January 27, 2015 | 1936 users online

Eyeliner - Urban Decay - 24-7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2007 7:24:00 PM More reviews by alicology

An alright black eyeliner, nice and soft and easy to smudge and blend, although it still stays put. Not greasy or oily like other eyeliners can be, and doesn't drag your eyelid when you apply it due to the texture. It's not a hundred percent waterproof, but I've had days where I've put this on in the morning for work, gone out for drinks afterwards, stumbled into bed forgetting to take my make-up off and it's still there in the morning. The only problem is that it just doesn't stay put as well as I'd like on my waterline, and it does occasionally produce an unattractive greyish smudge. It also has to be sharpened a lot to get the best effect. I would probably not buy this again as I'm determined to find something that will stay put on my waterline and the quality isn't terribly higher than drugstore brands I've tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2007 5:35:00 PM More reviews by gothpixie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love how soft it is - I've used other soft liners like Benefit's Bad Gal, and it was too greasy and didn't stay in place. 24/7 lasts me forever and still looks great, and goes on super smooth. Only problem with it being so soft is that I sharpen it a lot, so it gets used up pretty quickly. It's also very black, not a soft black by any means. I do go through them awfully fast though because of the sharpening, I wouldn't mind so much but it can get expensive. But I believe in only buying what I'll actually use and be happy with, instead of spending money on something inferior just because it's cheaper. UPDATE 5/10/08: Have noticed with more use that I have to put this on clean eyelids (with primer is okay, I use UDPP) as in, pretty soon after I have washed my face. If my eyelids are the least bit oily (and I don't really have oily lids or skin) I can't apply it - it leaves a streaky looking mark, sometimes even no color at all. This applies for all the 24/7 liners in my experience. Might have something to do with how soft it is, but I still love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2007 10:35:00 PM More reviews by swtxdreams

Pros:
*glides on easily
*very black

Cons:
smears like crazy at the end of the day.

and that is enough reason to never buy it again.

I was looking for a non-smudging, non-smearing eyeliner and the MA at Sephora swore that this eyeliner does not smear--- but it does.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2007 12:15:00 AM More reviews by Jcfam6

I love the 24/7 eyeliners! I have Asian eyes and eyeliners always smudge on me. I went to Sephora and got my makeup done and she used these and they lasted all day!!!! I love bourbon especially, what a beautiful rich brown. I want to get all the colors and have not found anything else that stays put.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2007 5:14:00 PM More reviews by frimpled

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

HG black eyeliner! I love this eyeliner, it's SO smooth going on (also have 24/7 in baked and love that one too) and stays on forever after it sets. It's absolutely waterproof (perfect for going to the beach or having emotional days) and won't smear up onto my lids when I decide to go without eyeshadow (oily lid problem). It's the perfect black color, very highly pigmented, not shimmery or sparkly or grayish at all. I can't say enough about this pencil! The consistency is the best I've used in a pencil, and everybody thinks that I'm wearing liquid liner because of the precision of the line.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2007 3:20:00 PM More reviews by ImCastingMagicMissiles

Yes, Zero is a dark, inky, soft, smudgy gothling's dream eyeliner. However, it doesn't last quite as long as the 24/7 name would imply. It smears a bit, so you might want to powder over it with some black (or another color) eyeshadow to really seal it and prevent it from going anywhere. What I do like about this pencil is how easy it is to smudge and blend into the lastline due to it's softness, and the fact that it is black, black, black. If you're willing to work with it a little, it is one of the better black liners out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2007 3:19:00 AM More reviews by Britannia8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best black eyeliner pencil I have ever used. I wouldn't call it waterproof, but it stays better than Lancome, Clinique, L'Oreal, etc. I have to actually use a Q-tip to get it off the inner rim after scrubbing with remover! That's how well it stays. It is a really rich creamy black and goes on so smoothly

rated 2 of 5 on 10/10/2007 6:38:00 PM More reviews by shihyin

The color is really black and glide on the lids easily. But this thing smudge on me like crazy. Totally can not ware it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2007 12:17:00 PM More reviews by DarkSideChic87

This product is great for lining the upper lashline. It's a dark black and really does stay put up there. The only problem is, I bought it to go on my waterline, and it smudges as much as my MAC Smolder eye kohl, if not more. So, my search for a long-lasting black eyeliner continues...
EDIT: So, I've experimented with this a little more since I last reviewed. I've realized that if I dry my waterline with a clean cotton swab before applying this e/l, it stays put much better. Still not all day, but much better than before. It goes on very dark, which I love. I also love that it is a pencil, which is much more convenient than gel liners. (My absolute favorite eyeliner for staying power is MAC Blacktrack Fluidline, but it's just too much hassle on rushed mornings.) I will definitely repurchase this when I run out.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2007 7:39:00 AM More reviews by reggi

i thought this eyeliner was supposed to stay on 24/7?? it smudges within a few hours. it looks like i have dark circles under my eyes after a few hours because it just smudges under there. i thought this would be better than the MAC powerpoint eyeliner but i guess i thought wrong. the only thing good about it is that it's really BLACK (which i love) and that it glides on easily. would not buy again after i finish it.