DuWop Lip Venom

2.9

Polyisobutene, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Flavors/Aroma, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea Leaf) Extract, D&C Red #7 Lake (CI 15850).

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I was very optimistic,like everyone else, that this would give me Angelina-like lips. Nope! They stayed just the same, only they were shiny and tasted like cinnamon. If I wanted just that, I could have saved like $12 and purchased Bonne Bell....

I'm kinda of a sucker for products like this. Sure, it doesn't REALLY make my mouth look any fuller, but I LOVE THE WAY IT FEELS! Upon first application it felt like little fire-ants had descended on my lips, but the first usage is always the most potent, and it eventually gave way to a sensual, coolheat tingle with a cinnamint aftertaste that is altogether pleasing. I like to apply the Lip Venom first and then dab on a teeny bit of Kiehl's Lip Colour Creme in Indian Rose for lovely, naturally-blushing lips. I agree that the packaging is a bit difficult. The inital cardboard tubing, though a nice idea, had to be tossed for practicality's sake, and the little miniature brush for application is ridiculously small and impossible to wield as it gets coated in the thin oil. I tossed it any apply with the tip of my finger. This product is more a novelty than anything else, and because of it's steep price, I probably won't buy it again. It's fun, though!

I'm kinda of a sucker for products like this. Sure, it doesn't REALLY make my mouth look any fuller, but I LOVE THE WAY IT FEELS! Upon first application it felt like little fire-ants had descended on my lips, but the first usage is always the most potent, and it eventually gave way to a sensual, coolheat tingle with a cinnamint aftertaste that is altogether pleasing. I like to apply the Lip Venom first and then dab on a teeny bit of Kiehl's Lip Colour Creme in Indian Rose for lovely, naturally-blushing lips. I agree that the packaging is a bit difficult. The inital cardboard tubing, though a nice idea, had to be tossed for practicality's sake, and the little miniature brush for application is ridiculously small and impossible to wield as it gets coated in the thin oil. I tossed it and apply with the tip of my finger. This product is more a novelty than anything else, and because of it's steep price, I probably won't buy it again. It's fun, though!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Well I should have expected there IS no magic formula for a 'bee stung' pouty pucker but of course I had to leap in the void and take the chance. Does not work. End of story.

It does have a slight pleasant tingle, but it only lasts a very short time. The smell/taste was okay. But its a pain in the arse to apply (its in a vial, um, okay.) Did I mention how greasy it feels? Well it does. Truth be told, a waste of money. continued >>

i like it. i mix it with MAC lip glass, and it doesn't sting too much. I love tingly products, and the cinnamon taste is great. It is too expensive though, so it's for special sassy days only.

gave me a cold sore!

I received this in a swap and I'm *so* glad I did! The vile is tiny but has enough product to last for quite some time! The tingle and taste it leaves on your lips is yummy and the gloss is really long lasting. Okay, so maybe it doesn't live up to everything it claims, but it's so cute, who cares!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Stings and tingles for a long time. The SA told me that the tingling would stop soon but it didn't. Numbed my lips to the point where I thought I was drooling. It's a watery product. Interesting product but didn't plump my lips. Made it look glossy for a little bit. Better to get regular lip gloss.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

OK... my skin is very sensitive, and so it is prone to vasodilation. I think that is why this works for me! My lips did get red, and I like the flavor and the result, but I don't like the price.

I was inspired to give my two cents after reading the previous review. This stuff is the worst! It's been a year since I threw this stuff in the garbage but now that I have been reminded I have to rant. It is messy, the vial leaks, and it just feels like a thick oil. How DUMB to have this stuff in a *vial* with no roller or anything. Look, if anyone likes a stinging sensation on their lips (and believe me, there is no aesthetic benefit to this - your lips will look exactly the same) I'm sure you could find out where to get some cinnamon oil and just dilute it somehow. But I have no idea why anyone would. This is a huge gimmick and as well as a huge waste of money.

Recommended for Medium Skin