on my cheeks on either side of my nose, they are very minimally visible without makeup but seem to be much more noticeable with this foundation). A little extra primer there seems to help.
The bottle is pretty irritating and there definitely should be a pump. It is also VERY expensive (here in Canada I'm pretty sure I paid $55 plus tax). However, I would re-purchase for sure.
UPDATE: I went back to my Double Wear for a while but realized that every day I was getting one or two very small red spots or pimples. And then I realized that NARS Sheer Glow doesn't break me out in the slightest! My skin actually looks better after using this for a week straight. And I'm at that time of the month (sorry for TMI) when I normally have skin issues. Using a 187 brush also really gives a perfect application. I am in love with this foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2010 12:42:00 PM More reviews by cracksomeSKULLS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Rec'd this via RAOK from another MUAer, but I would purchase this again had I bought it in the first place! (Which I do plan on, actually, I have a Sephora GC and also, it's VIB time!)

I have this in Deauville, and I'm a NW20 for reference. I like this because it wears with a satin finish, and it's just a great formulation. I don't know if I buy into the whole improving your skin thing but it feels rich, and for the most part, I'm not a HE makeup person, but this wows me. Too bad it's $42! I have heard that Neutrogena Healthy Skin foundation is a DS dupe though, and I did recently pick that up, however it is not oil free, ladies. I hope it's a good pick though.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2010 11:18:00 AM More reviews by laquiche

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Excellent foundation. The coverage is buildable and it covers everything! I thought it would be too transparent but it's perfect. The finish is luminous even if you powder and skin doesn't look cakey at all even if all blemishes are covered.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2010 10:21:00 AM More reviews by Arachne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It took me a while to get the color right. Initially I was matched up to Sante Fe and it was not only to dark, but off in a way only I could see in the mirror; a little too peach. I exchanged it for Punjab the color was better, but still not a perfect match. For reference I'm NC30. The coverage is very natural, but it is still able to to hide imperfections. This is meant to be applied with your fingers - the heat from your skin helps this to blend like a dream. You will not get the same beautiful results from using a brush, no matter how good the brush is, IMO. Wears well throught the day when I set with a tiny bit of LM translucent.

UPDATE: 8/16/10. I fear this caused me to break out. Also, whereas it was good in the cooler weather, it slid right off my face once the weather warmed up.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2010 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Annex

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Here's what this excellent product is NOT:
- Smelly spackle-like goop (Estee Lauder, Clarins)
- Thick yellowish glop (Bobbi Brown)
- Silicone-y mess (Armani, Chantecaille)
- Thin and dry (Sisley Oil-Free)
- OK but no color match (Chanel)

The NARS Sheer Glow is sheer and light, easy to blend, looks just like my skin but more even-toned. No wierd sparkles or greasy silicone look. Punjab is my perfect shade. The coverage is surprising considering how weighless it feels. No irritation, no makeup transferring onto clothes. Had not used foundation consistently in decades, because the above spendy list were so disappointing. Try a sample, or several shade samples, of this before you buy. I'm pretty exigent and find it remarkably good.
N.B. Am just editing this review to note that, having tried Neutrogena Healthy Skin, I find that it is a very good budget alternative to Nars SG. While the shade selection in the Nars is more extensive, the texture and finish of the Neutrogena is very similar.

33 out of 34 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No