DuWop Lip Venom

2.9

Polyisobutene, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Flavors/Aroma, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea Leaf) Extract, D&C Red #7 Lake (CI 15850).

Ugh - I am a sucker - I went into my favorite cosmetic store and on the counter sat "Lip Venom" guaranteed to give you a "natural bee stung lip look" - hmmmmmmm, interesting I thought. Let's try it - I paid my 15.00 and took my Lip Venom. The packaging is cute a thick cardboard tube but inside it is this little tiny glass vile of clearish liquidy gloss. I was pretty mad that they make you think your getting more product because you can't tell until you open the tube. The gloss smells and taste like cinnamon. What this stuff is suppose to do is simulate your lips into become red so they look "bee stung". This stuff literally makes your lips warm up - and if you have chapped lips and use it -THEY BURN! I applied this stuff (it does not come with an applicator so you have to put it on with your finger or brush) and it's sloppy! I felt like the stuff was running off my lips and onto my face! I tried to fix the problem by putting it over a nude lip liner - no way it did the same. Needless to say, I would never ever purchase or recommend this to anyone!!

you need to exfoliate your lips first, and than apply and rub, rub, rub, for it to work!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hard to review this product coz despite the low ratings I really like it. It give subtle gloss, pleasant tingle, naturally flushed kiss-sore lips and adds a little fullness too.
But very expensive, tiny pot and no aplicator! Its not even like the ingredients are expensive, nope not gonna do this again....however much I love it!
Beth

on 3/16/2002 5:58:00 PM

I loved this when I first tried it. I loved the stinging feeling, but I didn't noticed any "plumping" to my lips. After using this a few times, the "stinging" wore off and basically that was the only reason why I would use it. It's not really a gloss, and has no staying power whatsoever. I don't think I would buy this again, after becoming "immune" to the stinging sensation.

on 3/10/2002 1:27:00 AM

Agree completely with lconover's review.

on 12/20/2001 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'd read so much about it in magazines that I was really expecting a dramatic result - people had gone so far as to say it made their lips look larger. The concept of the product is an interesting one - basically, it mildly irritates the lips to make them appear redder.

In my experience, it didn't work. Sure, the product had a pleasant mild tingle to it, but it didn't have much staying power as a gloss. I didn't notice any enhancement of color. It felt similar to tiger balm, actually.

The product comes in a weird little test tube vial within a HUGE cardboard tube. (I was expecting more than the tiny little product that was enclosed.)

So, a neat product, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't worth $14. Maybe $4.

on 12/3/2001 4:38:00 PM

I love this! I think it makes my lips look fuller...and maybe a bit redder, but not much. I love the taste, and the tingling sensation, too! I'd definitely repurchase this.

on 11/17/2001 4:30:00 PM

Sucky packaging - you have to use a brush - but great, GREAT flavor. I love the tingly feeling, and I love the cinnamon-y, minty flavor. It doesn't make my lips bee-stung, but that's ok.

on 11/17/2001 7:59:00 AM

thought my lips did look "bee-stung" I would buy this product again

on 11/10/2001 11:30:00 PM

RIS, and im glad i didnt buy it like i wanted to. I liked what it did to my lips, made them appear a little fuller, but the taste just makes me want to hurl, sorry to be so graphic. normally cinnamon doesnt bother me, but OYE, this was disgusting.

Recommended for Medium Skin