November 23, 2014 | 1715 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2011 4:21:00 AM More reviews by mneiai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for a few weeks now and I keep holding out, hoping that I'll find some technique or another that will make me love it like other people do. But, no matter what primer I use or how I set this, it's still mostly gone by the end of the day. No matter how much I build it or what I use to apply it, it still doesn't give me great coverage. I'm NC15 and was given 117, which isn't bad.

The pros is that it doesn't feel too bad on (it's not the best thing I've ever worn, but hardly the worse), doesn't seem to cause me to break out (I got a few while using it, but not anything unexpected), and it comes in a clear pump bottle (which I do love).

The cons is that it's expensive for what it does, it isn't very long lasting, it leaves me feeling greasy if I forget to use some of my oil-fighting products before/after.

Basically, I should never buy foundation from Sephora on an overcast day. But I'm going to keep experimenting and will update if I end up finding a way to solve the problems with this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2011 3:44:00 AM More reviews by Sunnydelite62901

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I am surprised but I like this foundation. I am around NC40 in MAC and Sheer glow Punjab in Nars or Bobbie Brown Skin foundation in 4.5 . I am biracial Hispanic and Asian so I have brown skin with deep yellow or "golden" tones. My challenge is finding a coverup with enough "yellow in it." I just recently started using department store cover up because my skin tone is so damn hard to match I always got prescriptives custom blend foundation. I still use another brand Color Custom Labs foundation but I decided it was time to try and find a pre-made foundation. It is a bit heavy so I just a little bit and then buff with with my mac stippling brush. Mostly I use this in evening or when I need more coverage since I have pretty good skin. I used 140. Nars "Beach" loose powder. Over all I see this lasting a long time like I said it's a bit heavy but a little goes a long way and if you need heavier coverage this is a good foundation to use that won't look cakey. I will have to say that if you don't use this in the right color, it looks horrible. After trying various samples I am 100 percent sure 140 is the only color that looks natural on me

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2011 12:03:00 PM More reviews by amandasmakeupmadness

I've been using the Make Up For Ever HD for over a month. I fell in love with this foundation since first use. It is easily buildable for coverage without looking caked on. And it feels like you are not wearing liquid foundation. It is the most natural looking foundation. Definetly worth the money. For swatches and video of the MUFE HD foundation go to my blog and youtube channel.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2011 9:47:00 PM More reviews by chikababy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! It's the closest thing to HG (since I haven't tried a lot of foundation). The only thing wrong with it is the price (46CAD). It's a bit on the expensive side for me but I had a gift card. It has good, buildable coverage. It's the only foundation I've tried that actually looks like skin. It also feels like my skin! I like the pump bottle. I don't detect a scent. I don't find this moisturising (it says it is) but I wasn't looking for that. For reference, I'm NC20 at MAC and I was a really good match for #120

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2011 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Madorable

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After years of wasting money on drug store foundations that would enviable make me break out, or create that orange ring around my face I finally stepped into a Sephora and found this Make Up Forever HD foundation. Sure it's a little pricey, but a little really does go a long way, 2-3 pumps cover all the bumps, redness and evens out my skin tone, no orange ring!

Spending 9-20 bucks on drugstore, pour clogging trash, every two weeks costs you more in the long run. You have to layer it on, it doesnt last the day, and it's almost always obvious in natural light that you're trying to cover something up.

M.U.F.'s HD when blended correctly (which is a breeze with the HD setting powder and a big fluffy blush) doesn't give you away, is seemless and really looks great even in High Defination.

The color selection is amazing, it feels amazing on your face, it lasts all day and makes your skin look flawless. Trust me on this one ladies it saves my day everyday.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2011 2:44:00 PM More reviews by kim080464

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

ugh! so upset with this foundation.

