Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero

3.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Cyclopentasiloxane, C11 12 Isoparaffin, Polybutene, Paraffin, Buxus Chinensis (Jojoba), Hydrogenated Cottonseed Oil, Ceresin, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax) (Microcrystalline), Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Phenoxyethanol, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Carmine (CI 75470) (CI 75470), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Aluminum Powder (CI 77000) (CI 77000), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090) (CI 42090), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Bronze Powder (CI 77400) (CI 77400), Copper Powder (CI 77400), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288)

This really isn't a very intense black black... I understand everyone expects different things from products and has tried different things, but for anyone who is looking for a true black black eyeliner, this definitely isn't it. I have tried many other eyeliners which are way much more black and more intense than this one, even drugstore ones!!
This eyeliner is weird. It fades really quickly, within seconds, I line one eye and then I'm lining the other and the one I lined first has already started fading and looks grayish medium-black. This happens within seconds, not to mention how this eyeliner ends up looking after a few hours. Its lasting power is absolutely poor, it fades to an ugly grayish color and smears like crazy, more than any other eyeliner I've ever tried. It migrates like crazy too!! Urban Decay says you put this eyeliner on and let it set for 20 seconds and then it will stay put... no way, not at all!! It never sets. It smudges and smears like crazy. It's not hard to find drugstore eyeliners that are much better.

on 1/7/2008 1:36:00 PM

For those of you looking for the blackest of the blackest liner that will never come off, this is the one for you. I've put it on at 6:00 a.m., accidentally fell asleep that night in it, and it'll still be on the next morning. It is smudgeable as long as you get to it right away, or else it sets in 30 seconds. It's pretty expensive for a pencil, but you get what you pay for, so it's well worth it. Oh, and it goes on very smooth, unlike kohl eyeliners that tug at your eyelids.

on 1/5/2008 11:54:00 PM

Didn't stay on my waterline as well as expected, but I could just use Maybelline Infallible to do that. I use this right in my lashline since it is so creamy, it just glides on. Stays really well there too.

on 1/3/2008 11:19:00 AM

I have spent years looking for a decent eyeliner that will STAY PUT! I have tried sooo many different brands and nothing would ever last. I gave the UD 24/7 a try since I read good reviews on it. I am happy to say that my eyeliner search is over! I love this stuff...it really stays on all day, plus it goes on smoothly! The only thing I dislike is the fact that the pencil has to be sharpened often. I usually won't even bother with the pencil style eyeliners, but I deal since this is good stuff. UD should make it available in an automatic pencil...then it would truly be a 5 star product.

on 12/28/2007 2:45:00 PM

I have the 24/7 liner in zero and 1999. Let me tell you, this is probably the best eyeliner I've ever got! It goes on so smooth and you have about 15-30 seconds to smudge it to aquire your look and then it sets and once it sets, there is NO way to get it off! I love this eyeliner and I am probably going to buy it in many different colors. The zero color is black and it is a rich black at that! The pencil is wonderful and it goes on in a straight line with no difficulty. A lady at the Sephora suggested this to me and she hit it DEAD ON! I love this pencil and will definatly re-purchase!

