July 28, 2014 | 2074 users online

Lip Gloss - DuWop - Lip Venom

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2002 2:48:00 AM More reviews by Marianne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

OK... my skin is very sensitive, and so it is prone to vasodilation. I think that is why this works for me! My lips did get red, and I like the flavor and the result, but I don't like the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2002 2:29:00 PM More reviews by bubby

I was inspired to give my two cents after reading the previous review. This stuff is the worst! It's been a year since I threw this stuff in the garbage but now that I have been reminded I have to rant. It is messy, the vial leaks, and it just feels like a thick oil. How DUMB to have this stuff in a *vial* with no roller or anything. Look, if anyone likes a stinging sensation on their lips (and believe me, there is no aesthetic benefit to this - your lips will look exactly the same) I'm sure you could find out where to get some cinnamon oil and just dilute it somehow. But I have no idea why anyone would. This is a huge gimmick and as well as a huge waste of money.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2002 12:59:00 PM More reviews by HoneySmearedMoon

Ugh - I am a sucker - I went into my favorite cosmetic store and on the counter sat "Lip Venom" guaranteed to give you a "natural bee stung lip look" - hmmmmmmm, interesting I thought. Let's try it - I paid my 15.00 and took my Lip Venom. The packaging is cute a thick cardboard tube but inside it is this little tiny glass vile of clearish liquidy gloss. I was pretty mad that they make you think your getting more product because you can't tell until you open the tube. The gloss smells and taste like cinnamon. What this stuff is suppose to do is simulate your lips into become red so they look "bee stung". This stuff literally makes your lips warm up - and if you have chapped lips and use it -THEY BURN! I applied this stuff (it does not come with an applicator so you have to put it on with your finger or brush) and it's sloppy! I felt like the stuff was running off my lips and onto my face! I tried to fix the problem by putting it over a nude lip liner - no way it did the same. Needless to say, I would never ever purchase or recommend this to anyone!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2002 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Lipglossdoll

you need to exfoliate your lips first, and than apply and rub, rub, rub, for it to work!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2002 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Butterflybaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Hard to review this product coz despite the low ratings I really like it. It give subtle gloss, pleasant tingle, naturally flushed kiss-sore lips and adds a little fullness too.
But very expensive, tiny pot and no aplicator! Its not even like the ingredients are expensive, nope not gonna do this again....however much I love it!
Beth

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2002 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Rayvenn

I loved this when I first tried it. I loved the stinging feeling, but I didn't noticed any "plumping" to my lips. After using this a few times, the "stinging" wore off and basically that was the only reason why I would use it. It's not really a gloss, and has no staying power whatsoever. I don't think I would buy this again, after becoming "immune" to the stinging sensation.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/10/2002 1:27:00 AM More reviews by mv6198

Agree completely with lconover's review.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2001 10:24:00 AM More reviews by lconover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'd read so much about it in magazines that I was really expecting a dramatic result - people had gone so far as to say it made their lips look larger. The concept of the product is an interesting one - basically, it mildly irritates the lips to make them appear redder.

In my experience, it didn't work. Sure, the product had a pleasant mild tingle to it, but it didn't have much staying power as a gloss. I didn't notice any enhancement of color. It felt similar to tiger balm, actually.

The product comes in a weird little test tube vial within a HUGE cardboard tube. (I was expecting more than the tiny little product that was enclosed.)

So, a neat product, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't worth $14. Maybe $4.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2001 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Daisy

I love this! I think it makes my lips look fuller...and maybe a bit redder, but not much. I love the taste, and the tingling sensation, too! I'd definitely repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2001 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Anne

Sucky packaging - you have to use a brush - but great, GREAT flavor. I love the tingly feeling, and I love the cinnamon-y, minty flavor. It doesn't make my lips bee-stung, but that's ok.