April 19, 2014 | 1750 users online

Eyeliner - Urban Decay - 24-7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2007 7:50:00 PM More reviews by tropicaldreamx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I heard so many reviews about this from some co-workers and friends so I decided to go out and try it. I hate pencil eyeliners that are very hard to put on and hard to the touch. I like the more creamy, blendable ones. This one fit the ticket very nicely. I just have to remember not to smudge it too much or mess with my face for a little bit til this sets. I use a smudge brush sometimes but if you push too hard the eyeliner WILL come off while it's still drying. When they say 24/7 they meant it! I have to rub a little even with my make-up remover towelettes. Smudges nicely and stays on for a LONG time. Although the price is a bit high, I still like it. I will definitaly buy another one when I run out.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2007 3:36:00 PM More reviews by cerah13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have issues with eyeliner--I can not apply it smoothly, and it often transfers. I thought this would be a great product for me. It has a gel-like quality to it, which makes it easy to apply, but it is not waterproof, as advertised. (At least on me). It's better than most liners in a pinch, but I prefer Make Up Forever's Aqua Eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2007 9:56:00 PM More reviews by princess_laila

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I loved this so much, and replaced the soot liquid liner with it. It stays on just as well but is blacker and deeper in color. It smudges wonderfully and stays on all night. I wear it with Nars Corfu shadow for going out. It's the best black liner of any type ever, not just the best pencil

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2007 11:50:00 PM More reviews by Suki73

I'll preface this review by saying that I rarely wear pencil liner alone, preferring to use liquid or gel liners, then using pencils to soften or to add definition to the line, accordingly. I've been using Zero in conjunction with MAC's liquid liner and it works well for my purposes (a smudgey, smoky eye for going out.) As others have mentioned, Zero is prone to smudging -it is very soft- but I happen to appreciate that it smudges without excessive smearing. (I also use LM's metallic eye colour as a base and I think this helps some.) The shade is a true, inky black - one of the better, truer blacks I've seen in a pencil liner. I've yet to try it on its own but will test it out as such as I think it's only fair to review it that way. (I'll update at that time.) I RIS but price is comparable to other H/E pencil liners.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2007 3:02:00 PM More reviews by Janeybear

Well I think I am mixed about this eyeliner. I am a total klutz with liquid eyeliner and I was tired of spending 20 minutes every morning just correcting my eye makeup, so I thought this would be a great compromise-the dark, fluid lines of a liquid but in an easy to use gel-like pencil form. When I first applied it I was thrilled, and still am, about how easy it is to get the look I want, and how it effortlessly glides along my lashline. Love it! Now my problem. It never seems to truly "set" for me, and even after 10 hours of wearing it I can absentmindedly rub my hand against my eye and it's smear-city. Unfortunately, while the 'glide-on' part of the description for this was dead-on, the 24/7 part was less than true for me. It smears extremely easily. I wanted this to be "the one" so bad, because other than the constant smearing (unacceptable), the application is amazing.
UPDATE: Ok I've been using this for a month or two now and I've realized that it doesn't smudge nearly as badly if I don't line my lower lashes with it. For some reason it's the lower lashline that's smearing and not the top..the butter smooth application of this eyeliner has definitely grown on me (I can't imagine going back to pencils that tug on my skin-ick!) so I'm willing to forgo lining my lower lashes to keep using this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2007 1:11:00 PM More reviews by midnightlouise

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

From the mixed reviews here I was afraid this wouldn't be all that great, but I was pleased to find out that Zero works very well for me! Love the super black color, love the ease of application. It never budges on me, but then I never apply dark liner on my lower lids. (I have hooded eyes & this just makes me look sick.) All in all an excellent addition to my collection!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2007 12:51:00 PM More reviews by eiluj44

The perfect BLACK black pencil. I love ALL of the 24-7 pencils. They have replaced my previous HG Revlon Colorstay, simply because they have a wider range of colors and you can sharpen them to a better point. Stays on forever, just give it a minute to set before you put anything on top of it, or you can smudge it right away and then it still stays on!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2007 4:16:00 PM More reviews by DGentile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really WANTED to love this eyeliner, after reading all the positive reviews on this site. I always have a problem with "racoon" eyes--smudges on my lower lash line--after a few hours. I thought my problems were solved...but no! I tried this product several times, but I always got smudges by mid-day. Oh well...my search continues. This eyeliner does have a very nice, creamy consistency, though. Overall, this is not worth the $15 price...you can get drugstore products that perform better (wet n wild) for much cheaper. UPDATE: I found a great eyeliner...Ben Nye cake eyeliner. It actually stays put. Save your money and get the Ben Nye, instead (I have the dark brown). My search has finally ended!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2007 3:45:00 PM More reviews by IslandGirlSPN

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It glides right on but it smudges eventually within a few hours on me. MAC Engraved or even Revlon colorstay mechanical is more reliable. DEC 2010 UPDATE: Still workin on the same zero pencil from forever ago. Its still soft and SMUDGY like in a bad way. I really dislike this formula but the color is such a nice sooty black. ive been trying to wear this the past few days to get rid of it once and for all. (i dont want to throw it away because it cost an arm and a leg for a flippin pencil.) anyway it just keeps reminding me not to ever buy ud pencils ever again. (i even gave away all the rest of my ud pencils. they just suck!) UPDATE AGAIN JAN 2012 - LMAO I AM STILL TRYING TO GET RID OF THIS CRAPTASTIC EYELINER. I am finally down to the last bit of nub. I have dry skin/non oily eyelids and this junk smudges and budges like a cheap eyeliner formula on me. Maybelliner Master Drama is waaaay better than this overpriced crap.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2007 3:16:00 AM More reviews by princesnessa

i am not usually a fan of pencil eyeliner but i do like this one alot. i like that it glides, makes it very easy to use. it lives up to the name and does stay in place. reasonable price and as always cute packaging.