on 12/27/2007 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

This is crap!!! I can't believe this is so EXTREMELY overrated, this eyeliner totally sucks!!!
I bought it only because of the reviews on here thinking that it'd be a great eyeliner, and I'm sooo disappointed!!! It's not any better than any cheap drugstore black eyeliner. I can't believe some reviews say that this color is a very intense black black... because it's not at all!!
It's a grayish light black, it's so NOT intense that it even goes on "sheerish" and you have to put on several layers for it to not look gray or sheer and for it to actually show up like a normal eyeliner would do with 1 layer. It has a weird metallic/pearly shine finish to it with a grayish sheen, it's not matte at all and the color payoff when you apply it is just extremely poor (I've even been asked what eyeliner I was using because it looked like a black eyeliner with a pearly finish by someone who was looking for a black eyeliner with a pearly finish... so yes, it's not me, it truly looks pearly/metallic and not matte at all!!).
It goes on too soft when you apply it and it's difficult to put on and it doesn't glide-on properly, it goes uneven and it's too soft which makes the pencil melt and the point dissapears so quickly even when you have just sharpened it, it makes it difficuly to apply properly and feels just like lining your eyes with a melting crayon instead of with an eyeliner. Eyeliners that go on soft are amazing but there's such a thing as TOO soft, like this eyeliner, which feels more like a melted crayon than like actually a soft easy to glide on eyeliner. It goes on so soft and so crayon-like that it feels like it melts and it gets really smudged, + the poor color and the sheerness, it's just not possible to create sharp precise lines with this at all, the color sucks, and it goes on sheerish!!
No matter for how long you let it set, it smudges and smears after you put it on. It starts fading just right after the moment you put it on and in 30 minutes it looks gross, it creases, bulks and melts all over my lids, and the worst of all is that it melts all over my eyeshadow and it makes my eyeshadow bulk and crease mixed with it, it's horrible!!! I've also noticed that something about this eyeliner, wether its grayish sheen or the fact that it fades and smears so easily or both, makes me look tired. This never happened to me wearing other eyeliners, other liners stay put perfectly and so does my eyeshadow for hours and hours and hours, but this eyeliner makes everything bulk and crease in less than 1 hour!!! It doesn't stay put on the waterline either more than 2 minutes. It's definitely not waterproof at all, not even close. This is the total opposite of what Urban Decay says about it on their website. The lasting power is really poor, not any better than any cheap drugstore eyeliner's lasting power.
And I'm reviewing this crappy eyeliner after having used the whole pencil... I have worn it in different seasons, different weather conditions, with my skin feeling different, even in different countries with different kinds of makeup... and it always does the same thing, it's crap!! I used it when I didn't need my makeup to look good lol, I would never wear this crappy eyeliner when I wanted my makeup to look good!! And finally I'm happy I've run out of it... will never buy again!!!! It also runs out really fast, much more than other eyeliners, since it's so soft and crayon like and melts so much, you have to sharpen it sooo much.

This is more of a cheap eyeliner (not talking about price, talking about quality!!). If you really want a great quality pro eyeliner which is wether a very intense black, a long lasting eyeliner that won't smear, crease or fade or an eyeliner which allows you to create sharp, precise lines and great makeup, or the 3 of all, run away from this!!!

This is just pure extremely overpriced and extremely overrated crap, I can't believe I wasted my money on this and got this instead of my other beloved eyeliners that I usually use!! This is the worst non-drustore eyeliner I've ever tried, and even many drugstore eyeliners are better than this.

I got the gift set that came w/ 5 24/7 eyeliner.."lust, penny, covet, zero, ?" well..zero! is beautiful...all of them are great!...I have ultra senstive eyes...and no burning in the corner of my eyes or anything ...will get it again.

on 12/24/2007 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

HG black pencil eyeliner...
Bought it at a Boston Sephora in August and I'm still using the little stub, definitely buying a new one soon though! It's the richest black eyeliner I have ever used, which I love on my dark brown eyes and lashes. It really dries and stays put after 30 seconds and lasts me all night, even through the sweaty night club dancing when my high-end mascara is smearing all over the place. My sister even gave up her stand-by liner and switched to Urban 24-7. I have it in the electric green color and it's BEAUTIFUL on brown eyes.

I really love this eyeliner. It goes on smooth without any tugging at all, and stays on all day without any smearing or smudging at all. It is an intense jet black, no blue undertones or turning gray like a lot of other liners. A con about this is that if it gets too dull, the sides get pointy around the tip and it scratches your lids, and it gets dull pretty easily too. But other than that, it is amazing and it is the only one I'll ever use. That's saying something 'cause I have tried so many different eyeliners. PS: I have oily lids.

on 12/17/2007 10:25:00 PM

A pencil eyeliner is an item the pros tell you not to spend too much $$ on since there are only a few factories that makes them in the world. Apparently, they all come from the same place.

However, having tried tons of eye pencils....this one stood out as exceptional. It glides on beautifully...no tugging, no pain....and stays put. Color goes on vivid and stays put!

The 15$ I paid for it is well worth. I highly recommend this product...it's phenomenal.

Top Rated Urban Decay Products