BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

Have had this awhile but rarely use it- occasionally I will pull it out when doing my "night" make-up on the weekends. I am always disapointed in Glo's performance when I do. The Jennifer Lopez "glow" quality is alluring but this never gives me that effect. Instead, when I dab this thick shimmery stuff on, no matter how little I put and how lightly I blend in, if I have foundation or concealer under it, it take that off and sinks into my pores leaving a pink shimmery sheen- not flattering, looks almost greasy. I find that it is easy to over-due this stuff as well. I have used it on my cheeks to highlight but perhaps I will look for another purpose for this one. Not worth the price.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This product can be mixed with your moisturizer to give your skin a very natural and healthy dewy look.

It can also be applied to the nose bone, cheek bones, forehead, and brow bown to emphasize the features. It can also be used on the inner corners of the eyes to make the eyes shine in a very subtle way. Great muli-purpose product.
Shows up great on Asian skin, unlike it's cousin the Moon Beam which doesn't show up at all on my skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Cute product that does its job. The brush applicator is a nice touch, although the product starts to get goopy after awhile. Then it starts looking like really old nail polish. I use it on my brow bone, inner corners of the eyes, and cheeks. I don't use this too often, so I probably won't be repurchasing again.

I love the way this highlighter does its work, without being too obvious. I use it just at night, when I want a more "dramatic" makeup. Use just a dot on each cheek (very close tho the nose), and a dot on each eyes extremities. I use it even on top of my mineral makeup, wich i thought could be messy, but turns out great. I would definetly buy again, but I use so little each time, i think my bottle will last me for my entire lifetime.

My mua friend suggested this and even though i wasnt sure at first, and actually thought the moon beam would be nicer for my nc 25 skin, but no! This is the most amazing highlighter in the world! I use it on my cheekbones and under my brows (i then set here with a tiny bit of powder as my eyelashes are long and id get mascara smudges here else!)and my make up as a whole looks so much fresher. It really does give u that supermodel glow, also im not a huge blush fan and this is a FANTASTIC alternative! i sometimes put a bit of cream blush with it and its beautiful too. will buy over and over again :) It wont however blend in too good if u are wearing powder. but if u are using it on cheeks and brow bone to give a glowy effect, you shouldnt be using powder in those places anyway. Id love to try the moonbeam next and maybe also becca's more bronzy skin perfectors for nights out!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I purchased this after reading the great reviews on MUA. I regret it - it's going back! I am normally quite generous when reviewing products but I couldn't find anything to like about this product.I am normally a fan of BeneFit's products but I thought High Beam was awful. The texture is vile!!! It's difficult to blend with foundation, cakey when powder is applied on top. Did not show up on my NC20 skin. (Maybe moonbeam would be a more suitable colour for me but I still wouldn't buy it purely because of the gloopy texture.) Tried it underneath my brows - it was ok, but highlighting eye shadows look 100 times prettier and more natural. Admittedly, it's cheaper that a lot of highlighters but the quality is poor so all in all a waste of money. There are many superior highlighters on the market. continued >>

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I am pale, but definitely prefer Moon Beam to High Beam. High Beam is pretty but on me just comes out as being white and too sparkly.

This highlighter looks pretty much like nailpolish, complete with a nailpolish applicator brush. For that reason, it's painstakingly awkward to apply evenly. It's an iridescent whitish-pink color that would probably only suit someone with pale skin, like me. Apparently, you're supposed to dab it on your face wherever you want highlights, wait a little while, then blend it with your fingertips. I usually put it on my brow bone and on the corners of my eyes. The makeup artist who did my face for my wedding also put it on the tip of my nose and above my eyebrow arches, which I thought was interesting. Anyway, the shimmery, highlighted look I get from this highlighter is pretty, but only if I manage to blend it very well. (And that's not an easy task.) However, it's not especially long-lasting and will look "patchy" after a couple of hours, especially under my eyebrows. Again, the nailpolish design is unwieldy and makes the product come out "gloppy", and it definitely requires some time and skill to blend flawlessly. I probably would try something else before I spent $22 on this again.

I LOVE THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! I ALWAYS KEEP IT IN MY BAG and take it with me wherever I go!! It makes me look so good in pictures and it awakens me up after a hard night of partying. This is the first product I everrr bought from benefit along with dandelion (huge fav cant live w/o)... I'm not a really big fan of the line though, anyway I'm really impressed with these two products. Its just has the right amount of shimmer, the right amount of glow... It also looks great if you wear it alone. Love it!

I bought this in college (at Indiana University, where the founders of BeneFit are famous alumna!), and wasn't sure after reading all of the great reviews, why I stopped using it...pulled it out of the collection, and remembered. It's pretty, but on me, even as a highlighter, it is more "glittery" in light and less "glowy", and "glowy" is what I aim for with these types of products. I think I might possibly use it for going out, but for daytime and a more grown-up approach to shimmer, I will stick with Becca Pressed Shimmer powder and Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector.

Video Reviews & Tutorials