October 30, 2014 | 1565 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2010 12:57:00 AM More reviews by lollyberry

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I got this foundation because of all the rave reviews, though I did read many others that didn't find this foundation so great. I actually am not sure where to start on this foundation. It's very thin and watery compared to the other foundations I have tried. I tip the bottle onto the back of my hand but have to be very careful so it won't run everywhere. Compared to the studio fix that I have, it's very nice as studio fix is thick and seems kind of goopy.

I use MAC 109 to apply this foundation and dot it on my face. The first time I tried to stipple but found it was useless so I just swirled it and buffed and found it blended wonderfully. It's not sheer and it doesn't really glow but it gives a decent amount of coverage depending on how much you use. I don't need a lot so mine was a little less that medium. It's kind of matte but has a little bit of glow. Best part is that it didn't rub off onto my boyfriend's clothes AND it did not leave me with little bumps on my face by the end of the day which studio fix does even though I am very thorough with removing foundation. In pictures it did not give me a white cast glow and whatnot. Actually I found that this foundation to be a perfect match for my skin. I am in MAC NC35 and studio fix is actually a bit too yellow and seems to be a tad light. But Sheer Glow was perfect (got it in Stromboli), it looked a bit yellow in the bottle but when i put it on, just perfect.

It leaves the skin looking soft (not to mention to the touch!) and flawless. But the thing is, it looks TOO flawless. My boyfriend noticed immediately that I was wearing foundation and said it was too perfect. And to be honest he was right. It did make me look very made up even though my make up routine hadn't changed except for the foundation.

Any who, I'm on the fence on whether or not to return this as it is VERY expensive ($55 CDN) and it is something I don't know if I would keep buying when I run out because again for the price. It's a very good foundation, but probably not very worth it for the steep price. There is probably something out there that will give the same everything as Sheer Glow but just not as expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2010 4:30:00 AM More reviews by SharonAngela89

ive been using this for about 6 months now... i bought it from mecca cosmetica (which is one of the few places that stock nars in sydney australia) and paid $100AUD for it! with a high price i was expecting high results.... and let me say that i got high results. i was previously using mac studio fix fluid and cant even remember what made me like it. this foundation is easy to apply and the finished look is lovely. i however experienced some break outs when i first used it (which i'm blessed to have nice skin that only suffers from the odd pimple here and there) but was happy with the look so i continued use - thankfully i havent experinced any break outs and i use this daily :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2010 5:02:00 PM More reviews by dapich

Let me just start by saying that I am no foundation expert and I had given up on using foundation as I felt that it always left an unnatural finish. Over the last 2 yrs I only used concealer where needed. Lately I have been feeling that my skin tone is more uneven than usual and wanted more coverage but still look like myself. Well I became obsessed in my quest and it is very difficult to match my skin tone. I have tried Chanel Teint Innocence in soft honey and walnut, MUFE HD in 153 and 173, Bobbi Brown skin in honey and golden,, Chantecaille stick in banana, Bare Escentuals matte in golden tan, Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer in caramel and NARS sheer glow in tahoe. Although NARS is not a perfect color match, it is the closest match than any other foundation I have tried. I have very golden yellow skin and NARS tahoe has enough yellow undertones to work on my skintone although it is a tad too dark, it might work even better in the summer. I liked the NARS best because it felt pretty good on my skin and so far has not caused any breakouts. It lasts all day without creating an oily mess on my combination skin. It has buildable coverage so I can wear it light or full if I dared to. Most important it gives a natural radiance not too glowy and luminous but not at all matte on me, it really creates a natural glow. I felt that MUFEHD was its competitor but to me was much more drying on my cheeks and harder to blend. Also I had a harder time finding a color match with MUFEHD. So far I really like this foundation and have stopped my search for a true HG as I don't think that exist for me and NARS will have to do for now. I also liked the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer and bare Escentuals matte as they provided very natural coverage and may use them for a more everyday look. I will update this review if this foundation eventually disappoints me but so far it is a keeper.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2010 1:36:00 PM More reviews by tripoli

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This foundation was OK. But way too expensive when you consider that many drugstore foundations are better. It covers all of my minor flaws but tends to look a bit cakey and settle into fine lines halfway though the day...also, it's not glowy at ALL! It's actually quite matte. You can definitely tell I'm wearing foundation when I have this on, as opposed to MUFE HD which has similar coverage yet looks like naturally perfect skin. Too bad, because the lightest shade (Siberia) is almost the perfect match for my ruddy yet warm toned skin (it's very pale and yellowy, not neutral as described on Sephora) and the lightest MUFE HD shade is the color of red freaking clay. I wouldn't repurchase this foundation - Surprisingly, Revlon Photoready is everything I hoped Sheer Glow would be! It's medium coverage and gives a gorgeous light from within glow, and the lightest shade is actually very pale and warm, which is so rare for drugstore foundations!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2010 1:31:00 AM More reviews by dorkdujour

i really love this stuff. very buildable from sheer to heavy coverage. i've used this on someone with really bad dark acne scars & they were covered up beautifully! it lasted the whole day (long photo shoot). i have it four colors but plan on adding more to my kit.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2010 7:06:00 PM More reviews by lydia4

i tried stromboli and it was too yellow. it was the exact color as my nc40 select fluid, but that one oxidizes as well. something about really yellow foundations make them oxidize quickly. i have oily skin and this actually didn't feel runny or greasy. it has a nice finish. i'll try other colors next time.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2010 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Socotroca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Negatives first: Needs a pump, too expensive.

Ok, now that that's out of the way. I've been using this for about a month. I wanted to wait a while before writing a review because I have oily/sensitive/acne prone skin and wanted to see if it lived up to the hype. Alas, it has! I find that it mattifies quite a bit but gives off a luminosity. It's not dewy (which I would hate given my oilyness) but it does make you look radiant and people who have no clue about my makeup ask me what I've done lately cause I look more radiant. It has not broken me out or irritated my skin at all.

The price of this kills me, but it's sooo good! I will repurchase. And I'll try to get the good people at Sephora to gift me a pump for the bottle! LOL!

For reference, I'm a NC30-35 and Barcelona is a perfect match for me (I have olive undertone).

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2010 10:49:00 AM More reviews by kremy630

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE this foundation!!! I'm NC25-NC30 with olive undertones, and i chose Sante Fe.. i LOVE this foundation because unlike MAC Studio fix fluid (YUCK!!) this foundation does not have HUGEEE amounts of yellow in it.. such buildable coverage. I apply with MAC 190 by patting down foundation and blending with MAC 187.. No pump does suck but it just comes right out of the bottle not too thick like Revlon Colorstay.. Super expensive.. hope this lasts a long time.. Will defenitely repurchase!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2010 4:13:00 AM More reviews by jaya_1981

Love this foundation. It has great buildable coverage withour being heavy on my face or making me feel like it's blocking my pores- I have it in Barcelona and think it was worth the price. I apply it with a stipling brush then powder my eyelids and t zone with translucent. That prevents it from creasing on me. The only thing I don't like is that glass bottle.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2010 5:26:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this is a great product if you have great skin and have nothing to hide or conceal.

I had that skin when I was 20... but not now. I think this is a nice foundation.. but nice doesn't cut it for someone my age and with my imperfections.

I chose the Matte and am testing it now.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No