BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

on 2/20/2007 8:41:00 PM

This is pure magic in a little bottle! Its a pinkish-white pearly sheen illuminator in color. This definitely goes down in my book as one of the best cosmetic products ever invented. No one should be without this. Its a fav among make-up artists. I love to use this in the corners of my eyes and in the tear duct area and on the brow bone, also around the lips and nose and it creates a youthful, luminous and dewy look. It can be applied over or under make up or alone. It evens out and brightens up any dark spot. High Beam also seems to last forever, even though I just bought it the amount u need is so little for just the right amount of glow. Go out and buy this right now gals! If you want something more pigmented try BECCA'S skin shimmering perfector in pearl which is also great.

on 2/20/2007 2:26:00 PM

gives a really girlie pretty finish to your foundation and blusher. I would buy again.

on 2/12/2007 4:41:00 AM

One of the only two Benefit products that I actually like. This is a great highlighter. At first I thought that it is so expensive, however I need such a tiny drop for a highlighted glow that one bottle will last forever! It is a pinky silver sheen that is perfect for my NC15 complexion. It is not oily, dries very light weight and does not accentuate pores. If I should ever run out I will repurchase.

on 2/9/2007 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I finally have found a product that gives me a dewy finsih. I mix my moisturizer with the Benefit High Beam and then apply to my entire face. The end result is a soft, dewy look.

on 2/9/2007 1:45:00 AM

Wow is all I have to say. I have finally found a liquid highlighter that is easy to blend and doesn't make me look like a disco ball. I use it on my cheek bones, the brow bone, and occasionally on my cupid's bow and the inner corners of my eyes. This is my first Benefit purchase and I am very pleased! I did have a problem at first forking out the money but now I don't regret it one bit and can see that this bottle will last me quite awhile. I now too can have that beautiful glowy skin look :)

Let's just get it out in the open now that I do prefer Moon Beam. Yet High Beam is still without precedent, one of the finer liquid highlighters on the market and a real classic in its own time. Frosty pink with a pearly finish, it works mysteriously well as an undereye circle mask and at the corners of my nose to reduce cracking and dullness. Of course it also works glowy wonders on the brow bones, nose ridge, cheekbones, chin and lips. And how cute is the bottle? I just love it. She's the redheaded stepchild to my beloved Moon Beam and yet she grew on me within a matter of years.

on 1/19/2007 10:53:00 PM

I really love this highlighter it gives a fresh dewy glow to the skin and really shows up well.... under or over foundation

I recently re purchased this product. I lost my first bottle about 2 years ago (dont know how I managed that but it disappeared non the less). It took 2 years to repurchase and it came in the realness of concealness box this time so as you can gather i dont consider this an essential product but it is certainly a good product and handy to have.

This is the daft part - Im not actually reviewing it as a highlighting product but as a concealer base I dont bother to use it as a highlighter as i'm conscious of shimmer appearing as shine on my natuarlly shine prone face and feel using anything for this type of application makes me look over shiny

Whats the point of using the product you ask? :) Believe it or not its perfect to use on those little shadows in the inner corners of eyes and the darkest areas just below the corners of the eye - it reflects light off dark shadows better than anything else ive tried and looks very natural and not at all silvery shiny when used sparingly on dark shadows with a dab concealer on top. Its definitely worth having in my makeup bag for dark eye disaster days and I will repurchase again when this little tube from the kit runs out, or if I lose it again! :)

on 1/14/2007 7:06:00 PM

Love it. Got it in my Realness of Concealness kit, and I use it every day. At first I was just using it for brow bone highlighting when i didnt feel like actual eye make up, but i started using it on my cheek bones and am loving the result. i have a roundish face and have always been pretty bad at contouring, but this is super helpful. easy to use, pretty, and just makes me feel gorgeous! don't usually buy high end or department store brands, i mostly stick to my drug store favs, but this was a gift and i'm glad i got it because i will definitely invest in it again!

on 1/10/2007 1:06:00 PM

I guess I'm the one person unhappy with this product. I bought it on a whim after trying it at the store. Looked fine at the store, but when I got home, I felt like it made my pores look enormous. I just used it by the browbone and the top of my cheekbones. So then I tried mixing it with some moisturizer and applying that to my entire cheek, didn't seem to do anything. But the next day I had a horrible rash on the places I'd applied it. I have extremely fair skin which isn't usually terribly sensitive, but there was something about this that caused a reaction, and I know it was this product because I hadn't used anything else new and the rash was only where I had applied the High Beam.

Video Reviews & Tutorials