September 18, 2014 | 1816 users online

BB Cream - Maybelline - Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2012 10:57:00 AM More reviews by Chloewothe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this product. it is a little oily for my skin but with a powder its great bb cream. i also have the garneir witch is a little thicker. so i apply the maybelline one with a makeup sponge and a powder (i use the noutergena one in fair) and the bb cream for me is in light/ medium. this product was 8.99 at cvs (or any other drougstore ) overall i would buy this again

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2012 2:00:00 AM More reviews by ila80

Love it!!! This will be a wonderful addition to your makeup bag. It is great for summer. Very light and airy. When out and about in the heat, I forget I'm wearing makeup... until I look in a mirror and see that my face looks perfect! 30 SPF is wonderful, too. It is so easy to slap on in the morning when I'm in a hurry. There is no skill required to apply. Covers everything I need it to. I got the lightest shade but I debated in the store if I should go one darker. I'm glad I picked the lightest because it's just right.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2012 8:49:00 PM More reviews by Ewabili

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this BB cream, as the reviewers mention it's a sheer tinted moisturizer and it comes in 5 shades. The lightest one is perfect for my summer skin, but wouldn't cut it in the colder months, so i'll go back to my Nars tinted moisturizers. Looks very natural, very sheer coverage, dewy.

The only thing that they should have invested money in is the SPF, the 30 mark is backed by 1.15% titanium dioxide (my Nars tinted moisturizer SPF 30 has 7.4 octinoxate and 6.1% titanium dioxide) which doesn't cut it. So if you plan on going into the sun put a sunscreen under this is not a replacement for sunscreen!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2012 2:08:00 AM More reviews by Luciferr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product does everything it says on the packaging. I apply this with a kabuki brush and it almost covers as well as my regular face foundation. It's not oily at all ( which is a plus for me ). I would def recommend this for summer time because it's so lightweight & easy. Best american BB cream I've tried yet. However, I wish it was a lil cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2012 3:04:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

Update: I simply adore this stuff. I'm going through a bit of a dry/red/sensitive spell with my skin right now and I've been wearing this instead of my normal foundation. It gives my skin the most subtle/natural glow and hydrates (although by mid-day I do get a bit dry again). I only apply one layer but it gives enough coverage to hide my redness and acne scars. I lightly powder with Cargo blu-ray and it looks beautiful throughout the day. Regardless of the product I use, I have to blot about 1 or 2x/day but I still love the finish this gives as the day goes on.

Coming from a person who's not a fan of BB creams in general, I'm truly impressed with the formulation of this one. It's not as heavy and cakey as other asian BB's I've tried. Light texture and coverage that leaves a glowy finish. I do have to blot after a couple of hours, though. Doesn't irritate my acne-prone skin one bit.

I picked up the color medium and it works well with my NC30 skintone.

it's my go-to 'foundation' for when I want to get my face done quick and still look presentable :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2012 2:59:00 PM More reviews by JustH

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't wear foundation as a rule. I occassionally wear a little foundation mixed with moisturiser. I have relatively clear skin and freckles, so wearing foundation for me just looks and feels odd.

A lot of the bad reviews are because this doesn't give good coverage. It is pretty sheer, but yet evens out skin tone.

What I have found is that this suits me down to the ground. It is smooth to put on, and has a lovely dewy finish. It has heavier coverage than the Garnier equivalent, so I use it when I need something a little more heavy duty, but it is still pretty sheer. I love the way this feels, and tend to use it when I'm going out. It forms a good base for the little makeup that I wear. It evens my skin tone well, but doesn't make my freckles disappear.

This isn't a foundation, but it is perfect for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2012 1:13:00 PM More reviews by baronchow

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The BB Cream rage ... tried so many in all price ranges and disliked them all for various reasons. The major one being that they left me looking flat/matte and seemed to accentuate every fine line and blemish. And most had low spf (if any) ratings.

Now Maybelline ... you hit it out of the park for me. I want light coverage (check), the dewy finish (check), good moisturizing (check), no melting (check) and at least spf 30 (check). Not bad for $10.99. Tried 2 shades (medium/tan and medium) and neither changed on my skin once applied.

2 warnings: (1) if you want moderate or more coverage, this isn't for you. Very light coverage - think tinted moisturizer not foundation. (2) you will tan with this. I put alot on ... spf 30 is not high enough (for me) if I'm planning a day in the sun.

But for most every other day ... I'm a big fan.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2012 12:55:00 PM More reviews by Carrol

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This year I've tried a number of BB creams, including one from my dermatologist's office. None has impressed me as much as this BB cream from Maybelline. Is it a 'true' BB cream? Not necessarily. But what it does do it does very well, and it's inexpensive as well at $10.99 Canadian!

I don't like medium or heavy foundations - I prefer to let my skin show through, and this product hides a few flaws and doesn't feel uncomfortable on my skin. I find the application extremely easy. I warm it up by running it between my fingers and then applying it to my face. I find it's very easy to work with, no makeup brush needed.

I don't know if we get the exact same product in Canada as the product sold in the U.S. or other areas of the world, but I'm not aware of any odd smells. The clincher is that even with my oily, large pored skin, it doesn't clog my pores and a light dusting of a powder over it keeps me as matte as any other sheer moisturizer/sheer makeup that I have ever used. And it comes off very easily with a facial wipe (currently using both Biore wipes and Korres Pomegranate Wipes).

I'm finding this product particularly good in matching my face colour to the more tanned areas of my neck and chest. I religiously use Skinceuticals Fusion SPF50 and my face is much lighter than my neck (I probably should use it there too - I know!). I can use the Medium/Tan in this Maybelline BB product to perfectly match my skin and make it look like my face is gently tanned. I'm a light, with some rosacea, but because I don't use too much of this BB cream, the colour looks believable. And Maybelline has provided a nice range of shades that should work with everyone!

Regarding the rosacea, I have not had this product aggravate my skin at all. That said, I do use a light application of it. I think the Medium shade will work for me after the summer is over, and will probably hide my rosacea a little better than the medium/tan shade. Knowing this, I'm going to purchase the colours I need NOW, because I am always fearful of a good product being discontinued/changed. Cosmetics companies always want to come out with new products, and often because of this, something gets dropped from their line-up of products.

If you like a lighter sheer coverage, weightless in feel, and something with significant SPF in it, you really should give this a try.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2012 10:50:00 PM More reviews by nicolemarion

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'd like to say right out of the gate that if it was marketed as a tinted moisturizer, I would have given this product 4 stars. However, since they decided to market it as a BB Cream, I docked it one star for not living up to the connotations of its name.

This product has very light coverage, and is a lot thinner than I would expect a BB Cream to be. In fact, when applied with the fingers, the product has almost no coverage; it's very sheer. I can, however, get the coverage a bit higher when I apply it with a brush (I use the Real Techniques buffing brush). Using this application technique, I really, really like the product.

When applied with a brush, the product diminishes the appearance of acne spots to some extent (though by no means entirely, not that I would expect it to. I need to apply concealer to cover blemishes.)

One of the main downfalls of this product is the smell. It doesn't last, but while applying, it's strong and very chemical-y.

I can't attest to the "8 benefits", really, because, truth be told, I didn't buy the product because of them. I just wanted a light-coverage makeup base, and that's exactly what I got.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2012 10:26:00 PM More reviews by jcdixon

I got this as a lighter substitute for foudation on beach days or work days when I'm in a hurry. I like that it's SPF 30. The coverage is enough for me, but I find I have to use powder and touch up throughout the day or my face is really oily. I think next time I'll go with dry touch sun block and mineral makeup.