First some background. I've been using Revlon Colorstay for almost two and a half years. Decent foundation but I always read reviews and think there is something better. Or just being a flat out make-up addict, I like to try new things. After seeing a recent picture of me, I thought I might need to dive into HD make-up. Pictures kept surfacing of me under flourescent lighting and it was UGLY! So off to make-up alley I go to check reviews. headed to Sephora for a sample and next day, test it out.

Holy crapola! First, this foundation accented dry areas on my face that I didn't even know I had. My colorstay never does that. And to add, I really don't have dry skin anyways. Also, I exfoliate, moisturize and prime on a normal basis so that was the first negative. Second, it settles into pores and just sits there. you can't even blend it out. So I had these weird dots of foundation on my face. Third, if you scratch your face or rub the foundation, it will come off. Fourth, pretty certain after a two day use this caused a breakout. I haven't changed anything else in my routine so pretty certain it was the foundation. I will update if my skin continues to break-out after quitting use of this. Like I said, I don't know what else it could be because I haven't changed anything else in my routine.

One pro of this foundation is it does blend really well over the entire face where you don't have pores. As stated earlier this stuff sank right into any pores I have. ;-( I am guessing the high reviews of this foundation is people who are younger and/or already have pretty good skin straight from the start. It does cover redness really well, but that is about it. I did not test it in a photograph but by judging what it looked like under my bathroom light and natural light I probably wouldn't like the result. I don't know I just didn't expect this foundation to be so BAD!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2011 7:48:00 PM More reviews by dior4

i'm sorry to say but this product did not work for me. i have acne scar it didn't cover, i just didn't like it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2011 8:36:00 AM More reviews by Bondgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have /dehydrateddry and very sensitive skin.
I got the shade 117 which was an absolutely perfect match for my pale, but yellow toned skin and it matched flawlessly with my neck! But unfortunately thats where the positive ends..
Even on scrubbed, moisturised and primed skin this did not aplly flawlessly! It accentuated every pore and stuck to all any dry patches! I have tried apllying it with every possible method, but nothing worked, which is a shame because the shade was flawless! The coverage was light to medium and didnt seem to be buildable, because it ended up looking caked on.
I would only recommend this for oily skinned girls.
I will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2011 9:14:00 PM More reviews by danielle529

I really wanted to love this product. After reading so many great reviews online and watching people rave about it on youtube I shelled out 40 bucks and went to my nearest Sephora. I have combination, sensitive, acne-prone skin and am currently quite fair due to the lack of sun. So, I was matched with #115. The colormatch is spot on and in Sephora it looked great so I bought it and was so excited that I might have finally found my HG. Well, this foundation does look natural, not-matte but not-dewy finish, however it's staying power IS AWFUL. I tried the bare minerals, smashbox, avon, and laura geller primer underneath and it still starts to fade/get patchy about 4-5 of wear. I'm a high-school student and have no time to touch up between classes. I always set my liquid foundations with a powder I tried Rimmel Stay Matte, Bare Minerals Mineral Veil, Maybelline Mineral Veil, and Loreal True Match powder along with a primer and it still evaporated. Even though I have combination skin my skin wasn't oily and this product still could not hold. If it was about half the price I would just keep it for those days I don't need to wear makeup that long, but since it's $40 and soon the shade won't match me once I start tanning, it just doesn't seem worth it. It's a good product and would recommend it, but NOT to anyone who needs it to last a full work/school day. I rated it a 3 because of the price and staying power. But it most definitely deserves a 5 for packaging by being smart and having a pump.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2011 3:00:00 AM More reviews by w04hh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I like the way it looks when first applied, but I absolutely hate the way it feels on my skin. I was really looking forward to trying this foundation because it got such great reviews on Sephora. While it is a full coverage foundation, my skin still looked relative natural (a bit on the matte side). But the way it feels is a totally different story. It feels like a heavy mask that weighed my skin down. It's like I can feel like there is something on my face. I'm a NC20-25, neutral undertones, and 118 is a decent, but not perfect match. The staying power isn't so great either. When I was using, I was dying to wash my face at midday.