July 25, 2014 | 1704 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2011 9:57:00 PM More reviews by jpqn

While this foundation is definitely not for those days when my skin is feeling temperamental (acne, dry spots, flaking), it is absolutely beautiful when my skin is smooth, especially on top of primer. My skin looks flawless on camera! It has fairly good coverage overall, but what you'll see on camera is amazing. This foundation really does deliver.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2011 5:16:00 PM More reviews by maybebaby82

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this foundation. Read so many good reviews, so I caved in and bought one. First, I normally don't wear a liquid foundation. I switched to amazing cosmetics minerals. Well... when I started using the MUFE foundation there were numerous problems as to why I couldn't stand this product.

First, it felt incredibly thick and heavy on my skin even though I used my top of the line foundation stiple brush and my blending brush. My skin looked and felt like I was wearing a mask.

Second, my skin is oily and sometimes have changed the color of a liquid foundation a strange, dark color. Well this one turned my skin a horrid dirty looking color within two hours. I could not wait to get back home to get this junk off my face.

Needless to say it was returned to Sephora asap.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2011 9:29:00 AM More reviews by xCatx

I was very sceptical about this foundation.. but after seeing/reading lots and lots of reviews i decided to give it a go. I'm building my make-up kit so was unsure of what foundation to invest in for a long time.

I was afraid of the coverage being too light.. i'm a studio fix or full coverage kinda girl!! Cause i'm acne prone and have red cheeks. Well the coverage did not disapoint!!! Yes it's medium but it makes your skin look like a better version of itself! It will not cover major blemishes but i just use a concealer for that underneath!
It looks pretty in daytime but it looks amazing on camera, i'll post a picture of it (fair skin, red hair).. And with the hd powder on top it looks even better ♥ (you need to buff that powder in well if you're gonna take pictures though!!)

it's a bit too expensive for every day use but it's just absolutely perfect for using on clients!! The color range is also amazing, i only have 6 colors atm and i haven't had any trouble with matching them to skintones!! up untill now i have just held the bottle up against their chest and it was always a good match when i put it on!! love it!

Oh and i've found that on my oily skin it stays on better without moisturiser, and on dry skins it CAN get flakey and it can soak up quite a bit of product, but it seems that if you make sure the dry skin is clean, exfoliated and realy well moisturised it makes a big diference :) So i guess it's suitable for every skin type but you have to take care of your problem areas with skincare!!

Gonna order 4 more shades and i will get all the colours eventually, i love it that much :)

heck if it wasn't so expensive i'd give it 6 lippies out of 5 :p

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2011 1:34:00 AM More reviews by reyna1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay so why is this a 3?! This is the most AMAZING foundation I have ever used! It literally looks like I have perfect skin after I apply this with my MAC 187. I have dry skin so this is perfect for you ladies with dry skin! It illuminates your face and gives you this glowy dewy finish. It's very build-able coverage, so you can go very natural or as much as you like and it still looks natural and amazing! The price is insane but this will last you a good while and you'll love it! Never going back to drug store or any other department store makeup again!
:]

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2011 8:35:00 PM More reviews by Cahsezsaywhat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

*sorry for the long review, but this must be said!*

Do I have perfect skin? No. Does this foundation make it look like I have flawless skin? YES. If you do *not* have crater-like acne or dry spot/flakes then this foundation will look amazing on you. Then again, if you have crater acne you shouldnt be wearing thick, chemical-full foundation anyway, and I stay away from this when my skin wants to be fussy and have dry spots because this will make a weird "ring" around it.

I have uneven skin tone, scars, and red spots from my early 20s acne-prone skin. One layer of this bad boy and I look like America's Next Top Model (just kidding- but you get my point).

I am relatively oily so by the 3-4th hour I feel like I need to blot. This is alleviated with a good mattifying primer though- so don't blame the foundation. It gives me a great dewy finish without having more oil than a Chinese restaurant. I've used a sample of MUFE hd primer in #6- love it, but wish it had more oil control.

