DuWop Lip Venom

2.9

Polyisobutene, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Flavors/Aroma, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea Leaf) Extract, D&C Red #7 Lake (CI 15850).

on 12/1/2002 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Well I should have expected there IS no magic formula for a 'bee stung' pouty pucker but of course I had to leap in the void and take the chance. Does not work. End of story.

It does have a slight pleasant tingle, but it only lasts a very short time. The smell/taste was okay. But its a pain in the arse to apply (its in a vial, um, okay.) Did I mention how greasy it feels? Well it does. Truth be told, a waste of money. continued >>

on 10/6/2002 9:05:00 PM

i like it. i mix it with MAC lip glass, and it doesn't sting too much. I love tingly products, and the cinnamon taste is great. It is too expensive though, so it's for special sassy days only.

on 9/4/2002 2:04:00 AM

gave me a cold sore!

on 8/23/2002 5:27:00 PM

I received this in a swap and I'm *so* glad I did! The vile is tiny but has enough product to last for quite some time! The tingle and taste it leaves on your lips is yummy and the gloss is really long lasting. Okay, so maybe it doesn't live up to everything it claims, but it's so cute, who cares!

on 7/31/2002 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Stings and tingles for a long time. The SA told me that the tingling would stop soon but it didn't. Numbed my lips to the point where I thought I was drooling. It's a watery product. Interesting product but didn't plump my lips. Made it look glossy for a little bit. Better to get regular lip gloss.

on 5/23/2002 2:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

OK... my skin is very sensitive, and so it is prone to vasodilation. I think that is why this works for me! My lips did get red, and I like the flavor and the result, but I don't like the price.

on 5/10/2002 2:29:00 PM

I was inspired to give my two cents after reading the previous review. This stuff is the worst! It's been a year since I threw this stuff in the garbage but now that I have been reminded I have to rant. It is messy, the vial leaks, and it just feels like a thick oil. How DUMB to have this stuff in a *vial* with no roller or anything. Look, if anyone likes a stinging sensation on their lips (and believe me, there is no aesthetic benefit to this - your lips will look exactly the same) I'm sure you could find out where to get some cinnamon oil and just dilute it somehow. But I have no idea why anyone would. This is a huge gimmick and as well as a huge waste of money.

Ugh - I am a sucker - I went into my favorite cosmetic store and on the counter sat "Lip Venom" guaranteed to give you a "natural bee stung lip look" - hmmmmmmm, interesting I thought. Let's try it - I paid my 15.00 and took my Lip Venom. The packaging is cute a thick cardboard tube but inside it is this little tiny glass vile of clearish liquidy gloss. I was pretty mad that they make you think your getting more product because you can't tell until you open the tube. The gloss smells and taste like cinnamon. What this stuff is suppose to do is simulate your lips into become red so they look "bee stung". This stuff literally makes your lips warm up - and if you have chapped lips and use it -THEY BURN! I applied this stuff (it does not come with an applicator so you have to put it on with your finger or brush) and it's sloppy! I felt like the stuff was running off my lips and onto my face! I tried to fix the problem by putting it over a nude lip liner - no way it did the same. Needless to say, I would never ever purchase or recommend this to anyone!!

you need to exfoliate your lips first, and than apply and rub, rub, rub, for it to work!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hard to review this product coz despite the low ratings I really like it. It give subtle gloss, pleasant tingle, naturally flushed kiss-sore lips and adds a little fullness too.
But very expensive, tiny pot and no aplicator! Its not even like the ingredients are expensive, nope not gonna do this again....however much I love it!
Beth