BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

4.1

on 9/18/2006 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I loved this. I like it best mixed with a little moisturizer though for a natural look, though with tinted moisturizer it's great. I've also done the strategic dotting thing, and it's done pretty well. The only problem, and this is the problem with most liquid highlighters: if you put it on before finishing powder, it disappears, after powder it will streak, without powder and you get all oily and the highlighter just gets lost in the mess and it's not strategic because your whole face is an oilslick. It's tricky, but it can be great. Would repurchase.

on 8/31/2006 6:19:00 PM

After seeing this product raved and reviewed about in magazine after magazine, I finally broke down and bought it. I'm so glad I did! I just dab a little on my cheeks and the bridge of my nose over foundation and it gives me a very natural looking sheen that lasts all day. I think the trick is "less is more" with this product. If you add too much, it'll look too shimmery and fake. I tried adding it to my foundation as stated in the instructions for an all-over glow, but I don't need any extra shine on my forhead so that doesn't work for me. I can tell this bottle is going to last a very long time, but I'll definitley buy again when it runs out!

I used and owned this product for years in the typical manner (to highlight my cheekbones or eyebrows), and always loved it. Recently though I was turned on to a new way to use it which I have to share with you. I mix it with my liquid foundation for extra glow and luminescience for my skin. I have gotten so many compliment on my skin it is amazing. I mix one inch long line of high beam with a couple dollops of my foundation (MAC) on the back of my hand and then apply it to my skin. I have uneven skin tone attributed to hyperpygmentation. This added glow hides the differences in tone and makes my skin glow. Try it with your foundation! You may have to experiment to get the right amount with your own foundation but it will be worth it. It looks great. It does lighten your foundation about a half shade which could be a problem for some but.....try this tip! Especially if you are a thirty something like me and have lost that youthful glow. This tip might just bring it back! Hope you love it like I do!

on 8/23/2006 5:18:00 AM

a fantastic wee highlighter that draws attention to anywhere you want it! use this on my bare skin when i want a dewy, 'just fell out of heaven glow', a great accompaniement to smoky eyes, or days when my skin is looking slightly lacklustre. absolutely adore it.

on 8/22/2006 9:58:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I use High Beam every day. I use it as a highlight under my eyebrows. It's a great alternative to using a whitish eyeshadow under the brow to highlight. I love it, & I will repurchase when it runs out.

on 7/23/2006 12:27:00 PM

This stuff is really pretty nice on my fair skin...highlights very lightly and doesn't look fake. It's expensive, but lasts a long time.

on 7/21/2006 6:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

like it alot. am rather pale and this is best used at night as can look bit fake during the day. Use it on all usual places, very good if u want that glowy model look. bottle lasts for ages but aplication/ packaging is terrible would prefer in more hygenic squeeze tube or something. experiment with the application too little doesnt work too much no good either......
would buy again as its a very nice highlighter and works well for me.
price reasonable since it lasts so long but will be dried up and awful messy bottle by the end.

on 7/20/2006 2:27:00 AM

I am so disappointed in this. I blew so much money on this, and it doesn't work for me. I find it hard to work with, chalky, and way over-priced. It doesn't look natural in daylight, almost silvery and chalky. I made the mistake of getting this when I have medium-toned skin. I think this would work for lighter-toned skin girls, though..if you're willing to pay the $$$.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i think this is stupid for the price. you cant even see it at all.. eww

on 7/1/2006 3:00:00 PM

i've used my High Beam nearly every day since summer of 2004, and have only gone through two bottles (lasts forever!). for paler, pinkish skin, this is fabulous- a tiny dab (with the poorly designed brush, i'll admit) is all you need per area on your face (tips of cheekbones, brow bones, inside of eyes, and cupid's bow), and there's a nice glow that lasts a long time. my friends refer to it as the "model stuff", as it gives you fabulous cheekbones. pricey, but worth the investment.

Video Reviews & Tutorials