I would definitely try this foundation if it interests you at all because I have the most sensitive skin and this hasn't caused any irritation and the finish is AMAZING.

PROS:
-did not break me out.
-amazing finish
-doesnt look cakey, looks very natural
-easy to blend
-dont need a lot of product for good coverage: if anything it looks better with less product
-i get a ridiculous amount of compliments when i wear this

CONS:
-wish it didnt slide around so much by the 3-4th hour, but I blame my oiliness not the foundation
-$40 is pretty expensive for my broke college student wallet.

HD is my new HG.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2011 5:28:00 PM More reviews by Katie75007

I love trying new foundations from time to time, but in terms of finish, HD one remains one of my favorites. In terms of shade matching, I do wish MUFE had a lighter, neutral shade -- 110 is the closest match, but it's slightly too dark / pink. It's lightweight and never feels heavy on the skin, and yet the pigmentation and coverage are fantastic -- much more than what you would expect from such a lightweight formula. It leaves an amazing flawless finish -- my skin looks poreless and even. The only (only!) aspect I would change about it is that it's difficult to tell when you're running low -- but I refuse to subtract a lippie for this alone. I highly recommend it!

(For reference, NARS Siberia is my best match; NW5-10.)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2011 12:42:00 PM More reviews by DeltaCephei

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have to re-write my review. Although I still love this foundation, it's coverage and the way it lasts I find you need a lot of product. Like 3 pumps for my face. It's just too expensive for that.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2011 11:24:00 AM More reviews by Lcalise1129

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been searching for the perfect foundation for what seems like forever! I always had such a hard time finding a foundation thats the perfect shade for my skin. The MUA at sephora matched me to shade 123 which is a PERFECT match for me. It doesnt even look like im wearing foundation. It goes on so smooth and it looks like my skin. Just one pump covers my whole face! I also love that it has a pump. Most foundations dont come with a pump which can get messy.
I have acne prone skin and I break out with most foundations. Ive been using this for 3 days now and so far so good. If I dont break out from it, this will be my HG foundation. It is pricey but its SO worth it. You can always go to sephora and ask for a sample so you can try it out before spending 40 bucks on this. I will do an update in a few days to see if I broke out from this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2011 3:48:00 AM More reviews by builtlikebettie

I haven't been wearing foundation for very long, and have never used a liquid foundation. (I use mostly BM Matte now) But In a quest to find a better color match for foundation, the MUA at Sephora recommended MUFE HD foundation in #118 for me. I love the color...I had been using something way too yellow for my skintone.

While I prefer something with a more matte finish, It's not a bad foundation at all. For me, the biggest drawback is the rather shiny finish that doesn't do much to minimize my pores. Although I do end up finishing with a dusting of BM matte powder...I still feel like for a "HD" product, my pores are still very visible.

I apply with a MAC 187, which gives a nice airbushed finish. The coverage is light to medium, but somewhat buildable. I didn't break out using this foundation at all, which is rare!

After experimenting with different applications, I found applying a bit of BM matte foundation, then the MUFE HD, and finish again with a little BM powder, my pores aren't as visible. But I can only imagine it's because I have like 3 layers of makeup on >_< not something I want to do everyday!

Being that this foundation is so expensive, I wouldn't be on the top of my "would by again" list. But if you can afford it, I'd say it's pretty worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2011 9:04:00 PM More reviews by divahgriffin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

OK! Dark skinned girls, I've found the holy grail of foundations. I'm very dark skinned w/o any red undertone what so ever. Forget NCsomething. Try not even fitting that brand. I have such a hard time finding a good foundation that fits my color just right and gives me the coverage i want. And its buildable so if i want light coverage i do 1 and a half pump and at most i do 2 and a half. i'm a 185. its pricey but WORTH IT. There's no other color out there for me and i walk around looking like a movie star everyday:)